Star Wars Episode 7 coming to cinemas 2015

Lord_Ravenhurst

I so much hope that they will destroy the Expanded Universe and all that Yuzhan Vong rubbish! And make sure Lucas is on the project :) Star Wars without him won't be the same.

He made Star Wars, the OT, and then turned it into "MEESA GUNNA DIE, MEESA GUNNA DIE".

No, they'd do well to keep him away from it.

Since Alexander Reed left the TOR team, they should hire him. The agent storyline was AWESOME.

He made Star Wars, the OT, and then turned it into "MEESA GUNNA DIE, MEESA GUNNA DIE".

No, they'd do well to keep him away from it.

Since Alexander Reed left the TOR team, they should hire him. The agent storyline was AWESOME.

It's Freed, not Reed. :p But he is awesomesauce.

Having said that I don't know if that makes him ideal for a new film writer.

Edited by chuixupu

As long as this nullifies the absolute crap that was the post ep.6 expanded universe, I'm okay with it.

Who knows, this might inspire a new series of post ep. 6 games that will actually be good.

Intriguing.....

So does this mean LucasArts now has to license the IP from Disney?

And much more importantly...does this mean Star Wars World in Florida? :D

Isn't there a Star Wars ride in MGM Studios? I haven't been there in almost two decades, but I'm sure there is one.

Edited by Merciter

I'd so much wish the new trilogy was based on the The Old Republic with our characters making masked cameos or being mentioned in the film (due to the fact they can have different appearances).

That would be cool. Or... Use those actors that were in the three SWTOR theatrical trailers. Those were good, and the direct reason for me to purchase my first MMO game.

Never mind the new film, will they be able to redo the prequels and replace that annoying guy (whose name I will never mention in polite company) with goofy. This couldn't make them worse and at least people expect goofy to be goofy.

Maybe this time they'll use actors that can actually act! :eek:

Hayden Christensen, you can sit this one out, man :p

Some of them can act (okay not many but a few), just dodgy scripting and direction, but Hayden was useless.

Edited by vereybowring

Some of them can act (okay not many but a few), just dodgy scripting and direction, but Hayden was useless.

Well of course Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor can act! But the person who thought Hayden was good enough should never, ever have anything to do with casting ever again.

Well of course Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor can act! But the person who thought Hayden was good enough should never, ever have anything to do with casting ever again.

Lucas was in an interview where he said he was actually too intimidated to give real direction to the actors. Throughout the entire prequel trilogy he usually just went with the first take because he didn't want to upset them by asking them to redo scenes. Explains a lot doesn't it?

Oh sweet jesus......what is going on in the world?!?! Disney and SW - don't mix!!

Now, we are getting a 7th film?!?! Why....dear god, why???

Agree with you completely. The "massive evil corporations" world is buying everything that is dear and good to us and turning into cheap heroin for masses - like the McDonald's french fries. A lot of you here are excited about this news but I will tell you what's going to happen. Disney dished 4 billion for this so they will bring the "how do we make most money" type of project leaders for this project. They will want to appeal to everyone, from 3 year old to 77 year old. In that attempt they will dumb down the movie, the story will be crap, and all that will be there is amazing, never before seen special effects. In that respect, it will be a lot like the current state of the gaming industry. And the franchise you all love so much will be destroyed by corporate greed... Oh yes we will all still go see it, but leaving the theater after seeing the movie we will feel sad and disappointed while Disney will wave their record breaking box office numbers as a proof of job well done. They will milk this cow until there is nothing left to milk any more.

SW Lore? EU? Original Stories? They will bend it all if some Harvard educated suit tell them that they will make more money this way... Nothing is out of the realm of possible. They will come up with some crap story how Darth Vader didn't really die at all if they calculate that that will bring record profits. Hell they will even mix SW with Marvel's Avengers if that's what will bring profits. I mean they own Marvel anyway why not? Money is everything, nothing else matters. You see it all around you, this game, other games, movies, etc.

Edited by MarkoJinn

You can consider me an optimist; but I'm going with the past history Disney has had with taking control of other franchises- and by-and-large they have done well. There will be changes; there would have been even if Lucas retained control and made a new set of movies himself. I love the Star Wars story, and completely understand the push for canonical purity desired by many. For me, and this is just me- I'll be happy with almost any movie just as long as Disney doesn't try to completely recreate what has already been produced. Disney has had a good record of not messing with what made a alternate universe so popular and loved, and breathed in new life to the stories they released on the silverscreen. Their powers-that-be seem to understand of what to play with, and what to keep their hands off of. If Lucas had to sell off to just about any other company- I would be worried. With Disney at the helm, I feel good.

With that being said, Timothy Zahn wrote an outstanding trilogy which would make a very good Star Wars saga. The X Wing books are also potentially a very good series of movies. Also, the time period of this game itself would lend itself well to a good movie.

Find a good director, find the right mix of actors, and I believe Disney will be able to pull off a highly satisfactory, profitable string of movies that will expand on what we have and continue the awesomeness that is Star Wars. There are always going to be disappointment that varies between individuals, inevitable unfortunately. Me, for now- I look forward to 2015 and beyond. I don't expect that to change.

Maybe with Disney taking control, they can exert pressure on EA to take better care of this game and its players. Such shuffling of priorities is probably just wishful thinking- but within the realm of possibility.

Edited by amaresch