Remove credit cap for f2p players / make a cartel item to remove credit cap

TyrBloodsun

You guys need to remove the credit cap for f2p players or make a cartel item to remove credit cap. You are missing out on a lot of money if you do not.

Most F2p players will never buy cash store items, but will spend hours on end to grinding huge amounts of credits to buy cash store items from other players; all that limiting the amount of credits f2p players can have does is limit the amount of items that paying customers can sell to f2p customers.

With a max of 250k credits none of the f2p players will be able to afford the high dollar value items.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from DCUO where F2P players were capped at, I think, 1k and premium players capped at 2k, 250k sure seems like a high cap and quite generous in comparison.

Maybe I'm just not hardcore enough, but after playing this game for several months I don't recall ever purchasing anything near 250k except for speeder piloting rank 3. The most I've ever spent on the GTN is 100k I believe.

Just as a little side story, when DCUO went F2P a couple of my RL friends decided to play. Both played most evenings for at least a month yet never even spent the one time $5 to permanently become 'premium' accounts. I could have helped them gear up but in DCUO F2P players not only couldn't trade with others they couldn't even recieve attachments in the mail. I couldn't believe how cheap these guys were and both have pretty good paying full time jobs. $5 bucks? You'll spend at least that much eating at McDonald's one time.

It starts with the credits then it's something else... I say No i pay my sub every month... F2P players want more then get a Sub.

I pay my sub every month and i say open the gates on the credit cap so i can milk those F2P players for every credit they have on the GTN.

Also, having tried the F2P model on SW:TOR (easy to do, just create a new account and try it) i have to agree that alot of the restrictions make no sense whatsoever and make you feel like an unwanted nuisance...

I know it's annoying - but there are players that allow you to buy things in instalments :) I got f2p chap who can't afford sub for various reasons and i am buying him unlocks on GTN and he's just paying me in instalments.
Where is the will, there is a way. :)

I pay my sub every month and i say open the gates on the credit cap so i can milk those F2P players for every credit they have on the GTN.

Also, having tried the F2P model on SW:TOR (easy to do, just create a new account and try it) i have to agree that alot of the restrictions make no sense whatsoever and make you feel like an unwanted nuisance...

Because, once again you're looking at it from a subscribers point of view. However viewed from someone who has only ever known free or preferred those restrictions are not seen as restrictions.

Because, once again you're looking at it from a subscribers point of view. However viewed from someone who has only ever known free or preferred those restrictions are not seen as restrictions.

Those "restrictions" are no restrictions. If you gift half a cake to someone, not to gift him the other half is not a restriction.

Leave the cap on F2P right where it is. It SHOULD be limiting. The point of F2P is to get the person to pony up either for preferred or subscription.

I would however like to see the cap raised a bit for preferred players 500k I think would be a better place and would give them the choice of buying the unlocks from the GTN or for CC (either way EA gets its money since SOMEONE bought the CC).

I think the trick is to make F2P sufficiently difficult without sending them packing. Becoming preferred should be attractive enough that these F2P start converting.

Preferred is frequently the big cash cow in these kinds of setups. Many actually end up spending MORE on the coins than they would have on a subscription. However if preferred isn't attractive enough then rather than F2P>preferred or sub. F2P> F2P or leave

I dont think it should be unlimited but it should be at about a million at least so that the higher ticket items can be sold to F2P players at a reasonable price. $6+ for a max of 350k credits is not a good deal.

This would actually hurt gold farmers more as there would be a safer way to "buy" your credits at a comparable price. Risk your account getting banned for buying gold from a farmers site? Or buy a max of about a million gold for $6-$12?

You guys need to remove the credit cap for f2p players or make a cartel item to remove credit cap. You are missing out on a lot of money if you do not.

Yeah if they sell a credit cap unlock I would buy it in a heartbeat, and Bioware gets money in return, everyone wins.

No thanks, I don't want credit sellers buying unlocks thanks very much.
Yes cause Gold Farmers dont buy accounts.....swear people dont think sometimes....

I know some poeple in the forums don't think sometimes, but you know the good news? gladly it's not up to them if they increase the credit cap or not

Edited by ChazDoit

Most F2p players will never buy cash store items, but will spend hours on end to grinding huge amounts of credits to buy cash store items from other players; all that limiting the amount of credits f2p players can have does is limit the amount of items that paying customers can sell to f2p customers.

With a max of 250k credits none of the f2p players will be able to afford the high dollar value items.

No Please no, for any of the numerous reasons already mentioned.

I agree. You can't stop gold farmers er... credit farmers if you wanted to. But allowing F2P people to buy these packs would help the general economy and probably make the F2P more happy, which could bring more, which probably means more money ect.

I totally agree that there should be a credit increase, either across the board or by having it purchased.

We are turning into SWTOR economists now.

I agree. You can't stop gold farmers er... credit farmers if you wanted to. But allowing F2P people to buy these packs would help the general economy and probably make the F2P more happy, which could bring more, which probably means more money ect.

I totally agree that there should be a credit increase, either across the board or by having it purchased.

We are turning into SWTOR economists now.

I have 2 reasons I like the idea of an increase for PREFERRED ONLY.

1. It provides and incentive for a F2P to convert to Preferred.

2. A change for 350k to 500k is the difference between being able to buy unlocks on the GTN or being forced to buy them for CC (on my server anyways most things are over 350k). Getting the cash moving in the server economy is not all bad long term.

This is exactly the point of the credit cap. It means they either 1) need friend/family with a sub to gift an item to them or 2) buy CC/sub

If they had unlimited credit wallets it would in theory mean F2P people could buy all unlocks with credits on the GTN (and theoretically every Cartel Market item as long as someone is willing to sell it on the GTN) which is counter productive to the F2P model. There's a difference between removing an illogical restriction and removing a restriction that could sabotage the Cartel Market's ability to earn sufficient money on items/unlocks. I think overall the ability to sell items on the GTN is primarily for the benefit of subs so they only have to buy CC if they really want to.

This being said a credit cap unlock (say increments of 250K with a cap of 750K-1 million) wouldn't be a bad idea since it would likely sell enough to offset any increased GTN buying power. Someone has to buy the unlock so even if it is used by a F2P person the devs still earned money for the unlock somewhere along the line.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

I have 2 reasons I like the idea of an increase for PREFERRED ONLY.

1. It provides and incentive for a F2P to convert to Preferred.

2. A change for 350k to 500k is the difference between being able to buy unlocks on the GTN or being forced to buy them for CC (on my server anyways most things are over 350k). Getting the cash moving in the server economy is not all bad long term.

I personally would like to see it on the lowest level, however, preferred is a decent idea as well. But SWTOR should cash in on their decision to make these unlocks sellable. I think it was a bold choice, and odd from EA and BW. The more BW wins, the more we win.

Unlike most, I don't see this as the F2P and the Subscriber. I think people need to see this as a big picture idea and not get involved so much in the "they don't deserve" this or that. imho.

This is exactly the point of the credit cap. It means they either 1) need friend/family with a sub to gift an item to them or 2) buy CC/sub

If they had unlimited credit wallets it would in theory mean F2P people could buy all unlocks with credits on the GTN (and theoretically every Cartel Market item as long as someone is willing to sell it on the GTN) which is counter productive to the F2P model. There's a difference between removing an illogical restriction and removing a restriction that could sabotage the Cartel Market's ability to earn sufficient money on items/unlocks. I think overall the ability to sell items on the GTN is primarily for the benefit of subs so they only have to buy CC if they really want to.

This being said a credit cap unlock (say increments of 250K with a cap of 1-1.5 million) wouldn't be a bad idea since it would likely sell enough to offset any increased GTN buying power.

How exactly is it counter productive? People still need to buy these packs with money, either by subbing and getting a stipend, which isn't a lot, or by buying them. I think what you would lose in the stipend/subscriber portion would be nothing compared to the increase of player base and supply from people who would rather buy packs and sell them on the GTN rather than grind.

How exactly is it counter productive? People still need to buy these packs with money, either by subbing and getting a stipend, which isn't a lot, or by buying them. I think what you would lose in the stipend/subscriber portion would be nothing compared to the increase of player base and supply from people who would rather buy packs and sell them on the GTN rather than grind.

I was specifically referring to removing the credit cap outright which was one of the OP's proposals. My apologies for not being clear on that point. I agree an unlock (provided it only raises the cap, not remove it outright) wouldn't be counter productive since somewhere along the line someone had to buy the unlock with CC. It would still need to be balanced carefully since I think the devs intention with selling Cartel items on the GTN was primarily for the benefit of subs, not non-subs.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar