HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

I would like a link to back up that claim. No where I read does it suggest that one you unlock him on one. You unlock him at all. If anything it suggests you're have to re-do the entire thing again. If you have a good source link that say's that then that's something different.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=547883

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-legacy-perks-w-cartel-coins/

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says

SWTOR Legacy Perks unlocked with Cartel Coins – a list! It is interesting to note that HK-51 is unlockable via legacy (I am assuming once you done the quest at least once) on a per character basis for 1 mil credits or 350 CC.

The problem is

A: He assumes. Meaning not fact, based.

B: It's confusion. If you do the whole series or quest. Do you have to go through all the other work to do him on an alt ONLY if you have a million credits to unlock him or 350 CC

I don't know about you but people are going to be go through they're free coins very quickly. That's 350 for one legacy. If he doesn't come unlocked like how when you unlock one thing on one legacy. They are not unlocked on other. It's reasonable to assume you have to unlock at one million each for each alt.

I don't know about you. That's pretty high priced.

It says

SWTOR Legacy Perks unlocked with Cartel Coins – a list! It is interesting to note that HK-51 is unlockable via legacy (I am assuming once you done the quest at least once) on a per character basis for 1 mil credits or 350 CC.

The problem is

A: He assumes. Meaning not fact, based.

B: It's confusion. If you do the whole series or quest. Do you have to go through all the other work to do him on an alt ONLY if you have a million credits to unlock him or 350 CC

I don't know about you but people are going to be go through they're free coins very quickly. That's 350 for one legacy. If he doesn't come unlocked like how when you unlock one thing on one legacy. They are not unlocked on other. It's reasonable to assume you have to unlock at one million each for each alt.

I don't know about you. That's pretty high priced.

My gosh man. People have already unlocked him at level one on the PTS, which btw have all been converted to F2P to test everything out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=549507

Just accept it, once you unlock him one time you will be able to unlock him on any of your alts for either 1 million credits or 350 CC. Consider all the free CC Bioware is giving everyone, it is cheap.

You do realize that after you unlock HK-51 on one character, you can unlock him on a level 1 alt, right?:rolleyes:

At a million credits / 350 CC per alt, that's pretty ridiculous. Why shouldn't it be as easy as sending the completed HK directly to the alt I want to have it? Oh, I know, because then they couldn't milk us for more money.

:rolleyes:

My gosh man. People have already unlocked him at level one on the PTS, which btw have all been converted to F2P to test everything out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=549507

Just accept it, once you unlock him one time you will be able to unlock him on any of your alts for either 1 million credits or 350 CC. Consider all the free CC Bioware is giving everyone, it is cheap.

I'm confused.

This is what the poster said

Take a look here: http://imgur.com/L0JYx

HK-51's gear still requires level 50 despite it having all of it equipped. Its armor rating is 0. None of its stats are actually being applied to it.

Other than that, unlocking HK-51 for other characters in your legacy seemed pretty painless. It becomes a 1 million credit/350 CC character unlock after obtaining HK-51 on a level 50 character. After unlocking, HK-51 is immediately available for tasking.

End Quote

That means it becomes 1 million credits AFTER obtaining HK-51 on a level 50 and it's Gear is applied to level 50 stats. One million or 350 CC. So I can now jump for joy because after I unlocked him on one time quest series. I can now unlock him on additional toons for a MILLION credits each.

You and I have a far different view of what "unlocked" means. I thought it meant he is able to be unlocked and played. Yours does too.. slightly. Expect to mention I have to have a million credits or 350 coins. Kinda a high price for just a companion.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

At a million credits / 350 CC per alt, that's pretty ridiculous. Why shouldn't it be as easy as sending the completed HK directly to the alt I want to have it? Oh, I know, because then they couldn't milk us for more money.

we are not talking about a pet where you can just collect the egg on four different spawn locations for a few days and send them to everyone and their mother, we're talking about an 'epic' companion the 'die hard' Old Republic fans are dying to get.

it MUST be relatively hard to optain, or else those 'die hard' fans will ragequit. and thankfully BW knows how epic HK really is.

It's not that you have anything to lose going to a PVP area. In PVP there's no equipment wear. People can't loot you. Worst thing that could happen to you is that you have to go in several times and lose, say, 15 minutes.

That's it.

There are no consequences. Unless you feel ashamed that you get owned but why would you care about it when you do not PVP?

Honestly I don't care that there is no wear, I have more than enough credits to cover that even if there was. I don't pay my sub to be somebody else's content. I don't like PvP in MMOs so I rolled on a PvE server only to discover that even there some PvE content (first during the Rakghoul event and now with HK-51) requires me to be PvP flagged - that is disappointing.

we are not talking about a pet where you can just collect the egg on four different spawn locations for a few days and send them to everyone and their mother, we're talking about an 'epic' companion the 'die hard' Old Republic fans are dying to get.

it MUST be relatively hard to optain, or else those 'die hard' fans will ragequit. and thankfully BW knows how epic HK really is.

But apparently it's not hard to get if you have enough money (creds or cash) to do it. Ragequit on that die hards.

I'm confused.

This is what the poster said

Take a look here: http://imgur.com/L0JYx

HK-51's gear still requires level 50 despite it having all of it equipped. Its armor rating is 0. None of its stats are actually being applied to it.

Other than that, unlocking HK-51 for other characters in your legacy seemed pretty painless. It becomes a 1 million credit/350 CC character unlock after obtaining HK-51 on a level 50 character. After unlocking, HK-51 is immediately available for tasking.

End Quote

That means it becomes 1 million credits AFTER obtaining HK-51 on a level 50 and it's Gear is applied to level 50 stats. One million or 350 CC. So I can now jump for joy because after I unlocked him on one time quest series. I can now unlock him on additional toons for a MILLION credits each.

You and I have a far different view of what "unlocked" means. I thought it meant he is able to be unlocked and played. Yours does too.. slightly. Expect to mention I have to have a million credits or 350 coins. Kinda a high price for just a companion.

350 is NOT a lot of CC considering how many Bioware is giving people. He is playable at level 1 after you unlock him already. The gear is supposed to be adaptive and it is a bug on the PTS that it isn't right now, if you had taken the time to read that entire 5 post thread you would have realized that.

If you are confused by this you are just being dense.

But apparently it's not hard to get if you have enough money (creds or cash) to do it. Ragequit on that die hards.

thanks for reinforcing my point. people ARE already complaing about that option, and here we have the people who claim it's too expensive still

350 is NOT a lot of CC considering how many Bioware is giving people. He is playable at level 1 after you unlock him already. The gear is supposed to be adaptive and it is a bug on the PTS that it isn't right now, if you had taken the time to read that entire 5 post thread you would have realized that.

If you are confused by this you are just being dense.

I have 8 alt's. I've finished virtually every class quest expect for Jedi, and Trooper.

After I unlock him. 1 million in credits is a massive amount. Why are you down playing this and 350 coins is alot. I only have about 1100 coins in total. It's going to shave off pretty quickly if I'm buying XP boosts.

Yes you are right about able to unlock him AFTER you done the quest line once. You're misinforming about how. I have a ton of legacy perks right now I have never unlocked because the price is too high. When you're sitting there with no coins. It makes a big difference.

It should be unlocked on all your toons once you buy him ONCE. It sounds like it's going to be seperate. I don't know about you I don't have bundles of credit stocked up or cartel coins..why are we even buying him on legacy. We've already unlocked him by doing the quest line..

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

Oh jesus christ. :rolleyes:

Now we have people complaining because they aren't going to be given HK-51 on 48 different alts.

No, not at all. I'm just saying, think about it. 2500 CC isn't much. And we still don't know the prices on a lot of things so, it could be worth even less.

:cool: