Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

Hench

Hi everyone. We are sorry that you are currently experiencing this issue. Please be aware that this is a known issue and our dev team is actively working on a fix, as it is a high priority issue. Thank you for your patience.

Update: Apologies, this is not on the known issues thread (yet), but it is still an issue that our dev team is working on to fix. We're going to work on updating the known issues thread shortly.

My character is a male Bounty Hunter. Not exactly reassuring when you obviously haven't found the source of the problem since its affecting both genders.

Edited by Nemonia

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark IV BH here, also bugged. Killed the Chancellor and told Tormen that the Empire would have to pay like everyone else if they wanted me to work for them in the future.

We should be compensated for this, but I've already resigned myself to the expectation that they'll *eventually* patch it so that we can move forward, apologize for "any inconvenience this bug may have caused" us and never look back.

Having to write tickets and wait... and wait for a resolution - that's an inconvenience. What about the disadvantage vs. other classes we're now faced with, just as our fellow guildies are gearing up to do operations and hard mode FPs? Being left in the dust w.r.t. gear is not a mere inconvenience.

Once they finally get this figured out, I'd like to see them issue each BH the amount of commedations that could have been earned since the day each dinged 50. I could careless of a title or the simple completing of the mission... I care that they created a currency that is only obtainable through a limited means and I am at my 8th day as 50 and still not able to earn this currency...

For the haters/fanboi's: Bugs that I have come across have been reported and I move on not going to hear any complaints from me. Bugs that break the game... different story.

Once they finally get this figured out, I'd like to see them issue each BH the amount of commedations that could have been earned since the day each dinged 50. I could careless of a title or the simple completing of the mission... I care that they created a currency that is only obtainable through a limited means and I am at my 8th day as 50 and still not able to earn this currency...

For the haters/fanboi's: Bugs that I have come across have been reported and I move on not going to hear any complaints from me. Bugs that break the game... different story.

Quoted for truth. Taking off work to level with friends only to find it was all pointless has left me fuming. Compensation would only be fair at this point.

Edited by doodirock

yup yup, 50 merc for days, broke~. I actually didn't think there was any problem until I saw this other merc doing quests on Ilum that I had never seen, so I asked him. He told me we are supposed to get a quest that sends you to Ilum... so I started digging...sad story.

This quest is far away for me, but I'm trying to get this straight incase it is not fixed by the time I get to it. If you kill the chancellor, you are bugged. if you take the lightside option and kill the darth, you are ready to proceed. Does this have any effect other than getting a bit of lightside points? I so far have not made 1 lightside decision, but I will take the hit on this quest if there are no other repercussions.

Was anyone who did not get the Ilum dailies able to pick up the Belsavis ones? Apparently those give daily commendations too.

Also, I would recommend against using the in-game support system regarding this. My response was DEEP into the unsatisfactory line of things and just adds to the quene for CS for others. My advice: If you have any game breaking problems, bump your threads here until a yellow posts in it.

I said in beta several times that this game was not ready for launch but instead of holding it back you pushed it up and now an entire class is screwed. I regret buying the Collectors Edition and am seriously considering quitting this game before it even started. Good job Bioware. Hope you are happy with your buggy *** game.

You people threatening to quit over bugs in an MMO launch seriously have no perspective. This was a good launch and maybe they just haven't found the cause yet. It's Bioware doing the coding, they are solid. I'm sure this is a top priority, unless there is something more serious. I have a level 40 bh and I'm upset too, just try to keep the video game butthurt to a minimum its really immature even for the internet. One thing with MMOs is that bugs like this one will get fixed. Not so much in the average game.

Do we want it fixed ASAP? Yes.

Is it unacceptable? Yes.

Does **** like this happen in every MMO released to date? Yes.

Deal with it. Or threaten to quit, knowing that you won't. Or threaten to quit, knowing that you will. Or just quit. If they knew what was causing it exactly, it would be fixed by now. . . Fixing logic errors is 95% figuring out what the hell is really going on besides "Oh if I choose light side it doesn't happen."

You people threatening to quit over bugs in an MMO launch seriously have no perspective. This was a good launch and maybe they just haven't found the cause yet. It's Bioware doing the coding, they are solid. I'm sure this is a top priority, unless there is something more serious. I have a level 40 bh and I'm upset too, just try to keep the video game butthurt to a minimum its really immature even for the internet. One thing with MMOs is that bugs like this one will get fixed. Not so much in the average game.

Is it unacceptable? Yes.

Deal with it. Or threaten to quit, knowing that you won't. Or threaten to quit, knowing that you will. Or just quit. If they knew what was causing it exactly, it would be fixed by now. . . Fixing logic errors is 95% figuring out what the hell is really going on besides "Oh if I choose light side it doesn't happen."

I guess seeing how you are kissing their *** they may fix the bug just for you. If a game breaking bug is reported in Beta it should have been fixed long before anyone even touched the quest. I am pretty certain that any main story quests would have been fixed pretty much immediately in ever other MMO by now. Random quest bugs are acceptable early in release for any MMO, game breaking issues are not.

The only thing that makes sense in your drivel is that this is completely unacceptable.

If you had read the earlier parts of this thread the exact cause has already been listed. We are not their internal test team and we damn sure aint Beta testers any longer.

FIX THE DAMN BUG

Edited by Mauridius

Also, I would recommend against using the in-game support system regarding this. My response was DEEP into the unsatisfactory line of things and just adds to the quene for CS for others. My advice: If you have any game breaking problems, bump your threads here until a yellow posts in it.

Don't listen to this people, while I'm not certain how bioware handle the prioritization of problems solving, the amount of tickets submitted with likely be taken into account, NOT how many people are ************ on the forum.

The tickets are just being pushed up to the developers anyway so its not like its diverting GM attention that long.

Submit tickets.

Don't listen to this people, while I'm not certain how bioware handle the prioritization of problems solving, the amount of tickets submitted with likely be taken into account, NOT how many people are ************ on the forum.

The tickets are just being pushed up to the developers anyway so its not like its diverting GM attention that long.

Submit tickets.

The tickets are just getting closed with no further response regarding it. Its ridiculous to not have fixed it before the release.

Does this affect the ability to get hard mode flashpoints, as i thought boarding party was one of ones that is available as hard mode, but dont get asked whether i wish it to be in hard mode.

Although that could be because i skipped over the flashpoints on normal, do hard modes only become available after you do them on normal

Edited by Roceh

This quest is far away for me, but I'm trying to get this straight incase it is not fixed by the time I get to it. If you kill the chancellor, you are bugged. if you take the lightside option and kill the darth, you are ready to proceed. Does this have any effect other than getting a bit of lightside points? I so far have not made 1 lightside decision, but I will take the hit on this quest if there are no other repercussions.

Same question as this guy, which nobody has answered. Is there anything long-term to the choice you make other than the LS/DS points you get? I'm willing to completely screw up my story ending (from a DS standpoint) just to be able to keep playing the damn game if I have to, and take some LS points that I don't want. I just don't want to pick the LS choice and find that it affects my future questing options.

I just did this quest. Stuff was falling apart, so I kinda missing the part about using the escape pod to get picked up by the Tyrant. Instead I ran to the hangar and clicked a door that took me to my ship. I am now stuck with no way to get back onto the Founder so that I can use an escape pod to get to the Tyrant. (Light Side) Ticket is submitted, but I am really concerned because it doesn't seem like there has been any customer service response on other issues to this quest. I am now chilling on the Corellia Orbit Station staring at the ship that originally took you to the Founder. I click it, but nothing happens. Part my bad, part *** how can this happen... please help.

Is it unacceptable? Yes.

All MMO's have bugs on launch. This is 100% true. However, I can not think of one example of a bug of this magnitude being in an MMO that keeps one class from advancing.

Seriously, name one other MMO where people have had to just stop playing for a week because the game bugs out and gives them nothing else to do.

All MMO's have bugs on launch. This is 100% true. However, I can not think of one example of a bug of this magnitude being in an MMO that keeps one class from advancing.

Seriously, name one other MMO where people have had to just stop playing for a week because the game bugs out and gives them nothing else to do.

Due to the fact that it was a known bug in the beta just makes it worse. Everyone was expecting bugs but something like this is game breaking and the fact that they didn't do anything about it and still haven't is bad...

Same question as this guy, which nobody has answered. Is there anything long-term to the choice you make other than the LS/DS points you get? I'm willing to completely screw up my story ending (from a DS standpoint) just to be able to keep playing the damn game if I have to, and take some LS points that I don't want. I just don't want to pick the LS choice and find that it affects my future questing options.

It has no long term effects. If anything, the LS choice actually extends your class quest by giving you one last battle. This could change in future chapters but so far there really aren't many, if any, game altering decisions.

I just did this quest. Stuff was falling apart, so I kinda missing the part about using the escape pod to get picked up by the Tyrant. Instead I ran to the hangar and clicked a door that took me to my ship. I am now stuck with no way to get back onto the Founder so that I can use an escape pod to get to the Tyrant. (Light Side) Ticket is submitted, but I am really concerned because it doesn't seem like there has been any customer service response on other issues to this quest. I am now chilling on the Corellia Orbit Station staring at the ship that originally took you to the Founder. I click it, but nothing happens. Part my bad, part *** how can this happen... please help.

Have you tried resetting the quest from your log?