I am resubbing

Aepervius

After a long pause (from january) I am resubbing to SWTOR. Reason for that is : after going around the concurrence , I still prefer SWTOR for the story , the only MMO I like for the combat is actually DDO. I plan to play both in parallel to avoid the MMO fatigue which hit me hard for SWTOR.

I am still 4 Gb download away from entering the game. Nearly as excited as I was back when it started.

I see a lot has changed since then :p. Now what would you recommend to me.... Start from zero after such a long pause ? Or re use my old chars ? Also for subscriber what does the cash shop add ? Are there interresting option ?

What do you think ?

Edited by Aepervius
my horrid spelling

It's great to hear you're resubbing. I'd probably recommend keep your old characters if you've accumulated enough legacy points. In the Cartel shop, there are some interesting items, recommend the Crime Lord's Cartel Pack for the chance of unlocking some rare and iconic items. Some items already available to get straight away are the holo rancor and carbonite freezing chamber plus some pets. Depending how many months you were subbed for, you would've received some coins to spend already.

1.6 is out next week bringing some new content so hopefully that should be enough to keep you entertained.

Edited by Vitas

Personally i'd Recommend starting from Scratch, Or going into an Older Character Doing a Couple of Runs of Dailies and then Sending it to your new one. (If you can ofcourse)

Cashstore is interesting and Possibly useful, but it depends. For RP reasons its useful... I.E. you can Finally have a Fallen Jedi look for a Sith... With the Actual Jedi looks on some items.

For a sub the cash shop basically gives you cosmetic stuff and a few buffs if you want them (Such as an increases to space combat mission etc...) You don't need anything in the store but it can help.

As Bioware has always said as a sub you get all of the games features completely free... so far.

As for you continuing from your old characters or starting new. Only you can answer that. From the sound of it though u really enjoy the levelling because of the story.

Either way its good to hear people coming back to sub and playing the game again.

After a long pause (from january) I am resubbing to SWTOR. Reason for that is : after going around the concurrence , I still prefer SWTOR for the story , the only MMO I like for the combat is actually DDO. I plan to play both in parallel to avoid the MMO fatigue which hit me hard for SWTOR.

I am still 4 Gb download away from entering the game. Nearly as excited as I was back when it started.

I see a lot has changed since then :p. Now what would you recommend to me.... Start from zero after such a long pause ? Or re use my old chars ? Also for subscriber what does the cash shop add ? Are there interresting option ?

What do you think ?

There's a new WZ coming in 1-2 weeks (it's been on PTS for a while) and lots of new endgame PvE (Nightmare EC, SM&HM TFB, Dreadtooth).

HK-51 would be my focus if I were you. You can pickup the HK-51 mission series from Section X, google dulfy's guide to get started.

Welcome back!

You can get race unlocks on GTN now, if people are selling them. On my server they're going for about 1/3 the price that you'd get buying them in the legacy tab. So if you want to reroll a Chiss Jedi or the like, check how much money you've got on your main.

Section X is a new daily area, I recommend doing it at least once to see if you like it. If you do the HK-51 storyline, group up with people when you get to the components-searching section, it'll make things a hundred times easier.

Edited by Guancyto

Start from scratch, as you can see from my Signature I had quite a few high lvl characters but I left them all behind a month ago to start my Operative(Hacky) and I'm quite enjoying myself.

A fresh start for a fresh start. Also recommend doing the opposite faction if you only played 1 faction primarily like I did.

Oh good grief. I think I'll start playing next week at best... :(

My SWTOR folder atm is 37 GB >_> No PTR or Beta folder in there either, straight live client.

Glad I downloaded it before I moved to West Virginia 6 months ago or I'd probably still be downloading.

MMOs are big games these days, they tend to be 15-20GB at release these days.

Still, I hear you. I just resubbed a couple of weeks ago after being away 4 months and I also came back because I enjoy the stories here. I am glad I came back and also happy with having 12 character slots per server :)

There's a new WZ coming in 1-2 weeks (it's been on PTS for a while) and lots of new endgame PvE (Nightmare EC, SM&HM TFB, Dreadtooth).

HK-51 would be my focus if I were you. You can pickup the HK-51 mission series from Section X, google dulfy's guide to get started.

Next Tuesday.

I returned after a 8 month break to test the F2P option and ended up resubing in less than 48 hours. The game is in much better shape now, ofc there is still much room for improvement. I started from scratch on Republic side and this time i am going to take things slow and not burn myself out.

My advice is to start fresh.

WB! I have always kept my sub, been playing regurlarly since beta, I simply take my time and slowly leveling toons in both factions. I too enjoy the story quest more than the other game options. Just don't know what I'll do after leveling my last 3 character classes left...

Hopefully the new planet has new stories for all the classes....

koool. I quit before january and after 4-5 different games ...i have now re-subbed about 2 weeks ago.

I recommend that 'as you mentioned'..make a character and start from afresh. because if you loaded your main character, you'd be pretty overwhelmed by the new patches and stuff going on.

I am contemplating on resubbing myself. I went back to WoW for a bit but never quite got into the swing of things. I do love Swtor lore and have put a lot of hours into this game since early game access. I did enjoy this game but didn't agree with a lot of the developers moves regarding the direction pvp was heading in. Planning on giving it another go. I've been gone for about 3-4 months. Just have a few questions. Did they improve the Hero engine at all? The chopiness would drive me insane. All I did was pvp and any sort of chopiness or delayed abilities / server lag drove me crazy being the perfectionist I am in pvp. Also did Bioware create any incentives for world pvp? Edited by Aniliss

I am contemplating on resubbing myself. I went back to WoW for a bit but never quite got into the swing of things. I do love Swtor lore and have put a lot of hours into this game since early game access. I did enjoy this game but didn't agree with a lot of the developers moves regarding the direction pvp was heading in. Planning on giving it another go. I've been gone for about 3-4 months. Just have a few questions. Did they improve the Hero engine at all? The chopiness would drive me insane. All I did was pvp and any sort of chopiness or delayed abilities / server lag drove me crazy being the perfectionist I am in pvp. Also did Bioware create any incentives for world pvp?

The delay is still there but it's not nearly as bad, it was gone for awhile and it seems to only really come back when the servers are VERY HEAVY.

It's worth resubbing imo, I only left back in August because they stopped accepting my CC and they changed me for 6 1 month subscriptions and I got none. Made me not want to play even though I loved the game.

Welcome back! Yes, things have changed a bit, but there aren't any whole sale changes. This isn't a sandbox game now for example, which btw, works for me. :D

Start from scratch and use what you have learned. Save you it can. :csw_yoda:

However, you have 12 slots as a sub so don't toss out your old toons right away. You may be able to salvage gear and crafting materials. Or... you can make one of your old toons into your bank or crafter etc. If you have any legacy gear, you can also mail bound mods to your new toons as needed in that legacy gear. So... you have many options.

Edited by Rafaman

I just resubbed too to finish my trooper quest and try an imperial toon. I didn't like the restrictions on FTP but feel the extra cartel coins from being a subscriber and collector edition owner made resubbing worth it.

Also agree that you should restart, preferably on the other side if you haven't done so yet.

Edited by Jornas