Character Recustomization

althene

I support this thread

We need 2 types of customization

1. change hairdo, complexion, makeup etc... you know like how we dont look the same today as we did in HS

2. cosmetic gear slots - while adaptive armor seemed like a great idea it is still very limiting. Let us have a cosmetic set as well... many games do this...

Thanks...

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support this thread

We need 2 types of customization

1. change hairdo, complexion, makeup etc... you know like how we dont look the same today as we did in HS

2. cosmetic gear slots - while adaptive armor seemed like a great idea it is still very limiting. Let us have a cosmetic set as well... many games do this...

Thanks...

I'm not sure about cosmetic gear. I mean, they could just as easily allow cartel market unlocks of "character creation additions" to add more hair styles, jewelry, tattoos, etc. They could even go so far as to add tattoos and other things that are available on one race/class/side available to any character (adding a "tattoos" or "face paint" slider to the cyborg race, for example). I could easily see this as a cartel purchase option and wouldn't grumble too much so long as it was, A) reasonably priced and, B) we had the option to take advantage of out purchase on our existing characters instead of having to start all over.

Perhaps I'm just not understanding what you mean. I think the current adaptive gear fills the function of costuming a character very well. And with more items on the horizon, I can realistically say you may see a world where not everyone looks like they shop at the same store with only 4 outfits for sale (aside from all the Revan wannabes and slave girl fanboys).

Edited by althene

I agree on this.

We need to be able to change our hairstyles --by this I mean more hairstyles, especially long ones--and bioware when I say long hairsytles I mean long ones that are loose not ponytails, buns, etc. but the ones that flow down your back. How difficult would that be to understand.

Different colors armor as well -- I mean a variety of colors for each side.

You have stated you want us to be able to customarize our characters well give us things that we can do that with without them all looking the same.

For me, 'Barbershop' is of crucial importance.

I'd actually call it smth like Cartel Market Plastic Surgeon so as to offer full aesthetic reset - appearance, sex, race. I will explain: I have now 3 troopers, 4 smugglers, 3 JK and 3 JC just for the reason I wanted to change smth about my chars while moving through content. Needles to say, I'd be ready to spend a fckload of credits and/or cartel coins in order to do so without killing real life in order to restar same classes all the time..

You don't actually need a physical shop, just make it a package in Cartel Market, purchasing which would just take you back to char creation screen.

It could be even broken down to various packs to reflect the prices of recustomization - ex. 200 CC for hairstyle/cosmetics change, 1000 CC for sex/bodytype change, 2000 CC for race/name change, 25000 CC to have full permanent recustomization unlock to all chars (idk). Do it as you will, but please do it, soon! Only thing I miss in the game, for one.

P.S. BTW, TSW added a barbershop and plastic surgeon to their game and that was a huge profit gainer and in-game cash sink as well.

P.P.S. Not seen a single Dev post on 'Barbershop' threads up to now.. PLEASE please at least comment smth!

For me, 'Barbershop' is of crucial importance.

I'd actually call it smth like Cartel Market Plastic Surgeon so as to offer full aesthetic reset - appearance, sex, race. I will explain: I have now 3 troopers, 4 smugglers, 3 JK and 3 JC just for the reason I wanted to change smth about my chars while moving through content. Needles to say, I'd be ready to spend a fckload of credits and/or cartel coins in order to do so without killing real life in order to restar same classes all the time..

You don't actually need a physical shop, just make it a package in Cartel Market, purchasing which would just take you back to char creation screen.

It could be even broken down to various packs to reflect the prices of recustomization - ex. 200 CC for hairstyle/cosmetics change, 1000 CC for sex/bodytype change, 2000 CC for race/name change, 25000 CC to have full permanent recustomization unlock to all chars (idk). Do it as you will, but please do it, soon! Only thing I miss in the game, for one.

P.S. BTW, TSW added a barbershop and plastic surgeon to their game and that was a huge profit gainer and in-game cash sink as well.

P.P.S. Not seen a single Dev post on 'Barbershop' threads up to now.. PLEASE please at least comment smth!

No dev post, but I did contact one of the forum mods and she informed me they're looking into it and she'd get back to us if anything new popped up.

To the topic of your ideas, the whole point of character recustomization the way I've outlined it is so we DON'T continually get nickle and dimed to death. I don't feel I should have to pay them to change the way my character looks because the lighting in the character selection screen in not in any way analogous to the lighting in the game. Furthermore, it smacks of deceit should they keep the lighting the same and then charge us to change it once we find out red is pink and that awesome complexion you chose makes you look like someone beat you in the face with a two by four once you see it in game.

Cosmetic fluff like this that is already in the game should be a credit sink. Anything more, like completely overhauling your character, should be a charge. It's that simple. They can easily make up any potential loss in revinue by releasing hair packs and other new customization options in the cartel store. These then become a new driving force in keeping the economy of the game somewhat in check since players have a new valid credit sink by way of the barbershop.

Edited by althene

I just want more character customization. I just downloaded a f2p Star Trek online just to check it out.... The game kinda sucks but MAN, you can litterally create any character you want. You can even create a new alien race. The point is, im kinda tired of my toon looking like other toons and NPCs. Really the only c.c. option they gave us was "unify colors" Thats pretty weak. Come on, BW, you know you can do better.

Cosmetic fluff like this that is already in the game should be a credit sink. Anything more, like completely overhauling your character, should be a charge. It's that simple. They can easily make up any potential loss in revinue by releasing hair packs and other new customization options in the cartel store. These then become a new driving force in keeping the economy of the game somewhat in check since players have a new valid credit sink by way of the barbershop.

Great, sure. Why not, it would keep players occupied with their extra credits and bring in the revenue BW so desperately needs to please stakeholders.

Either way, I INSIST this issue deserves to be at least commented on (SGR did, and it's even getting implemented for some reason Oo... while Star Wars was never anything about sexual relations, let alone homosexual). But I digress.

IMO if we don't see a hint of char recustomization in the Spring digital expansion, I'd go as far as to conclude that priorities are not set straight for the Devs.

Edited by iFruit

Great, sure. Why not, it would keep players occupied with their extra credits and bring in the revenue BW so desperately needs to please stakeholders.

Either way, I INSIST this issue deserves to be at least commented on (SGR did, and it's even getting implemented for some reason Oo... while Star Wars was never anything about sexual relations, let alone homosexual). But I digress.

IMO if we don't see a hint of char recustomization in the Spring digital expansion, I'd go as far as to conclude that priorities are not set straight for the Devs.

Ya, when was the last time anyone has seen/heard SGR subject in SW either in books, comics or movies? Yet that is getting more priority than more character customization ....???? Epic FAIL

Ya, when was the last time anyone has seen/heard SGR subject in SW either in books, comics or movies? Yet that is getting more priority than more character customization ....???? Epic FAIL

The issue of SGRs has no bearing or relevance to the topic at hand. Once again, this topic is to discuss adding to and improving the concept of character (re)customization. Furthermore, seperate design teams would be responsible for the developement and implementation, such that, one does not preclude the other. SGRs get more press the same way gun control comes up every time someone gets shot. It's politically expedient and furthers someone's agenda. So let us please stick to the topic at hand.

I was literally just coming back onto the forums to find a thread like this, and I found it at the top.

I've now got 2 accounts with 12 character slots filled each on the 1 server, the majority of these characters are level 20+ so I usually don't mind rolling new characters to perfect something. After a 4 month (or so) break I've come back to play my assassin only to realise how bad looking body type 3 is for them. I would really love to play my assassin but the body type 3 really is that bad that I cannot push myself to even bare looking at it never mind play it.

Recustomization really has to happen, it's just common sense for it to be added. You want people to continue playing for as long as you can, right? I myself get very bored of the same scenery if I'm looking at it too often (probably why I have so many toons) so please add this, it'll mix things up a bit. Hell, I would even pay to get my character recustomized.

Just my blabbering on, but long story short.. PLEASE ADD!

...seperate design teams would be responsible for the developement and implementation, such that, one does not preclude the other....

I have heard this argument many times before on varying topics, but the common sense fact is that these design teams are resources that can either A) be assigned to assist on the same development issue or B) be assigned to a completely different more pressing, in my opinion, aspects of the game, QA issues for instance. Given, that from layoff reports, the Bioware Austin is a shell of what it once was, and perhaps may even be understaffed, you have to read priorities into any assignment of any resources into any aspect of the game.