Anybody else not gonna subscribe to the game if the queue problem isn't fixed?

NaturaldisasterP

my server had queue for like 25 min. but my real life freind wanted me to join his server on tomb of something and that was a long waiting time so i deceded until this is fix i will play on a light server and enjoy the game to the fullest.

i have no problem re rolling but some people are very lazy to do it.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have characters on three servers - one was a recently launched PvP server with a light pop when I joined it.

All three are now full & have queues. It kinda sucks. I can understand that it's a launch problem and whatnot, but before you tell people "Just reroll", keep in mind some of us have. Twice. Or more. The new servers fill up aswell, and I can only do the starting zone so many times (5 and counting) before boredom sets in!

I logged on at 8:30am and straight into a queue. (while writing this I got error code and back to the end).

Now I can understand it being launch day and more people playing, but seriously, don't allow access to already fully populated servers to new players. They will see the servers being light when they start and not realise the server is full and will have to queue later. now they have gotten to 10+ and do not want to re roll on another server, as time has been invested on that character.

Rerolling is not a bloody option, I'm sorry. I paid for a game, started playing game from ega day 1, on a light server, I do not believe I should have to start again because of Biowares mistakes, they should be contacting their customers and doing what they want. Yes many people will play regardless, and yes servers will get lighter when people leave, I do not want to leave but I will not pay to sit in a queue, give me a transfer to another server or increase the population caps.

Been waiting for this game since the rumours, it will be sad to see it fail.

Listen Bioware, I don't mind being in a queue, BUT I do mind, login in, and every other server, but two pvp ones on heavy, are on LIGHT and me on my server with a 10 minute queue. No, seriously, no, this won't do. You said you wanna balance it? Well, then, bloody well balance it, cause I call this imbalanced. I seriously don't see why I have to be on a bloody queue when every other server is on light traffic. Close the server and move newcomers to one of the light ones, seriously. This is getting annoying.

Stop no-sense QQ.

It's first official day of this MMO, every MMO in the universe history first day got queue.

Oh, my... Last week the apologist's excuse was "you're not even paying". After 5 days of 2000-people queues on some servers the excuse is "it's only day one". On December 25 it will be, "Christmas Day is of course going to be busy"...

So some people who pre-ordered are looking at 2-3 weeks of horrible queues (4+ *hours*), on the servers BioWare placed them and their guild on. Worst for EU RP, where there is only 1 PvP and 2 PvE servers, both with long queues.

BioWare says it's for planning purposes so that when many people quit after the first month, there will still be enough people on each server to form a full group. At this rate of customer dissatisfaction, they should start merging servers now.

I love the game and think BW did a great job. queues are expected during the initial release of a MMO. HOWEVER, we expect these queues to die down over the next few days especially as BW made such a deal about controlling the release and subscribers to the game to ensure a stable launch.

I have patience but its limited.

This. I couldn't agree more.

I'm even thinking about waiting with registration of my full box copy until queue problem if fixed.

I have waited for this game so long, I could wait a bit more.

No, some people are NOT too lazy. I already rerolled from my first Server to a light server during early access, giving up 2 days of play to avoid the queues.

Now my new server has a queue - and yes, the number of minutes is nonsense as I've waited 20 minutes and only moved from position 135 to 105.

Try not being so LAZY and bothering to read the posts to learn a few more facts before posting.

It's lazy thinkers like you that are a drag on the rest of us.

I think it's simple.. If your rolling a toon today on launch day, don't choose a sever that has a queue!

Choose one of the severs with no queue at all, and you can play right away.

Edited by Yorcie

you know what sucks more than ques.. is being part of the rest of the world.

appariately there is no out side of the US and EU..

those of us in who 'live up side down and have funny accents' have to either buy from some where in the US that ships over seas or wait for maybe 6 or more months to be included. certainly couldnt get digital copies without a US address.

why should we contend with that and que times...

free transfers FTW.

Well since I'm sitting in a damn queue I might as well vent a little too.

As previous people have said re-rolling is not always an option after you've already put a lot of work into your character and also already moved to a light population server, to now find that your server is overpopulated and there are at least 7 light populated servers below it. Locking a server would mean that people couldn't get on to play with their friends, a better fix would be to allow players with existing characters priority to the server, it wouldn't be ideal but it would certainly keep the existing player base happy and make the new players consider rolling to one of those light servers.

Edited by _Aganatised

Re-Rolling on other servers is not an option to many of those who came to Tor in a Guild and have been assigned to a full server by BioWare.

Our guild from SWG came across, pre launch had 140 members and in total expect about 200 of ex SWG members to join us here. Howver, the majority ive spoken to so far, like myself, wont subscribe if these ques still exsist after the "free" 30 days subscription as many have limited game time due to work/families etc.

Game itself if brilliant but simply no point in paying to play if we cannot play when we want to. Already que times you may as well times by 6 what it says and that was early access. I just hope they sort thier act out before the free 30 days comes to an end or they will lose alot of subscriptions, which ironicly may improve que times for others

QFE

seriously. close the full servers and put newcomers on others, unless someone is in a guild already.

I remember the World of Warcraft launch. 3-4 hour server queues, unstable servers (I mean, I got out of the kobold killing area with my paladin after 3 hours and then started crashing repeatedly before even reaching Goldshire) and horrible lag all-around.

I remember the Everquest 2 launch, too, by the way. Yeah, not pretty. SOE is the worst company to ever touch an MMO and they should have a permanent collective restraining order filed against them by the MMO community.

I remember the Vanguard launch ... Yeah.

I remember the Age of Conan launch. We don't talk about it. Ever.

I remember the Warhammer launch. 3-4 hour server queues, crashing login servers, crashing servers, crashing clients, crashing community...

I remember the Rift launch. 5-6 hour queues, at the very least. The servers were stable, though.

I remember the AiON launch. 11-12 hour queues and people putting up their AFK shops to stop themselves going offline, so the queues never really moved at all. If you put yourself into a queue when you woke up in the morning, you'd just about get in when you got back from work and had dinner. Though, queueing 11-12 hours to grind like it was 1995 got old real fast.

Anyone notice a pattern here?

That being said 300+ people queues at 10am CEST is worrying. Unless the server caps are increased substantially, I predict a fecal storm of epic proportions hitting the windmill tonight, as the me-ists and the entitlement-crowd hit the game.

Am I gonna subscribe anyway? Yep. I'm riding it out.

I think it's simple.. If your rolling a toon today on launch day, don't choose a sever that has a queue!

Unless you were in early access and already have a character you're trying to log back onto.

Yes, it is simple - don't let new players join full servers.

Seriously. I have been in a queue for 45 minutes, at 8:00am on a tuesday. Ok, the game is new, but honestly it isn't acceptable for a p2p.
Would rather queue than crash! This is week one of a highly anticipated and well subscribed game. Queues will equalise, I guarentee it. In the meantime, role a toon an a less populated server and wait it out. That's what I did; gave me the chance to try different classes and learn some of the pitfalls so that I don't make those mistakes on the toon I want to play for the next few years.

I don't mind a cue if its under 35 minutes. I normally have 2-3 hours and for a bit of that i might as well listen to some music, read something or watch a bit of TV or a movie.

The problem i have is i am a grand fan of RP-PVP servers, i love the atmosphere while still being able to enjoy some combat. It makes RP more real as well, not being able to stroll right past a bloodthirsty Sith lord and his lackey's. But right now there is only a single RPVP-English server, my German and french are non assistant, and i find it a gigantic shortcoming on EA/BIO's behalf. If the cue time on the server gets higher, or no other RP-PVP servers will be added, i will considered postponing my subscription till either has been resolved.

Im used to 20 mins queue at primetime, now im afraid lots of newcomers have f*cked that up by logging in there in the morning not realizing theres folkes already playing there but for some darn reason work for a living. :mad:

Saying "Re roll on another server" is pretty flunky aswell since alot of ppl are way beyond lvl 20-30 and i know i sure as hell would want to start all over again and scratch my lvl 34 BH.
Exactly. My guild was PRE-ASSIGNED to that server by Bioware. I luckily got exactly the character name I wanted. No way I'm going to reroll.

The game is mega great Bioware, but you miserably failed on setting up new servers at the right time!

You tell us you are constantly watching the population, and then you do nothing when servers go from low pop to high pop just in a few hours!

Even when every single european server was atleast at High, you did absolutely nothing!

It is ridiculous how bad you did that!