HK demaning a Hardmode FP? You've got to be kidding me...

Elikal

I have carried dozens of fresh 50s through dozens of hardmodes. Maybe you don't deserve the new companion if you cannot even complete one hard mode. What do you do at 50 if you can't even do hard modes? Just level another character? What do you need HK-51 for then?

I can 100% guarantee you the only thing stopping you from completing the level 50 version of the foundry is yourself.

This, so much this.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Observation: You are clearly a meatbag with taste, Master.

Recommendation: You might want to consider playing the KotOR games at some point. They're both available on Steam, in addition to the physical retail copies that are likely still floating around.

Agreed, they will change you :)

Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!

The op must have been one of the players I was with most of the weekend. Been here since day 1 and done HM FE and HM foundry hundreds of times. This weekend OMG I must have been with people that never done a hard mode ever. Death after death after death. Players not geared, not knowing where to stand, not knowing the flat out mechanics.

I even asked at first if any new players here. Nobody answers. We get to Hk-51 in foundry and people are running all around doing nothing. Chamber comes down I say break the locks. I get a no answers and than ping ping pew pew all 1 shotted. Once is ok......twice is a grrrrr........... a third time I am leaving.

FE is whole other mess. I had to leave about 22 groups due players in green gear (not even blue), not knowing how to interrupt an ability, to even flat out not following the rest of the group. One trip I was in total 65k in repairs and the whole crap kicker is I am not even doing the HK quest.

What tops it is the dam daily que was only popping HM foundry and FE all weekend only.

The op must have been one of the players I was with most of the weekend. Been here since day 1 and done HM FE and HM foundry hundreds of times. This weekend OMG I must have been with people that never done a hard mode ever. Death after death after death. Players not geared, not knowing where to stand, not knowing the flat out mechanics.

I just followed the lead of the other three players, and adjusted my tactics according to their requests. As I mentioned a few posts up, that worked just fine. :D

"MMO-veteran" (vanilla EQ1 in 99') who played KotOR I and II here. I understand why people complain, I just disagree. It's one of the easiest HMs to go through and it can actually be fun to play a multi-player game with other people. For added context: I solo'd the entire HK questline save the 2 fps and parts of the scavenger hunt. When I got my first character to 50 in early January I had ZERO social points, trust me I felt the same way as a lot of you did from dealing with the WoW crowd. Truth is, in this game grouping isn't (always) as bad as some people seem to want to make it out to be, and you certainly don't need raid gear to go through HM flashpoints.

If 40 minutes of quasi-social interaction and co-operative gameplay are too much to ask then why play an MMORPG at all? What's the draw to being alone in a crowd?

And that's entirely true, I actually had the exact same thing when I finally hit 50: 0 social points.

And yes, I also agree that the community isn't too bad at all in TOR, especially not when you compare it to the community of WoW. Maybe it helps me that I reside on a pretty friendly server as well, where several casual guilds were placed at launch.

The thing is, you also know the reluctance of some people like OP. You've been there. You got over it, I gladly got over it too, at least as far as TOR is concerned, but remember that we had to get over that hump first. And to some, that hump is simply bigger than to others. And running into the wrong group while trying to get over it will only make it bigger to some people. It happens.

What does "demaning" mean?

Also, all these rage threads over the "PvP requirement" or having to group up :eek: in an MMO to do this quest are hilarious. In the time people have spent screaming on the forums I've done the quest line 3 times. :rolleyes:

(yes, I could just legacy unlock... but I'm not gonna waste coins/creds on that for 50s when I can just spend a couple hours getting him)

This quest is what I call the "Tour de TOR". It's meant to make you do a little of everything. Nobody is being required to do anything. If you want HK then this is what you have to do. Deal with it.

Seriously - I'm not trying to be an e-peen flexing elitist jerk here. I'm not an uber-geared raider or anything. I fully understand there are people who play their game different from me - really, I get it. Just fire up the groupfinder and DO IT. If you're having trouble getting a competent group out of that, start asking around on the fleet. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would do the FPs again to help those who are having trouble with it.

Seriously, what were they thinking? HK quest demands a HM?

Now I tried this with 3 groups, and ALL of them failed with me. I mean, I am a day one subscriber, I put reasonable effort into my level 50ies, but not that grindy super gear. Normal good endgame gear. And we just got owned by these bosses. And no, we KNEW what we were doing. Yea, yadda yadda, you all did it, HOW GREAT FOR YOU. But why the heck does Bioware force a HM on us, who don't like this sort of HM-grind needed to survive?

So now you add new content, but limit it to grinders? Well, player Bioware, well played.

Like not!

Ya know, THAT is what SUX about SWTOR, and why I so passionately hate WOW: They introduced this idea, you need to grind some gear by doing quests over and over in some repetitive grind mill, to "unlock" the same dungeon in a more difficult mode. Why would any sane person enjoy doing the same quests or dungeons over and over? Thats not fun or entertainment, that's a gosh darn punishment! This idea of prolonging a game content by grind demands to see some endgame stuff is what I vividly, passionately hate.

And especially in a STORY driven Star Wars MMO! Since when does the STORY of a Sith or a Jedi or what contain grinding the same bosses over and over? Thats not STORY, thats bollocks!

And do you think any gaming company could come out with story content fast enough to keep people happy? Seriously, to retain subscribers you need to give them a reason to pay every month. If they burn though the story in less than a month and then can't bring out new story content in the next month all of those people would simply stop subscribing.

People need to seriously gain some perspective. This game from 1-50 has more story and content than any single-player game like Assassin's Creed, GoW, Metal Gear, KOTOR, Mass Effect out there. Those games are all beatable in less than a month's time (i.e. getting to the max level). Did you see any of those games pumping out sequels every month? Of course not. Because it's not possible.

I'm sorry, but everyone who's complaining that they need to get away from the hamster-wheel of grinding really need to have a dose or reality check. Everyone in this game would love if a game didn't feel like a grind, but it cannot be reasonably expected of a company to churn out new content at the same rate of the consumer feeds on it.

Is OP for real

HMs in this game are a joke. Operations in this game (with the exception of 16m HM TFB, possibly, 4/5 stack Sector X world boss, and 16man NiM EC) are also a joke.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for people who are so pants-on-head dumb that they can't knock out a HM FP for HK. Finding the HK part on DK at five in the morning by yourself is harder, and takes longer too.

The only HM FP that I see people fail on these days is HM LI, and it's usually because people don't know how to interrupt the robot boss, or come in fresh in quest greens expecting to tank it.

TL;DR This is by far the easiest MMO I have played. If this is too difficult, you should probably play something like Free Realms. It's probably a little more your speed, and its sub fee is $10/month less than SWTOR!

The flashpoints I did for the HK quest were literally the first I've done in swtor, and I've been here since early access. They were easy. We didn't even come close to a setback while doing them. This was a pug group, btw. Also, I think 3 of us were in pvp gear. haha. I was surprised at how easy it was.

Sounds like a l2p issue. I expected to have such an issue arise myself (pvper), but as I said, they were easy.

"We have no open world pvp"

"the game is too easy"

"we want new content"

"we want more companions"

bioware designs an awesome new companion

"hk is hard to get"

"i dont want to pvp for hk"

"people are ganking me"

"the fps are too hard"

The amount of whines on this forum srsly. You've been here since the start but are complaining about a FP that's been here for ages? really? and it's not even one of the harder ones........From all the 1.6 complaints this one takes the top.

Edited by wakafonas

My group carried some poor guy that didn't have a clue through HM False Emp (yeah, we could have done that on normal) and HM Foundry. I will say that the Foundry HK-47 fight is still buggy as heck, so that could be a legit source of frustration. That said, they weren't going to put a max level quest in a lvl 30ish FP.

You dont even need Tionesse/Columni. You can do it in recruit PVP gear or you can do it in modded gear from the original dailies. All it takes is coordination. Thats the part the soloers do not have. Thats the part that actually makes it difficult for them. They cant just stand in one spot spamming keys and have only themselves to worry about.

That's what I meant, Soluss. The post I quoted refered to the Op needing tionese/columi gear to handle a hardmode.

When I did the mission, I was wearing orange gear modded with stuff from the Belsavis/Ilum dailies (I haven't got any BH stuff as I don't do the content required for it) and it was doable, even though we wiped once on the droid boss in Maelstrom Prison.

It's still content I don't plan on playing ever again, hardmodes and stuff like that hold no interest for me as I did all flashpoints save Lost Island during my normal gameplay. Hardmodes need to remain as part of the gear progression for those who take part in it, but there shouldn't be a need for setting foot into them outside the gear progression treadmill.

"We have no open world pvp"

"the game is too easy"

"we want new content"

"we want more companions"

bioware designs an awesome new companion

"hk is hard to get"

"i dont want to pvp for hk"

"people are ganking me"

"the fps are too hard"

The amount of whines on this forum srsly. You've been here since the start but are complaining about a FP that's been here for ages? really? and it's not even one of the harder ones........From all the 1.6 complaints this one takes the top.

TBH, I'd rather they make new content TOO hard then adjust it downwards. This game is seriously lacking in challenge all around, at least in the PvE department. I'm cautiously optimistic about NiM EC so far, but I really miss vanilla and BC WoW where it took months to clear progression content. Nightmare Mode should really be nightmarish, not just slightly irritating (as it seems to have been so far).

I did the hardmode and the normal mode FP portions last night...and I can say it was one of the more frustrating experiences grouping in game.

2 players who were 12k hps in green gears... one tank with 18k hps and no idea what a taunt is, or how to gain aggro on multiple mobs.... and the supposed "healer" was one of the 12ks (sorc) who seemingly only had one heal button...

I had to respec to heals halfway through, and tell the 12k guy to just dps... the tank would just jump on one mob and tunnel vision him and hit nothing else, he didnt hit taunt once.

It took much longer and was much more painful than i ever remember a hardmode being... and I did them all in dec. in champ gear...

we got through it, but wow... it made me really wonder how some people even get to 50.

I will just be doing the quest once more...then im buying the unlock on the rest...I cant take the torture of the scavenger hunt part, much less the hard mode with a bunch of newbs.

HK 51 should be difficult to acquire, the HM Fp's are not that hard at all, especially the foundry. If you can't hack it now get better gear and give it another go. Find another group and give it a go. Don't give up and come running to the forums whining about a challenge, rise to the occasion instead.

So now you add new content, but limit it to grinders? Well, player Bioware, well played.

Actually, HK-51 isn't really new "content". He's a new companion and you don't need him to play any of the content. As for the quest, the HM flashpoints (MP or Foundry) aren't new.

Ya know, THAT is what SUX about SWTOR, and why I so passionately hate WOW: They introduced this idea, you need to grind some gear by doing quests over and over in some repetitive grind mill, to "unlock" the same dungeon in a more difficult mode.

Actually, you don't. You can "unlock" the hardmode flashpoints as soon as you hit level 50 and you don't even need to run them in story mode first.

Why would any sane person enjoy doing the same quests or dungeons over and over? Thats not fun or entertainment, that's a gosh darn punishment! This idea of prolonging a game content by grind demands to see some endgame stuff is what I vividly, passionately hate.

They can't possibly create enough new content to satisfy demands. It's not reasonable or realistic to expect them to crank out new content every week because some people are "bored". People can easily finish the entire HK-51 quest chain in a few hours. There will always be people who churn through new content far faster than it can be developed. If you just want to "see" the end-game content without hardcore grinding, then run the content in story mode. You don't need to run it in hardmode.

And especially in a STORY driven Star Wars MMO! Since when does the STORY of a Sith or a Jedi or what contain grinding the same bosses over and over? Thats not STORY, thats bollocks!

The class story has 50 levels and doesn't repeat. You're talking about doing end-game stuff AFTER the character story is done. They story has to end at some point....at least until they release expanded content....the class story just can't magically continue indefinitely by itself.

HMs in this game are a joke.

Yep. With all the higher levels of gear, it's pretty easy to just cruise through most of the HM flashpoints.

For the HK quest, the False Emperor flashpoint in story mode is ridiculously easy. I was on my Sentinel and teamed up with a Sage who had never even run it before. We couldn't find anyone else so we just duo'ed it. Tregg got us once but that was it...we breezed through the rest. You only have to defeat HK to get the part and don't even need to finish the flashpoint.