Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who views who might have a legitimate question about specs...

I built myself a machine for $1,100

Core i5 2500

12gb ram (unneeded, but so dang cheap, why not!)

GeForce 560TI

Corsair 750watt power (for future SLI maybe?)

mid-tower

ASUS motherboard

750gb sata 6g Maxtor

Had the monitor/mouse/keyboard already.

OP, Your problem is mostly just the video card. Get one no farther than 5 from the top end and you can run at high quality no problem. And Battlefield 3 on high also (which I recommend).

Edited by Toxophile

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

This fails at a ultimate gaming rig as well.

As for lag... you need to define it.

Now, frame rate? What is your connection to the server your on? Is it like that at all times?

Do you have like DSL and live 23 miles from the CO? Does your brother put the router near the microwave and is it wireless?

TOO MANY CHOICES TO SAY WHY!!!!

I mean, if you are in a house with 5 people on the internet at the same time.. that alone could cause your lag... while having nothing to do with that computer.

So please be sure and check your set-up and surroundings first.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

Hate to disappoint, but you fail at knowing what a "gaming" PC is. This one does not even get close. So sorry, but onus is on you.

sorry thats not an ultimate gaming rig, its a you were hoodwinked by best buy rig, that video card is very weak and can maybe run at low settings with no shadows, the minimum geforce card would be a 550ti(thats what i got and run all settings high) also don't know if this post is troll bait or not.

Ferraris are slow too if you don't know how to shift out of first... If you have a high end rig and experience lag--it is most likely something with your computer. Most folks with high end rigs--that understand how to use them--are having zero lag issues.

Ferraris are slow too if you don't know how to shift out of first... If you have a high end rig and experience lag--it is most likely something with your computer. Most folks with high end rigs--that understand how to use them--are having zero lag issues.

I used to work in a retail computer setting. I had a lady cuss me out because her fax modem wouldnt work while the computer was turned off. She literally screamed F-bombs about this. Amazing how people can be so ignorant when it comes to computers. I knew this story would end badly when the guy said he got a gaming rig from best buy.

I used to work in a retail computer setting. I had a lady cuss me out because her fax modem wouldnt work while the computer was turned off. She literally screamed F-bombs about this. Amazing how people can be so ignorant when it comes to computers. I knew this story would end badly when the guy said he got a gaming rig from best buy.

lol

@gaming rig from best buy comment.

Well, in all fairness some people cannot build them, I see it often. So he went where he thought he should.

- granted saying that phrase is stout...

LOL if you spent $1500 on that. A whole TERABYTE of hard drive space?! WOW!

Honestly dude, I'm getting an avg of 45fps with a 2-year old quad core and a gtx 560. You might want to think about closing down some of the 20 other processes you probably have running to start with,

OP is clearly trolling.

And whoever said he could build a PC with SLI 580's for 1500 is full of ****. lol I just built mine before BF3 came out and it was 2500. That's just parts. Unless he bought 2 580's and went cheap on everything else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.