Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi

All I am going to say is this.

If you are moaning about ppl quitting, then improve your game. Its that simple. Its funny how the majority here just spout out a load of rubbish regarding quitters, without a thought why they quit.

I have and always will quit when I encounter an idiot in pvp as I do not wish to play with ppl who can't call inc, watch a door, or allow a door to be capped behind them inside 8 seconds as it happened yesterday.

That and those clueless ones coming in PvE gear are the reasons why ppl quit. Don't like it? Learn to play. Its that simple

i dont believe that for a second,ive been in groups where i was the most highest in HP and i was a smuggler,and as soon as the other team scores one point in huttball the quitter types leave,i mean the match just started and they bail and i cant count how many times that one score was it,and we walked away with the win,it would be very comical if these quitters had updates weekly on how many matches they left that ended up being W's.

Edited by Sathid

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont believe that for a second,ive been in groups where i was the most highest in HP and i was a smuggler,and as soon as the other team scores one point in huttball the quitter types leave,i mean the match just started and they bail and i cant count how many times that one score was it,and we walked away with the win,it would be very comical if these quitters had updates weekly on how many matches they left that ended up being W's.

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. BW could implement a statistic on how many times someone leaves a WZ. It could be called a "disconnection average." Say someone disconnects for legitimate reasons (rl, power cut etc) it would be recorded, not good but fair enough. However, they would be on average with everyone else who disconnects for reasons outside their control, so this would mitigate any kind of penalty.

However, the rage quitters will have a much higher disconnection average. This could affect ranked WZ's or any other type of grouping.

For example: (using VERY basic figures here)

100 matches:

player 1: disconnects 4 times. 3 times for bad connection, once because of a business phone call.

Disconnection average (now referred to as DA): 4%

Player 2: Disconnects 3 times, all due to business calls or kids wanting attention.

DA: 3%

player 3: Disconnects 13 times. 3 for business calls, one for bad connection and 9 for rage quitting.

DA: 13%

However, the reason for DA will not be stated (the system wouldn't know, of course.) But, it will greatly alter the matching for RWZ while keeping the average player in a safety net, keeping them from punishment.

I always take a 5min break between wz's so I don't end up teaming with same ppl in next one if I feel they arent very good or i take on uber premades i dont want to go up against again.

Anyone leaving a WZ for any reason other than a family emergency shows a distinct lack of character. You cant win all the time nor can you always choose your teamates just like in real life (good or bad) whether its sports, work, etc. I would suggest to those that make excuses for leaving to not play WZ at all or just be in a premade with guildies/friends. Many times these same ppl that leave WZ are the same ppl that say in chat everyone sucks but them and these same whiners are usually middle to bottom of list for dmg, healing etc.

Complaining that ppl arent taking the right gear in? Buy them gear or politely let them know they need pvp gear to be viable.

We do need severe penalties for leaving WZ. I would suggest a 15 min unable to que penalty that doubles each time until you actually complete a WZ.

Personally I dont an issue with premades. People should be able to play with ther friends or guildies.

Edited by krayzjoel

There are several threads relating to PuGs vs Pre-mades - this thread is about quitters.

Just as point of misundertsanding - PuGs are not saying pre-mades should be prevented. Only that they should should be queued separately from soloists. Whatever your view pro or con please try to undertsnad the issue you are posting on.

Meanwhile go to threads on that subject, and comment on quitters here.

Has anyone noticed how there are a ton of these Quitter Threads on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and afk threads later in the week?

People just want to get their weekly done. Especially if you have multiple toons or limited playtime. 1200 warzone comms is simply too good to chance not getting every week. So people quit a lot, especially at the beginning of the weekly reset cycle.

I just want to point out that one great solution to OPs problem, particularly in that case, would have been to simply cap mid first. Oh, I forgot, on Prophecy of the 5 republic is never allowed to get 2 nodes or the ball first.

For me, its the manner of how a goal in huttball is scored early. There's two scenarios that frustrate me.

1) - Your team ignores the ball carrier

2) - Your team chase the ball carrier despite them having full resolve - ie lost cause.

With 2), if you chase the ball carrier, you have no one in the middle, thus meaning that they will 95% of the time, score again almost straight away, so in a blink you are 2 goals down.

As I said earlier, its about awareness and if people continue to play like spoons, then I will always end up leaving. I only play to win, however, if we have played really well and still lost, that is acceptable. But losing due to a players lack of awareness is not.

There are more than enough videos online and guides on this forum to educate. People keep moaning about the quitters but put the shoe on the other foot and see if from my point of view. No one here has come up with a valid reason why people should not quit when you are with a bad pool of players.

For me, its the manner of how a goal in huttball is scored early. There's two scenarios that frustrate me.

1) - Your team ignores the ball carrier

2) - Your team chase the ball carrier despite them having full resolve - ie lost cause.

With 2), if you chase the ball carrier, you have no one in the middle, thus meaning that they will 95% of the time, score again almost straight away, so in a blink you are 2 goals down.

As I said earlier, its about awareness and if people continue to play like spoons, then I will always end up leaving. I only play to win, however, if we have played really well and still lost, that is acceptable. But losing due to a players lack of awareness is not.

There are more than enough videos online and guides on this forum to educate. People keep moaning about the quitters but put the shoe on the other foot and see if from my point of view. No one here has come up with a valid reason why people should not quit when you are with a bad pool of players.

Oh i see your point of view,sorry if i came across like i didmt,but i just detest quitters and if you quit rightly or wrongly your making yourself open to be called one of them that just quit WZ's to find THAT TEAM or a win in progress.

I was in a 10-49 Hutball last week with my GS,the whole team was doing that Deathmatch baloney,i got the ball at mid three times with noone,zero around,i look over to the right of the ramp on our side and here they come in apack,meanwhile i have 20% health left while three imps clobber me,,yah,i i said a few words that i never ever do in a WZ and left,,i mean that happened three times with me,with the ball at center and we had two sents and a vanguard from what i recall,yah just sad.

Edited by Sathid

Has anyone noticed how there are a ton of these Quitter Threads on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and afk threads later in the week?

People just want to get their weekly done. Especially if you have multiple toons or limited playtime. 1200 warzone comms is simply too good to chance not getting every week. So people quit a lot, especially at the beginning of the weekly reset cycle.

I just want to point out that one great solution to OPs problem, particularly in that case, would have been to simply cap mid first. Oh, I forgot, on Prophecy of the 5 republic is never allowed to get 2 nodes or the ball first.

If you scope for comms there is no need to waste your time. For all "quiter punishements": Maybe go and stay at turret.

I won't stay at match:

- When people have <800 Exp.

- When have pve gear .

- When no use chat.

- When no calls.

- When opps are premade (and we are not).

- When evidently underpowered and Smashed

If you scope for comms there is no need to waste your time. For all "quiter punishements": Maybe go and stay at turret.

I won't stay at match:

- When have pve gear .

- When no use chat.

- When no calls.

Would you like some bubblewrap to cover your delicate self in?

No I would like you to play more wisely, in order not to blow the team with inadequacy

Actually, I play just fine, thank you. As for "playing wisely" your last two points really do not highlight that at all. In fact, the last two points you made:

suggests that you want a face roll match or you bail. I think the issue with quitters is closer to their keyboard than they think.

For example:

When no use chat.

Nothing stopping you from doing this too.

Also,

- When people have <800 Exp

You had to cross that bridge yourself at one point. Don't be so arrogant.

Edited by chimex

Actually, I play just fine, thank you. As for "playing wisely" your last two points really do not highlight that at all. In fact, the last two points you made:

suggests that you want a face roll match or you bail. I think the issue with quitters is closer to their keyboard than they think.

If you want to stay and Smashed (capital) is your problem. If you want to be the target when the <800 Exp pugs are blown away again is your problem.

I won't stay at match:

- When have pve gear .

- When no use chat.

- When no calls.

PPl need to stop posting this garbage. There is no excuse(s) to leave a WZ except d'cd/family issues. You are not going to get favorable circumstances all the time. Show some character and gut the WZ out. All of the above can be remedied by simply reminding people politely what needs to be done to win, some people will respond some wont.

Sometimes the teams will surprise you. Ive been on a team full of low lvls that won.

so basically you dont want me to gorup up with people that i know that can play...take my chances with randoms when 90% of them are clueless..and NOT be able to leave"?right....i pay as much as you, my time is as valuable as yours..

Yeah, a simple translation for both would be if someone started a thread like: "Dear Bioware, I don't want to play against people that are better than me, but if I have people that are better than me on my team, please don't let them leave."

People can't simultaneously argue for separating premades, and in the same breath blast people for quitting WZs. At least the people who are quitting are taking matters into their own hands. Instead of bragging about toughing out losing WZs, while asking Bioware to institute a system that makes sure they don't have to tough out losing WZs.

Embrace the quitting folks. You're going against a premade that stomps you into the ground, just quit. The first time they'll feel awesome that the WZ ended early, but after the fifth time they will get just as annoyed as you are. Better than creating separate queues and raising wait times for everyone.

Edited by criminalheretic

PPl need to stop posting this garbage. There is no excuse(s) to leave a WZ except d'cd/family issues. You are not going to get favorable circumstances all the time. Show some character and gut the WZ out. All of the above can be remedied by simply reminding people politely what needs to be done to win, some people will respond some wont.

Sometimes the teams will surprise you. Ive been on a team full of low lvls that won.

It is obviously a no chat situation :). 90% of the above situations end to loss (of time) I am afraid.

Edited by Aetideus

it would be very comical if these quitters had updates weekly on how many matches they left that ended up being W's.

It would also be comical when so few of the matches ended up being wins that the quitter's reasons for quitting were justified.

I quit a lot of wzs and I don't hide it. I quit pretty much every huttball match I enter within the first 10 seconds of the queue-in period because huttball in pugs without communication is incredibly frustrating. I quit when I see acts of amazing stupidity committed by my team: I'm not gonna waste my time trying to recover a node whose guard ran away when he saw 3 inc enemies; I'm not gonna waste my time catching up to a team in vs when they planted by winning a 6v2 while 6 members of my team were too busy failing to kill 2 enemies to respond to multiple inc calls; and I'm not gonna waste my time trying to shut down a healer when the rest of my team thinks the 22k hp jugg (who isn't even guarding the healer) is the best target to focus.

Imo the biggest benefit of quitting isn't the time I save, because I'm rewarded even for losses. The biggest benefit is breaking out of the queue cycle with the awful players that caused me to quit. A helpful hint to those who complain about quitters - if at the end of the match the person who quit still has more dmg/prot/healing/objectives/medals than most of the team, the problem lies with the people still in the wz, not the quitter.

Edited by Kurvv

Imo the biggest benefit of quitting isn't the time I save, because I'm rewarded even for losses. The biggest benefit is breaking out of the queue cycle with the awful players that caused me to quit. A helpful hint to those who complain about quitters - if at the end of the match the person who quit still has more dmg/prot/healing/objectives/medals than most of the team, the problem lies with the people still in the wz, not the quitter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my experience quitters have been mostly middle to bottom if the dmg/heal/protection lists. Ive also noticed the quitters getting 0 rewards.

Edited by krayzjoel

It is obviously a no chat situation :). 90% of the above situations end to loss (of time) I am afraid.

How do you know they are 90% if your quitting these teams since you dont stick around? Pulling numbers out of thin air doesnt absolve you of the fact you leave when people in the warzones need you or the possibility that you couldve been the reason a team wins.

Yeah, a simple translation for both would be if someone started a thread like: "Dear Bioware, I don't want to play against people that are better than me, but if I have people that are better than me on my team, please don't let them leave."

People can't simultaneously argue for separating premades, and in the same breath blast people for quitting WZs. At least the people who are quitting are taking matters into their own hands. Instead of bragging about toughing out losing WZs, while asking Bioware to institute a system that makes sure they don't have to tough out losing WZs.

Embrace the quitting folks. You're going against a premade that stomps you into the ground, just quit. The first time they'll feel awesome that the WZ ended early, but after the fifth time they will get just as annoyed as you are. Better than creating separate queues and raising wait times for everyone.

I agree in part with this. There needs to be cross server and better matchmaking but people should embrace quiting until it happens. I used to be strongly opposed to quiting, not anymore. Sometimes you just don't want to face the same premade for the 5th time in a row or stand on a turret for 10 minutes because the rest of your team quit. Whatever the reason just quit.

It wil send a message to those evil premades and not waste your time.

Edited by Kawiki

How do you know they are 90% if your quitting these teams since you dont stick around? Pulling numbers out of thin air doesnt absolve you of the fact you leave when people in the warzones need you or the possibility that you couldve been the reason a team wins.

Out of experience, if I you allow me of course. Unfortunately.

Edited by Aetideus

Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs!

[snip]

BW needs to fix this crap.

No, the community needs to fix that crap. BW can do very little aside from giving players a debuff, in which case they'll AFK or just run amok until the game ends. Players need to write down the names of the quitters and spread them across the server. That's what we did in EQ1 for PvE and it worked very well. If everyone uses a blacklist, eventually people will be afraid to be on one.

The bad part of blacklists, though, is people adding you just because they don't like you (but with no other justifiable reason).

So it's demoralizing to lose to a well oiled and organized Imperial/Republic premade? how in the hell is that unfair> it's called, "get into a guild, and form your own premade". It's called: learn to play as a team and communicate. PUGs fail because they don't have any real means of coordinating, and don't know each other's playstyles. Premades are not ruining warzones, but rather PUGs are becoming obsolete and irrelevant.

You are pretty much a minority in this argument by far

Yeah Bioware! Stop letting me enjoy the game with my friends! Communicating and having a good time with my guild mates is making other people feel bad! This shouldn't be allowed! Force me to play alone like other people just because they don't like it how I play with people! [/sarcasm]