HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

This is ridiculous whining...

Yes, you'll have to go into a PvP area. Gasp! You know what? You'll also have to do a normal flashpoint, a Hard Mode Flashpoint, and some open world content.

This is just like whining that you can't get Dread gear in the warzones or war hero gear in operations. Should I complain that i'm being FORCED to pvp to get war hero gear?

There are some rewards for doing content. Some incentive to do that content.

Bioware is not forcing you to do anything. They're just putting in a reward for those that take advantage of all the content. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

So much whining....

I agree But the I DESERVE IT AND I DON"T WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!!! Crybabies will cry and whine till something is changed about it... they have ruined soooooo many things in other games and i have no doubt they will try and ruin it here to

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous whining...

Yes, you'll have to go into a PvP area. Gasp! You know what? You'll also have to do a normal flashpoint, a Hard Mode Flashpoint, and some open world content.

This is just like whining that you can't get Dread gear in the warzones or war hero gear in operations. Should I complain that i'm being FORCED to pvp to get war hero gear?

There are some rewards for doing content. Some incentive to do that content.

Bioware is not forcing you to do anything. They're just putting in a reward for those that take advantage of all the content. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

So much whining....

This is not a war zone. It's a virtual game. Where people who have been here since launch. Put their hard earned money to pay for a sub that goes and pays for the salary of people creating this job. It's discouraging to have to jump through hoops on fire to get it.

I'll still get it. I can bribe people with credits to "carry" me in PVE. I have the PVP part down. It's not ultra hard just time consuming. I don't want have go through all these mazes to get a quest that's been teasing for months now. It's a video game.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

This is not a war zone. It's a virtual game. Where people who have been here since launch. Put their hard earned money to pay for a sub that goes and pays for the salary of people creating this job. It's discouraging to have to jump through hoops on fire to get it.

I'll still get it. I can bribe people with credits to "carry" me in PVE. I have the PVP part down. It's not ultra hard just time consuming. I don't want have go through all these mazes to get a quest that's been teasing for months now. It's a video game.

You don't want to invest the time. Thats all it boils down to. I've played just as long. And here is a game thats trying to make people stick around to pay the salaries of those people you mentioned. You don't do that by just giving out high tier rewards. Games don't survive that way.

If its not ultra hard, then why are you complaining about hoops of fire? Because you don't want to actually play the game to earn the rewards? Then I hate to say it, but your time with SWTOR is probably over. They are teasing it so that people will spend the time. To help jump start world pvp. To encourage people to use the group finder and do flashpoints. To encourage people to play the game.

More quests like this will help the game prosper. And I don't believe a single person here who is saying "if its like this at launch, i'm going F2P". They're either going F2P already, or they'll keep subbing. They just hope Bioware will go "Oh no! They won't pay! Quick, make it easier to get! Give them campaign items too!".

I can't wait to do this quest. To get a group excited about some flashpoints. To rally up some people at the speeder to knock the PK Guild off the vendor. To butcher the republic guy that stealthed up. To run when his friends come to back him up.

Good stuff.

It is a mini-game, calling it anything else would be a delusion.

PvP is a mini-game the same way Operations and Flashpoints are a mini-game. The majority of the main game is questing with a companion. Grouping up for a couple quests an area and flashpoints, why, that isn't how the game is designed!

The fact that all of the endgame gear is designed around PvP and Operations shows both to be essential main-game elements of SWTOR.

To argue otherwise is naive.

PvP is a mini-game the same way Operations and Flashpoints are a mini-game. The majority of the main game is questing with a companion. Grouping up for a couple quests an area and flashpoints, why, that isn't how the game is designed!

The fact that all of the endgame gear is designed around PvP and Operations shows both to be essential main-game elements of SWTOR.

To argue otherwise is naive.

Questing and instances are the game. You cannot truly opt out of that. It is the game. You can opt out of PvP completely, you have servers to reduce the impact of the mini-game and PvPers are confined to their warzones in most cases. Endgame gear has nothing to do with PvP being a mini-game or not, it is simply a reward, just like the outfits and upgrades from doing space missions.

Im fine with that. I'll just have to kill them all and emote /peeoncorpse.

LOL I'm not even going after him but I may help out getting him for folks that want him.I do pvp for fun but I think gankers are pathetic cowards to chicken to take someone on their own level.They would probably camp the starting planets level ones.

You don't want to invest the time. Thats all it boils down to. I've played just as long. And here is a game thats trying to make people stick around to pay the salaries of those people you mentioned. You don't do that by just giving out high tier rewards. Games don't survive that way.

If its not ultra hard, then why are you complaining about hoops of fire? Because you don't want to actually play the game to earn the rewards? Then I hate to say it, but your time with SWTOR is probably over. They are teasing it so that people will spend the time. To help jump start world pvp. To encourage people to use the group finder and do flashpoints. To encourage people to play the game.

More quests like this will help the game prosper. And I don't believe a single person here who is saying "if its like this at launch, i'm going F2P". They're either going F2P already, or they'll keep subbing. They just hope Bioware will go "Oh no! They won't pay! Quick, make it easier to get! Give them campaign items too!".

I can't wait to do this quest. To get a group excited about some flashpoints. To rally up some people at the speeder to knock the PK Guild off the vendor. To butcher the republic guy that stealthed up. To run when his friends come to back him up.

Good stuff.

This is a story based rpg game. I played it because it had "Bioware" in the title which is interested in compelling story's with unique people that is what I invested in almost a year ago when I pre ordered for this product. We got every item from the DDE in the mail. Same with Founders title. Virtually everything came in the mail.

Did anyone complain? no

The companion is content for everyone. Yet they are only making a small slice of cake to those who play in those areas. Some of us have no interest in PVP or PVE. Telling us to do it in order to get an item. Doesn't make us enjoy the content all of a sudden.

Game Company's have tried and failed with "Making people grind" another expansion from a mmo was cartered to hardcore. was the worst expansion ever. It drove MILLIONS of people away. All that was left was the hardcore mumbling about how great they are. I am against the idea because I have see it fail. I am not in favor because when they teased the companion.

They never mentioned a "series of quests" this is like when Legacy came out and we found out we have to double unlock, and double buy to be rewarded.

Questing and instances are the game. You cannot truly opt out of that. It is the game. You can opt out of PvP completely, you have servers to reduce the impact of the mini-game and PvPers are confined to their warzones in most cases. Endgame gear has nothing to do with PvP being a mini-game or not, it is simply a reward, just like the outfits and upgrades from doing space missions.

You can opt out of Flashpoints and Operations as well. I have a 50 Marauder that didn't do a single flashpoint. It doesn't lock any content. It doesn't prevent my class quest. They're repeatable quests you can do over and over to get rewards. Sound familiar? Like...pvp?

The designers spend quite a bit of time balancing the game. Not just for Ops, or PvP. Go to the general thread, search for the complaints about pvp tweaks effecting PvE. Some skills are obviously designed for PvP.

Its a major part of the game.

You can opt out of Flashpoints and Operations as well. I have a 50 Marauder that didn't do a single flashpoint. It doesn't lock any content. It doesn't prevent my class quest. They're repeatable quests you can do over and over to get rewards. Sound familiar? Like...pvp?

The designers spend quite a bit of time balancing the game. Not just for Ops, or PvP. Go to the general thread, search for the complaints about pvp tweaks effecting PvE. Some skills are obviously designed for PvP.

Its a major part of the game.

As I said questing and instances are the game, the two go hand-in-hand. It is PvE content and it is the main game, to argue otherwise is at best naive, at worst utterly foolish. PvP is just a mini-game beside it, just like space missions. You cannot avoid the main game, but you can avoid the mini-games - that is how it is now and how it should be.

It encourages griefing in a game that has no real open world PvP outside of PvP servers.

Open world PvP not a problem but don't force people that aren't a fan to PvP in order to get what little new content is available to the PvE non ops players. Companions and gaining them should be one aspect of the game while PvP should be another and if you enjoy both you can play both if you only like one aspect you should only be required to play one aspect. But unless HK can be used in PvP Warzones or sent on bounties after players don't make it a requirement to get him.

Uh. Yeah I can. I can level a character strictly through PvP if I so choose to do so, except for the first 10 levels where you have to level by quest. And even then, you don't have to do that because you can just go around killing MOBs to level. Would be extremely time consuming, but it is possible. And when the lead designer says, "We have the most experienced PvP team in the world working to give the most amazing PvP experience available." then yeah. PvP is not a mini-game.

You're the one who is delusional. Yes. It is a PvE game with PvP added on. But by the lead designer's own words, it is NOT a mini-game. Tell yourself that till you are blue in the face. It won't change facts.

This is a story based rpg game. I played it because it had "Bioware" in the title which is interested in compelling story's with unique people that is what I invested in almost a year ago when I pre ordered for this product. We got every item from the DDE in the mail. Same with Founders title. Virtually everything came in the mail.

Did anyone complain? no

The companion is content for everyone. Yet they are only making a small slice of cake to those who play in those areas. Some of us have no interest in PVP or PVE. Telling us to do it in order to get an item. Doesn't make us enjoy the content all of a sudden.

Game Company's have tried and failed with "Making people grind" another expansion from a mmo was cartered to hardcore. was the worst expansion ever. It drove MILLIONS of people away. All that was left was the hardcore mumbling about how great they are. I am against the idea because I have see it fail. I am not in favor because when they teased the companion.

They never mentioned a "series of quests" this is like when Legacy came out and we found out we have to double unlock, and double buy to be rewarded.

So what should this quest be? A series of 4 soloable missions? Complete in 2 hours? Thats the expansive content you want?

This isn't hardcore raid gear. This isn't selected for the elite 1% of the playerbase tackling the toughest content. There is no PvP required at all. NOTHING will make you hit another player. You may not be instantly able to run up and grab it, but you will eventually. The hardest part of this, the ONLY part with any difficulty aside picking up items and talking to vendors, is the hardmode flashpoint. Nobody seems to mind that.

It is content for everyone. Its available to everyone. At all times. Dread Guard Gear is available to, though for a LOT more work and investment. This is an 'epic quest' with a low level of difficulty.

The DDE came with some novelty items that they announced ahead of time. Would it make you feel better if HK-51 was purchasable?

Games must evolve. Creators must change to the world around them. I'm sure none of the developers saw how far their game would go, good or ill. They can't put that all on the box. "Buy SWTOR now, Get subscriber benefits for F2P in the future"

Nothing here is taking away from your story based adventure. Its a fun quest that most players are going to enjoy. The other small minority just found something else to complain about besides the inherent unfairness of the rakghoul event, which was widely enjoyed.

I disagree with a lot of portions of the implementation of the HK companion.

• Forced Raiding: One should not be forced to do anything they may not want to do. Raiders already have plenty of things that are exclusive to them over soloists. They don't need HK to be added to that list. (I have no problem grouping for Ops and such, but I can see the soloist point)
  • Forced PvP: Once again, one should not be forced to do anything they may not want to do. Forcing people to go into FFA PvP areas does not do anything but help the lowest common denominator of the PvP community. Gankers will gank the moment you give them the chance to do so. Don't force us to give them a chance. (I have no problem with PvP, but I can see the PvE point)
  • Level 50 Only Companion: This is the dumbest thing ever. Once you are level 50 you have pretty much finished with your companions. Other than sending them off on crafting missions and using them on daily missions they are pretty much useless. Making a companion like this only available to level 50s is simply a bad idea. HK should be Legacy bound when completed so that you can mail him to a lower level alt that could make better use of him. Making him into what amounts to a trophy to show off on fleet is completely worthless.

Please, BioWare, consider these points carefully and please address them in order to make this companion something that is actually fun for all, not just the few.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

so basically people want to get hk without:

doing group content

having to fear pvp

waiting to be lvl 50

oh boy, I can't wait for the whining about the fact that SOMEONE ELSE CAN TAKE YOUR PARTS once you found them on dromund kaas/coruscant.

well, at least dragonagebla is honest and flat out tells us he/she wants without doing anything at all.

Edited by amnie

So what should this quest be? A series of 4 soloable missions? Complete in 2 hours? Thats the expansive content you want?

This isn't hardcore raid gear. This isn't selected for the elite 1% of the playerbase tackling the toughest content. There is no PvP required at all. NOTHING will make you hit another player. You may not be instantly able to run up and grab it, but you will eventually. The hardest part of this, the ONLY part with any difficulty aside picking up items and talking to vendors, is the hardmode flashpoint. Nobody seems to mind that.

It is content for everyone. Its available to everyone. At all times. Dread Guard Gear is available to, though for a LOT more work and investment. This is an 'epic quest' with a low level of difficulty.

The DDE came with some novelty items that they announced ahead of time. Would it make you feel better if HK-51 was purchasable?

Games must evolve. Creators must change to the world around them. I'm sure none of the developers saw how far their game would go, good or ill. They can't put that all on the box. "Buy SWTOR now, Get subscriber benefits for F2P in the future"

Nothing here is taking away from your story based adventure. Its a fun quest that most players are going to enjoy. The other small minority just found something else to complain about besides the inherent unfairness of the rakghoul event, which was widely enjoyed.

You are confusing that I have an issue with a quest being in part in PVP. I have a problem with it being in a PVE area. One of the items of the quest requires you to join a Hard Mode PVE. It's not a story based one. It's a hard mode. There is virtually no need to make gamers who prefer to level up a different way to have to join something that should came with the sub.

I sincerely don't know where you're getting all this rabble about having to work hard. I tested on test servers opening up seven mystery boxes at level one. It's actually VERY EASY to obtain Leet Gear that's not open to everyone. Two rares are in the mystery box. You could be have gear easy.

. You have to understand there is story is a hard mode PVE content. I have never done once and I been subbed since the game started. They are holding up a nice shiny object and say "do this' before we get it. It's a grind.

I think they should understand people have different playlifes, A: PVP, B: PVE C: Both and then make the companion easy to access. Is it so wrong I want walk to my mailbox and obtain it?

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

Uh. Yeah I can. I can level a character strictly through PvP if I so choose to do so, except for the first 10 levels where you have to level by quest. And even then, you don't have to do that because you can just go around killing MOBs to level. Would be extremely time consuming, but it is possible. And when the lead designer says, "We have the most experienced PvP team in the world working to give the most amazing PvP experience available." then yeah. PvP is not a mini-game.

You're the one who is delusional. Yes. It is a PvE game with PvP added on. But by the lead designer's own words, it is NOT a mini-game. Tell yourself that till you are blue in the face. It won't change facts.

You just said it yourself. Your argument is invalid. And no matter what the lead designer says, then it does not change the fact that PvP in this game is just a mini-game.

I disagree with a lot of portions of the implementation of the HK companion.

• Forced Raiding: One should not be forced to do anything they may not want to do. Raiders already have plenty of things that are exclusive to them over soloists. They don't need HK to be added to that list. (I have no problem grouping for Ops and such, but I can see the soloist point)
  • Forced PvP: Once again, one should not be forced to do anything they may not want to do. Forcing people to go into FFA PvP areas does not do anything but help the lowest common denominator of the PvP community. Gankers will gank the moment you give them the chance to do so. Don't force us to give them a chance. (I have no problem with PvP, but I can see the PvE point)
  • Level 50 Only Companion: This is the dumbest thing ever. Once you are level 50 you have pretty much finished with your companions. Other than sending them off on crafting missions and using them on daily missions they are pretty much useless. Making a companion like this only available to level 50s is simply a bad idea. HK should be Legacy bound when completed so that you can mail him to a lower level alt that could make better use of him. Making him into what amounts to a trophy to show off on fleet is completely worthless.

Please, BioWare, consider these points carefully and please address them in order to make this companion something that is actually fun for all, not just the few.

:cool:

You do realize that after you unlock HK-51 on one character, you can unlock him on a level 1 alt, right?:rolleyes:

so basically people want to get hk without:

doing group content

having to fear pvp

waiting to be lvl 50

oh boy, I can't wait for the whining about the fact that SOMEONE ELSE CAN TAKE YOUR PARTS once you found them on dromund kaas/coruscant.

well, at least dragonagebla is honest and flat out tells us he/she wants without doing anything at all.

One of the posters wants to just get him in the mailbox.

You do realize that after you unlock HK-51 on one character, you can unlock him on a level 1 alt, right?:rolleyes:

I would like a link to back up that claim. No where I read does it suggest that one you unlock him on one. You unlock him at all. If anything it suggests you're have to re-do the entire thing again. If you have a good source link that say's that then that's something different.