Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ill just decree that all premades play down to the competition and let PuGs score and get nodes, etc...

Deal?

I think you'll have to agree that numbers 2 and 3 are inappropriate behavior and borderline griefing. tbh, I hadn't noticed that at all in the past couple months on my server. of course, with all the healing, the average games of VS, CW and NC skyrocketed. so it's a reasonable guess that even the trolls/farmers got tired of sitting in pointlessly long matches.

The premades exacerbate the imbalance by doing things like:

1. Capping both pylons in hypergate

2. Refusing to plant in the door to win in voidstar and instead farm medals

3. Avoid scoring in a 5-0 huttball match if they get easy kills

4. Not allow losing team to have one camp node in Civil War or Novarre Coast

1: Is a perfectly legitimate way to win a game. There have been numerous times where the team I was on managed to cap both pylons and recover from a dismal beginning.

2 and 3: Yeah, that is rather unsportsmanlike. But I have never seen #2 actually occur and I have only seen #3 once.

4: There is nothing that says that they have to let another team have one. To be honest, if a PuG team can't control 1 node, then there are bigger issues than facing a premade.

518 wins 3839 loses (I record each match into a excel spreedsheet), so you will say this is a L2P issue on my end which it might be, or it might be a computer issue because most pvp matchs 3-6 fps is my average even tho my latency remains around 20-50 ms. Reguardless of what might be a problem on my end, 87% of my losses are against a premade but 63% of my wins are with a premade on my side. The only matchs to me that are even enjoyable are the pure pug matchs which end up going either way.

With the introduction of 2.0 watching voidstars get over in 2 1/2 minutes from rolling down the field have increased (played with and against these). Nova Coast rolling to south and then capping in the corner (well the corner cap might be fixed now) have started to dwindle to the old slowing down of the match. In the end I am usually on the losing side and tho the two classes I use to play (Commando - Gunnery and Sorcerer - Corruption) are stationary classes for dps and healing efficiently that will always make me a primary target and 1st to die.

this whole post is just lol :D

1: Is a perfectly legitimate way to win a game. There have been numerous times where the team I was on managed to cap both pylons and recover from a dismal beginning.

2 and 3: Yeah, that is rather unsportsmanlike. But I have never seen #2 actually occur and I have only seen #3 once.

4: There is nothing that says that they have to let another team have one. To be honest, if a PuG team can't control 1 node, then there are bigger issues than facing a premade.

1. I agree with and have said this since the warzone first was put into circulation, unfortunately it is only now that it happens so much verse fighting in the middle. It still amazes me when the team I am on even pre-mades that join refuse this tactic until it happens to them a few times at which time they call the rest of the team bad, because they left 1 person verse 2-3 stealthers or do't go to help pylon defense.

2 ans 3 I see this alot and I mean alot from both sides and refuse to particpate. I will guard a node then do what I have happened to me many times in the past.

4. I see this happen alot and it is mostly the pre-made teams smashing a pure pug. A pure pug may have all new players or players that just are lacking gear/skill or just have other issues, like yelling at each other at that point about being rolf stomped (most the time we are saying where was call out or no one came when called). Once you lose a node tho as a pug team its harder but not impossible because of how fast some can get back to the node like nova coast.

518 wins 3839 loses (I record each match into a excel spreedsheet), so you will say this is a L2P issue on my end which it might be, or it might be a computer issue because most pvp matchs 3-6 fps is my average even tho my latency remains around 20-50 ms. Reguardless of what might be a problem on my end, 87% of my losses are against a premade but 63% of my wins are with a premade on my side. The only matchs to me that are even enjoyable are the pure pug matchs which end up going either way.

With the introduction of 2.0 watching voidstars get over in 2 1/2 minutes from rolling down the field have increased (played with and against these). Nova Coast rolling to south and then capping in the corner (well the corner cap might be fixed now) have started to dwindle to the old slowing down of the match. In the end I am usually on the losing side and tho the two classes I use to play (Commando - Gunnery and Sorcerer - Corruption) are stationary classes for dps and healing efficiently that will always make me a primary target and 1st to die.

My co-pilot is a wookiee

:D

Personally, I don't have a lot of time to waste on loading time and half games. But there goes a half an hour. Log in, queue into civil war, I do my job in the middle at start, less than sixty seconds into the game the premade has grass and snow. There's a lot I can do about this but at this point, I'm disenchanted with BW trying to sell me this B.S. experience at a quality rate. So, like a thousand other players queued up at the same time, I leave the WZ in disgust, thinking what garbage BW is selling, by allowing COORDINATED teams to spurn ranked and instead glut on what few pugs are left to waste money on this nonsense.

The glamour of a few hundred top medals screenshots starts to wear off. I remember huttball matches, pugs vs premades matches where I outperformed e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y, but no one else on my team lived long enough to score one point. I used to make a game of rage-****** their healers but all personal bests aside, I'm getting sick of a game you have to hate just to want to play.

Edited by Comfterbilly

Personally, I don't have a lot of time to waste on loading time and half games. But there goes a half an hour. Log in, queue into civil war, I do my job in the middle at start, less than sixty seconds into the game the premade has grass and snow. There's a lot I can do about this but at this point, I'm disenchanted with BW trying to sell me this B.S. experience at a quality rate. So, like a thousand other players queued up at the same time, I leave the WZ in disgust, thinking what garbage BW is selling, by allowing COORDINATED teams to spurn ranked and instead glut on what few pugs are left to waste money on this nonsense.

The glamour of a few hundred top medals screenshots starts to wear off. I remember huttball matches, pugs vs premades matches where I outperformed e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y, but no one else on my team lived long enough to score one point. I used to make a game of rage-****** their healers but all personal bests aside, I'm getting sick of a game you have to hate just to want to play.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......poor thing you cant win I see and you have made no friends. Let's blame everybody but yourself. If you see no one at mid then **** and help another node. Commmmmmmmmmmon knowledge in CW. O woe is me cuz I did my part and took mid when no one was there.

Edited by sirullrich

can you link the patch notes where bioware started preventing people from forming their own groups for PvP

:rolleyes:

can you link the patch notes where bioware started preventing people from forming their own groups for PvP

:rolleyes:

Not interested in grouping with a bunch of lowlifes so *I too can enjoy the thrill of easymode*. Not interested in having those lowlifes in my queue at all. This is all just a big free meal for premades, who are upset that we want to leave the dinner table. We're sick of it.

We'll be seeing all these premade players in our queue again anyway once they gut stuck forced to play and lose to other groups and thus cravenly trickle down to their best odds in solo.

Not interested in grouping with a bunch of lowlifes so *I too can enjoy the thrill of easymode*. Not interested in having those lowlifes in my queue at all. This is all just a big free meal for premades, who are upset that we want to leave the dinner table. We're sick of it.

We'll be seeing all these premade players in our queue again anyway once they gut stuck forced to play and lose to other groups and thus cravenly trickle down to their best odds in solo.

You are just being stubborn because if you ever joined a premade and lost you would be wrong in everything you have said so far. Basically you are the scared one and blame others for your faults. Stop being insecure and try to see how good you really are. Join a guild try some ranked then talk. I am pretty sure that most people started this game as pugs. I know I did. I was asked to join good guilds because of how good of a pug I was.

you are a bad

Sooo cute. :p

Sure there are a lot of bad players in this thread who have plenty of time to form a premade but just can't form good ones.

However, the point still stands that if a good player wants competition in regular matches then forming a good premade would be the last thing he/she should do. It is far more fun to risk getting stomped and actually have some challenging fights.

With some better matchmaking this person could form a premade and still have good matches.

I premaded a lot early on in swtor and I have led pvp guilds in other games. However, premading in this game is extremely boring. I really don't see the point in easy wins and not needing even the slightest bit of situational awareness. Good composition with guard/taunt/heals is beyond easymode in regular.

Sure there are a lot of bad players in this thread who have plenty of time to form a premade but just can't form good ones.

However, the point still stands that if a good player wants competition in regular matches then forming a good premade would be the last thing he/she should do. It is far more fun to risk getting stomped and actually have some challenging fights.

With some better matchmaking this person could form a premade and still have good matches.

I premaded a lot early on in swtor and I have led pvp guilds in other games. However, premading in this game is extremely boring. I really don't see the point in easy wins and not needing even the slightest bit of situational awareness. Good composition with guard/taunt/heals is beyond easymode in regular.

I totally agree with you. Ofcourse you'll have that few games in between where you are against that pre-made that's running along roflstomping the pugs but ofcourse if you got some friends you just make a pre-made to counter that pre-made and teach them how things are done properly :cool:

I do have to admit that I am sometimes fed up at certain times with the amount of "new players" or just "baddies" wich I end up with in a warzone if I am solo queeing, and since I like winning I will invite some players into a group to increase my winning chances.

And don't come saying to me that all pre-maders should go and play ranked. Firstly for ranked you need 8 players, that are willing to play together. Maybe that works for big *** pvp guilds on pvp servers, but that doesn't work f.e. on the server I am on right now wich is an RP/PVE server.

Secondly you need another team to play against , again on an RP/PVE server this is not something you find easily and if you do there will be only 2 or 3 teams on the entire server and only if the few guilds that are that much into PVP have enough players available for ranked.

I understand nobody likes to loose game after game, but the only one beeing able to do anything about that is Bioware by implementing a decent matchmaking system based on win/loss ratio or valor/experience.

I totally agree with you. Ofcourse you'll have that few games in between where you are against that pre-made that's running along roflstomping the pugs but ofcourse if you got some friends you just make a pre-made to counter that pre-made and teach them how things are done properly :cool:

I do have to admit that I am sometimes fed up at certain times with the amount of "new players" or just "baddies" wich I end up with in a warzone if I am solo queeing, and since I like winning I will invite some players into a group to increase my winning chances.

And don't come saying to me that all pre-maders should go and play ranked. Firstly for ranked you need 8 players, that are willing to play together. Maybe that works for big *** pvp guilds on pvp servers, but that doesn't work f.e. on the server I am on right now wich is an RP/PVE server.

Secondly you need another team to play against , again on an RP/PVE server this is not something you find easily and if you do there will be only 2 or 3 teams on the entire server and only if the few guilds that are that much into PVP have enough players available for ranked.

I understand nobody likes to loose game after game, but the only one beeing able to do anything about that is Bioware by implementing a decent matchmaking system based on win/loss ratio or valor/experience.

Matchmaking is a nice pipe dream but its a non-solution to this problem. You can set a rank and match it but you can't make that rank accurate. Premades shouldn't HAVE to play ranked but solos shouldn't HAVE to play premades. Premades are the ones wanting it both ways, and then to redefine the terms. This is their free meal, that Bioware is making them out of our pug subscriptions.

Premades want it so they can have their queue and ours too. Hey, separate the queues - us solos won't have a queue problem. The premades will have a queueu problem however, because once they start losing to each other, they'll all stop playing group, for the same reason they stop playing ranked. They are full of it.

Our queues will be just fine because they will be in it because they can't win 90% of the time vs. other groups. So no worries!

Edited by Comfterbilly

i just a warzone about an hour ago. a hypergate, where i had a premade on my team (all same guild). i was solo queued.

the opposition had one 4 man premade (again, all the same guild) and maybe a 2-man premade.

we got utterly stomped. do you know why? because the premade on my team was fraking awful. two of them failed to break 200k damage/ 20k protection in a 4 round hypergate.

if premades are all people stomping on pugs, please explain to me how this happened......

heres another. right after that i did a huttball. no obvious premades (all different guilds) on my team, and a 4 man premade on the other team (all same guild tag). and its huttball, which arguably requires more team cohesion than the other warzones.

guess the result? we won, 3-0. again, if premades are all constantly stomping pugs, please explain how this happened.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

i just a warzone about an hour ago. a hypergate, where i had a premade on my team (all same guild). i was solo queued.

the opposition had one 4 man premade (again, all the same guild) and maybe a 2-man premade.

we got utterly stomped. do you know why? because the premade on my team was fraking awful. two of them failed to break 200k damage/ 20k protection in a 4 round hypergate.

if premades are all people stomping on pugs, please explain to me how this happened......

heres another. right after that i did a huttball. no obvious premades (all different guilds) on my team, and a 4 man premade on the other team (all same guild tag). and its huttball, which arguably requires more team cohesion than the other warzones.

guess the result? we won, 3-0. again, if premades are all constantly stomping pugs, please explain how this happened.

So you are saying premades in their current state are pretty balanced overall.

So since you're side is worried that if separate queues happen, premade groups will face more roflstomps. Why are you afraid of something that you stated doesn't happen?

You can look at the current state of premade PVP, it doesn't want competition.

Magic.

So you are saying premades in their current state are pretty balanced overall.

So since you're side is worried that if separate queues happen, premade groups will face more roflstomps. Why are you afraid of something that you stated doesn't happen?

You can look at the current state of premade PVP, it doesn't want competition.

youre pretty blatantly putting words in my mouth... rofl

im not part of "team PUG" or "team Premade".... i do a little of both and i think that if each player took personal responsibility for how they played (rather than worrying about how their opponents are playing) the overall quality of reg WZs would improve drastically.

splitting the queues wont happen. for reasons that ive stated in this thread, as have others, and cba to repeat myself b/c bads dont know how to read. the short version is, what happened to Ranked WZs would happen to the premade bracket.

the problem in this argument is not premades; its bad players. folks seem to have no desire to take control of their own actions; they want easy-mode or to get carried by better players, or w/e. if they lose, the first thing they say is "that other guy had an unfair advantage", regardless of how much truth that statement holds. its never their own fault that they lose, therefore they can never realize their own faults and improve upon them to become a better player.

Cash, premades choose their teammates and pugs do not. I know there are a lot of bad premades but that is their problem. All I want is a premade matching system where if you are in a premade then you wait max of 5-10 mins before it places you in an otherwise all pug match.

Now this system will put you against bad premades (boring) sure but it will be more likely to place you against premades than it does now and therefore even matches will be at least slightly more common than they are now. If you are a good player then you should want this.

If this occured then I would premade again and I would rather premade than pug most of the time. I just refuse to premade now since premading is boring as hell with the current system.

As far as the noobs go they would be more likely to have fun matches. This is important. You and I were both noobs at one point (whether you will admit it or not). If swtor is to last longterm then noobs need to have fun in pvp as well. If you don't realize this then you are as dumb as the current bw devs!

I don't assume ALL solo players are bad, but when half your team shows up in recruit gear and wonder why we got stomped... This is pretty consistent nowadays.. When I see certain names in a PuG, I know our shot to win increases exponentially, regardless who we play. It has nothing to do with us premading and everything to do with L2P and learn to pick the right class.... BW can fix one, but not the other, which is at the core of this tired azz debate....

Advocate that players need to become more skilled... Mentor them as to improvement possibilities in performance.... Hell I give away free blue 28 augments and kits when those 23K people show up as a hint hint nudge nudge, that they are doing themselves and their teammates a disservice by showing up like that... Until you fix that, none of this premade stuff matters...

The skill ceiling is so damn low, how much better could a premade be? Stop being bad and advocating for mediocrity...

Wow... With all the Condescending jerks on this thread I didnt think I would find a worse one. But you take the cake. Not everyone on this thread is a bad that doesn't premade. And many who DO premade have even admitted there is a problem. Separating queues isnt the answer, I will admit that. A (even mediocre) matchmaking system and cross server queues would solve alot of problems addressed on this thread.

As for your comments about the recruit gear. The way you talk, you dont want new players to even attempt to PvP. With ToR going F2P, we had a HUGE influx (that means gain) of players. Naturally these players will eventually hit max level (SHOCKER) and may want to attempt to PvP. The best way to start this is with *GASP* Recruit gear! Stop being a royal DICK about this fact and encourage and attempt to HELP these players... they may take that help, improve, and become a "not bad" as you might put it. Instead *******es like you ridicule them and they quit (Handing out Blue mods helps, but only if you teach them in a way that DOESNT make them feel stupid... I have a feeling you dont do that). Lowering the population of players in PvP. Queue times rise, and then you ***** and moan about THAT... But its your fault.

Then there are players like myself. In 1.2 I had the highest tier of PvP gear possible (Either Champion or Centurion, I cant remember which). Then due to issues that people have to face in real life, I had to take a 8 month break. When I came back the Recruit gear was vastly superior to my old gear. I attempted to play, and got royally sick of the stupidity I was facing in matches, and gave up on PvP. Again, Population of players on PvP drops when this happens (I dont have the time to try to farm the gear to satisfy ***** like you, I have College, Work, and an Infant, cant sit on game for 14 hours a day)

Also, you advocate players not be a DPS merc or other classes... While these specs are not IDEAL for PvP, the player may ENJOY playing these specs. Why should they have to change what they enjoy so that you MIGHT stop thinking that they are a "bad". **** that. This is a GAME. Games are meant to be ENJOYED. If you dont like that, move to another game. I dont pay for this game so that I fit the "cookie cutter" role Elitist Jerks like you desire me to play, neither do most people. These people shouldnt be barred from playing a certain aspect of the game because of this. Like I said though, I dont PvP anymore. (For the Record, I was a heal Spec Commando. Did well also. But I see the point of the people who want to play to have fun.)

In the end. Stop being a Dick. You didnt come into this game with top end gear, nor were you "******" when you started either. You might want to remember that in your comments. Kharma is a ****, and with the way you talk, Im sure she is just WAITING to bite you in the dick!