Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

Yes. Legacy Datacron Unlock has NOTHING to do with achievements. What about that do you NOT comprehend? What does an achivement have anything to do with unlocking the datacron's on all your toon's as long as you already obtained them once on a toon? NOTHING. There is nothing involved with any achievements in that at all. It is no different than using Legacy Unlock for companion affection boost or fast travel boost. Not a single achivement involved.

It was just recently they very quickly spoke about it in one of their live events, it may have been at the Star Wars celebration one.

I dont know why people have to be condescending and rude about this issue. It is simple: If you don't want it, don't use it. End of problem. If it is somehow a problem for you that people can pay a fee to unlock datacrons on their alts, then I suggest some serious priority adjustment in your life. I grow very tired of a minority of players in this game acting like only THEIR way of doing and earning things is valid, and if someone else does it a different way they act like it somehow effects them, when it doesn't. People throwing tantrums over trivial nonsense. Worry about YOUR OWN game, and stay out of mine.

It sounds like you cannot provide a source or a link for your claim. Why am I not surprised?

IF it truly was addressed at one of their recent live events, then I'm sure you can find a link to back up your claim.

If you want everything handed to you without having to put any effort, then there are plenty of games out there that will hand you everything for no effort.

In this game, some things still have to be EARNED PER CHARACTER, and thankfully, the datacron stat bonuses are among those things.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you cannot provide a source or a link for your claim. Why am I not surprised?

IF it truly was addressed at one of their recent live events, then I'm sure you can find a link to back up your claim.

If you want everything handed to you without having to put any effort, then there are plenty of games out there that will hand you everything for no effort.

In this game, some things still have to be EARNED PER CHARACTER, and thankfully, the datacron stat bonuses are among those things.

So, just because I don't have a link for the live stream they mentioned it at, you are writing many sentences essentially calling me a liar? How utterly immature and ridiculous. And this is exactly what I just said about people like you and your rude, elitist, condescending attitudes in this game. It's really enough already. All they said was that it was on their wall. That's it. I am not going to scour for hours listening/watching every single live stream in the last few months to find it just to appease your obvious attitude problem.

Furthermore, you inject your obvious childish ego into the fold talking about "no effort" and yadda yadda "do it the hard way" etc etc. And again, if YOU want to earn things YOUR way, then do so, but do NOT begrudge others the possibility of doing it a different way. A different way that has zero effect on you, your life, or your game. It is none of your business frankly. If someone already obtained every single datacron on one toon both Imperial and Republic sides they obviously put in some work, and a nice reward would be paying a fee to unlock them on alts. Just like some of the other unlock rewards. This is no different. You clearly forgot it is a video game, not real life. You clearly forgot games are about having fun, not boasting your ego and "doing it the hard way". No one cares if you did it the long hard way, and if you really think you are special for doing it that way, you should seek some therapy. It's a video game.

If you are really so against this then you would be against ANY Legacy unlock., Period. Because all you care about is being "tough" and "doing it the hard way" nonsense. Tell you what buddy, life is hard enough for some of us. SOME of us just want to log in a video game and relax, escape, and enjoy. Not be bombarded by elitist, know it all's like yourself trying to tell us how to play our game and thinking they have some god given right to dictate to the entire rest of the games population how, why, and when they do everything in the game. A VIDEO GAME.

But, having a discussion with people like you is pointless. Something learned over the years of playing MMO's and observing the childishness that goes on in Gen Chat. You only come back with accusations and elitist attitudes.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Please provide your source and a link.

Links to statements that legacy datacrons will likely NOT be implemented have been provided may times in many threads regarding this subject.

I doubt very much that you can provide a link, and especially not anything that could even be remotely called "a recent link".

No, you are factually incorrect when you state this. The discussions you are speaking of were from comments stating the difficulty in implementing such a system, not the complete DISMISSAL that you are ham-fisting about.

Yes. Legacy Datacron Unlock has NOTHING to do with achievements. What about that do you NOT comprehend? What does an achivement have anything to do with unlocking the datacron's on all your toon's as long as you already obtained them once on a toon? NOTHING. There is nothing involved with any achievements in that at all. It is no different than using Legacy Unlock for companion affection boost or fast travel boost. Not a single achivement involved.

It was just recently they very quickly spoke about it in one of their live events, it may have been at the Star Wars celebration one.

I dont know why people have to be condescending and rude about this issue. It is simple: If you don't want it, don't use it. End of problem. If it is somehow a problem for you that people can pay a fee to unlock datacrons on their alts, then I suggest some serious priority adjustment in your life. I grow very tired of a minority of players in this game acting like only THEIR way of doing and earning things is valid, and if someone else does it a different way they act like it somehow effects them, when it doesn't. People throwing tantrums over trivial nonsense. Worry about YOUR OWN game, and stay out of mine.

The request was brought up at celebration, and comments were made pertaining to the difficulty of working with the codex and datacron systems. Apparently there are a lot of flags that are tied to the datacrons and codex entries you've cleared, its not *just* a database. Development of a legacy datacron system was not outright denied, but better clarified as to why we have not seen anything about it in a year while elaborating on some of the hurdles present in development, much to the troll's chagrin.

You're going to have a very hard time trying to sate the trolls, so I'd just report them, put them on ignore, and move on. While you're at it take a moment to give this thread a 5 star rating to show community interest in this thread.

Please provide your source and a link.

Links to statements that legacy datacrons will likely NOT be implemented have been provided may times in many threads regarding this subject.

I doubt very much that you can provide a link, and especially not anything that could even be remotely called "a recent link".

No, you are factually incorrect when you state this. The discussions you are speaking of were from comments stating the difficulty in implementing such a system, not the complete DISMISSAL that you are ham-fisting about.

Perhaps you could stop your personal attacks against anyone who has the audacity to oppose legacy datacron stats being legacy wide and actually READ their posts. You must have missed the "will LIKELY NOT happen" which is not a "complete dismissal", but rather a statement indicating that they MIGHT be implemented, but it would be unwise to hold your breath waiting for legacy wide datacron stat bonuses to be implemented.

There HAVE been links provided to indicate that at least one BW employee has stated that legacy wide datacron stat bonuses will not be implemented, though. I realize that many choose to dismiss these links and the statement they reference as it does not mesh with their desire to have the rewards that ONE character earned be simply HANDED to EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR CHARACTERS, PRESENT AND FUTURE.

So, just because I don't have a link for the live stream they mentioned it at, you are writing many sentences essentially calling me a liar? How utterly immature and ridiculous. And this is exactly what I just said about people like you and your rude, elitist, condescending attitudes in this game. It's really enough already. All they said was that it was on their wall. That's it. I am not going to scour for hours listening/watching every single live stream in the last few months to find it just to appease your obvious attitude problem.

You have in other threads demanded links and sources for statements which do not mesh with your desires to avoid even minimal effort, and yet you are unable to provide a source for your "claim", you choose to attack those asking for you to provide a source for your "claim"?

Furthermore, you inject your obvious childish ego into the fold talking about "no effort" and yadda yadda "do it the hard way" etc etc. And again, if YOU want to earn things YOUR way, then do so, but do NOT begrudge others the possibility of doing it a different way. A different way that has zero effect on you, your life, or your game. It is none of your business frankly. If someone already obtained every single datacron on one toon both Imperial and Republic sides they obviously put in some work, and a nice reward would be paying a fee to unlock them on alts. Just like some of the other unlock rewards. This is no different. You clearly forgot it is a video game, not real life. You clearly forgot games are about having fun, not boasting your ego and "doing it the hard way". No one cares if you did it the long hard way, and if you really think you are special for doing it that way, you should seek some therapy. It's a video game.

If you are really so against this then you would be against ANY Legacy unlock., Period. Because all you care about is being "tough" and "doing it the hard way" nonsense. Tell you what buddy, life is hard enough for some of us. SOME of us just want to log in a video game and relax, escape, and enjoy. Not be bombarded by elitist, know it all's like yourself trying to tell us how to play our game and thinking they have some god given right to dictate to the entire rest of the games population how, why, and when they do everything in the game. A VIDEO GAME.

But, having a discussion with people like you is pointless. Something learned over the years of playing MMO's and observing the childishness that goes on in Gen Chat. You only come back with accusations and elitist attitudes.

If you are so passionate about having the rewards earned by only ONE character simply HANDED to EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER A PLAYER HAS, PRESENT AND FUTURE, then you should also be in favor of simply handing an equal amount of credits to EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER A PLAYER HAS, PRESENT AND FUTURE whenever one character obtains any credits. After all they already put forth the effort to obtain those credits on ONE character. Why should they have to put forth the effort on every character?

You should also be in favor of awarding an equal amount of XP to EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER A PLAYER HAS, PRESENT AND FUTURE whenever ONE character earns any XP. After all they already put forth the effort to earn that XP on ONE character. Why should they have to put forth that effort on every character?

Why not simply boost every character to 60 once a player has reached 60? For that matter, why not simply boost EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER A PLAYER HAS, PRESENT AND FUTURE to the highest level achieved by any one character? After all, the player already put forth the effort to level ONE character. Why should they have to put forth that effort on every character?

Do you feel that you have the right to tell others how to play the game, and expect them to play the game YOUR WAY?

*Stuff*

I dug through your history, which Customer Support really should be doing as well, and found nothing going back to 2012 that shows you've posted anything that states what you are going on about. I did however find an intricate pattern behind your posts. Nothing constructive, always combative, constantly repetitive. This is publicly accessible information that *any* member of this forum can get access to.

Continue to flame other members of this community with walls of text, hyperbole, and nonsense and I'll continue to call you out for it. These are not your personal fighting pits to wage war with others.

Edited by -Snakesan-

Yes. Legacy Datacron Unlock has NOTHING to do with achievements.

Dude, the Datacron Master achievement is the basis behind most of these requests to have datacrons be made legacy wide. If not based on that, what would you base it on? Having a level 60 character? Logging into the game? Do you even take a fraction of a moment to think about what you are going to post?

I dug through your history, which Customer Support really should be doing as well, and found nothing going back to 2012 that shows you've posted anything that states what you are going on about. I did however find an intricate pattern behind your posts. Nothing constructive, always combative, constantly repetitive. This is publicly accessible information that *any* member of this forum can get access to.

Continue to flame other members of this community with walls of text, hyperbole, and nonsense and I'll continue to call you out for it. These are not your personal fighting pits to wage war with others.

I guess you didn't dig too hard. If you had, you would likely have found this:

I point you to this link:

http://torwars.com/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

Which includes the following:

-I asked if datacrons/codex etc. will be added to legacy in future. Datacrons no, achievements yes.

I also believe that Eric Musco has made a statement that legacy datacrons are highly unlikely as they would likely require the a compete redesign of the datacron system.

I have posted link in numerous threads regarding this subject.

BTW, I found that post in less than a minute using a very simple thing called the forum search tool.

Edited by Ratajack

If anyone is on Harbinger and would like some help getting any Datacrons or just want some company while you do I'd love to hear from you:

Republic - D'alari'ia

Imperial - F'alconi'ia

I can help with things like:

• All Ilum Datacrons in <10 minutes.
  • Makeb Datacron one-shot in about 12 minutes.
  • I can jump up to the Datacron and then pull you.
  • I have a good system for the Rakata Cubes for the Matrix Shard on Belsavis.
  • I have a character having a picnic on top of the sandcrawler on Tatooine that can pull you up.
  • If your level is too low (ie. Alderaan Endurance) I can handle that for you so you don't have to remember to come back for it later.

Some tips I can offer to assist you in your own Datacron gathering:

• Turn off sprint when jumping/pipewalking.
  • Ask others on-planet if they want to join you, it's more enjoyable with other people.
  • Gather the Datacrons while you're leveling instead of waiting until you're 60. The stats are more relevant and you can actually use the XP.
  • Now that all taxi stations are available it takes even less time to gather them if you only level through PvP or Flashpoints.
  • If you want the Datacron Master title, you only need to get them all ONCE, after that you really only need Endurance, Presence, and your Main Stat.

You asked for it. You got it.

And all the other stuff I mentioned. Get one character to Social 10? They all get it. Get one character to Valor 100? They all get it. Get any random character title on one character? They all get it. Get one character to Slicing 500? All my Slicers get it.

And all the other stuff I mentioned. Get one character to Social 10? They all get it. Get one character to Valor 100? They all get it. Get any random character title on one character? They all get it. Get one character to Slicing 500? All my Slicers get it.

Okay, let me list off these things:

Datacrons: This can take hours to do a Datacron on one planet (Especially the Belsavis Matrix Shard, I never got that one on my main because I've never even seen one of the required drops they are so incredibly low chance of dropping and I've had to abuse physics like knockbacks to get the Sandcrawler Datacrons because god only knows I tried that four times and every time the balloon bugged on me.) However, this is something every character goes through on an individual basis to improve stats. We all know Platforming in this game is not perfect and nothing is more frustrating than missing that one, single jump and having to do an entire datacron run over again because of that one mistake. After having to spend hours jumping around and sometimes hitting glitchy platforms that force me to restart the entire course, I think I'd like to pay to not have to do that again.

Social Level: Run Black Talon or Esseles, it's time consuming but very easy to unlock Social Rankings, you just need to group and Black Talon and Esseles are infamous for being the Social Run Flashpoints (AKA even level 60s will occasionally drag low-levels there so they can grind Social for whatever reason) Unless you are cripplingly anti-social, Social just takes a grind, not an obstacle course to get and shows the time you spend playing with other characters and therefore interacting with others.

Valor level: This is basically a measure of how much you PVP on any given character. I think my main is either 55 or 61, and this should never be a Legacy Unlock because it only reflects how much you PVP with that particular character. Getting Valor 100 on a Sniper does not equate well to something like a Juggernaut and it shouldn't.

Professions: Seriously? we're using this argument? Scrapping the bottom of the barrel here. If we made professions account wide we'd have esentially three times or more as many Bots and Credit Spam as we do. Why? Because Professions are where the real money comes from and if I could make it so unlocking 500 Artifice somehow got me 500 Artifice on every alt, I could literally just made 6 level 10 characters and have them all become credit farmers as I tell them to make me items. Hell, I already have a 60, I could even send them the materials. This should never become account-wide, it would destroy the Economy completely.

Making Legacy Datacrons would essentially give us a powerspike for Veterancy, we already get that in a sense if we unlocked a Cartel Set or Cartel Color Crystal (yea, not everyone has +82 Endurance, Power, or Crit rating at level 10 in case you forgot) whereas Professions would break the game in a very literal sense. We're not asking to break the game, we just don't want to be put through the ridiculous task of having to jump off a cliff twenty times and maybe hit that moving platform but, thanks to choppy physics, slide off and have to do it another twenty times to get it right.

Edited by Kuronan

I would like to see legacy datacrons, too. Once a datacron has been found, it should be available to any character that completes the class missions on a planet. It's a huge pain to search for every character. I made the mistake of not searching for every datacron on a planet as I was playing. To compound my failure is the problem of not knowing which datacrons were found on which toon. There is not legacy list of which datacrons were found by my toons. When I search, I have to go to everyone only to frequently discover that some have been found.

I made the mistake of not searching for every datacron on a planet as I was playing.

I'm sure we've all done this, I still do, and it's not a big deal. Mistakes happen and we learn from them. Once we've learned and they happen again the odd time we laugh them off.

To compound my failure is the problem of not knowing which datacrons were found on which toon. There is not legacy list of which datacrons were found by my toons. When I search, I have to go to everyone only to frequently discover that some have been found.

First, you didn't fail, you made a mistake, nobody's perfect.

Second, you do not have to go back and re-visit each one to see if you got it.

Third, here is what I do when I've missed Datacrons and need to find out which ones:

1. Bookmark and reference this site: http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/achievement-datacrons/11/
  2. Open Codex > Planets > Achievement: Datacrons - Here you can see what Datacrons your character has gotten via what Codex entries you have. *Note: Even though this section is called "Achievement: Datacrons" it's not like a regular achievement that is Legacy-wide, this tells you only which Datacrons you've picked up on the character you're currently on.
  3. Go planet-by-planet and see if you need any from each one (ie. 5/5 means you're 100% and 3/4 means you're missing one Datacron)
  4. If you're missing any from a planet, say, Quesh, you can now cross-reference the Codex entries in your list with the ones on the website above to see which one(s) you need.

It seems a little daunting at first but once you start doing it it's really easy to see which ones you still need to get.

I hope this helps and if you're on Harbinger and want some company or assistance getting any please look me up, I'd be happy to help out.

I'm sure we've all done this, I still do, and it's not a big deal. Mistakes happen and we learn from them. Once we've learned and they happen again the odd time we laugh them off.

First, you didn't fail, you made a mistake, nobody's perfect.

Second, you do not have to go back and re-visit each one to see if you got it.

Third, here is what I do when I've missed Datacrons and need to find out which ones:

1. Bookmark and reference this site: http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/achievement-datacrons/11/
  2. Open Codex > Planets > Achievement: Datacrons - Here you can see what Datacrons your character has gotten via what Codex entries you have. *Note: Even though this section is called "Achievement: Datacrons" it's not like a regular achievement that is Legacy-wide, this tells you only which Datacrons you've picked up on the character you're currently on.
  3. Go planet-by-planet and see if you need any from each one (ie. 5/5 means you're 100% and 3/4 means you're missing one Datacron)
  4. If you're missing any from a planet, say, Quesh, you can now cross-reference the Codex entries in your list with the ones on the website above to see which one(s) you need.

It seems a little daunting at first but once you start doing it it's really easy to see which ones you still need to get.

I hope this helps and if you're on Harbinger and want some company or assistance getting any please look me up, I'd be happy to help out.

Thanks for both the encouragement and the ideas. Your ideas helped me out a lot. I'll be earning my Datacron Master achievement soon.

Thanks for both the encouragement and the ideas. Your ideas helped me out a lot. I'll be earning my Datacron Master achievement soon.

Ah, cool man, great to hear something positive for a change. I think a major factor in this, and most things, is your attitude going into something. Good luck and if you're on Harbinger and want some help or some company look me up!

For each one of them you have to have that character do something in game so that character can get <X>. That's the point. Sure, they could have made any or all of them Legacy-based, but they did not.

Except for the Belsavis Datacrons and any that came after RotHC, every Datacron came before Legacy was even a concept, much less a mechanic in the game and before when Star Wars: The Old Republic was Subscription Only. I don't care if they made it a Legacy Unlock, an Account Unlock or a Character Perk but I'd really like a button that says 'If you pay us X amount of CCs or Credits (I don't care about the Credits, I will pay CCs if they ask for them on a Legacy or Account Unlock, Character Perks I will definitely consider it) you won't have to do every datacron for your class or all of the datacrons in the game you've already gotten.'

I just really don't want to drag my Trooper through all the ridiculous crap I put my Sorcerer through, especially with the Moving Platform ones and the Sandcrawler ones (God help me if they hotfixed it so I can't get Extricated/Rescued onto the Sandcrawler and just pay someone because I always glitch on that damn balloon)

Edited by Kuronan

I just really don't want to drag my Trooper through all the ridiculous crap I put my Sorcerer through

Then don't. Your "problem" is solved. Explain why you "need' these datacrons on all your characters, especially STR/WIL on tech character and AIM/CUN on Force characters.

So we'll just add you to the too lazy, cannot be bothered.

They really aren't important, yet they are so important I must have them side of the argument then?

We have options to buy Priority Transports to our Daily Planets even during a time we have terminals on those same planets that connect us to the other Daily Zones. I would not underestimate the lengths some people would go to in order to avoid certain efforts (I personally do like having the Starship Transportation but other than that, I see no point in buying the other Priority Transports)

In some cases however, one must either exploit systems (Tatooine Sandcrawler Datacrons) hire help (Belsavis Green Matrix Shard because god knows you aren't going to find all of the drops unless you spend literal Days grinding for them) or go through hours of tedious and overly complicated scenarios to obtain datacrons (I remember the Empire +4 Willpower Datacron on Corellia giving me even more trouble than the Makeb +10 Endurance Datacron, and at least on Makeb I could have a better gauge of where things were at any given time.)

I would pay any price BioWare asked of me to be able to just unlock the Datacrons for my Legacy and never have to think about it again.

Edited by Kuronan

Then don't. Your "problem" is solved. Explain why you "need' these datacrons on all your characters, especially STR/WIL on tech character and AIM/CUN on Force characters.

I saw a post here once that showed how other classes main stat still benefits you at 25% of its effective number or something like that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.