The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have sunglasses as a moddable head piece.

As for something that's already in the game, on the imperial side the agent rakata vendor armor looks really nice. The current field tech rakata set is very similar, it's white with black trim. The vendor though that sells rakata is black with white trim.

1- You have already so many green/blue Purple not modable good looking pieces.

Give us just tools which make them to empty orange adaptives and dye kit for recoloring.

2- Give us hood up/down option

3- Remove the ugly cube backpacks and schoulders/hooks from soldier chests.

4- Change the frontplate from the Chest of BH armor set which is placed in PTS Cartelshop

Edited by Orkaan

What I would like to see? Pants outfits similar to what Galen Marek wore in The Force Unleashed. Also. I would like to see the colors Black, Grey, Dark Blue and Purple available to the Republic. I seriously can't believe that the only way for me to wear an all black outfit is to play an Empire character. Do that, and I will be a happy customer. You can even charge for a color dye kit on the Cartel Market. I don't care. Just get one in.

And I agree with everybody else's suggestions in this thread.

On the Imperial Side, the RD-03A Recon or Hooligan Jackets. Having these limited to medium armor keeps any light armor wearer from dressing in a proper Imperial uniform. There is a white version of the uniform jacket I've only seen as a green that I'd love to see as an orange variant as well. ;)

YES to all of these...

Satele's outfit for Consulars would be amazing... ! Even if it was a reskin so that Satele's version remains unique.

I'd like to see the entire Aspiring Knight's set have a moddable version. The green set you get as mission rewards on Tython.

Plain black hood-up robes Palpatine style.

Hood down versions of the existing Jedi Knight robes and the classic robes worn by Tython NPc's would make this Jedi very happy.

…the "Green Jedi" robes worn on Corellia.

More pants for counselors and inqusitors.

Thana Vesh's outfit.

...the character creation screen armor of Jedi Knight.

Jawa robe (large robe that hides everything but hands and feet, turns face black and eyes glowing yellow)

Trooper armor from the Trooper character creation screen.

Security Key Vendor outfit from Imperial Fleet.

The Hoth Trooper gear ... Blue/White gear that looks identical to the "Outcast" trooper set that's craftable.

Hutball Jerseys. Orange adaptive armor that would change color based on your team.

Male slave outfit ... please.

Full body tattoos armor like this.

Plus..

To top it all off, a few lvl 1 head pieces with very low stats. Maybe a helm, a headband, a cowboy hat, an imperial cap and a nice pair of sunglasses that are worn as a headpiece.

I would like to see:

Revan's KOTOR gear + mask (yes there is a diffrence)

Sith warrior gear from the deceved/hope cinimatic (i have a thing for hood + mask combos)

Satele's outfit (nuff said on this one)

Black voss mystic robes (the one in the battle for illum FP....yes that one)

Ghillie suit for snipers (c'mon we all thought this at least once right?)

http://onfinite.com/libraries/1770529/25f.jpg <----------- thats a visual example of hood mask combo

Problem is in order to do this i have use light armor instead of Medium. I would of used the Voss mystic social robes as that is adaptive...However for reasons unknown to me they are white for the imperial classes, hence the desire for the "black voss mystic robes"

White Jedi Knight armor for sages. A clean white robe with the ability to wear the belt on the outside, most sage robes have the belt on the inside. The closest thing in the game right now is the Robe Of Deception and it's seemingly impossible to get. There are two good robes in the Cartel market already that sages can wear but I'd really like a white one. And no crazy shoulder pads.

I'd also like to see armored sage pants, similar to those the knights wear.

The imperial security key vendor on the imperial fleet has an awesome Assassin's Creed look, I'd like that too.

I'd like to see the Jedi in a more, what I like to call, original Trilogy look. More Tunics and shirts , less hoods and robes.

Luke, the only self-revealing Jedi in the OT, does not wear a hooded robe. That was Ben, when he was in hiding.

In fact, I'd love to see Luke's all-black outfit from ROTJ.

The trench coats/dusters that the imperials get...im thinking like the cademimu sharpshooters jacket (Imperial)

http://www.torhead.com/item/9GCv5xT/cademimu-sharpshooters-jacket#screenshots

Just make sure if this jacket is added, or the other version with the same appearance, the RD-04B Sharpshooter Jacket (http://www.torhead.com/item/4oZsyBG/rd-04b-sharpshooter-jacket), that it color matches to the colors on the jacket and not the color blind theme it has. I put this on a companion and color matched it. The result was bright LIME GREEN gloves, pants and boots on poor Gault.

The better color matched look would be that of Tamin, the Republic Security Key Vendor

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/2916.jpg

Edited by Flying-Brian

• More pants for inquisitors and consulars
  • Dark red sith robes and pure black/white jedi robes - some of these currently exist as low level green items (ex. gamorrean pilot's overcoat rep side and baktoid battle armor sith side)
  • Gunslinger's Headgear (black goggles) in different armor types - without a class restriction!
  • A medium armor version of Ancient Vindicator's headgear...and the same skin for empire side
  • More adaptive armor and more variation in hoods being on/off for both sides
  • An outfit similar to the Guard's Disguise outfit from the agent class quest "Economies of Scale" on Hutta

It'd be nice if the jawa robe from the light side consular quest option on Tatooine actually looked like a jawa robe, or if there was a jawa robe available somewhere else in game.

Also, electrostaves for assassins/shadows without penalties! :)

Edited by Emilyzo

You know, there are only a few sets of gear for each class in the game that look good, and by good I mean...

They look like they belong in Star Wars.

I don't really want to see any existing models that currently can't be modded to suddenly go orange.... I want to see armor that looks like something I'd expect to see in Star Wars. All the high end armor looks like something that the World of Warcraft team rejected because it looked too ridiculous even for them.

Whatever you offer on the Cartel network or whatever you're calling it, it should follow two rules... Bind to Legacy and No Social/Class/Faction restrictions. Those ruin everything when it comes to armor, why offer up adaptive armor and then lock it to a class? Makes no sense.

You know, there are only a few sets of gear for each class in the game that look good, and by good I mean...

They look like they belong in Star Wars.

I don't really want to see any existing models that currently can't be modded to suddenly go orange.... I want to see armor that looks like something I'd expect to see in Star Wars. All the high end armor looks like something that the World of Warcraft team rejected because it looked too ridiculous even for them.

Whatever you offer on the Cartel network or whatever you're calling it, it should follow two rules... Bind to Legacy and No Social/Class/Faction restrictions. Those ruin everything when it comes to armor, why offer up adaptive armor and then lock it to a class? Makes no sense.

The armor on the cartel market is tradeable unless you equip it and it is not restrictive to a class. Any class can wear it, it is just the mods that may have to be changed if you buy something and the mods aren't what you need. The only other restriction is level wise.

I apologize for being vague, and most likely getting anything I name very VERY wrong.

With that said, I'd love to get my hands on the jacket the SIS agent (Republic) wore during the last "event". Basically a Drelliad coat with a popped collar. Darker colors for the coat, whatever for the rest.

I know there is a lot of 'trench coat" or "long coat" love for smugglers, but I'd much prefer a look closer to Han Solo...specifically Bespin attire. There seems to be an attempt by the design team to create an "old west" feel to a lot of the Smuggler attire. I'd prefer staying a bit closer to the source material. I'm particularly jealous of the smugglers in the Coruscant cantina (by the vendors near the spaceport).

Again, sorry for the spewing of thoughts.

EDIT: Also, I'd LOVE a Smuggler Campaign jacket sans the scalloped butt plate. You guys were SO close on that one!

EDIT AGAIN: The Recruit PvP vendor (Smuggler) on the fleet.

Edited by Jakeeyes

How about good looking stuff that isn't level gated. I want to look a certain way throughout my story, not get to 50 and just spam endgame raids that have little story.

On that note, the trench coats that Agents can wear. Put one on the market for everyone.

Edited by maxetius

How about good looking stuff that isn't level gated.

Yes, this. And pants, for the love of God, some decent looking and easily available pants for Inquisitors. Pants that don't require Social VII and/or grinding Space Missions ad nauseum (and that unify their colors properly.) I just... cannot even describe the like, total Mrs. White* "flames on the side of my face" reaction I had when I realized that instead of the nice formal pants male Inquisitors can get at Social 1, my female SI got either another fancy skirt or a slave bikini.

Cool Smuggler jackets without the weird water floaty collar. And like someone said earler, a more classic Han Solo feel. Han was seriously stylin', even 35 years later he still looks good. Cross compatible with Agents, as it'd be nice to not always wear outfits that scream "I'm an Empire flunkie!" when you're supposed to be double dealing, etc..

For Force users - fewer robes with those insane shoulder pads and weird, excessive detailing. I'd like robes that actually look like they could function as battle gear, more streamlined and elegant. Funnily, I think some of the nicest gear is the starting stuff, with the wraparound tunics and sashes.

*this is a "Clue" reference, for anyone that's baffled.

No more recolored models - this is just a slap to the face

Other than that, KEEP IT SIMPLE.

We don't want shoulder pads with their own zipcodes.

People want it simple, think about how jedis, troopers are shown in the movies and other star wars games, like the force unleashed for example.

Same with colors - have you ever seen a jedi wearing blue/yellow? NO. Limit yourself mostly to darker colors, this isn't a cartoon. If that's still more complicated, the simplest way to put it would be

Jedi = monk with a sword

Monks don't wear fancy armor

Go make monk robes, but ones that don't look like something that a homeless person found in the trash (Sage/Shadow battlemaster gear). Stop making silly looking helmets, KEEP IT SIMPLE. The helmet for knight battlemaster pvp gear is probably the most terrible and out-of-place thing ever.

The helmet for war hero knight gear is....I'm not sure what the hell it's supposed to look like. Closest thing: king of mosquitoes.

You got the gear design right for pre-50 armor, but at level 50 the quality of design goes face down.

Looking at the gear, this is how it feels:

Level 1-10: my character is a padawan

Level 10-30: my character becomes stronger

Level 30-49: my character is awesome!

Level 50: my character is a retard

And I can't stress that enough - NO MORE RECOLORED EXISTING MODELS

Recolored set =/= new set

Recolored set = lazy way to make money, by hiring a random person for 2h and giving him a coloring book (i.e. bad)