PVP Shout outs!

KyarraKyndheart

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shoutout to absolutely no guild from this server going on the pts for ranked

Can't say I really blame people for not wanting to mess with it. You have to download and install a second copy of the game, transfer characters over, then transfer characters over a bunch more times to dupe up a set of min-maxed PvP gear (since that is what the people wanting to do ranked on the PTS have already done)... Then get at least 8 people to do it. All to play some ranked games on a buggy test server where the class and game mechanic changes may or may not stick. I think most people would rather just wait for 2.0 to release.

The only thing that makes the hassle remotely tempting is the chance to play guilds from other servers (as it's definitely not worth the trouble just to play people who are already on the same server). Personally, I have the PTS client installed so I can check out the changes, but it's not really where I want to spend my time until 2.0.

Can't say I really blame people for not wanting to mess with it. You have to download and install a second copy of the game, transfer characters over, then transfer characters over a bunch more times to dupe up a set of min-maxed PvP gear (since that is what the people wanting to do ranked on the PTS have already done)... Then get at least 8 people to do it. All to play some ranked games on a buggy test server where the class and game mechanic changes may or may not stick. I think most people would rather just wait for 2.0 to release.

The only thing that makes the hassle remotely tempting is the chance to play guilds from other servers (as it's definitely not worth the trouble just to play people who are already on the same server). Personally, I have the PTS client installed so I can check out the changes, but it's not really where I want to spend my time until 2.0.

^This, I downloaded the PTS and it crashes immediately on launching, after 2 hours trying to troubleshoot with no improvement I decided it wasn't worth the hassle

All of that took me about an hour, and the few games that I've gotten to play over there have been much more fun than any games that this server has brought.

there aren't 16 good players on this server, and that would be really boring anyways.

Just a suggestion. That being said, if there aren't even 16 good players on this server I'm curious why you stick around? I'm not trying to rile you up, I'm genuinely curious.

I agree with Legend though, doing ranked on the PTS doesn't really seem like it is worth the time and effort.

Just a suggestion. That being said, if there aren't even 16 good players on this server I'm curious why you stick around? I'm not trying to rile you up, I'm genuinely curious.

I agree with Legend though, doing ranked on the PTS doesn't really seem like it is worth the time and effort.

I haven't really played on this server since the pts came up.

I haven't really played on this server since the pts came up.

That is actually one of the main reasons I don't jump on the PTS or do beta testing in general anymore. More often than not I end up leaving the games once testing is over. Not that the beta was bad or anything, but I no longer have the impetus to continue playing.

I think for most guilds it doesn't make sense to do the PTS, but for guilds that want to be competitive in PVP, it's just silly to ignore the test server. Sure an ability or talent that's active now on the PTS may change before it goes live, but for the most part they will remain largely unchanged.

Also this is finally a chance to see how your guild stacks up against guilds from other servers.

At the very least, it's great practice playing against other guilds that have such a high level of skill and competitive drive.

there aren't 16 good players on this server, and that would be really boring anyways.

So, are you really implying that there are no good players outside of your guild? If so, I call bull ****. But, I do agree constantly playing against one's own guild mates would get boring.

Also, good players could always teach other players to PvP better.

And what Legend said.

So, are you really implying that there are no good players outside of your guild? If so, I call bull ****. But, I do agree constantly playing against one's own guild mates would get boring.

Also, good players could always teach other players to PvP better.

And what Legend said.

no there are players from rep side/other guilds in that pool too.

I think for most guilds it doesn't make sense to do the PTS, but for guilds that want to be competitive in PVP, it's just silly to ignore the test server. Sure an ability or talent that's active now on the PTS may change before it goes live, but for the most part they will remain largely unchanged.

My argument against that premise is that you have 5 levels to figure out new abilities and rotations. Plus, everyone has to figure out new ways to play whenever their class has ability changes during a patch. If you can't adapt after a patch or within 5 levels I doubt the PTS is going to help much.

no there are players from rep side/other guilds in that pool too.

I still say there are more than sixteen good players. As for great/exceptional players that's a different story.

@ Ragetacular

Yes we do need cross server PvP. BW should at least make both solo and group ranked cross server.

My argument against that premise is that you have 5 levels to figure out new abilities and rotations. Plus, everyone has to figure out new ways to play whenever their class has ability changes during a patch. If you can't adapt after a patch or within 5 levels I doubt the PTS is going to help much.

Fair enough, but I still stand by the rest of my post :p

Everyone plays under the same rules on the PTS. It's absolutely worth going there to test your mettle. The other assassins, marauders, whatever-you-ares have had the exact same changes as you will have and the same total time to get the hang of them/research their specs and rotations etc. As far as bugs, we never ran into any during ranked, and the other teams are subject to the same ones as we are.

I had a blast getting my *** handed to me by the best team in the game. I learned a lot and was more motivated than ever to sharpen up, after far too long not improving.

As far as min/maxing, well that's just laziness. If people care about getting better, it won't be an impediment. Like Merkave said, best ranked we've had in forever.

Fair enough, but I still stand by the rest of my post :p

That's why I didn't quote that part, because I agree. ;) Seriously, cross server pvp please!

Merkava commented that my suggestion of recruiting and playing against your own guild is boring, but honestly so is playing against the same teams over and over in ranked. Personally I don't care about whether I win or lose. While I still play to win I play because I find pvp fun. Waiting for an hour for a damn ranked match to pop...not so fun.

That's why I didn't quote that part, because I agree. ;) Seriously, cross server pvp please!

Merkava commented that my suggestion of recruiting and playing against your own guild is boring, but honestly so is playing against the same teams over and over in ranked. Personally I don't care about whether I win or lose. While I still play to win I play because I find pvp fun. Waiting for an hour for a damn ranked match to pop...not so fun.

Well we don't play the same team over and over anymore because no one on this server q's regularly anymore. On the pts the ranked field is made up of many teams from other servers so it's definitely not playing the same team there either.

Well we don't play the same team over and over anymore because no one on this server q's regularly anymore. On the pts the ranked field is made up of many teams from other servers so it's definitely not playing the same team there either.

Totally understandable, but my purely personal preference is to not play on the PTS for the aforementioned reasons. Also, once the PTS is taken down no more pseudo-crossrealm pvp :(

Shotout for Gravity, Lumindeyn and Playwithsquirtls for the fun matches that we had this morning. Also for TGO (I can only remember of Ayita and Orpheon), Raezon, Monster'energy and Zatori for the perfect Alderaan that we did this afternoon.

Shotout for Gravity, Lumindeyn and Playwithsquirtls for the fun matches that we had this morning. Also for TGO (I can only remember of Ayita and Orpheon), Raezon, Monster'energy and Zatori for the perfect Alderaan that we did this afternoon.

Hey! How dare you bring this back on topic! :p

Shout out to the Sage and Gunslinger I killed on Ilum last night in the pve area. The gear diff was totally to my advantage, so I'm not trying to tout my "skill" or anything. At least you fought back rather than complaining though, so good on ya!