Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

I specifically said he was right.. about Behavioral Patterns not having a toggle. Learn how to read what I post. It IS possible to disagree with one point and agree with another.

I am in no way implying you feel the same way about his comparisons as he does.

But what he has posted as behavioral patterns are wildly inaccurate in comparison to the current situation. Not to mention it is completely off topic. Yes, people will do whatever they want on an anonymous internet. I don't think anyone will refute that point. But some people will drive home drunk if given the chance, that doesn't mean consuming alcohol should be illegal outside of your home.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how hard can it be for a 4 man premade to find 4-12 other ppl to do ranked with?

unless ofc its a cowards mentality and their fragile ego's that is running the show for them since they cant find some few more ppl to do ranked with

how hard can it be for a 4 man premade to find 4-12 other ppl to do ranked with?

unless ofc its a cowards mentality and their fragile ego's that is running the show for them since they cant find some few more ppl to do ranked with

How hard is it for a solo player to find 1-3 more players to get a group going? That question works both ways with that mindset.

Not everyone has the time for ranked. If you only get a few hours a night to play not every player who plays with a group of friends wants to spend time to get a full team going and spend time waiting for a pop to happen. I know when I was doing ranked on my sin it was late getting a team together with my guild and I would only get 1-3 games in a night. Now this was a few months ago and I no longer do ranked on my sin and I know things are better now but my main point stands.

Not everyone who runs a group wants to do ranked. Sure you get some that you describe as 'cowards' who don't want to partake in the ranked scene but a good chunk of players who run with groups in ranked either are not ready for that level of competition or simply have no desire to run ranked.

it can actually be hard.

if you only have 4, you first need to find 4 people interested in doing RWZ. easier said than done some times.

then, if you want a fighting chance you do need to have a decent composition. which means you probably need a specific 4 other people, which then limits your options pretty significantly.

also, you really need to have good team chemistry in order to be successful in RWZ. which means running with the same group of people is conducive to success. so many guilds wont run RWZ if their members are not all available.

you cant just slap together a RWZ team like you can a 4-man premade. i think that is something most do not understand b/c theyve never tried to participate in RWZ.

How hard is it for a solo player to find 1-3 more players to get a group going? That question works both ways with that mindset.

so i have to find 1-3 more ppl so you can have your damm fun?

The only people with fagile egos are the ones complaining about Premades.

The only people with fagile egos are the ones complaining about Premades.

really since premades don WANT to do ranked, if you are SO good, why the **** arent you doing ranked in the first place?

really since premades don WANT to do ranked, if you are SO good, why the **** arent you doing ranked in the first place?

You're really good at forum posting, why don't you start up a blog?

Maybe because you just enjoy posting on the internet occasionally and don't want the time commitment required to put a really good blog together on a regular basis. Maybe you just want to make some random comments rather than really sit down and think about what you're doing.

ranekd is not regs

You're really good at forum posting, why don't you start up a blog?

Maybe because you just enjoy posting on the internet occasionally and don't want the time commitment required to put a really good blog together on a regular basis. Maybe you just want to make some random comments rather than really sit down and think about what you're doing.

ranekd is not regs

arent you a really smart....

all im asking is why the hell premades cant quee up for some *********** ranked since they are "so good"

You're focusing on his poorly worded example to deny his entire point (which is rooted in fact, by the way).

You're also focusing on what the "victims" can or can't do, instead of what the "predatory figures" should or shouldn't be doing.

i missed this somehow....

so yeah youre now up there with comfer and tridus. 0 credibility.

forming a 4-man group for regs in no way, shape or form have anything in common with sexual assault. it is apples and oranges to the extreme.

and you do not get to pick and choose which part of the analogy you would like to focus on.

is grouping in an MMO bad? fk no.

is sexually assaulting a woman bad? yes, its a heinous crime and is against the law.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

arent you a really smart....

all im asking is why the hell premades cant quee up for some *********** ranked since they are "so good"

My analogy to you becoming a blogger was my reasoning. Just because I want to play with a friend or 3 doesn't mean I want to hop into competitive PvP. Just because you post online doesn't mean you want to write a weekly blog. Doing something similar or on a smaller scale doesn't always mean you are looking to continue moving up to bigger things.

i missed this somehow....

so yeah youre now up there with comfer and tridus. 0 credibility.

forming a 4-man group for regs in no way, shape or form have anything in common with sexual assault. it is apples and oranges to the extreme.

and you do not get to pick and choose which part of the analogy you would like to focus on.

is grouping in an MMO bad? fk no.

is sexually assaulting a woman bad? yes, its a heinous crime and is against the law.

While on your crusade, you've missed the point.

It is YOU who pick and choose, but not acknowledging that the analogy matters very little. It is the idea that the perpetrators of both share similar personality traits and behavioral characteristics.

I do not recall saying that the acts were in any way comparable, that would be offensive.

Again, the perpetrators share personality traits and behavioral characteristics, the same as an alcoholic and a gambler.

While on your crusade, you've missed the point.

It is YOU who pick and choose, but not acknowledging that the analogy matters very little. It is the idea that the perpetrators of both share similar personality traits and behavioral characteristics.

I do not recall saying that the acts were in any way comparable, that would be offensive.

Again, the perpetrators share personality traits and behavioral characteristics, the same as an alcoholic and a gambler.

so people grouping in an MMO share the same behavioral characteristics as a sexual predator... got it.

Don't play semantics and don't pretend that you are ignorant. You know very well what is meant here, but you never cease to stir the pot.

lets pretend i dont.

which behavioral characteristics are similar?

because last i checked, proponents of the solo-only queue want to segregate ALL premades. which would lead one to believe that all premades have these behavioral characteristics that make them unpleasant to be in WZs with.

so what is it about premades that you so dislike? bc with the amount of hatred in this thread towards premades, youd think they were doing something truly bad.

Man you are impossible to see reasoning beyond your own agenda.

I have stated several times I would be on board with a split queue if they could keep queue times down which imho would require cross servers. But splitting the queues does not help out with one thing that I have seen brought up plenty of times which is group comp, which teams do or do not have a healer or proper balance for that matter. You are still going to see lopsided matches in a solo queue it will not magically up your chances at winning or not get stomped.

Let us move to matchmaking. Here you would have a system in place which will keep an individual ranking or something along those lines which are tied to your character/account. You lose often you move into a lesser group skill, you win often you stay at the top. This is something I strongly feel would improve warzones over a split queue. If you have warzones based off of skill/randomness instead of just random teams that to me seems more logical.

And I am quite aware how business works and knowing that Bioware took quite a hit a while ago with loss of resources (they laid off plenty off staff) and to implement a system in cross server queues in which this game was never designed to have would require a lot of work. Unnecessary work if you ask me since there are a few high pop servers and if you are really aching for one of these you can transfer to one of them.

If you really think that making a ton of noise on cross servers will happen then put some effort into a new thread. If you put as much into it as this one you might get a response.

And with arenas coming you might see a more lax warzone experience as I know plenty of people who will be running them over regs and ranked.

I want to say to you and only you, sorry about my harsh tone. Since you seem to be the last bastion of reason and I lumped you in with the trolls.

Yea, I do come on very strong, only because the other side is the same way. They say they offer compromise but I think they are just settling for a band-aid solution. The reason why I'm not going to make a new thread is because a few of my friends are ready to jump ship on this game and I plan to go with them. Not saying SWTOR is bad, I had a wonderful experience PVP and PVE alike, so there is no ill-will toward the devs from me. I do wish though for a decent future for new comers, the current system just doesn't seem to allow that. You make good points that split queue isn't the best solution but neither is matchmaking, maybe one will work and the other won't or vice versa.

Pretty sure I won't be around to see it :p

Please see highlighted portion in my post. He said pretty clearly it's not in the plan. Meaning it's not being planned for. Cross server is something that will take a large amount of planning. They haven't even begun work on it. Look how long server transfers took to implement. They had basic prototypes of that in the works once they had copy to the PTS available.

So keep waiting. I'm sure BW will deliver.

And the troll gives up already.

Thanks for playing, gee I wonder why those server transfers went through.

I'll let you connect the dots, tired of doing the legwork for trolls.

Even I can't understand this path of argument.

I think this discussion is beyond calling premades these cowards that don't want to do ranked pvp.

Instead it's moved to how does solution A or solution B help everyone as a whole.

Solution A- Split queue: I think it's fair, casual premades don't face these hardcore ranked guys like others have said since they don't take up the majority of the population, but it creates longer queue times and you can still get paired in uneven matches. Removes the whining from premades of having "bad pugs" in their holy pvp matches, since most will gravitate toward solo queue. Problem pretty much fixes itself in that regard.

Solution B- Matchmaking: You get what we have now, only with a behind the scene ranking system to sort people out. It's fair and balanced for everyone but it doesn't factor in group composition, so one team can have the right amount of healers and the other team...well the short end of the stick. It also doesn't account for voice chat. Still a reasonable solution, but needs clear problems addressed if it wants to be labeled balanced.

Yea so, instead of labeling one side the bad guys. How about you do what I'm doing? Which is utterly destroying any flaws I see in a proposed solution. I don't need to name call anyone, I let the clear message speak for themselves. Which is why I have yet to be proven wrong on these forums.