Unofficial RP Super-Servers

Ganden

From the shatar RP server and when I say that there was RP there it was hidden whit direct info between guilds or inside guild only and away from public places as result of an alarming large part of the player base there been non Role player or even worse anti role-play that actively griffed us.

I dont know how quality is going to be but as an result of having an larger percent of the player on an server been RP and not just 1-3 %well as long as it over 40% im happy.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm joining Jung Ma.

I don't like the idea of joining a Full Server but the next largest RP-PVP server in North America is Ajunta Pall which only has a medium population and is a West NA server anyway.

Edited by ShardTosk

Given that after the majority of guilds (equating to 500 guild members) stayed on Trask and Vaanthe turned around to say that it was now unfair to promote either server over the other; to see this announcement is very saddening.

For SW-TOR to take this position I feel it is directly against those trying to create a community over on Trask and that SWTOR-RP will now continuously try to drown out our voice.

We could have all played fair, but for me when we look back on it; this is where the divide happened. Good luck to all the guilds on Prog.

I'm unsure if a competitive attitude is what is best.

There is no point in trying to sell praise of one server over all the others, as at this early stage (The first day to put that in perspective) there is literally nothing to sell. People should feel free to go where they please, as this is blank slate with which to draw your dream house on.

In my opinion:-

Advertising or bigging up a server is pointless and simply forges ridiculous rivalries or divides opinion. Drawing people to your server happens naturally as the community on your server is shown to pull together and expresses creativity, tolerance and in general, are shown to be nice people...

At this stage, you cannot determine any of that, and no amount of speculation of a particular person/groups ideas or inspirations will solidly determine how successful a server will be.

The only people who need to hear the voice of the people of the server, are the other people on the server. They are the only people who matter in this context.

Edited by Surberus

The following post concerns The Progenitor as 'Superserver', and pertains purely to the European servers.

Hey there,

After having spoken with many guild leaders who wish to remain on Trask Ulgo, and having seen the discussion appear on swtor-rp, I believe the top announcement is incorrect.

As the superserver management and a good deal of participants disagreed, a vast majority of the participants have decided to go to Trask Ulgo. I feel the first post is deception with regards to the events yesterday. Though I would love to see The Progenitor bloom, I do not think calling it the ultimate server(in light of Trask Ulgo) is the way to go. I would like a rewording in the original post to avoid confusing the new people :).

Good luck with the project regardless, just make sure to show that there's more than one option for RP on SWTOR.

Thanks,

Terrafros

Edited by Terrafros

The following post concerns The Progenitor as 'Superserver', and pertains purely to the European servers.

Hey there,

After having spoken with many guild leaders who wish to remain on Trask Ulgo, and having seen the discussion appear on swtor-rp, I believe the top announcement is incorrect.

As the superserver management and a good deal of participants disagreed, a vast majority of the participants have decided to go to Trask Ulgo. I feel the first post is deception with regards to the events yesterday. Though I would love to see The Progenitor bloom, I do not think calling it the ultimate server(in light of Trask Ulgo) is the way to go. I would like a rewording in the original post to avoid confusing the new people :).

Good luck with the project regardless, just make sure to show that there's more than one option for RP on SWTOR.

Thanks,

Terrafros

Hi. Superserver was decided to be the first alphabetical server. This was communicated on SWTOR-RP.com, on seperate guild websites and also on the SWTOR.COM community forum last week.

The Progenator is thus decided as the RP-PVE Superserver for Europe. You don't have to be a part of it. No need to be envious about it. Either join it or don't. I'm sure the non-super server communities will be fine.

There just are many who prefer to take the sure bet and amass on one RP server.

I'm sure the non-super server communities will be fine.

Y'see, this is the attitude that we should be careful about. The game has only just begun, and already we have a "You can go to a lesser server if you want, but why would you when you can have us" mentality starting up.

Healthy competition and rivalry is one thing. Outright sneering at each other because we're not on the "proper" server is another. You can say that this isn't what you're trying to do with this statement I've quoted, but you've definitely put yourself on the path to that attitude.

Y'see, this is the attitude that we should be careful about. The game has only just begun, and already we have a "You can go to a lesser server if you want, but why would you when you can have us" mentality starting up.

Healthy competition and rivalry is one thing. Outright sneering at each other because we're not on the "proper" server is another. You can say that this isn't what you're trying to do with this statement I've quoted, but you've definitely put yourself on the path to that attitude.

Beautifully put :cool:.

I'm not sneering anything. You're completely missing the point. The RP community on several websites have selected a server to amass on. That doesn't mean that the other servers are lesser, but they will most likely have less roleplayers.

If you take WoW for example you could compare the superserver to Defias Brotherhood or Argent Dawn. Both have large communities and both servers where picked the same way The Progenitor was picked (first alphabetical).

That doesn't mean that the various other RP servers didn't have wonderful flourishing roleplaying communities. I'm sure many roleplayers enjoyed a wonderful gaming time on Earthen Ring and Moonglade and such.

I'm not calling any other server "lesser", but there is an effort to amass all roleplayers on one server. And if you don't want to be part of that effort fine, then don't be a part of it. But that's no reason to attack this effort and demand the original poster to change his post like some are doing.

Hi. Superserver was decided to be the first alphabetical server. This was communicated on SWTOR-RP.com, on seperate guild websites and also on the SWTOR.COM community forum last week.

The Progenator is thus decided as the RP-PVE Superserver for Europe. You don't have to be a part of it. No need to be envious about it. Either join it or don't. I'm sure the non-super server communities will be fine.

Why can there be only 1 superserver for the EU? 3.8 million people preordered the game, mostly USA and EU people. Surely there can be two good RP servers?

Why should the choice of the people from swtor-rp.com dictate what the superserver will be? Why cant both servers get an equal promotion and equal attention? There is choice for everyone and all should get an equal starting point. Instead of saying "we on swtor-rp.com decided that this will be the superserver, so this is it, and you will abide by it because we say so", might it not be nicer to say: "Well, we picked The Progenitor to gather on, however others have picked Trask Ulgo. You are welcome to join us."

This discussion is getting silly, not a single person in this thread, or indeed this forum can conclusively say whether one particular server will have a higher number of players than another by the time launch occurs, and as myself, and another fellow have said, having a high number of players doesn't necessarily make it better, while it does help.

This descent into an argument however, does not...

Its fine to entertain the idea of making a super-server, and conversely everyone has the right to do as they please. Only time will tell whether a particular place becomes "The Place To Be"

Edited by Surberus

If you want to promote a different server as your decision that is fine; no one is stopping you. I wasn't on Moon Guard in WoW and I was fine. I find it funny that people are decrying this as a source of drama when no one is actually thumbing their noses at people who decide not to take part in this.

I currently play on Wrymrest accord, and its awesome. I dont know where you got the information it was "moon guard lite" whatever that means. But it is an amazing server with an amazing community, and plenty of open RP and RP events.

"if you didnt play a Blood Knight as some jackbooted fel ingesting..."

I laughed so hard I almost peed. Thank you for that.

I've got to go with the people who are warning you against this. Yes, Moon Guard was a "Super-server" regarding RP. But it didn't start off that way. It was a lucky combination of brand new server being created with the launch of TBC with the decline of the other RP servers due to an influx of non-RPers and blatant griefers. So, everyone transfered to Moon Guard, creating that "Last Bastion of RP" that it called itself.

The problem was, it completely decimated the other RP servers. It stripped them of so many RPers that they may as well have changed to pure PvE servers. Moon Guard was a great place to RP... for a while. And then the arrogance set in.

"Moon Guard is the only place to find good RP."

"If you want to actually do real RP, you have to come to Moon Guard."

"We're the last bastion of RP. Anyone who's anyone will come here to experience quality RP."

And so on. Moon Guard became the only place to find any kind of RP, simply because everyone had abandoned the other servers to go to Moon Guard. When Wyrmrest Accord was opened, there was some hope that a second RP server that thrived would make things better, but that hope quickly died when WRA quickly became Moon Guard-lite. It had the exact same attitudes and practices as Moon Guard (which wasn't surprising, since a great many people came from MG), and so nothing changed on the RP front.

With one notable exception: the RPers on Moon Guard became even more arrogant. "See? Even a new RP server couldn't stop us." The result was a wave of entitlement and power tripping that, quite frankly, you wouldn't think was possible on a server dedicated to playing "let's pretend." It started off slowly enough, but quickly grew to epidemic proportions. The number of threads entitled, "How to RP a _____ properly" started to become a weekly thing.

This would be fine, except for the fact that these people were making the claim that if you didn't RP exactly how they wanted you to, you were wrong, and you should get off their server until you got it right. Normally, this would be a laughable position to take, except that they were getting the backing of a great many of the server population. Never mind that the lore is open-ended enough to allow for multiple interpretations, never mind that the lore was contradictory in many cases, and definitely never mind that each character should be different from each other. The fact was, if you didn't RP a Night Elf precisely as a feral, tree-hugging, other race-hating, "me woman me in charge" way, you were doing it wrong. And if you didn't RP a Blood Knight as a jackbooted, fel magic injesting, power abusing, stone-cold killer way, you were somehow taking the lore of the game, setting it on fire, and urinating on it in order to put it out.

Why would you want to do this deliberately? The last thing this game needs is a single "super-server" that will not only lead, but encourage, this kind of behaviour. What this game needs is four, maybe even five, thriving servers that encourage and rival each other. Think of it this way: would it be better to look at the other servers and sneer, "We have all the RPers, of course we're great," or would it be better to look at each other and say, "Did you hear about the RP event The Ebon Hawk put on? Holy crap, we've gotta top that?"

I think the answer to that one is obvious.

Why can there be only 1 superserver for the EU? 3.8 million people preordered the game, mostly USA and EU people. Surely there can be two good RP servers?

Why should the choice of the people from swtor-rp.com dictate what the superserver will be? Why cant both servers get an equal promotion and equal attention? There is choice for everyone and all should get an equal starting point. Instead of saying "we on swtor-rp.com decided that this will be the superserver, so this is it, and you will abide by it because we say so", might it not be nicer to say: "Well, we picked The Progenitor to gather on, however others have picked Trask Ulgo. You are welcome to join us."

I don't know if you played WoW. When RP-PVP was announced many people were worried there would not be enough roleplayers. So there was an effort to get them on the same server and the first alphabetical server was picked. The server was a huge succes, crowded to the brim with roleplayers and it still is a wonderful RP server. If you compare Defias Brotherhood to other RP serves like The Venture Co which was also released the same day the difference is like day and night.

The idea behind the superserver is to get more roleplayers in one place. Why would you want to split up as roleplayers? Isn't it much nicer to have a server with 2000 roleplayers on it instead of 2 servers with 1000 roleplayers each?

Thus is this effort from the RP community to get all roleplayers on one server, The Progenitor. It's in the interest of a roleplayer to be part of a large RP community.

Hi, it's Cabe from Pax Dominus here. I just wanted to say that so far we've had an excellent experience on Lord Adraas, from a RP standpoint. We participated in the Guild Deployment program, so it was luck that we ended up on an RP "superserver". But nonetheless, I love the concept.

We plan on having our fair share of RP events and I can't wait to get to know the server community! :)

I don't know if you played WoW. When RP-PVP was announced many people were worried there would not be enough roleplayers. So there was an effort to get them on the same server and the first alphabetical server was picked. The server was a huge succes, crowded to the brim with roleplayers and it still is a wonderful RP server. If you compare Defias Brotherhood to other RP serves like The Venture Co which was also released the same day the difference is like day and night.

The idea behind the superserver is to get more roleplayers in one place. Why would you want to split up as roleplayers? Isn't it much nicer to have a server with 2000 roleplayers on it instead of 2 servers with 1000 roleplayers each?

Thus is this effort from the RP community to get all roleplayers on one server, The Progenitor. It's in the interest of a roleplayer to be part of a large RP community.

I still don't understand where this guaranteed higher population comes into it...

All the project does is encourage a specific base number of people to go to a certain place, not that everyone else, who is not part of the project will go to entirely different servers, and thus you will have a very well distributed population..

You know, seeing as your suggesting an entire projects worth of players will jump in to speed a server to Cap.

Wouldn't you rather play on the server with 1000 players and no queues, than a server with 2000 and 10 minutes to wait every time you log in? Just a possibility, but its definitely a possibility

Anyway, criticism over,

As the poster above me says there's a lot of good RP to be had elsewhere, and i'm sure no matter where people end up, they will for the most part, thoroughly enjoy their time there.

Edited by Surberus

My point is that you discredit those on other severs, by basicly saying: join us, because we made ourselves the superserver. Not taking into account alot of guilds, and thus people have been placed on Trask Ulgo. If there would not be any placement, it matters little. But when a smaller group is placed on a server and calls for all to move to them, is a little unfair to the others.

This does not mean I discredit your server choice, and I hope RP flourishes on all servers.

I think bickering, nitpicking at other people's words and taking things out of context is more damaging than trying to gather as many RPers as possible onto one server.

We're making a mountain from a molehill here. In the end, we're all playing the same game, and we're all RPers in this game. There's no reason why RPers should be segregated according to their server when there are so many resources and methods for everyone to come together, whether you're from the big or small server.

I believe this is making a storm in a waterglass as we say in Sweden. :) - SWTOR has plenty of people having bought the game and plenty of those are bound to be roleplayers and I am sure that we in the end will need more than two EU-RP-PVE servers.

I wish both servers well and am also 100% sure that both will have great communities. As far as I understood it prior to all these talks (enlighten me if I have misunderstood anything), was that the alphabethical order - the first one - would be the superserver and it seems as valid a method as anyone else to use.

I don't believe anyone should change server, they should more likely choose a server they believe in and then try it out for a while. Myself and our guild, CIB, will be at the Progenitor for two reasons: A - We were deployed there and will of course try our surroundings out. I see no reason for why we should change before we even know if the roleplaying community there will be a success or not. B - As far as I understand it, that server was also the first in alphabethical order which was announced earlier?

Anyways, please don't get a heart attache anyone. There are LOADS of roleplayers coming in and BOTH servers will have a great RP-community formed. I am sure of it.

Edited by Razzmatin