Annoucement of 1st Paid Expansion on 1 year Anniversay?

Lendrick

I think it would be a great time for them to announce the first major (paid) expansion to the game! This should include, but not limited to:

-Level Cap Increase to 60

-2 New Classes to choose from with fully voiced story from 1 - 60

-New Playable Race!

-New Armour/Weapons/Ships, ect

-Player Housing

-Guild Capital Ships (Guild Housing)

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it'd be a good moment for timing. You tend to strike a lot bigger audience by announcing those sort of things during major conventions, such as E3. Additionally, time till release would most likely be too long as of yet to warran an announcement already.

I think it would be a great time for them to announce the first major (paid) expansion to the game! This should include, but not limited to:

-New Playable Race!

-Player Housing

Any other suggestions?

Might as well wish for world peace and immortality while you are at it.... :rolleyes:

Its to early. Remember Game slike WoW, Eve and other MMO's have an expansion release every 2-3 years. Its only been 11 Months and some change, So we have a bit. If they were going to do one now tho which is to soon in my opinion. id want

- a New Species Or Multiple Species

- Level Cap Increase by 5-10

- A new planet

If you throw out all that content it sould make people happy it wont but i feel it sufices. Throwing a game expansion with new classes and races along with all the other features you mentions would be a great deal to undertake.

I do feel if they make new classes, id want more advanced classes then new main classes. They would have to build or add alot to make a ne classes storyline fit in the exsisting world. They could do like a bounty hunter who uses a rile and stealth and has something unique who know, but off the top of my head a jedi or sith useing a light wip. Other then that i cant think of a New Class that the others couldnt cover.

this is what i think.

next year at E3. Bioware announce the 1st expansion pack.

-lvl cap to 60

-3 new planet including Kalee and Shili

- 2 new classes

- 2 new races

- sith inquisitor and jedi consular get there own personal star ship

- pod racing is introduce

- new modification station that changes orange gear into whatever the player want.

- 100 of NEW gear and robes for all classes

- more customization on character creation

- the class quest gives more Xp after you have hit lvl 60 on 1 toon.

- a new city on each home planet and the space station is gone

- new animations for sith marauder

- new mounts

-6 new flashpoints

- 2 new WZ and 4 new raids

well a man can dream :)

Its to early. Remember Game slike WoW, Eve and other MMO's have an expansion release every 2-3 years

Eve Online has a free expansion every 8 months. But let's not compare swtor to a sandbox.

I really prefer that BW adds content with smaller free updates than a major expansion.

I think it would be a great time for them to announce the first major (paid) expansion to the game!

That problem would be solved then. Now they would just need an expansion to be announced and everything would be fine.

Edited by Cretinus

Eve Online has a free expansion every 8 months. But let's not compare swtor to a sandbox.

I really prefer that BW adds content with smaller free updates than a major expansion.

I don't see EVE online as a sandbox. A giant black hole that sucks you in if you get very interested and invested of which there is no real chance of escape, yes, but not a normal sandbox.

Nice wishful thinking, but actually i would be really happy if somewhere next year we have level cap increase and new story related to Makeb (or whatever).

I hardly can imagine "new classes" - like WHAT else could we have that is not existing currently?

The only one coming to me now would be Kamino's Cloner - but heck, WHAT would be their "story"? To clone all Imps and Republic biggest heroes? And by that help one side to win?

New races..nnah..I do not really see a need for that. We won't have Yodas, we wont have Wookies, and it is rather difficult to implement playable Itorian, so kinda makes not much sense.

But reality check: to develop already a story for 8 different classes on 1 planet and voiceover it.. yeah.. do you think they have a budget (or willingness) for that?

Its to early. Remember Game slike WoW, Eve and other MMO's have an expansion release every 2-3 years.

Uh, WoW is the only game that releases Xpacs on a 2-3 year cycle. That is because Blizzard is a pure sh** company and cant do anything in a decent amount of time.

Every other MMO releases on a 8-14 month cycle - Eve being one of them who releases the most often with only 6-8 months between most of their xpacs.

Please know what your talking about before posting.

Expansions are good business. Not just the box sales, it's a virtual bi-annual re-launch. A major event in the life of any mmo. It re-generates the launch hype and excitement, brings old people back and new ones in. There is no way in heck WoW would ever have gotten as big as it is if all it did after vanilla is feed content via periodical content patches.

I cant believe how cynical TOR community is, not expecting an expansion lol. This game is still 2nd biggest subscriber game out there, ofc. they'll make an expansion with all the tools and production facilities already in place and half a mil guaranteed box sales minimum.

I would tend to agree that this christmas is too fast to hear about it but it's surely coming. It's easy money and EA loves easy money.

Instead of more lvels i would prefer they just give us some new abilities as new quest chains rewards. Something like LOTROs level 50 class quests. I dont think increasing level cap is a good idea as it makes current top level content even easier to do and obsolete.

Instead of more lvels i would prefer they just give us some new abilities as new quest chains rewards. Something like LOTROs level 50 class quests. I dont think increasing level cap is a good idea as it makes current top level content even easier to do and obsolete.

It is called continued growth. Something new to achieve and I am all for it. Keep increasing the level cap.

DCUO is the other MMO I play. They do expansions every couple of months it seems. So far they have added new powers, revamped existing powers and are in the process of adding player housing. Each of these things (for non-subs) they charge $10 for and they are all free for subs.

I see no point in raising the level cap. I wouldn't mind a new class though I have no idea what they could possibly add. I think people would probably pay to play a wookie bounty hunter (I would) and there are other things like that. I can't think of any actual classes to add. The main characters in the movies would fall into one of the 8 classes we have already.

-New Playable Race!

-Player Housing

Any other suggestions?

Guild mail to all in the guild

Instant Travel for groups and instances - 2 or more in a group once invited to the group you can travel from any point to where the group is.

FREE ROAM SPACE!!!

Space PVP

I'd rather have bugs hammered out, and eradicated. Permanently. Never to return on a later "update" then have an expansion.

^This and no new lvl cap, what for? You reach the new lvl cap in like 6-8 hrs and then? Its back to the same. There is no need for a higher lvl. You can beat every enemy you encounter in this game with lvl 50. Doesnt needs to turn into WoW where it goes up to like lvl 80 now.

Paid expansion? No sir. I already pay the subscription and there are other f2p MMOs that bring them for free.