Character Recustomization

althene

Because the story line with your comps is often set with your gender. Changing gender is going to throw a monkey wrench into this mechanic, not to mention some gear is female only. Having the ability to change everything else will (in my non profession opinion) not effect anything. Changing hair style, Hair Color, Eye color, Body type or Body color tattoo's, scars etc. None of this will affect anything but your character appearance. And that is what we want. We want to re-fresh the appearance of your character. I am an altaholic. I know why I am, I get tired of looking at the same character. I stop playing them because I want something new. A character that has a bit different appearance. I can't tell you how many times I start rolling a character, get tired of its looks and delete it. I have 4 50's. 2 above 40 and all the rest are below 25, why because their predecessors appearance started to bug me. I will not delete a character above 30, because there have been too many hours spent on it. If I get tired of that class or character. I move to another. One day I may just get tired of them all. bye.

If I could refresh the appearance of my character I would find new enjoyment out of the game. Bioware, i am positive this will keep people around playing.

To be fair, the companion relationships are no more than maybe 15 or 20 minutes of overall content. None of which has any particular bearing (yet) on your character or their story other than to give you that warm fuzzy feeling when they send you that stalkerish email with the gift(s) attached. And if you're that far into the relationship, they'll still love you after your gender surgery anyway, right? I mean, this IS the sci-fi fairy tale kingdom, right?

But SGAs aside, if you want to role play with it, that's fine. But the flip side should be just as relevant. Someone who wants a certain look shouldn't be penalized after the fact by a couple minutes of dialog with an NPC, be it companion or no name schmuck who dies in the next story arc.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can safely say that I'm 100% happy with one of my avatars... but she's been born and unborn several times and on multiple servers until I got it right. And now that I'm finally, officially settled on a server and she's loaded down with expensive GTN purchases of cartel equipment to make her look fantastic, I couldn't justify deleting her even if she was beaten within an inch of her life by a forrest of ugly sticks.

But that's only one of a potential 12.

Not a great return there.

I salute you sir/madam!

I rerolled from level cap in STO for appearances sake, I could'nt stomach it in SWTOR, I only want to redo my Knights mop and beard!

I really want to evolve my Knight and modify his appearance to take into account all he has been through. I am a member of an RP guild and allowing a visual representation of his evolution to show visually would just deepen the experience.

:)

I salute you sir/madam!

I rerolled from level cap in STO for appearances sake, I could'nt stomach it in SWTOR, I only want to redo my Knights mop and beard!

I really want to evolve my Knight and modify his appearance to take into account all he has been through. I am a member of an RP guild and allowing a visual representation of his evolution to show visually would just deepen the experience.

:)

Something like this was the rationale behind starting this thread to begin with.

I'd maxed out a juggernaught and mercenary on a PvP server before my break from the game. Upon returning, the guild I was in and the friends I'd made there had all but completely abandoned the game. So I used the oportunity to start fresh the way I'd originally wanted. I already had a knight on a PvE server from pre-release play, but I wanted to see things from a troopers perspective. I made up my cyborgs trooper and started the grind just before f2p dropped. Once it did, I seized the oportunity to circumvent racial locks and realized that I much preferred Sith bionics to Republic ones. So there he sits, a level 50 vanguard primed and ready to get on with the end game, but his mediocre "bionic eye(patch)" and the complete suckage that is the Tionese (trooper) helm have got me not wanting to play him for fear his ugly mug my break my expensive monitor.

Yeah, I wish they had some longer hair styles as well.

Yeah, the more I play around the the character creation tools, the more limited they feel. Yet another reason for this thread, and I do believe it has been updated to account for this.

This needs to happen like asap, would not mind spending some money for this.

My bounty hunter looks a little kid in huge clothes in his armor.

Hah I feel the same about my marauder. Every time I unlock new convo with HK (the only companion which I don't have affection maxed with) and I have to look at my character without any headgear, I can't believe that I actually went with the look I have. Almost every single thing, including race, I'd change in a heartbeat if only given a chance.

I hope that barbershop feature or even complete recustomization will make it to SWTOR eventually cause it's really needed.

Agreed. A character appearance respec is something I would pay for. As new armours/ outfits are added, it's expected people will want to change their characters to meet a new look that never existed when they started.

I don't support a race change, though. If you want to change something as drastic as your race or gender, just make a new character.

Agreed. A character appearance respec is something I would pay for. As new armours/ outfits are added, it's expected people will want to change their characters to meet a new look that never existed when they started.

I don't support a race change, though. If you want to change something as drastic as your race or gender, just make a new character.

I've seen the race/gender change bias before in this thread and I don't really understand it. You've potentially put so much time into your character by this point that starting over is simply daunting if not downright impossible based on current perks, gear, and achievements (some have been removed). I wouldn't be opposed to race changes being limited to specifically the races you already have unlocked for your legacy and chosen class in order to prevent exploiting the system, but I simply don't understand outright denial of the option.

Gender change is even more baffling to me. Something so trivial, outside of the context of the pseudo relationship dialog with your chosen companion, seems somewhat silly to even take the time to oppose. I can see unexpected ramifications simpy because of said companion relationships, but that could be as simple as resetting all relationship flags in the code.

I support this to the fullest..

I decided to make a Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer.. and to my surprise.. I cant wear a hood.. I get it cuz the big things on their heads.. but you can wear full masks and helmets.... which doesnt make sense.. So please allow Twi'lek's to wear hoods.. and allow character recustomization.

:ph_thank_you:

Tottaly agree. 1 Years before i just stop playing this game becaouse of my character looking. Now i am back and still hoping to change my character's appearance. About a year passed they are still resisting to put some little good changing in this game. I read some post here and i figured out that this is not difficult.

Please adapt these small changes to game. Those are looking small but they will creat a huge effect on gameplay. At least give some announcements about this topic. :rolleyes:

I really want it to be free, like the barbershop from WoW. Unfortunately, I will bet it will be a CM thing.

The ideal solution would be a mix of both. The barber/surgeon ship droid as a legacy unlock while a barber shop is simultaneously placed on each respective fleet. More expansive character customization options could very well be a cartel shop type of thing, another post suggested different hair style unlocks being made available in the cartel store. Furthermore, I feel character name, legacy name, gender and race changes should also be a cartel store only thing. Barbershops, however, should be a credit expenditure, not cash (aside from the possibility of the shipboard barbershop).

The ideal solution would be a mix of both. The barber/surgeon ship droid as a legacy unlock while a barber shop is simultaneously placed on each respective fleet. More expansive character customization options could very well be a cartel shop type of thing, another post suggested different hair style unlocks being made available in the cartel store. Furthermore, I feel character name, legacy name, gender and race changes should also be a cartel store only thing. Barbershops, however, should be a credit expenditure, not cash (aside from the possibility of the shipboard barbershop).

A barber/surgeon droid on the the ship as a legacy unlock? I'd definitely buy it. Although I'd also buy a starship jukebox unlock, but that's a slightly different topic.

As for customization service NPCs on places like the Fleets, I'm all for it. Name (legacy and character) change tokens would be a great addition too, as well as pretty much as much recustomization options as we can get away with making BioWare add.

That would be my thread by the way, in regards to the hairstyle packs.

EDIT:

/bump

You didn't need to do that, bro. Not to mention, isn't it against the rules or something?

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Just putting something in to show my support of this idea.

I would love to see this in game as well. there is plenty of room on fleet (Booths) that are empty that could have a barber shop. And you should pay creds for it. NOT frekking cartel market coins.

You should have the option to change hair cut, hair color, make up, tattoos and the face complexion thing.

Maybe put a surgeon next to barber to change the face :p Nah but really this really needs to come in game before new Wz, ops and other big updates. It's a small request by the gamers and i don't understand why this is so hard to do. would think it be small fix but i dunno.

Bioware: Better Feedback would be nice for a change.

Why is this not in game game yet? Fail EA fail!

Let's be constructive here. On the one hand, thank you for supporting the thread (sort of), but there's absolutely no need to poison and polute what should be a positive discussion in support of a feature that we'd all like to see. So while your support is appreciated, kindly take your negativity and channel it someplace else.

I maybe am a psycho but i re-leveled about 5-6 inquisitors because i was disappointed how they turned to look like at dark side lvl 5. One time a poorly chosen complexion made my would be perfectly pale toon look like it's covered in yellow mud, etc. And you cant even know for sure how will your character will look exactly at lvl 5 dark side until you reach it. I support the idea wholeheartedly!