Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Too bad it would never happen

Technohic

but would love to see big screens on the wall throughout the fleets showing Hutt Ball matches. Could go great with ranked teams if they set up some gambling terminals. You could look at the teams and pick your winners. Maybe have a spread based on rating difference.

Don't think any other game has that, so not sure if it would be possible. If possible and no other games do it, imagine how much it would set SWTOR apart from the next game.

but would love to see big screens on the wall throughout the fleets showing Hutt Ball matches. Could go great with ranked teams if they set up some gambling terminals. You could look at the teams and pick your winners. Maybe have a spread based on rating difference.

Don't think any other game has that, so not sure if it would be possible. If possible and no other games do it, imagine how much it would set SWTOR apart from the next game.

This would be so awesome, especially the gambling part. Would be great if BW could somehow work in an Over/Under and Spread for Ranked matches. heh

An Original comment for once that would be awesome. Although, they may never implement this. Giant screens showing ranked matches (somehow) in the fleet would be legit.

+1 for original thought that was not a nerf, gear QQ, or any complaining thread.

/signed

-Gerbly Gerb Pot5

-Gerbanista Gerb Pot5

awesome idea indeed i support this!

would be nice to have gambles on both ranked/premade group WZ and also on pug/ solo player matches etc.

could be fun betting on which player would score, set up passes or guard against attacks on the goal lines :D

I'd rather they add actual PvP content....

Just go watch a live steam if you want to watch people play Huttball.

I would like that too, but this thread is not about that. You can continue complaining about the lack of PvP content in one of a million threads already available to you

This is about an opportunity for SWTOR; IMO. Set themself apart from the competition and people will come. it's not likely SWTOR will do this, but it is just a fun idea for a change.

Edited by Technohic

Not the first time it's been suggested, but most ranked teams would prefer not to have other people watching their matches.

1) Anyone watching can pass info to the other team in real time (could be fixed by 30 second delays)

2) Ranked teams don't want to give up their strategies to other teams

Probably more likely to show unranked games, but could still allow for betting on ranked games by simply listing the players on each side.

Not the first time it's been suggested, but most ranked teams would prefer not to have other people watching their matches.

1) Anyone watching can pass info to the other team in real time (could be fixed by 30 second delays)

Probably more likely to show unranked games, but could still allow for betting on ranked games by simply listing the players on each side.

I could see the delay. May even be necessary in order to work. If someone really wanted to know a teams strategy, though; all they have to do is roll a stealther in and watch that way. not to mention, it seems all the teams that say they are the best have no end to wanting to be seen and recognized. lol

I don't think I would want to bet on teams I couldn't watch. I would want to scout and see if a team is playing to win first, and not just swapping.

I would like that too, but this thread is not about that. You can continue complaining about the lack of PvP content in one of a million threads already available to you

This is about an opportunity for SWTOR; IMO. Set themself apart from the competition and people will come. it's not likely SWTOR will do this, but it is just a fun idea for a change.

Like how a story-driven MMO was supposed to bring in millions of new players?

Yeah sorry OP, stupid idea is stupid.

Quit stealing my idea Tech!!!.....:D

Its ok I'll share it with you for a nominal fee...

So a few things that would spice up the game:

1. It has already been suggested that WZ have a spectator mode. I love that idea, but what would make that mode even more enjoyable? BETTING!!!. I know there are young players, but seriously, if you see nothing "wrong" with impaling people with lightsabers or shooting people with blasters, then gambling credits on wins, kill counts, scores, etc would add a very fun and epic part to WZs, whch brings me to my next idea................

2. POD RACES!!!!! Why are there no pod races in this game? Instead of giving me pets, or other vanity items give me pod racers. Link crafts to pod racers/pod racer parts. PvP races for credits/"pink slips". Also put in spectator similar to the above suggestion.

Make it happen Devs :cool: &

Profit....

Or you could actually have a spectator view either on Nar Shadda or at viewing terminals where you can chat with other spectators and stuff.

Yeah, you could do that. Would be easier on lag. I was just thinking of all the things done on fleet; grabbing quests, forming groups, accessing the GTN; it would be cool to have the entertainment while you are there, but thinking about it, the lag would be terrible.

:(

Yeah, you could do that. Would be easier on lag. I was just thinking of all the things done on fleet; grabbing quests, forming groups, accessing the GTN; it would be cool to have the entertainment while you are there, but thinking about it, the lag would be terrible.

If they designated more than one spot to obtain PVP/PVE quests, the people at fleet would thin out. Link the two chats somehow.. I would think Nar is the most logical choice as well.

We can only dream.....:(

Great... gambling and video games combined.

I really need more addictions compressed into one place so I can completely kill my social life and go full hermit. :D

That's the idea... I would love to gamble/spectate while I am doing other things like crafting, swapping mods, chatting to guildies, etc..

Quit stealing my idea Tech!!!.....:D

Its ok I'll share it with you for a nominal fee...

LOL sorry. At least now it is out there in more than one spot.

Submersion is really what it would bring. Making an MMO more than just a persistent world; but living and breathing with real people doing different things that you could see.

UO was my first MMO and I will never forget the first time I logged in there and saw blacksmiths actually at the anvil to craft, and could hear the hammer, and sometimes they would just drop some stuff they didn't want right on the ground for us noobs to scavenge. Lumberjacks actually chopping at trees.

Now in this game, people are crafting by having a companion do it invisibly. PvP is done in an instance where no one sees it outside of the people fighting; again invisible to the world. The world is just pixels where people are just after the next objective to click on with no connection at all.

That's the idea... I would love to gamble/spectate while I am doing other things like crafting, swapping mods, chatting to guildies, etc..

I was kidding... I actually love the idea and I think I supported your thread on it too. It just scares me to think that two of my favorite things would be combined into one. If they linked redtube on a monitor near the gambling monitors I would never leave my seat. :D

I was kidding... I actually love the idea and I think I supported your thread on it too. It just scares me to think that two of my favorite things would be combined into one. If they linked redtube on a monitor near the gambling monitors I would never leave my seat. :D

No, you weren't. You have no social life now... Admit it....:D

:rak_03:

that's the very reason why we dont have a competitive scene. Why Starcraft pros are not afraid to release their replay packs. Any sort of sports like experience is not just the players, but the viewers too. Hell, i have no mood to play right now, but i would gladly watch a few swtor matches

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.