Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this. and comfter has stuck by those accusations that premade groups are akin to sexual assault; not once has he denied it.

Not once have one of you little tag-a-longs shown the propensity to rebut. The glove has been dropped, none of you seem up to the challenge of defending your behavior. But I do hear you mousies squeaking from your hiding spot around the corner.

Edited by Comfterbilly

Not once have one of you little tag-a-longs shown the propensity to rebut. The glove has been dropped, none of you seem up to the challenge of defending your behavior. But I do hear you mousies squeaking from your hiding spot around the corner.

nobody has bothered to respond to said comment b/c its mind bottling that you even think that. its delusional at best.

And what exactly is our behavior beyond the obvious of us stating various reasons to the pros and cons of matchmaking, splitting the queues and other aspects of pugs vs groups?

We are keeping it civil. If you want un-civil check out the facebook page.

Cross servers queues is something that has been brought up since launch, not just in this thread. It was a hot topic back when servers were dying off, then they did mergers, then they released ranked, ranked started dying, Cross servers were brought up again, then that post was made by the devs.

Did they say 'no cross servers ever'? No. But they are implying heavily that it is going to take a lot of work to implement which will take time and with 0 time frame to work with it is a good bet it will be a ways off...if ever.

'Two trolls openly admit they are trolling'

Yea, do you know how a business works? Do you know what trolling means?

It's clear, as it has already been proven time and time again by myself that matchmaking only helps a certain group of people(premade groups, because you are pro-premade clearly) therefore, it doesn't work.

Now you two say that split queue's won't work because of population- Even though cash openly says there are no ghost town servers

and

You also point out that casual now have to deal with ranked BiS superduper groups but cash also says that those superduper groups make up the smallest part of the population, therefore it shouldn't even be an issue.

But all the sudden when split queue's happen, all the ranked teams that ever existed log on to kill the casual premades. It's like...MAGIC! Must be a wizard.

Back to the business thing, which I already explained to you and the other troll. Bioware will give what the players want, if they show they actually need it. They are pretty reasonable and they need more profit. The current system we have in place, doesn't welcome new players or promote any ranked groups.

Instead you get threads like "I'm tired of bads in my pvp match grrr" "So why don't you just put them in a separate queue and you don't have to deal with them?" "Because then I won't get to stomp their---err longer queue times!"

Instead you could transform every one of those threads into a "Need cross-server queue asap" thread. Yea that big PVP patch? Yea that was the time to do it. Instead you got people complaining they can't kill healers.

So that is why I label you three or 4 as trolls since you have no intention of helping the current state of things. As soon as cross-server queue's are mentioned "Well they said probably not gonna happen...soo...might as well give up."

I fear for our future. Keep reposting the yellow text. Show me where it says it will never happen. Show me the words where it says "This will never be put in the game ever, not now, not a year from now....Never shall there be cross-server queue's!".

It's called a big PVP patch for a reason, to give big changes. Instead you'll get a new map and people ************ about op healers some more.

It's clear, as it has already been proven time and time again by myself that matchmaking only helps a certain group of people(premade groups, because you are pro-premade clearly) therefore, it doesn't work.

Now you two say that split queue's won't work because of population- Even though cash openly says there are no ghost town servers

and

You also point out that casual now have to deal with ranked BiS superduper groups but cash also says that those superduper groups make up the smallest part of the population, therefore it shouldn't even be an issue.

But all the sudden when split queue's happen, all the ranked teams that ever existed log on to kill the casual premades. It's like...MAGIC! Must be a wizard.

Back to the business thing, which I already explained to you and the other troll. Bioware will give what the players want, if they show they actually need it. They are pretty reasonable and they need more profit. The current system we have in place, doesn't welcome new players or promote any ranked groups.

Instead you get threads like "I'm tired of bads in my pvp match grrr" "So why don't you just put them in a separate queue and you don't have to deal with them?" "Because then I won't get to stomp their---err longer queue times!"

Instead you could transform every one of those threads into a "Need cross-server queue asap" thread. Yea that big PVP patch? Yea that was the time to do it. Instead you got people complaining they can't kill healers.

So that is why I label you three or 4 as trolls since you have no intention of helping the current state of things. As soon as cross-server queue's are mentioned "Well they said probably not gonna happen...soo...might as well give up."

I fear for our future. Keep reposting the yellow text. Show me where it says it will never happen. Show me the words where it says "This will never be put in the game ever, not now, not a year from now....Never shall there be cross-server queue's!".

It's called a big PVP patch for a reason, to give big changes. Instead you'll get a new map and people ************ about op healers some more.

trolling =/= disagreeing with you

when did i say there were no ghost town servers? i said nobody cares about ghost town servers b/c they represent such a small % of the game population.

and regarding your "good business model" argument. bioware is not in charge. EA controls the checkbook, which means they control the direction of the game.

if you know anyone who has been able to go to one of these cantina things and speak with the devs personally, you would know that the devs know our concerns, but their hands are literally tied.

as i said before, cross server would be a huge financial investment, with long term pay-offs. EA is not interested in that kind of business venture with this game; that is why we have the cash shop and f2p now. they clearly have some kind of analysis that shows they are making the most money off of PvE oriented players and the Cartel Market. and that is what they will continue to put the most money into developing, in order to make even more money off of it.

Let's hear your rebuttal, I don't think you can do it. You want to act like the suggestion is so outrageous that you just... shouldn't... have to... counter it... However, that is not a valid form of debate. What you're putting forward is a sorry substitution for an argument that you appear unready to actually participate in.

Go ahead - free try - rebut:

How is following the mechanics of a match seedy behavior? Now if you were comparing it to cheating or hacking it would make more sense. And, not shockingly, there are strict consequences in place for the scum of society that takes advantage of others.

i dont know if you are trying to be optimistic, or just trying to be a general a-hole.

cross server queuing has been suggested on this forum since the very first time RWZ was announced by the devs (before 1.2). RWZ was originally toted as including cross server at some point, but the devs flat out lied about that. so for you to come here and claim that none of us want cross server queues just shows how blindly ignorant you are.

you are late to the party. cross server queues would need to be built 100% from the ground up; this game was not designed in anyway for cross server functionality. it would require a huge time and financial investment; things which EA clearly is not interested in.

i would like to see cross server as much as the next guy. it would be a huge improvement for everyone, at all levels of play. but the reality is it is not coming. so rather than continuing to hold out hope for something that is never going to happen, id rather offer up suggestions that may actually be actionable for bioware.

Well considering all you pretty much had to offer besides what...10 pages ago, was insults. I think it's fair to say you have been pretty much irrelevant in all things concerning this topic and even now that's debatable.

Once again, you are lacking in reading comprehension since I already stated why you shouldn't give up on something like cross-server queue's. The thing is, you and many like you decided to talk about ducks or some such things instead, because it's easier. I'm not late to the party at all, actually I'm the only one that has to open the eyes of you and many like you to see that the only common ground we have in cross-server queue's.

The answer is right there, but unlike me, you are willing to throw your arms up in the air and give up. What happened to the big competitive pvp spirit? Oh that only applies when things are stacked in your favor I guess.

So do you work at Bioware by chance? I mean do you honestly know how hard it would be to put it into the game? Or was it the investors that forced bioware's hand to focus on the cartel shop?

This is why I call you a troll, because at the end of the day, you just don't care about this issue. You are just here for the lulz, that's why you easily dismiss cross-server queue's because it would actually require effort and thought and perhaps work to inspire an outcry to actually make a change like that.

That's why PVE got new stuff coming in and you guys are left the bone. They roar louder and clearer than the majority of you. Even when we have something we both want, it's still a fight. Pathetic.

When you say that a person is correct, you are agreeing with them. The statements made by the poster have clearly been wild in nature and completely inaccurate including comparisons to assault. Know what you are supporting before you support it.

I specifically said he was right.. about Behavioral Patterns not having a toggle. Learn how to read what I post. It IS possible to disagree with one point and agree with another.

when did i say there were no ghost town servers? i said nobody cares about ghost town servers b/c they represent such a small % of the game population.

and regarding your "good business model" argument. bioware is not in charge. EA controls the checkbook, which means they control the direction of the game.

if you know anyone who has been able to go to one of these cantina things and speak with the devs personally, you would know that the devs know our concerns, but their hands are literally tied.

as i said before, cross server would be a huge financial investment, with long term pay-offs. EA is not interested in that kind of business venture with this game; that is why we have the cash shop and f2p now. they clearly have some kind of analysis that shows they are making the most money off of PvE oriented players and the Cartel Market. and that is what they will continue to put the most money into developing, in order to make even more money off of it.

Like I said before, PVEers roar louder and clearer than this section of the forums. It's why they get what they want.

Well considering all you pretty much had to offer besides what...10 pages ago, was insults. I think it's fair to say you have been pretty much irrelevant in all things concerning this topic and even now that's debatable.

Once again, you are lacking in reading comprehension since I already stated why you shouldn't give up on something like cross-server queue's. The thing is, you and many like you decided to talk about ducks or some such things instead, because it's easier. I'm not late to the party at all, actually I'm the only one that has to open the eyes of you and many like you to see that the only common ground we have in cross-server queue's.

The answer is right there, but unlike me, you are willing to throw your arms up in the air and give up. What happened to the big competitive pvp spirit? Oh that only applies when things are stacked in your favor I guess.

So do you work at Bioware by chance? I mean do you honestly know how hard it would be to put it into the game? Or was it the investors that forced bioware's hand to focus on the cartel shop?

This is why I call you a troll, because at the end of the day, you just don't care about this issue. You are just here for the lulz, that's why you easily dismiss cross-server queue's because it would actually require effort and thought and perhaps work to inspire an outcry to actually make a change like that.

That's why PVE got new stuff coming in and you guys are left the bone. They roar louder and clearer than the majority of you. Even when we have something we both want, it's still a fight. Pathetic.

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

:jawa_smile:

Cross server isn't coming no matter how much forum noise you make.

Cross server isn't coming no matter how much forum noise you make.

Show me the part where it says the following:

"Cross-server queue's will never happen in this game."

I gave you three quote's to spread things out a bit. So point that out for me.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

and

Man you are impossible to see reasoning beyond your own agenda.

I have stated several times I would be on board with a split queue if they could keep queue times down which imho would require cross servers. But splitting the queues does not help out with one thing that I have seen brought up plenty of times which is group comp, which teams do or do not have a healer or proper balance for that matter. You are still going to see lopsided matches in a solo queue it will not magically up your chances at winning or not get stomped.

Let us move to matchmaking. Here you would have a system in place which will keep an individual ranking or something along those lines which are tied to your character/account. You lose often you move into a lesser group skill, you win often you stay at the top. This is something I strongly feel would improve warzones over a split queue. If you have warzones based off of skill/randomness instead of just random teams that to me seems more logical.

And I am quite aware how business works and knowing that Bioware took quite a hit a while ago with loss of resources (they laid off plenty off staff) and to implement a system in cross server queues in which this game was never designed to have would require a lot of work. Unnecessary work if you ask me since there are a few high pop servers and if you are really aching for one of these you can transfer to one of them.

If you really think that making a ton of noise on cross servers will happen then put some effort into a new thread. If you put as much into it as this one you might get a response.

And with arenas coming you might see a more lax warzone experience as I know plenty of people who will be running them over regs and ranked.

Edited by cycao

nobody has bothered to respond to said comment b/c its mind bottling that you even think that. its delusional at best.

Funny. I know very well what I've written and what the basis supporting my actual statements have been. Never mind my argument - your argument is that:

•  
  • there's (essentially) no such thing as gang mentality in video games
  • that an open, anonymous format does not lend itself to behavioral extremes
  • that like personalities don't tend to gravitate together
  • that certain groups are not more prone to adapt a pack mentality
  • that a pack mentality does not lend itself to exploitative behavior
  • that exploitative behavior does not lend itself to taking advantage of easy situations to get what you want

Understand:

• that when you are taking advantage you are doing so at the expense of other human beings
  • when you are taking advantage at the expense of other human beings this constitutes a violation
  • what constitutes a violation is by very nature akin to predatory behavior.

You also thus deny that what a human mind can want out of such a situation, can be anything more than simple comms or credits, medals or valor. I've had days where I PVP'd 20 hours straight with some nice coffee breaks in between - I've seen the behavior we've all seen - there are people here for the thrill of what they're able to do to other people. Again - There is a lot of seedy and sh**y behavior going on on a regular basis, committed in the case of premades by people who are taking advantage of a broken queue; looking for pugs to roll because the watchers aren't watching and they get off on it; they say a lot of degrading **** over the general/say channels, as their goal is to ruin other peoples experience, because that's the behavior they are allowed to enjoy.

"Bother" to respond - LOL. IF you could, you would; instead you hope to marginalize and misrepresent what was said in a vain effort to disguise your own incompetence.

Edited by Comfterbilly

Funny. I know very well what I've written and what the basis supporting my actual statements have been. Never mind my argument - your argument is that:

•  
  • that exploitative behavior does not lend itself to taking advantage of easy situations to get what you want

Understand:

• that when you are taking advantage you are doing so at the expense of other human beings
  • when you are taking advantage at the expense of other human beings this constitutes a violation

You also thus deny that what a human mind can want out of such a situation, can be anything more than simple comms or credits, medals or valor. I've had days where I PVP'd 20 hours straight with some nice coffee breaks in between - I've seen the behavior we've all seen - there are people here for the thrill of what they're able to do to other people. Again - There is a lot of seedy and sh**y behavior going on on a regular basis, committed in the case of premades by people who are taking advantage of a broken queue; looking for pugs to roll because the watchers aren't watching and they get off on it; they say a lot of degrading **** over the general/say channels, as their goal is to ruin other peoples experience, because that's the behavior they are allowed to enjoy.

"Bother" to respond - LOL. IF you could, you would; instead you hope to marginalize and misrepresent what was said in a vain effort to disguise your own incompetence.

thats a whole heaping lot of words you just tried to put in my mouth.

and yes, "bother" to respond. you seem to whole heartedly believe that there is no difference between me and 3 friends grouping and winning WZs in regs, and someone sexually assaulting a young woman.

i am not bothering to respond b/c anyone who applies that kind of logic is clearly delusional.

if you get in a WZ and there is a premade and you dont like it, you can leave and do something else.

if a young women is being sexually assaulted, she doesnt get to just decided she doesnt want to be there anymore.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

•  

Understand:

He is not wrong.

If any of you are in Law Enforcement, this is what they teach you at the academy.. and how to spot them.

If any of you are in the Mental Health industry, this is a widely accepted notion.

In fact, if you've EVER watched the Discovery Channel, TLC, History, H2, HINT, National Geographic, or have an understanding of basic biological programming across all species, this is what they teach you.

To argue to the contrary is silly and misinformed.

Edited by maverickmatt

if you get in a WZ and there is a premade and you dont like it, you can leave and do something else.

if a young women is being sexually assaulted, she doesnt get to just decided she doesnt want to be there anymore.

You're focusing on his poorly worded example to deny his entire point (which is rooted in fact, by the way).

You're also focusing on what the "victims" can or can't do, instead of what the "predatory figures" should or shouldn't be doing.

•  

Understand:

What you are doing is commonly known as stereotyping. And your solo queue option is not so much a solution to the problem as it is a solution to your perceived problem.

One group queue dodges until they face a PUG for an easy win and talks trash in /say. All of the sudden every group is exactly like this. Logically, they should be removed from the helpless PUGs.

But for every 1 group that is doing this, there are 100 more that aren't anything like that. Your solution is to ensure that you personally and people like you never have this 1% chance of seeing this group, but it's ok to let them loose on anyone who wants to group because that's their problem now. Rather than, say, making sure they face equally skilled players who they can't run over. They may continue to talk trash, but if that is a problem for you, there are ways to report that completely outside of the PvP realm.

Don't disguise your hatred for premades as protecting the innocent. Anyone, regardless of group type, can be the recipient of a lopsided match and ridicule through chat. Make sure the skill levels are balanced and you'll see a vast improvement in the quality of warzones.

Show me the part where it says the following:

I gave you three quote's to spread things out a bit. So point that out for me.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Please see highlighted portion in my post. He said pretty clearly it's not in the plan. Meaning it's not being planned for. Cross server is something that will take a large amount of planning. They haven't even begun work on it. Look how long server transfers took to implement. They had basic prototypes of that in the works once they had copy to the PTS available.

So keep waiting. I'm sure BW will deliver.

He is not wrong.

If any of you are in Law Enforcement, this is what they teach you at the academy.. and how to spot them.

If any of you are in the Mental Health industry, this is a widely accepted notion.

In fact, if you've EVER watched the Discovery Channel, TLC, History, H2, HINT, National Geographic, or have an understanding of basic biological programming across all species, this is what they teach you.

nobody is arguing against the basics of human behavior...... yet you guys keep talking about it.

for some reason tho, you folks seem to believe that all premade players are the worst of the worst. there are always bad apples. but that doesnt make everyone a bad apple.

nobody, at any point in this thread has denied the existence of the bad apples that you are talking about. they are there, and they are usually there b/c its the internet and behind their anonymity they feel extra tough. but they are in the minority by a large margin, which seems to be the part that you and others fail to comprehend. you have a few bad experiences against premades, and then you label all premades the same.

what is being debated (or we are trying anyway) is how to properly improve the quality of warzones in regs so that everyone can benefit.

Edited by cashogy_reborn