Anyone regret buying cartel coins?

DarthWoad

If that is so, enjoy trying to figure out how to continue playing the game (the one you paid for) once service is discontinued. Good luck by the way; the SWG Emu team has been trying since 2005 and they still have a long ways to go.

Regardless, yes I enjoy the fluff that I purchased with the Cartel Coins.

Yeah EMU will never get anywhere. 7 years and still in beta. Glad I havent even tried to join their server.

Nope. I got what I wanted, mostly the Sith Pureblood unlock (Finally started a Jedi Knight!) and pieces from the Cartel packs (Pink Lightsaber, Covert Torso Energy Armor for my male character and the Elegant Loungewear) and ended up getting few other little treats :)

I've had a lot of fun and satisfaction with Cartel Coins, buying packs and unlocking legacy stuff that would take me quite a while to save credits for. It isn't a tangible product, sure, but I love this game and I don't see the money I've invested in it as a waste.

It could be worse, I could have bought cigarettes and literally burned my money while harming my body.

I sure do. Came to realise I wasted money on pixels. Well, thats gambling for ya! I expected better pixels (of which I cant touch) that I payed for with real money (that I can actually touch)

you mean you paid for your cartel coins by shoving dollar bills through your screen?

i paid electronically, without touching real money, via paypal. so i guess your logic doesn't apply to me :D

anyway, i'm allotting $40 monthly to cartel coins, on top of my sub.

you mean you paid for your cartel coins by shoving dollar bills through your screen?

i paid electronically, without touching real money, via paypal. so i guess your logic doesn't apply to me :D

anyway, i'm allotting $40 monthly to cartel coins, on top of my sub.

This is what I will be doing, I did have a $100 visa gift card that was just sitting around and I had nothing I needed or wanted so spent it on coins. I am very happy with what I spent mine on.

I only regret buying cartel coins after looking at the gtn prices...there is so much undercutting you literally can't make any money. Only items that are worth anything are the throne, mask, white crystal, monkey lizzard...everything else is worthless. I don't plan on buying anymore coins because of this. Why spend cash on the boxes when 99% of it can be bought dirt cheap in game.

I only regret buying cartel coins after looking at the gtn prices...there is so much undercutting you literally can't make any money. Only items that are worth anything are the throne, mask, white crystal, monkey lizzard...everything else is worthless. I don't plan on buying anymore coins because of this. Why spend cash on the boxes when 99% of it can be bought dirt cheap in game.

yep takes 1 night to earn over 300k from repeatable missions why pay real money for **** that will cost me less in time then it would to earn the money to buy them

also simply put as a spender that love to spend money this cash shop is a joke i wont drop money cos to be frank there is nothing there i want to buy for real money its sad i thought they would have done a better job this cash shop is a 2 dollar shop more like and you fools are buying **** you already paid for all that crap is on file from the disk you paid for none of it is new thats the sad part

So you realize that you literally manufactured this complaint? Bravo. 9/10.
Not the first time our halls have been graced with it, but everybody's got a thing I suppose.

No regrets buying anything because I haven't had to spend real money yet. Used my sub/CE CCs on extra inventory slots and an extra bank tab for all of my toons. My wife went nuts on pets and may purchase CCs with real dinero to mimic what I did. It's not bad for just opening shop and it will get a deeper and wider variety of inventory as the game evolves.

Were SWTOR the real world ... when God said "let there be light" I would have been a duty electrician. So I had plenty of virtual coin to spend when the shop went live.

Edited by GalacticKegger

yep takes 1 night to earn over 300k from repeatable missions why pay real money for **** that will cost me less in time then it would to earn the money to buy them

also simply put as a spender that love to spend money this cash shop is a joke i wont drop money cos to be frank there is nothing there i want to buy for real money its sad i thought they would have done a better job this cash shop is a 2 dollar shop more like and you fools are buying **** you already paid for all that crap is on file from the disk you paid for none of it is new thats the sad part

yeah, I remember back when I opened up my packs and got a few mounts to drop (silver quality) I thought great those will sell for a little atleast...Nope, I bought extras today for my alt at only 20k a pop. I've never seen a speeder so cheap.

Yeah, i do. 4x 5500cc and crap. Do'nt get me wrong, i did want to do that, gamble. I was exited what i will get, but i was disappointed, most of it was crap. And the worse - everyone got everything and prices of all items are on deep bottom. So selling them is pre nightmare.

I do too OP. I bought the $20 pack. I regretted it instantly...I already payed over $150 for the game, plus the monthly fee, why the hell am I paying more? It's thoughts like this, and the cartel market itself that's really putting me off of tis game. I may cancel....

You should have had that thought before you bought them

I haven't bought any yet.

I have to say, I'm not reacting well to "unearned gear". Additionally, I haven't seen anything that I'd waste money on purchasing. There is a certain look I'm going for with my characters and it appears to be far outside the scope of the artists of TOR for some reason.

- Arcada