Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

F2P - 3 Warzones Per Week LOL

Kromagg

I am a subscriber, but i don't think that's fair. They really should raise the limit to like 15 per week, not 3. I understand that you have to purchase unlimited with cartel coins, but still that's not a way to get F2P players interested in playing warzones.

That is going to make it almost impossible to gain commedations for gear. I hope they reconsider that, not saying they have to make it a high number, but you would think you would want them to experience it frequently to decide if they want to unlock it. 3 Per week is lame if you ask me even for a F2P player.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is true and i forgot about the daily. They will not be able to do the weekly as that's 9 per week. That is almost like a slap in the face to new players, not giving them a chance to really see what warzones are like. There are more than 3 warzones, and with another added soon it could be 2 weeks before some players see them if they are unlucky to get the same ones over and over.

Bioware really needs to rethink their limit!

4 a day? 90% of PvPers I know ingame manage to do 4-5 WZs a day.

5 a week i'd say. There are playing free afterall.

It's a balance between giving them too much and not giving them enough. 3 / Week is pretty draconian. 4 / Day per account gives them a chance to do the daily on 1 character and whet their appetite. Or 2 / Day to give them even more incentive to win in order to finish the daily.

Edited by Cial

They should have made it like flashpoints where you can only earn something for the first 3 you play then you can do more but gain nothing.

This I think though will cater well to people. If you want to casually pvp then you aren't going to be overly bothered by the daily. If you like the pvp and want to do it a bit more and progress then you buy the weekly pass. It all depends on price. If the weekly pass is say $2 then that's $8 per month which is just over half the sub cost. Since you don't get as much pve content you are only really paying to pvp which seems fair. Add to this the ability to not buy a pass for the weeks you aren't playing and it makes it flexible too.

Edited by MaliksKid

They should have made it like flashpoints where you can only earn something for the first 3 you play then you can do more but gain nothing.

^ Imho, either the above or make the lockout daily instead. Think it gets FTPers interested in this aspect of the game more throughout the week instead of perhaps a mass of warzones in the start of the week, then have them lose interest in it for the rest of the week.

Edited by forumname

That is not completely unreasonable.

The idea has always been let new players free to try as well as the flexibility to pay less (than $15) if you only play a certain aspect of the game. It is along the line of ....

You can try free and quest to lv50 with free limited trial of fp, space and wz.

If you want to do ops, say, $5 a month

If you want unlimited wz, $5 a month

If you want unlimited fp $5 a month

If you want unlimited space $5 a month

If you wnat everything $15.

Edited by Banegio

i dont hink warzones will be the big problem

rather the "death points",,when players have to pay after the first 5 deaths,,i think most

of them wont,,they will go look for another F2P game without lightsabers

competition is so hard now on the MMO market

sadly it seems to have a negative effect on game quality

Sigh. So far all these limitations are very silly. And the unlocks are even sillier. It's a week pass to remove it? So every single week a F2P player will have to purchase this pass? That is not going to keep people interested in the game long. Especially if it's a new player to level 50 PVP, where the first 3 matches they just get owned in PVP since they don't have the gear.

It's called a business....businesses are to make money. When they make money, it goes (hopefully) into the game to bring us more of what we want to do...If the f2p people are giving all kinds of freebies, whats to entice them to cough up their money? What's to entice us to remain as subscribers? Of course f2p is lacking...its a sample. You go into a bake shop, and they give you a sample of a brownie. If you get the whole thing free, why would you pay? Edited by Lunafox

Three warzones a week is definitely too low. You should be able to play enough warzones to complete both daily and weekly missions within their intended time, daily and weekly. At the very least, a warzone pass should last for 30 days like a subscription. Buying a new pass every week would be annoying.

3 warzones a week, its for casual people who only log in that often. If you're gonna be playing more than that, PAY FOR THE GAME.

Precisely! And like someone said, you can still do the weekly. Just takes a bit longer but if you want to do it fast then do it like the rest of us who subscribe.

In the end, for us subscribers, it's not fair if a F2P gets to do as much as for free either.

I am a subscriber, but i don't think that's fair. They really should raise the limit to like 15 per week, not 3. I understand that you have to purchase unlimited with cartel coins, but still that's not a way to get F2P players interested in playing warzones.

That is going to make it almost impossible to gain commedations for gear. I hope they reconsider that, not saying they have to make it a high number, but you would think you would want them to experience it frequently to decide if they want to unlock it. 3 Per week is lame if you ask me even for a F2P player.

Its not a matter of getting F2P Players to play WZ's... Its a matter of keeping the WZ's free of idiot 10 year olds in Warzones completely and absolutely doing nothing productive.

i dont hink warzones will be the big problem

rather the "death points",,when players have to pay after the first 5 deaths,,i think most

of them wont,,they will go look for another F2P game without lightsabers

competition is so hard now on the MMO market

sadly it seems to have a negative effect on game quality

They will only have to pay if they want to be revived on field, they can return to med center even if they have more thạn 5 deaths.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.