I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

pifias

Didn't you get a statue and a few other collectible items? What more do you want for an extra $90?

Greed, it's out of control...

The value of the statue and anything inside the box was nil since you can buy it for 30 bucks. I actually did buy it, in part, for the statue. It is piss poor quality. If it was good quality then I would be happy but its not. No better then a typical 10 dollar action figure.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The value of the statue and anything inside the box was nil since you can buy it for 30 bucks. I actually did buy it, in part, for the statue. It is piss poor quality. If it was good quality then I would be happy but its not. No better then a typical 10 dollar action figure.

I would have to disagree with the observation of the statue construction. Gentle Giant has never been known to make products that were poorly done. Of course, there is always a first time but I think it is up there in standards with everything else they make. $30 price someone is able to buy it at is due to the amount made which is the worst part of the statue itself. It should have been far more limited and kept to the standards that GG has with their products. It will go up over time like their other products. Will it fetch top dollar like Snow Bunny Padame? I highly doubt it will even see half that value. But it will still increase.

Just my opinion as you shared yours. :)

CE owners did get something tangible. That was not only the non-digital authentication device but also the nice Gentle Giant Statue of Darth Malgus of which the value of real life money goes up on it over time. Then of course there are the other tangible items that came with it.

I did not feel ripped off at all. A matter of fact, CE owners realistically paid less then regular game owners did. The statue alone holds the value of every dollar we paid up front.

* I will agree that they should update the CE vendor's items. They stated they would be doing this anyway.

The statue is poor quality and worth nothing. No the value is not going up. If anything it went down as soon as the CE were being sold for 30 bucks.

I would have to disagree with the observation of the statue construction. Gentle Giant has never been known to make products that were poorly done. Of course, there is always a first time but I think it is up there in standards with everything else they make. $30 price someone is able to buy it at is due to the amount made which is the worst part of the statue itself. It should have been far more limited and kept to the standards that GG has with their products. It will go up over time like their other products. Will it fetch top dollar like Snow Bunny Padame? I highly doubt it will even see half that value. But it will still increase.

Just my opinion as you shared yours. :)

I could personally care less what its worth. I didnt buy it because I want to sell it some day. I bought it because I collect stuff like that. Believe me, I dont care what the name brand is, its low end poor quality. Go take a look at a real figure by them and take a close look at the one in the box. There is no comparison. Thats why the real ones sell for 300 to 1500 bucks. This thing is a 10 dollar piece of crap. If it wasnt the box wouldnt sell for 30 bucks, no matter how you cut it. Either way, its crap.

For the record, I respect your opinion but if this was your answer then you obviously havent seen one up close or held one.

Edited by Soluss

I could personally care less what its worth. I didnt buy it because I want to sell it some day. I bought it because I collect stuff like that. Believe me, I dont care what the name brand is, its low end poor quality. Go take a look at a real figure by them and take a close look at the one in the box. There is no comparison. Thats why the real ones sell for 300 to 1500 bucks. This thing is a 10 dollar piece of crap. If it wasnt the box wouldnt sell for 30 bucks, no matter how you cut it. Either way, its crap.

For the record, I respect your opinion but if this was your answer then you obviously havent seen one up close or held one.

I have this one as well as several others by Gentle Giant. My mistake in my response was thinking that this statue was of an edition size. It does not have any kind of edition size to it at all. Unlike, as example, the Shay Vizla (sp?) of which has a limited edition run of 900 units. Since, I went to one of my several cabinets with their products as well as other higher end collectibles related to SW, I also did a fast comparison of the DM statue and the others. You are correct as well regarding the comparison to the other products they have done in the past. I will say over all quality does look a bit rushed when compared. With that said, I am also finding new statues being listed for 45-50 while the opened ones are still being listed for 30.

Side note, I just held mine in my hands while turning it over to verify an edition size as I could not recall the amount that were produced. As stated just above, I stand corrected on that.

I have this one as well as several others by Gentle Giant. My mistake in my response was thinking that this statue was of an edition size. It does not have any kind of edition size to it at all. Unlike, as example, the Shay Vizla (sp?) of which has a limited edition run of 900 units. Since, I went to one of my several cabinets with their products as well as other higher end collectibles related to SW, I also did a fast comparison of the DM statue and the others. You are correct as well regarding the comparison to the other products they have done in the past. I will say over all quality does look a bit rushed when compared. With that said, I am also finding new statues being listed for 45-50 while the opened ones are still being listed for 30.

Side note, I just held mine in my hands while turning it over to verify an edition size as I could not recall the amount that were produced. As stated just above, I stand corrected on that.

Dont get me wrong. I didnt expect the full quality. That would be insane for that price. I did expect a bit better. It has decent weight to it but the paint job is terrible.

Dont get me wrong. I didnt expect the full quality. That would be insane for that price. I did expect a bit better. It has decent weight to it but the paint job is terrible.

Funny you mentioned the paint job directly. I was just staring at his head. That was the biggest thing that was standing out to me when I was looking at the animaquettes next to him or even Shay. Ok, you are swaying me on the lack of effort put into it. haha I will say, one of my favorites in my collection is still the Biker Scout on the Speeder Bike. Clone Wars Obi standing over the droid is also a good one.

Im no expert but from what Im hearing the statue isnt an actual collectors item..

So I spend 150 euro (thats $200~) on a cool looking box, a soundtrack that doesnt even include the whole soundtrack, an art/history book (this one is cool I admit), a tin box, a low quality statue and and ingame vendor that has never been updated.

What was portrayed and promised was something different. I was promised an everchanging CE vendor with CE exclusive content, a collectible statue (this is debatable), THE soundtrack (half of them were released separately for free to download. Yes free but I actually own a cd player and use it)

Now all we have exclusive for the CE buyers is 1 set of ugly armor, never seen anyone in it. A few customizations for a select few companions. A mouse droid. I think there was a speeder too but it wouldnt surprise me if they took it out.

Yet again, Ive paid a whole lot more than some because I wanted those things.

Wait, they have released the STAP, the flare gun, the holo dancer, the camera and the black/yellow crystal on the cartel shop?

This is shocking news indeed!

oh... they havent?

oh, you mean that because people can buy stuff that is similar, they have somehow jibbed you out of the stuff you got for buying the CE pack?

well... thats just kinda selfish and egotistical isnt it?

Not the black/yellow crystal, since that was specifically a pre-order bonus, but the rest are up for purchase:

http://i.imgur.com/OfRRl.jpg

Im no expert but from what Im hearing the statue isnt an actual collectors item..

So I spend 150 euro (thats $200~) on a cool looking box, a soundtrack that doesnt even include the whole soundtrack, an art/history book (this one is cool I admit), a tin box, a low quality statue and and ingame vendor that has never been updated.

What was portrayed and promised was something different. I was promised an everchanging CE vendor with CE exclusive content, a collectible statue (this is debatable), THE soundtrack (half of them were released separately for free to download. Yes free but I actually own a cd player and use it)

Now all we have exclusive for the CE buyers is 1 set of ugly armor, never seen anyone in it. A few customizations for a select few companions. A mouse droid. I think there was a speeder too but it wouldnt surprise me if they took it out.

Yet again, Ive paid a whole lot more than some because I wanted those things.

I'm just quoting you so more people will read it. You pretty much nailed what pains all the dissatisfied CE owners although I have to disagree on the imperial trooper armor set. It's super cool but still not enough.

I am really surprised by the amount of people who are okay with being treated like that after buying a CE worth 200$(that's like half of the minimum wage in my country, y'know?). We did -NOT- get what we paid for. No matter how badly you want to justify it, the statue is lacking in paint job quality(although I still like it a lot), the soundtrack lacks some pieces, the vendor got NEVER updated and the virtual stuff that we got is now worth $5?

Let me get this straight - $195 for a pretty box, tin DVD container, the statue, incomplete soundtrack and journal(oh, the joy, mine even came with the golden paint misprinted/chipped off at some places but I didn't have the heart to return it)? And now that is being sold almost seven times cheaper? Of course, we got a $9 refund with the 1000 cartel coins, but still, seriously?

I do not demand special treatment for buying the CE because I am a snob and elitist bastard that wants to be treated better than others. I demand better treatment as a customer who paid more than he should for what he got. I do not regret buying the CE, don't get me wrong. I am happy that I supported BW and I still want to do it, but it'd be very nice of them to give us, the CE pre-order buyers two things:

1 - stuff we paid for, the updating CE shop, even if it is just going to be cartel shiz for credits.

2 - better treatment in general. We paid earlier and more for their product. Last time I had an issue big enough to write a ticket, I waited SIX DAYS to receive a reply.

Right now it feels like "Hey, thanks for buying the CE for that high price. We kinda promised more, but hey, enjoy what you got and step back into the line.", really.

And I guess that my post will still be ignored or waved dismissively upon by those, who will see me in same categories like the original poster.

The value of the statue and anything inside the box was nil since you can buy it for 30 bucks.

When SWTOR hate makes you say things like this, it's time to move on to something you enjoy....

Nil = / = $30

Edited by Surakis

Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for. I don't feel the need to be elitist over the other players in the game. Apparently my entitlement is lacking, or I just have a better perspective on the things that matter.

Nothing about purchasing the CE makes any of us very important. I honestly feel the worse thing the devs did was to name that stupid part of the fleet the VIP lounge. So many inflated egos and elitist bs has arisen from something that was supposed to be a fun and temporary distraction.

Right. Because people who aren't elitist and egotistical always make sure to tell everyone they are an "officer" in a video game guild in their sig. lol

My favourite item(s) from SWG were the collector edition goggles they gave you for having the CE. I bought the CE specifically for the the CE vendor, not the real tangible items that were contained in the box. It sucks they haven't updated it , but, we now have a nice little banner to show our status.

Right. Because people who aren't elitist and egotistical always make sure to tell everyone they are an "officer" in a video game guild in their sig. lol

I have that I'm an officer because people get in touch with me about joining the guild quite frequently, ego has nothing to do with it.

"We were promised exclusive ingame items and a CE shop. We dont have exclusive items nor anything worthwhile in the shop

There are exclusive items in the shop, the fact that you don't feel them as 'worthwhile' doesn't change that. I recently bought the CE because I felt it was worth it for the Imperial Trooper set. Granted I felt it was worth it at current prices, not the original listing prices.

That being said I'm still hopeful that they will someday add more items here, but I'm also not holding my breath.

I think the key thing here is that with only 2 in-game CE exclusive items (the CE Flare Gun and the CE MiniMech Mouse Droid) they had no cause to go giving one of them away.... That is the kick in the pants for me.

The flare gun was never a CE exclusive, it always came with the DDE. The only things exclusive to the CE were the mouse droid and the CE vendor.

Didn't you get a statue and a few other collectible items? What more do you want for an extra $90?

Greed, it's out of control...

I dunno given the amount extra some people paid I'm not sure "greed" is the right word, at least no aimed at the buyers anyway.

However I'd be reasonably happy if I just had my CE banners I was supposed to get with F2P, but can apparently only get by making a new character (which inexplicably isn't bound and then can be sent to anyone :eek::confused:).