Character Recustomization

althene

Just because it will probably make a few bucks doesn't mean it should be implemented. That selling point should be somewhere around halfway down the criteria-importance list.

And whatever the demand level, it doesn't mean the tradeoffs are worth putting that into the game. There would be certainly decent demand also for something like a God terminal, which people could play around with to try out different Classes, Advanced Classes, get free 1-day equipment, level up, level down, try out Cartel Market items for 15 minutes, etc, etc... that doesn't mean it should go into the game.

Sorry, but the suggestion at the bottom of your reply sounds terrible. Character recustomization is actually a decent idea, not to mention it'd bring BW money in. Not only give them money, it would keep players more entertained with their class.

Entertained = play longer = spend more.

Everyone is happy.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am totally down with this. I would love to change some things about my character. Make it cost prohibitive. So that its a big deal but allows me if I have poured hours into a character but he/she has a minor thing I wish I would have done differently.

I don't suppose the interview contained any information on what set of customizations would be provided by The Barber ... ? __The name itself suggests only head-hair changes. Though it might be nice if Aric Jorgan trims his armpit hairs ...

No that was the only hint that was given at character recustomizarion. I suspect there will be more information to come as the suspected release date for approaches.

State of the game info that just got posted confirms character re customization..... for cartel coins. Coming this summer. So save those cartel coins up. :D

We knew this as soon as the same thread got a dev response in the cartel suggestions thread. Sadly, EA seems content with blatently milking its customer base yet again.

Honestly, while I'm disheartened to see it go this way, as long as it's a full character recustomization, I wouldn't mind paying A COUPLE bucks. More than that, and I'm just gonna start deleting characters.

that is great news. there is not much more i want from this game. if i am gonna change my apearence as much as i think i am gonna do then those people at bioware is are going to be rich and i know that there lott more peeps who like to change often. when they have earned enough maby it will be for free for subs who know but this is great news an update i looked forward almost from the beginning when i started playing . :D Go Bioware:D

Sorry, but the suggestion at the bottom of your reply sounds terrible. Character recustomization is actually a decent idea, not to mention it'd bring BW money in. Not only give them money, it would keep players more entertained with their class.

Entertained = play longer = spend more.

Everyone is happy.

You can fuss all you want, but what's lost if and when BioWare puts character recustomization into the game, is the same sort of thing that would be lost if they put a God Terminal like I described into the game. You saying it's a terrible idea just solidifies the entire reason I was drawing a parallel.

BTW a God Terminal would be far more entertaining than character recustomization... it would be like (CharacterRecustomization)^2

...but of course, anyone who has ever played with a God Terminal realizes that it slowly but surely ruins the game for the user, and the fun of the game is just somehow lost forever.

... it's still not too late to change your mind! _LoL

I would vote for this as well, ive even considered having friends say that my character name was offensive just so I could change, why wouldnt they want more money? I mean come on they give you pretty much everything else but when I get a character to like 30 then realize that I could have had a better name and found out that the name is in fact available why would you not want to change... So please Bioware, please let us pay to name change or re customize our characters its not like were changing the story unless of course maybe you were married to your companion all that would need to be done is say they aren't now. +10 votes from me for this!!!

i really hope they add this to the upcoming expansion /patch/update. a lot of the MMOS have it and it would be a great feature. even Aion has it ffs

wow I did not know that haha, I cant believe Aion even has this feature lol thats pretty bad when this is a much better MMO and they dont or havent even considered it?

Totally down with this. There are certain ways I want my character to look in game. however, because of my race (twi'lek), I did not expect appearance would be different because of the twi'lek race. I love my twi'lek, but some gear that I really like, looks odd on my twi'lek.

This really needs to happen. It should not be that difficult to implement. It is needed.

I would REALLY like this. I am the type of person that will delete a class just based on the appearance alone. Also, I had to delete my Shadow due to a weird glitch. I had him as a miralakan with a white mask. After not playing for several months, I log in, and he has a strange mohawk, long sideburns, and weird glasses. He literally looked like and idiot. I had to create another.:confused:

I was just thinking today that my smuggler needs a new hairstyle. But, even if they did allow it, I'm not sure there is one I want for her. In addition to being able to do a make-over, we need better choices to begin with!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's put it this way. I'm a guy who does not put any emphasis on my hair (I go to the barber every couple weeks and get the same cut, nice and simple).

Generally speaking, for a big MMORPG like this, if over the course of more than a year my character's hair changes less than mine does that's a problem. (I can understand restricting gender/race changes [although I suppose those] etc. even body type changes if they wanted although that's a bit much...but come on my character's had the same stubble since December 2011 can he shave already?)