Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

Hench

Can a CS please respond to this thread with an update? Do your in-game Game Masters/CS have the ability to just award the mission as complete if we submit a ticket, rather than just close them?

There must be something that can be done so we can continue to enjoy the game?!

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO response - even when patch notes are updated on server.... not looking good.

WELLL - for me - this is a show stopper. I have not YET hit this bug... but I don't want to so I'll just go work on something else... Really a bummer though.

but as others have said... this is a bit of a bummer to see a game-stopping bug not get the priority it should have, so near launch while other "little" things are being tweaked which can wait. Game stopping bugs should be first, and if many eyeballs can't find the code flaws... get more eyeballs on it :-)

I for one am keeping a close eye on this issue as its a show-stopper. Hopefully we can get an "official" reply back soon with an explanation of why its not addressed in the patch and what they are doing about this.

I know I've been stuck for about 5 days due to this. Not once in my time in any other game in 12 years of playing Mmo's have I seen such a poor implemetation of customer service. In other games an issue like this would have been hot fixed within a day tops.

What they really should do is just give people the marks for the days they missed. Better yet, just give us the gear. After screwing up so big Bioware it's the least you can do. You may think this is no big deal but as main tank of my guild I can't fall behind the rest of my crew otherwise it will make tanking all that much harder. You have to address this problem and stop ignoring it.

Seems like there needs to be a section in the patch notes letting people know what major known issues they still dont have fixed at least. I dont want to get my PT up to this point and be stuck, so I've been kind of taking my time as I level up.. Up to about 47 now and starting to get a lil worried.

It would be quicker for me to start another BH and get that to level 50 again before a fix is implemented. At least customer support got back to my ticket about this though;

"Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0 and I have received your transmission.

Thank you for contacting us with this bug report. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter whilst playing the game.

Galactic Support is our specialty..."

Utterly demoralising. The patch notes are a joke. They preach that it contains many priority fixes then list crap like baby names in them.

I just want to continue with the story on Ilum, do my dailies and continue to enjoy a game I really do love.

Is that too much to ask? For you to a) respond with something that is not drivel and b) fix an issue that the game should never have been launched with.

Anyway... To reiterate the useful information in this thread that was disseminated: To avoid this bug, choose the light-side option and kill the Darth at the end of your quest line. Apparently there is no long term consequence aside from gaining LS points. No titles or special things, only an extra battle. (If you have evidence to the contrary, please let us know.)

If you've advanced to this point in the class quest (I have not) please post your experience so we can all be more educated as to what this entails. And submit detailed bug reports in game if you are stuck with the bug. This is the way to help them help us. They just haven't solved the puzzle.

To the people who think that finding a logic error among innumerable lines of code that call innumerable methods/functions that are used by all classes and both factions (for instance the trooper's smoke grenade and the bounty hunter's oil slick likely call the same section of code at some point to distribute the same mathematical effect), i give up on trying to convince you. You win gratz. Also, this isn't the first patch... its at least the 3rd or 4th since early access started.

TL;DR - lern2readfaster.

P.S. Is anyone but me tired of reading the word drivel on internet forums?

Edited by Jikahn

Anyway... To reiterate the useful information in this thread that was disseminated: To avoid this bug, choose the light-side option and kill the Darth at the end of your quest line. Apparently there is no long term consequence aside from gaining LS points. No titles or special things, only an extra battle. (If you have evidence to the contrary, please let us know.)

If you've advanced to this point in the class quest (I have not) please post your experience so we can all be more educated as to what this entails. And submit detailed bug reports in game if you are stuck with the bug. This is the way to help them help us. They just haven't solved the puzzle.

To the people who think that finding a logic error among innumerable lines of code that call innumerable methods/functions that are used by all classes and both factions (for instance the trooper's smoke grenade and the bounty hunter's oil slick likely call the same section of code at some point to distribute the same mathematical effect), i give up on trying to convince you. You win gratz. Also, this isn't the first patch... its at least the 3rd or 4th since early access started.

TL;DR - lern2readfaster.

Where do you even start with this post? They do NOT need to look through innumerable lines of code, they do NOT have innumerable methods and functions to check. You yourself just gave the EXACT recreation for the bug. The bug exists, it occurs 100% of the time.

Patch 1.01 is the first major patch, there have been hot fixes but no patches prior to this one.

This bug should be a priority to fix, baby names are not more important, nor is the majority of the other fixes that were applied to this patch. If you are unable to continue with the game the bug that is preventing this should be addressed. Not left since late Beta.

Edited by Mauridius

I'm not even going to quote, or argue with what others have said. This just flat out sucks, and the patch notes are just more salt in the already huge wound. I am seriously just enraged to see some of the minor things they patched up, while this should come across as much more urgent... I just, I couldn't believe what I was reading this morning.

Mauridius, dude seriously you haven't contributed one construct post in this entire thread (I checked). I posted in this thread 2 posts after you first post. All you've done is moan. Now I'm looking to see if there is an ignore feature on this forum.

You have no idea what programming, anything, entails. I do. I don't have time to give you a comp sci class. Just because you can point to the UI and say clicking *A* or *B* causes *C*, doesn't mean it's easy to find the actual logic error. I know its hard to wrap your head around that, but there is a lot going on after you make that click that you never see and it does cause innumerable lines of code to be executed.

Edited by Jikahn

I would strongly suggest to first go and test in game if the problem still exists, before complaining about patch notes.

It is common that changes are missing from patch notes, simply because the one writing them forgot to put them in or didn't know about them, so it is safer to check things like this in game.

Edited by Dextral

Dude seriously you haven't contributed one construct post in this entire thread (I checked). I posted in this thread 2 posts after you first post. All you've done is moan. Now I'm looking to see if there is an ignore feature on this forum.

You have no idea what programming, anything, entails. I do. I don't have time to give you a comp sci class. Just because you can point to the UI and say clicking *A* or *B* causes *C*, doesn't mean it's easy to find the actual logic error. I know its hard to wrap your head around that, but there is a lot going on after you make that click that you never see and it does cause innumerable lines of code to be executed.

Simply brilliant, it does not call innumerable lines of code. The debug from a developer machine will show them where the code is breaking down, it does not simply produce a million lines of code and shrug. Applying a fix to a broken mission is as simple as coding gets, you are simply missing a trigger.

The issue a developer will have with this bug will actually be with those users whom have completed the mission and will no longer activate that trigger.

Like I have said in other posts this is not a development/testing issue it is a priority issue. They are fixing bugs they believe are a higher priority than this one.

Oh and like the many others in this thread we have the right to complain that no fix has been applied. As countless people have already said, this bug was found in Beta and a fix is still not here! The only reason this thread is not bloated with even more BH's is that the majority of the population is still in the middle of their stories

I would strongly suggest to first go and test in game if the problem still exists, before complaining about patch notes.

It is common that changes are missing from patch notes, simply because the one writing them forgot to put them in or didn't know about them, so it is safer to check things like this in game.

If they fixed it they would have made an official post about it. Which means they value the baby names a lot more than fixing major bugs. Good job BioWare, your great at prioritizing!

Edited by Nemonia