Everyone gets a ship!

DarthWoad

The devs did a terrible job with the ships and space missions. Space missions are on rails. Now that's out the way.

The story has no impact on your character end game. That's one of the things that disappointed me with this game. Everyone's running around Darth this Darth that Lord Darth Darth Darth Darth. I thought it meant something to be a Darth. Before the game was out people were excited about getting a the Darth title, but it turns out every sith gets it at the end of their class quest. Why couldn't they have made us earn it? You know put proper commitment into it.

Which brings me to my point, why does everyone get the same ship of the same class? I have credits, I have experience, I want to buy a bigger ship. I want to buy a ship for my guild, so guild mates can select to board their own ship or the guild ship (their ship would be docked on the guild ship)

There would be phases for each class, a small room where your companions are standing and where your cargo bay is. The guild ship would also take you to places that can only be accessible by using the guild ship (maybe something to do with the sssp).

There just seems to be no variety or uniqueness anymore.

I don't know why I am replying because the answer to your questions is simple. As far as the Darth title you do earn it. What else is it you need to do other than reach the pinnacle you do by ending the story? The other questions you have can be summed up by saying it's an mmo. Not everything can be custom tailored to everyone's wants and needs. The devs make a game and there is only so much they can put into it. I am sure they have thought of some of the questions you have butt hey can't implement everything all at once. Though it would be nice to see content come a bit more frequently.

I don't know why I am replying because the answer to your questions is simple. As far as the Darth title you do earn it. What else is it you need to do other than reach the pinnacle you do by ending the story? The other questions you have can be summed up by saying it's an mmo. Not everything can be custom tailored to everyone's wants and needs. The devs make a game and there is only so much they can put into it. I am sure they have thought of some of the questions you have butt hey can't implement everything all at once. Though it would be nice to see content come a bit more frequently.

Well the Darth title is pretty easy to acquire, anyone can finish their class story. When you kill the terror from beyond you get a nice title, now that requires effort and experience ( getting the best armour )

Everyone's running around Darth this Darth that Lord Darth Darth Darth Darth. I thought it meant something to be a Darth. Before the game was out people were excited about getting a the Darth title, but it turns out every sith gets it at the end of their class quest. Why couldn't they have made us earn it? You know put proper commitment into it.
I think 200 hours give or take is pretty serious commitment. By the time you're level 50, you've more than earned the title. What do you want, people to spend half their life just to get a basic title that everybody who's seen the movies wants to have?

I'm all game for some elite titles for the people who spend a million hours, but Darth is such an iconic title it needs to be accessible for the casual player. Everybody wants to be a Darth, and if you don't please your audience you're dead as an MMO.

Edited by Samy_Merchi

I think 200 hours give or take is pretty serious commitment. By the time you're level 50, you've more than earned the title. What do you want, people to spend half their life just to get a basic title that everybody who's seen the movies wants to have?.

He probably wants to make the title a rare drop that only the GM of a serious raiding guild gets first dibs on.

That would make it earned you see :rolleyes:

TEveryone's running around Darth this Darth that Lord Darth Darth Darth Darth. I thought it meant something to be a Darth.

So every Sith Lord for the Empire gets the Darth title. So what? It's no different than every Jedi for the Republic getting the Master title.

I think 200 hours give or take is pretty serious commitment. By the time you're level 50, you've more than earned the title. What do you want, people to spend half their life just to get a basic title that everybody who's seen the movies wants to have?

I'm all game for some elite titles for the people who spend a million hours, but Darth is such an iconic title it needs to be accessible for the casual player. Everybody wants to be a Darth, and if you don't please your audience you're dead as an MMO.

More or less around 100 hours by the way, with a lot of standing around. But I see your point. Elite war hero title takes commitment and also a mindless brain, if you enjoy grinding the same 4 warzones hundreds of times

He probably wants to make the title a rare drop that only the GM of a serious raiding guild gets first dibs on.

That would make it earned you see :rolleyes:

That gives me another idea. Maybe each guild master that has over 200 players gets a title or something

Which brings me to my point, why does everyone get the same ship of the same class? I have credits, I have experience, I want to buy a bigger ship. I want to buy a ship for my guild, so guild mates can select to board their own ship or the guild ship (their ship would be docked on the guild ship).

So wait a minute. The guild ship would be docked on it's own ship in the shipyard at the space fleet where ships come to gather and be all shiplike? What makes you think that the guild ship wouldn't be the same ship for every guild just like the class ships are the same? I like my ships, I like the way my ships look, I like the way my ships shoot and I like the way that I get a ship at level 15 after the second hub planet. Don't take away my ships. Ships are wondful. Even if I first read the title of this thread and thought "It's Oprah with ships".

With that out of the way, has anyone noticed that the more you say "ship" the less it sounds like a word? Ship. Ship. Ship ship ship ship. Ship. It's not even spelt like a word. Ship.

So wait a minute. The guild ship would be docked on it's own ship in the shipyard at the space fleet where ships come to gather and be all shiplike? What makes you think that the guild ship wouldn't be the same ship for every guild just like the class ships are the same? I like my ships, I like the way my ships look, I like the way my ships shoot and I like the way that I get a ship at level 15 after the second hub planet. Don't take away my ships. Ships are wondful. Even if I first read the title of this thread and thought "It's Oprah with ships".

With that out of the way, has anyone noticed that the more you say "ship" the less it sounds like a word? Ship. Ship. Ship ship ship ship. Ship. It's not even spelt like a word. Ship.

Because there should be a variety of ships in the ship shop that guilds can buy and use as a guild ship but their own ships can dock on the guild ships ships ships and ship

Edited by DarthWoad

OMG you're right :eek: now I see it too :(

ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship starting to just be a kind of noise ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship ship

Edited by lollie

Everyone runnng round as leader of havoc squad and darth´s and jedi masters. That´s the negative side of a heavily class-storyoriented mmo. Now if the story had been faction oriented and not 100% evolving around your class maybe it would be different. It´s like all of us are special snowflakes. It´s not working. Not if you want to roleplay just a bit. Roleplayers have to factor out the class story when roleplaying, and then the rest of the story starts getting a bit weak.

The best mmo´s are the ones where you can identify with your avatar in some small way. It´s just not that easy when there´s so many copies and their companons are exact clones of my companon.

I´m all for moving away from class oriented story. Were not all heroes. Even when i try to be a selfish scumbag on my scoundrell, npc´s talks to me like i´m some republic hero. I dont want to be the hero. I just want to blend in. How can i be a good smuggler if i´m know to all republic and impire as a warhero.

In wow i felt unique. I know it´s just an ilusion but i did. I leveled in slightly different ways on most alts. In swtor i feel like a copy. I get told where to go level every step of the way. In wow someone cold ask in general where to go level as lv.40 and 3-4 places would be suggested. In swtor noone asks that. Classquests tell you where to go.

the group game and FP game is at least equall to wow, but imo the sologame was better in wow. Maybe not if you wanted to play solo only and ignore other players in the game, but from a mmo perspective then wow singleplayer beats swtor singleplayer.

In all seriousness, they do make it pretty plain as to why you get the same ship (there it is again) depending on your class. The Jedi and Sith order are using the Defender and Fury class ships, respectively, because that's just their uniform code. The Jedi Order of the movies were all using Delta-class ships, whether it was the Aethersprite or the Delta 12 multi-passenger craft, that was the trade mark of the Jedi Order.

In the same way, it would make sense that a Trooper would use the same ship since they are part of the military and the military only hands out standard issue craft to all their soldiers. Special Forces get special ships, and since all the Troopers are spec-ops they get their spec-ops craft. Same thing with the Agent, especially since as an Agent you'll need a rather advanced craft for your cover, so they give out the X-70B Phantom. All Agents would have similar craft since they are all operating under a similar, if not same, guise.

The only ships that really should be changeable are the Bounty Hunter/Smuggler ones. Though I can understand using the Smuggler ship since their trying to keep the Han Solo feel intact, but not all Smugglers use the same vehicle. This is also true of Bounty Hunters. Really, only those two classes shouldn't have the same ship type across the board, but hey, I'm happy I get to fly.

Everyone runnng round as leader of havoc squad and darth´s and jedi masters. That´s the negative side of a heavily class-storyoriented mmo. Now if the story had been faction oriented and not 100% evolving around your class maybe it would be different. It´s like all of us are special snowflakes. It´s not working. Not if you want to roleplay just a bit. Roleplayers have to factor out the class story when roleplaying, and then the rest of the story starts getting a bit weak.

It seems like SWTOR makes the class storyline missions just a little tooo epic. I dont want to be the top BH in the galaxy, i just want to be a BH that takes out his target. I dont want to be the guy that kills the leader of the other sides faction, i just want to be another foot soldier. I dont want my storyline to end with me on the Dark Council, i just want to do my service to the Emperor.

It seems like SWTOR makes the class storyline missions just a little tooo epic. I dont want to be the top BH in the galaxy, i just want to be a BH that takes out his target. I dont want to be the guy that kills the leader of the other sides faction, i just want to be another foot soldier. I dont want my storyline to end with me on the Dark Council, i just want to do my service to the Emperor.

That sounds like a really boring game. I have enough mundane stuff in real life. Why would I want to play a game where I play as a boring ordinary soldier. That would only work if the story had way more emphasis was a much tighter more character driven story.

Yeah, when the classes were first announced and it showed the ship each classes get I had the impression that was the ship they would -start- with. Sure showed me.

The problem is it would require EAware to put in effort and creativity. So good luck with that.

^^ lol, I like the cut of your jib sir

Of those that care at all, probably the majority DO want their story to be epic. You can't have a custom story for every player. If you are really interested in roleplaying your own character then NO fixed pre-written story could possibly satisfy everyone. So you are complaining here about something that can't really be addressed by any game, let alone this one. At least if you want to tell a story at all, that is. Only by NOT telling a story can you avoid clashing with people's own desires for their character's direction.

If i remember right. Didn't they say prior to release that not everyone would have the Darth title? and that it depends on what you did throughout the story?

Obviously this changed at some point but not sure if before or after release