SSSP announcement speculation!

Lord_Ravenhurst

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But.. how soon? :D

Soon in a month, or soon sometime next year?

Soon™ - the beauty of which is that it can mean anything from in 30 seconds to never.

At least we can be sure that this timeframe is 100% confirmed :D

I wish I could just tell my boss Soon!!(™). Everything would be so much easier. I would have a 100% on time delivery. :p

:cool:

How was that Black prophecy game? If they really bought it please don´t tell me it was instanced hell - open universe to explore with trading etc. ? Or "Moonbreakers" gameplay?

edit: ok found a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXu1uYrGcSQ&t=2m5s

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/25/black-prophecy-says-good-bye-today-with-parties/

It obviously had a rather lukewarm reception

Heh...

I was in the beta for it. Had potential but I didn't care so much for the instancing.

Trading/crafting was ... weird. You spent a lot of time flying back and forth between stations waiting for the 'random generator' to come up with something you could use.

Thing was, for whatever reason (don't recall if RL, or if I started playing something else) I stopped playing it for a week or two. Then *poof*

The game basically dissapeared.

The beta client no longer connected.

Ok .. the game must have gone live.

Can't find the forums any longer.

Website was just 'gone'.

Can't even find the game.

Looking back this must have been the point where the original developers ran out of money.

Never heard anything else about the game untill the announcment that it was closing.

So, yeah .... I'd say absolutely terrible job of marketing. For a person who was a part of the beta even, it was as if the game had never existed.

Edited by Voranis

I wish I could just tell my boss Soon!!(™). Everything would be so much easier. I would have a 100% on time delivery. :p

:cool:

well, never try that "soon" thing as an employee. Your boss won't find it amusing. :D

Only games companies are allowed to do that to their bosses (the customers) which then fire.. their products

because every time they release info about an upcoming addition to the game it backfires.

For example look at TFB. They announced it over 2 months ago and when it came out people were saying "So what we knew about this months ago show us something new"

Uh, I think it backfired because it was incredibly LIGHT on content.

It's supposed to be a major content patch and it essentially has ONE operation that only a handful of people will want to do. I'm on a PVP server, this patch had LITERALLY nothing for me or ANYONE in my guild or who I play with.

Their own polls show that PVP is the number one most commonly engaged in activity across all servers, and their huge awesome content patch that we've been waiting months for doesn't have ANY pvp in it, no new WZ no new gear, no start of season 1, no open world pvp, nothing.

The last content patch had a flashpoint, wz, and operation as well as a whole bunch of new crafting and collectible stuff, speeders, schematics color crystals. This patch had so little it was a joke and on top of it broke the client of tons of people.

A possible thought is the project's intellectual property considerations. They may be doing something markedly different and are just not in a position to divulge anything that could cause them to inadvertently lose their IP rights to the public domain. Given even a flicker of opportunity I'm sure competitors would gang up on that. Edited by GalacticKegger

You can count on it that it's canned. Just look how many people they fired in the last months. Check out how many bugs 1.4 has introduced. Take a look at the "new" endgame armor, a palette swap is not new gear - they don't even have enough guys left to draw some new armor models.

Could it be that they have slowed down content patches so that the LIVE team is smaller and they moved more to the SSSP Team? I just wish they would at least do a *We would Like to introduce the lead designer of the SSSP project* THREAD LOL

Could it be that they have slowed down content patches so that the LIVE team is smaller and they moved more to the SSSP Team? I just wish they would at least do a *We would Like to introduce the lead designer of the SSSP project* THREAD LOL

Just as long as it's NOT GA! :D

No lol. Aren't you paying ANY attention? Next month, November, the game goes FREE TO PLAY (F2P). That is where all their effort is currently going. Not into the SSSP...not until after F2P launches and launches with enough 'stuff' to sell in the store.

No lol. Aren't you paying ANY attention? Next month, November, the game goes FREE TO PLAY (F2P). That is where all their effort is currently going. Not into the SSSP...not until after F2P launches and launches with enough 'stuff' to sell in the store.

There's no reason to believe they've canned the SSSP project since it was confirmed as ongoing in August.

The link to the thread is in my signature.

There's nothing concrete to believe a 3D space sim in the same mold as Jump to Lightspeed will 'save' the game but as a player I WANT IT. I want it badly. If they can't do it with this game then there's a secondary Star Wars market available for Lucas Arts to create a specifically space based MMO. Star Wars IP is as much if not more so space than ground and the possibilities are endless if done correctly.

Please LA/Bioware take my money and let me relive my glory days flying my X-wing just like I did as a teenager in X-Wing and the other games that spawned off it.

My assumption is Battlefront 3 is a plan for space pvp for SWTOR.

IF that where to happen it would be the greatest thing since walking. Ground based combat mixed with space combat in a search and destroy style which would make the current warzones seem like early leveling by comparison.

If we had battlefront style space combat mixed with ground combat 8 vs 8 or gods forbid 16 vs 16 ... this would change the face of PVP in MMOs forever.... and flood back players to SWTOR. As someone who hates PVP even i would devote more time to PVP if they added battlefront style pvp to this game.

THIS is what I've been screaming for a while now. If BW made Battlefront style PVP space combat WZ's (!!!!), it would turn the game completely around for the better!

As a hardcore PVP'er...this would be heaven. Instead of trying to blast 3 doors on the Voidstar on the way to getting your objective, how awesome would it be for there to be a WZ sort of like the beginning of Star Wars Episode III? You know...fighting your way through PVP space combat NOT ON RAILS, destroy enemy blast sheilds so you can board and then proceed to ground PVP once you're on deck en route to obtaining another objective?

This would be gold :D

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

I found a great game while waiting for SSSP,there is this one (1) guy named Shawn who created a whole Universe with planets and atmospheric flight, check out the development diary for his game Evochron

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/development.htm

Totally amazing, he did the programming, textures and story ALONE :eek:

BW should hire this guy!

I found a great game while waiting for SSSP,there is this one (1) guy named Shawn who created a whole Universe with planets and atmospheric flight, check out the development diary for his game Evochron

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/development.htm

Totally amazing, he did the programming, textures and story ALONE :eek:

BW should hire this guy!

seriusly can u stop trolling people?

As a veteran fan of space exploration / space combat / trading games I´ve been searching the Internet for new developments while waiting for new infos on Biowares SSSP !

Now look what I´ve found here:

-- VALVE is working on "Stars of Barathrum" which looks like an epic space open world MMO done in their own proprietary Source engine

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1217651

-- Chris Roberts, maker of Freelancer/Privateer/Wing Commander creates new space MMO

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Together with TOR SSSP I think 2013 will be a great year for Space Sim fans!

• 4 weeks later...
But I´m getting tired of waiting, this has been going on for years, waiting for Battlefront 3 - NEVER arrived, waiting for a new X-Wing space sim - NEVER arrived, waiting for Elite 4 - NEVER arrived, waiting for SSSP news since TOR relase - NOTHING.

what the heck is wrong with the game industry, don´t they want my money or what? :D

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/