scoundrel cover

Raansu

I like how people never read anything and always assume everything. For starters, I don't play smash spec. My juggernaut is generally always in a hybrid 18/23/0 spec and my sentinel will always be watchmen spec. I respec to smash when I'm bored, other then that, I generally don't care for the spec.

As far as cover goes, if any of you bothered to read what I said, I'm not asking to remove the mechanic, I'm asking to add some damn logic to it. Gunslingers have a screen, so it makes sense for them to have the leap immunity (especially since they are a ranged character). A scoundrel crouched out in the open field blocking leap makes absolutely no sense (especially considering they are mostly a melee character). Being physically behind cover and blocking leap makes sense and should still be part of the mechanic if someone physically goes behind cover, but that's about it.

I find the Leap itself is ridiculous and out of sense.

It is behind any logic to fly in air for 30 meters. The Leap should be reconsidered. 5-8 meters is what it must be.

I find the Leap itself is ridiculous and out of sense.

It is behind any logic to fly in air for 30 meters. The Leap should be reconsidered. 5-8 meters is what it must be.

So you are saying that people can use the force to hurl boulders through the air but they should not be able to hurl themselves through the air?

So you are saying that people can use the force to hurl boulders through the air but they should not be able to hurl themselves through the air?

Ok. Challenge accepted. (Though the plead for logic is the OP prerogative)

Boulders are hurled for no more than 10 meters. Why the Body is hurled for 30?

Oh no Op healers are preventing my GAP CLOSER by STANDING PERFECTLY STILL and allowing me to close the gap for free.

Really dude? It's hardly like snipers where they're 40yrds away rooting your the whole way to them and then knocking you back when you finally close them then rooting you some more while they reposition.

Leap immunity is far from a god button, it's a useful capability that requires a little forethought to use to your advantage. Also I heard every warrior is using derpsmash at the minute, use obliterate.

By the by: Only snipers receive 20% defense from solid cover (15% from deployable I believe).

ALL we get is;

leap immunity from crouch

100% white damage defense with solid cover AND while not doing anything.

The only reason it's a lifesaver at the minute is becuase (like evasion) it's niche use becomes a common use due to everyone and their *********** mother is playing a warrior.

Edited by CaptainApop

Ya lets not give lolsmashers an even easier way to roll everyone

Cover should be specific for gunslingers who relly on it to fight, but for scoundrels should be only a defensive talent with restriction to healing ability, is realy annoying to see them healing in cover all the way, so if they get atacked they simply move away to sit back in cover till they mates suport them and stop the atackers. That is by far way OP. :eek:

Oh no Op healers are preventing my GAP CLOSER by STANDING PERFECTLY STILL and allowing me to close the gap for free.

Really dude? It's hardly like snipers where they're 40yrds away rooting your the whole way to them and then knocking you back when you finally close them then rooting you some more while they reposition.

Leap immunity is far from a god button, it's a useful capability that requires a little forethought to use to your advantage. Also I heard every warrior is using derpsmash at the minute, use obliterate.

There isn't always a direct path. If they want the leap immunity then they should actually be behind cover like using the sandbags in huttball for example instead of just crouching out in the open. The mechanic is still there, it just makes you actually use the damn environment instead of just blocking it whenever you feel like it.

Also, I've been playing sentinel since launch (back when they were considered bad) and have ALWAYS played watchmen spec. Don't assume just because someone plays a warrior class means they simply rerolled and went immediately to focus. Watchmen is my favorite spec and it will always be my main spec.

Besides, they are the most mobile healers in the game. If you see one crouching, consider that his way of doing you a favor, by making you save your leap for when he inevitably tries to create distance.

It's funny how many sents and juggs just attack somebody else if they can't leap to you though

Have you ever thought this was always in the game for people to use? I have used it on my healing op for some time now and it counters leap monkeys. Its extremely unfair how you can get instantly full stacks and hit me for 7.4k damage? Seems like more of a game balance that has always been around to defend against you leap monkeys. Yes ops are the best pvp healers but guess what I still don't have bubble stun! Only class that can cry is mercs since they just suck.

bubblestun at least gave DPS sorcerers a fighting chance, especially in spots. Deal with it till 1.7 where everything gets rebalanced or they nerf sorcerers to the ground of useless again.

Besides its 4m, if you can't use bleeds or range attacks or god damn snares then you deserve the stun.

As for the cover, god it would be nice if they gave mercs and sorcerers that.

But to be completely honest, melee mashers can use the environment to their advantage or can't you bother spam snaring or walking to close the distance. Either that or just ignore them and let some other class deal with them. Your class can't all be gods.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.