Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cartel Market Video Walkthrough

apocolyptos

Does anyone know by any chance what you get if you have subscribed to the game previously, but switched to F2P? I know DCUO gave you a "premium" account which allows you more character slots and what-not. Would SWTOR allow you to have the hide helm, bind to chest, & show legacy name option if you were a previous subscriber?

Would be interesting to see whether they take that away from you or not one you stop subbing... /foodforthought

Edited by apocolyptos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know by any chance what you get if you have subscribed to the game previously? I know DCUO gave you a "premium" account which allows you more character slots and what-not. Would SWTOR allow you to have the hide helm, bind to chest, & show legacy name option if you were a previous subscriber?

Would be interesting to see weather they take that away from you or not one you stop subbing... /foodforthought

Just checked - you're not going to like the Premium I suspect:

1. You can select 3 characters to play (some people have as many as 16 so this is going to hurt)

2. Hide Helm require CCs

3. Unify to chest requires CCs

4. Show Legacy Name option require CCs AND show title requires CCs (for each character)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - just stay subbed, you'll enjoy it more than the F2P version

Just checked - you're not going to like the Premium I suspect:

1. You can select 3 characters to play (some people have as many as 16 so this is going to hurt)

2. Hide Helm require CCs

3. Unify to chest requires CCs

4. Show Legacy Name option require CCs AND show title requires CCs (for each character)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - just stay subbed, you'll enjoy it more than the F2P version

I have no intention of unsubbing, but I was just curious... But the whole hide helm, unify to chest, and show legacy name options are just completely ridiculous. Reminds me of the game DLC Quest that made you purchase (with in game currency of course) the ability to turn left... or have sound. =D

I don't know why people should be upset about the cartel having a bunch of legacy options available - you actually got them a LOT cheaper, since others have to pay cartel coins to unlock that stuff and cartel coins cost money

I think it's a smart move by Bioware - cosmetic options you either pay for or can unlock through gameplay :)

Well in a way its just another way to access the legacy perks. All this is doing is allowing them to access it. Their going to have to pay in-game credits like the rest of us subscribers to actually use it. It's just an option for people who aren't going to level their legacy. In all honesty I would even doubt that F2P players won't even have a legacy to unlock things.

Nice video buddy, thx. I think BW should offer the packs at a low price and specific really sought-after items (Mask of Darth Nihilus *hint* *hint*) at a much higher price. Else we´re gonna end up having the same frustration we had with the champion/bm bags back then. That chance stuff just wont fly imo. Edited by Sithcreep

Looks great. Those chance bags are going to make them a killing. Is the armor usable by all if you remove the level 31 mods? I want to give one of those Dusters to my level 27 Scoundrel. :)

Also, for the people that wanted to wear Sith Armor as a Jedi, well... here's your chance.

I'm buy the xp and pvp boost for leveling and valor purpose. I really like that since I don't have a lot of time so this will help me level my alts that I been slowly leveling.

Can any one answer this question I have.

I notice that they are selling some gear that looks like sith or republic gear. My question is if you buy a sith looking gear, can you use it on a republic character and not have it magically change to the mirrored version on the republic side, but get to keep the sith like look?

Edited by Knockerz

I plan on staying subscribed regardless but what is disappointing to me is I was hoping they'd have every type of level 50 colour crystal in the market as I started playing after 1.2 so I never had a chance to get a white colour crystal.

I have a feeling with those chance bags that it is going to end up similar to what they are doing in ME3 which is going to net the company tons of cash yes, but it is going to frustrate a lot of people as well especially when we get duplicates that we cannot trade off to another character in our legacy such as the pets and speeders. According to the video they were BOP not BOL or BOE.

I think for some of the ultra rares if they sold them separately, albeit at a higher cost, as well as keeping them in the random packs it might lower some of the frustration for those that would be classified as collectors.

Does anyone have any information on the Mask of Darth Nihilus? This is one of the items that sparked my interest from the cash shop.

I plan on staying subscribed regardless but what is disappointing to me is I was hoping they'd have every type of level 50 colour crystal in the market as I started playing after 1.2 so I never had a chance to get a white colour crystal.

you are not the only one, that is one of the crystals that eluded me. I have every crystal except the white and the green/black from buying the peripherals such as the keyboard or mouse.

I'm buy the xp and pvp boost for leveling and valor purpose. I really like that since I don't have a lot of time so this will help me level my alts that I been slowly leveling.

Can any one answer this question I have.

I notice that they are selling some gear that looks like sith or republic gear. My question is if you buy a sith looking gear, can you use it on a republic character and not have it magically change to the mirrored version on the republic side, but get to keep the sith like look?

Great question, I'll check here in a minute and post an updated video today =)

Cool video thanks. i was wondering if the rocket boosts are account wide ? As i saw a second video but the guy wasn't sure. It is probably legacy wide. The other stuff looks cool like the level 35 color crystals +41 stats woot!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Cool video thanks. i was wondering if the rocket boosts are account wide ? As i saw a second video but the guy wasn't sure. It is probably legacy wide. The other stuff looks cool like the level 35 color crystals +41 stats woot!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

They are Legacy Wide =)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.