Should I return?

Trrixx

well as a returning player myself i figured id put my little 2 cents in.

i returned last week end from a 6 month break, my main issues with the game were the fact there was no dungeon finder for pve, (yet they had one for pvp...) and my server at the time (Niman) was completely dead. now i have been moved to ToFN where its much more active.

these issues have now finally been fixed, however saying that....

in the past i didnt have any issues with lag or loading screens freezing, or random crashes to desktop, which i am currently experiencing. these new issues do kind of annoy me when it happens but its not going to make me quit again.

so if u can handle random crashes and freezing loading screens then go for it. otherwise dont bother.

tbh your question is a little vague, might want to add why u stopped playing in the first place and then people can tell you if these issues have been looked at.

I also just returned. Somehow I missed swtor. However I found that they put a very high number of bugs in 1.4 that weren't present before. They are so numerous that the bugs that bug me have not even been acknowledged as bugs and I am still wondering if they are bugs or intentional changes (gunslinger sounds especially charged burst).

Everything else are minor annoyances, like the switched teams on huttball the interface not disappearing during loading screens, the sound stutter in space missions etc (as I said the list is very long, there are threads about that here).

my advice for you is: if you love the gunslinger and you are not willing to play another until they fix the sounds, don't return. If you can live with not playing the gunslinger until the sounds are back where they were then: yes.

(ps: does it show how fond I was of the charged burst sound?)

Edited by macumba

About 2 months ago I took a hiatus from SWTOR. So, would anyone mind catching me up to speed on what has changed in the past 2 months and if returning as a level 47 is a good idea or not.

Yes, absolutely. Give it another try, and please tell your friends as well. Something BIG is on the horizon that you and others may appreciate....

I think we are all at the point where we should care. we are here because we like the game. however diminishing player numbers may or may not get in the way of our fun. so people should stop with the "players are expendable"-attitude as we are already low on budget. (wait times on dungeon finder, war zones, finding raids it's all becoming difficult and at least in germany there's nothing left to merge)

I also welcome every returner.

I never cancelled my subscription for those 2 months :p

If you have an active sub with a lvl 47 toon, then what's the point of asking other people about the game's current status? Go play for 1 hour and then you'll know.

Edited by Cretinus