Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Well that situation is what normal warzones will be like in a half a year or so if you keep steamrolling in normal warzones. But whatever do what you want since your sub money is worth just as much as mine and every other solo queuer. Just don't QQ when you have to do the same procedure for normal warzones or wait forever for queues to pop in half a year because no one queues for PvP. That is unless F2P is a real hit. I doubt people will play this game for the PvP though.

You are not solo queue'ers, you are PvP PuG'ers. Get it straight.

So your failure to to group up, gear up, and learn some team tactics is my fault? Blame game goes the other way.

If in half a year that is the state of pvp, we'll move on to another game, hopefully one with a community that appreciates proper team pvp, or Dev's that can create a system that allows players with no interest in getting better the free-for-all kiddy corner, while the rest of us actually get decent matches.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Organized teams do have an advantage; but what gives tehm more of an advantage is no one in the PUG wants to give out a plan before the match, and even fewer want to listen when they do. Probably don't need voice chat to come out and say what the overall strategy is or have a person on point who everyone targets their target.

Then there are the people who don't grasp why someone "just CC'ed that guy and walked away" or other basic concepts.

Edited by Technohic

You are not solo queue'ers, you are PvP PuG'ers. Get it straight.

So your failure to to group up, gear up, and learn some team tactics is my fault? Blame game goes the other way.

If in half a year that is the state of pvp, we'll move on to another game, hopefully one with a community that appreciates proper team pvp, or Dev's that can create a system that allows players with no interest in getting better the free-for-all kiddy corner, while the rest of us actually get decent matches.

There would be a point here if this topic was about premades in ranked warzones, but it's explicitly not. The obvious rejoinder to this post is: if you're so confident in your ability to "group up," execute your "team tactics," exercise "proper team play" and that this will lead to "decent matches," why are you queuing in the non-ranked bracket instead of the ranked bracket?

I already know the answer, by the way.

There would be a point here if this topic was about premades in ranked warzones, but it's explicitly not. The obvious rejoinder to this post is: if you're so confident in your ability to "group up," execute your "team tactics," exercise "proper team play" and that this will lead to "decent matches," why are you queuing in the non-ranked bracket instead of the ranked bracket?

I already know the answer, by the way.

Do you now? Please read 4-5 posts up.

I've read a lot of post so far and what I want to say is that I love the current system we have so far and the reason is that I never pvp without guildmates or friends and even then there's a strict requirement that everyone must be war hero geared and is elite. What this means is that I win almost 100% of all my games. When I see people posting about premades face rolling them I smile because that's my whole intention of pvping. I'm completely done gearing now and have no need for comms so my only reason to play is to stomp pubs and prevent them from getting any.

So many times we also try to queue up double premades in regulars with the express purpose of triple capping and preventing the other team from getting any medals at all and watching people quit he warzones. This is incredibly fun for us and we enjoy it tremendously. We want to compliment bioware for this game where we can make so many people rage. And if you come back and say we're ruining the game I say to you no were just ruining your game our game is doing just fine.

Do you now? Please read 4-5 posts up.

Why do you honestly think ranked warzones are so slow in popping? I don't think the queue is bugged since biofail probably has some matching algorithm (that works bad) in place which will wait and see if there are a more comparable team queuing. Because if the best team on the server meets the worst I think we all know what happens. Well I certainly know that killed my previous PvP guild. Yes the guild was undergeared (mostly battlemaster) and casual with PvP focus.

But seriously though you want full premades to PvP with and you can't get ranked to pop. What are you even doing playing this game? There are other MMOs where you can do team PvP.

I've read a lot of post so far and what I want to say is that I love the current system we have so far and the reason is that I never pvp without guildmates or friends and even then there's a strict requirement that everyone must be war hero geared and is elite. What this means is that I win almost 100% of all my games. When I see people posting about premades face rolling them I smile because that's my whole intention of pvping. I'm completely done gearing now and have no need for comms so my only reason to play is to stomp pubs and prevent them from getting any.

So many times we also try to queue up double premades in regulars with the express purpose of triple capping and preventing the other team from getting any medals at all and watching people quit he warzones. This is incredibly fun for us and we enjoy it tremendously. We want to compliment bioware for this game where we can make so many people rage. And if you come back and say we're ruining the game I say to you no were just ruining your game our game is doing just fine.

Are you a member of DarkWolves Gaming? Because it certainly sounds so.

Edited by Theodulus

I dont have a problem with premades and I am a pugger. its a known fact that 70% of premades aren't really all that good. They are just a group of friends who like to play together. The real problem with pvp is that too many people think they are playing death match and they don't play the objectives. Of course you wont beat a premade when 6 of your team mates care more about getting a kill then they do about watching a door/turret. Even tho I have easily won around 70% of my warzones as a pugger, I finally decided to join a pvp guild because I got tired of watching my teammates chase kills away from objectives.

Why do you honestly think ranked warzones are so slow in popping? I don't think the queue is bugged since biofail probably has some matching algorithm (that works bad) in place which will wait and see if there are a more comparable team queuing. Because if the best team on the server meets the worst I think we all know what happens. Well I certainly know that killed my previous PvP guild. Yes the guild was undergeared (mostly battlemaster) and casual with PvP focus.

But seriously though you want full premades to PvP with and you can't get ranked to pop. What are you even doing playing this game? There are other MMOs where you can do team PvP.

<.< and there are other MMO's where you can have your casual, non-competitive frag fest free for alls. Your point?

I say seperate queue's would be bad because queue times go up. It's a fact, split the pools, and unless there are enough players for constant pops, queue times go up. More importantly, it's not my fault that PuG players aren't trying to better themselves.

As someone else pointed out, don't dumb competition down to your level, raise your level to the competition.

So instead of matching people by valor, gear, primary stats and what not, because this will likely lead to less warzones all around, I think that Bioware should institute some sort of reward system that encourages people to group up, perhaps a 30% increase to commendations or something of that nature if you queue up as a group of four.

I agree with this idea! You might wanna put this in the suggestion box. :)

<.< and there are other MMO's where you can have your casual, non-competitive frag fest free for alls. Your point?

I say seperate queue's would be bad because queue times go up. It's a fact, split the pools, and unless there are enough players for constant pops, queue times go up. More importantly, it's not my fault that PuG players aren't trying to better themselves.

As someone else pointed out, don't dumb competition down to your level, raise your level to the competition.

If you want e-sport this is not the game you are looking for despite whatever bold claims bioware have made. It's casual wars and either you like it or not. If you want hardcore PvP you've got other MMOs or the option to queue for ranked. With the introduction of ranked warzones I don't even see why the hard core PvPers even bother queue for something else. Yeah I already know the answer to that one and that is boohoo the queue doesn't pop once every 2 minutes (I wonder why lol) and I can't make more than 4 friends to PvP with.

You may live in your delusion that you are doing something greater good by steamrolling pugs but not everyone are that insane. However I still like my old suggestion. Remove the queue solo button and you'll have your awesome premade PvP warzones and there will be no QQ from those who enjoy pugging since they will stop queuing for PvP or join a guild or you know make friends to PvP with.

If you want e-sport this is not the game you are looking for despite whatever bold claims bioware have made. It's casual wars and either you like it or not. If you want hardcore PvP you've got other MMOs or the option to queue for ranked. With the introduction of ranked warzones I don't even see why the hard core PvPers even bother queue for something else. Yeah I already know the answer to that one and that is boohoo the queue doesn't pop once every 2 minutes (I wonder why lol) and I can't make more than 4 friends to PvP with.

You may live in your delusion that you are doing something greater good by steamrolling pugs but not everyone are that insane. However I still like my old suggestion. Remove the queue solo button and you'll have your awesome premade PvP warzones and there will be no QQ from those who enjoy pugging since they will stop queuing for PvP or join a guild or you know make friends to PvP with.

You've become bitter and lost the argument unfortunately.

BW's PvP is team based. It's the reason we have "counter-classes" (though I believe this is a terrible idea). If BW's PvP was not team based, shocker... there wouldn't be teams.

O.o how are you going to tell me I can't make more than 4 friends when it's clear solo queuer's haven't made more. Fyi, I run ranked when I can, which means I have atleast 8 friends, and actually closer to 18-20. Nice try, you lose =P

BW's PvP is team based. It's the reason we have "counter-classes" (though I believe this is a terrible idea). If BW's PvP was not team based, shocker... there wouldn't be teams.

O.o how are you going to tell me I can't make more than 4 friends when it's clear solo queuer's haven't made more. Fyi, I run ranked when I can, which means I have atleast 8 friends, and actually closer to 18-20. Nice try, you lose =P

I'm glad people like you are around, so I know how much the community as fallen as far as PVP goes. You pretty much sum up everything that is wrong with TOR's PVP state. Honestly this doesn't bother me personally because I run a premade that has never lost a match, but I do notice the queue times are longer everyday. Mostly because it's a turn off for people trying to get into 50's PVP due to stacked teams.

Also news flash, PVP in this game is not team based or solo queue based, it's both. Don't try to act like it's either or. Anyways keep up the good fight, I think I should start a pool when PVP will die in this game unless they do something about it.

Also it's kinda funny how people have warned bioware that warhammer did the exact same thing and now that games PVP is dead....hrmm. :rolleyes:

They just need to remove the ability to convert normal to ranked comms. Make non ranked WZs the place for people in BM to play and bump everyone else up to rated if they want to progress. You can still roll pugs in your 4 man premade, just you wont make any progress towards the Elite War Hero set when it is realeased.

I'm glad people like you are around, so I know how much the community as fallen as far as PVP goes. You pretty much sum up everything that is wrong with TOR's PVP state. Honestly this doesn't bother me personally because I run a premade that has never lost a match, but I do notice the queue times are longer everyday. Mostly because it's a turn off for people trying to get into 50's PVP due to stacked teams.

Also news flash, PVP in this game is not team based or solo queue based, it's both. Don't try to act like it's either or. Anyways keep up the good fight, I think I should start a pool when PVP will die in this game unless they do something about it.

Also it's kinda funny how people have warned bioware that warhammer did the exact same thing and now that games PVP is dead....hrmm. :rolleyes:

Please enlighten me, how expecting other to wish to better themselves, using all tools available... is unacceptable? Queue's are getting longer because people are leaving, for one reason or another. There is no single reason, but if I had to put blame it would be on the lack of cross server queueing and gear gap. That's only a guess, since no one knows the exact reason each person leaves.

News flash, PvP is team based. You know how I know? Because the only form of pvp (aside from some random OWpvp) puts 8 people on a team, and gives them objectives. If it was solo based, there would be a map where 8 people are on a map, and no allies.

There isn't a Solo pvper. It is a PuG pvper.

@Draekos: As with last night, I agree, remove conversion or make it a worse ratio.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

They just need to remove the ability to convert normal to ranked comms. Make non ranked WZs the place for people in BM to play and bump everyone else up to rated if they want to progress. You can still roll pugs in your 4 man premade, just you wont make any progress towards the Elite War Hero set when it is realeased.

which would be fine, if they do 2 things. 1 allow cross server queues and implement a group finder or solo queuing to ranked. Not everytime I am online will there be 8 people from my guild/friends online at same time.

Wouldnt work Draekos,

Most, not all but most, of the repeat offenders I see running pre mades are decked out completely in Elite War Hero gear augmented.

This isnt about coms

This is about power.

This is about selfish ego.

Oh I know they will all say they are awsome in ranked but truth is 90% of the decked out pre mades that routinely farm the under geared, they are the ones being farmed in ranked. So they come to farm the under geared as they have every artificial advantage they can get.

These players are not looking for coms and certainly not looking for competition or balance.

They simply want to know they ruining others fun and enjoyment.

Personally I dont get the mindset.

I thnk its beyond childish and moronic

But its not about coms

So removing the ability to buy ranked wouldnt change anything at all as the problem players already fully outfitted and dont need the coms.

The ONLY solution to this issue is to remove the option to enter the solo Q with a pre made and to seperate the geared from the ungeared, thus creating a more balanced pvp pool of players.

Wouldnt work Draekos,

Most, not all but most, of the repeat offenders I see running pre mades are decked out completely in Elite War Hero gear augmented.

This isnt about coms

This is about power.

Oh I know they will all say they are awsome in ranked but truth is 90% of the decked out pre mades that routinely farm the under geared, they are the ones being farmed in ranked. So they come to farm the under geared as they have every artificial advantage they can get.

These players are not looking for coms and certainly not looking for competition or balance.

But its not about coms

So removing the ability to buy ranked wouldnt change anything at all as the problem players already fully outfitted and dont need the coms.

The ONLY solution to this issue is to remove the option to enter the solo Q with a pre made and to seperate the geared from the ungeared, thus creating a more balanced pvp pool of players.

so basically you are saying that if atleast 7 other people from my guild aren't online Im not allowed to pvp. So because we put in the work and got our gear we can't pvp unless we have 7 guildies/friends online at same time who want to pvp. Your idea is dumb and will never happen so do us a favor and either quit game or stop queuing for pvp. We all know that if they stop allowing groups to do normal warzones then all of you will be back on here crying to not allow players with fully augmented war hero gear queue for normals.

I'm just tired of the so called god sent premaders making the game better. You just don't see that you and your friends that can't get ranked to pop on regular basis are ruining PvP for the not so hard core people. I'll continue to PUG against premades with my min/maxed character and I'll certainly hope people new to PvP can handle being rolled at times.

@Draekos I like your suggestion.

Wouldnt work Draekos,

This isnt about coms

This is about power.

But its not about coms

It'll work if you add a level restriction on the gear to queue for normal warzones.

It'll work if you add a level restriction on the gear to queue for normal warzones.

Wouldn't change diddley squat.

- Ppl gear up in full WH.

- Then some do ranked and get EWH weapons/OH.

- EWH ppl wait for ranked to pop. Same situation as now. No enough teams = no ranked.

- Ppl remove their EWH weapons/OH and queue in normals as a premade just to play.

so basically you are saying that if atleast 7 other people from my guild aren't online Im not allowed to pvp.

Nope didnt say that at all but you knew that so troll elsewhere, im not biting

Others got what I was saying

Perhaps time to ask yourself WHY you didnt