Any decent romance options for male Smuggler?!

Xael

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bah i was so disappointed to discover that gay/lesbian relationships will not appear until a future expac.

rolled a female toon and didnt fancy the idea of seducing blokes. serves me right :D

That is not entirely true. Male IAs can flirt with a dude at certain levels. I'm not sure if that was a bug or intentional without them coming out and saying it.

Since somebody said there is one on every planet, how about we make an official list or something? I didn't get on Ord Mantell or Coruscant, so I'm not so sure there are any? Or did I just do the wrong thing, like turn the senator in for her corruption?

*Spoiler-ish*

These are the ones I've seen (34, just finished Alderaan):

-You can flirt with Syreena on Ord Mantell

-You can flirt with a Coruscant senator

-You can flirt wth the twi'lek Taris governor

-You can *fade out* with Beryl on Taris (think that's her name)

-You can *fade out* with the rich girl on Nar Shaddaa (don't remember her name)

-You can flirt with Satele Shan after finishing the Athiss flashpoint

-You can flirt with a Jedi on Tatooine

-You can *fade out* with a Sith on Tatooine

-You can *fade out* with a noble woman on Alderaan

*Spoiler-ish*

Yeah, those are all the ones I found, too. I just wasn't sure if maybe the senator on Coruscant could've gone a different way if I hadn't turned her in.

*Spoiler-ish*

I'm on Corellia right now, and there are a few more options between Alderaan and here. Don't really want to share them since they are spoilers, but they slow down once you hit act 3, probably since that's when the companion romances really start up.

Also, Risha is a great romance option. You can change the way she looks if you don't like it, though I think it's fine. She isn't darkside, she's grey. She just doesn't see the point in doing something if there's no profit in it, but isn't going around killing people. She also always has a witty comeback for anything you say to her, especially the flirts. Besides, she made me a king (sort of).

Edited by Waco_Kid

Yea Risha is great, and got a great romance story.

She has claims the the throne on some planet and works on getting in to the politics there. She is offered to marry a nobleman to quickly get back into the politics, but you can ofcourse prevent it. Anyway, in the future you might become a king if they keep up the character arc.

Sometimes the flirt lines can be a bit groan-inducingly blunt, but then again dialogue was never the point in anything Star Wars…except for the greatest love lines ever spoken:

“I love you.”

“I know.”

And spoken by a smuggler. 

Luke got the glory, Han got the girl.

I experienced the companion-dialogue bug that seems common (I rapidly increased in Affection with Risha through gifts early but got no dialogue after a single quest to save a friend of hers; but then, at level 42, I got 11 or 12 conversations literally in a row), and wound up marrying Risha in a lightning romance that should probably have been spaced out over the last 20 levels :-)

However, up until there, I had been playing my smuggler as an incorrigible flirt (though not always sleeping around). However, while I can counteract the loss of affection from flirting with other women, will flirting/if I accidently choose the 'wrong' flirts and wind up sleeping with someone else break off the romance with Risha? Anyone know?

You can Fade out with Beryl again on Quesh.

The Risha one just has too many similarities for me. I don't want to be a movie character clone.

Honestly while her initial looks and backstory might seem like a parallel to Leia (and honestly, the looks part is pushing it), the two are nothing alike. Trust me when I say that if we could have Risha in a movie instead of Leia, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Do you have to be Dark Side affiliated to blackout with the Sith or to marry the Mando?

You'll have to give her a lot of gifts to up her affection since she won't gain affection from your choices.

There is some gear that is tuned towards light side or dark side but romance isn't tied into it I don't think.

If it is... That's stupid because some good girls still like bad guys and some bad girls still like good guys.

I hope this isn't a glitch, but I seem to have some problems regarding Risha's affection.

I have raised her affection level from ~4500 to ~5700, yet she doesn't want to speak with me. Thing is, until then, she would speak to me every time I raised her affection by 200 or 300.

Is there something wrong, or do the intervals between conversations increase as you raise the affection?

I hope this isn't a glitch, but I seem to have some problems regarding Risha's affection.

I have raised her affection level from ~4500 to ~5700, yet she doesn't want to speak with me. Thing is, until then, she would speak to me every time I raised her affection by 200 or 300.

Is there something wrong, or do the intervals between conversations increase as you raise the affection?

Sounds like you reached a few thresholds simultaneously since none of Risha's conversations are available until after you finish Act 2. Was that about the timeframe you "thought" you were getting convos every 200-300? Because no companion gives conversations that often.

Akaavi seems like Jack from ME2

Risha has some very similar attributes to Miranda (tough exterior around a soft chewy center)

i would love to have them blow up and fight over me like the Mass Effect girls did in the Assembly Room in the Normandy.

but really Akaavi = Jack

As a girl smuggler, there are quite a few guys you can bump uglies with, though alot fewer then what the men seem to experience. We also only get one romance option. Actually this seems to be the case with all the classes. Men almost always get two options. We're stuck with one. (and lordy do I loathe Corso.. seeing as I'm dark side, even after questing with him up until I got Risha, he's still at 1/10000 affection..)

But anyhow... I did get down a dirty quite alot anyway.

First up, Darmas (I think that's his name). On Coruscant.

The twi'lek on Quesh, I think?

Your Voss guide on Voss.

The Sith during Lightspring (sort of.. you go into her ship and exchange "fashion tips.."

The noble on Alderaan you flirt with quite a bit but hey, atleast you get a nice dinner, and pissing Corso off, which is always a bonus in my books.

Pretty sure there was one more but I can't quite recall how and where.

You do get a flirt option quite alot in dialogues though. But clearly more as a man.

And then there's Corso, of course. Although if there was a dialogue option that was "shut up, Corso" everytime he opened his mouth... If anyone needs a shock collar it's that man.

I really hoped that I could get Ivory to warm my bunk after he joined the crew but alas, he's just standing around on my ship looking pretty.

And yeah, I suppose there really only is one man in your little crew, I mean.. Bowdaar and Guss would just be.. no. Just no. Still feels like you get cheated as a girl when it comes to the romance in this game, no matter what class you're playing.

As a girl smuggler, there are quite a few guys you can bump uglies with, though alot fewer then what the men seem to experience. We also only get one romance option. Actually this seems to be the case with all the classes. Men almost always get two options. We're stuck with one. (and lordy do I loathe Corso.. seeing as I'm dark side, even after questing with him up until I got Risha, he's still at 1/10000 affection..)

*snip*

And yeah, I suppose there really only is one man in your little crew, I mean.. Bowdaar and Guss would just be.. no. Just no. Still feels like you get cheated as a girl when it comes to the romance in this game, no matter what class you're playing.

Well as I see it.

Smuggler:

Girls get one all the way from the starting planet, the guys have to wait quite a bit but finally get two. If Akaavi is you fav, you will go without for quite some time. I happen to really like Corso so this class has been wonderful to play with the LI present from the start.

Trooper:

Both have one LI, FemTrooper has Aric from the start, the LI for the guys comes a bit later.

Jedi Knight:

You get Kira pretty early on for the guys, my JK-girl had to wait a bit for Doc, but only one LI for both men and women

Jedi Councilor:

The girls get Theran to flirt with quite early, then we get Iresso pretty late in the game. The guys.... they get Naida, after Iresso at very very late in the story. So here the females has two before the guys get their LI.

I would not say that guys always have it better, in fact I say that it depends on the class. Ask a male JC and see if he feels that he got the better deal romance-wise =)

Sorry to hear that you didn't like the LI:s in the game. I haven't come across one that I didn't like so I feel very lucky indeed. Have a char for all the classes and am happily gaming away. Perhaps you will find someone you like when they open up S/S-relations? Keeping fingers crossed that you will find someone to your liking =)