Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 2 piece PvE set bonus they still do with Grav round....

30% from gear, 5% from Buff, 15% from 2 piece bonus = 50% chance

Yes I know. But cut that 30% from gear down by about 10 in 2.0

What if it were 5 instant cast Grav Rounds?

Then the setup would still be way too long in any kind of PVP environment.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

When I can kill a class without even taking a single point of damage (the amount of damage that a merc gave me was not enough to pop my bubble) more than once, that is a problem. (note: this has happened to me more than once on my sentinel -> having soloed a merc / commando without having my bubble pop, and yes I know it's soloed because the medal popped up).

Mercs and Commandos need serious help.

I would trade some set up time for being able to shoot on the move. Though I would prefer it to still give 2 stacks per cast.

Not that it's going to happen anyway.

why? we already have the longest set-up time by far. our entire rotation of core abilities takes, at minimum, 6 GCDs to get through.

sometimes it is smart to ask for a compromise. but you dont ask for a compromise that ends up making you worsex

why? we already have the longest set-up time by far. our entire rotation of core abilities takes, at minimum, 6 GCDs to get through.

sometimes it is smart to ask for a compromise. but you dont ask for a compromise that ends up making you worsex

I know. But we also don't need to fire off all 6 GCDs to get decent burst. If it was one stack per cast, a three stack of Grav Vortex and a Demo Round would still give fairly decent burst if they all crit. Like I said though, I would prefer it if they remained at 2 stacks per cast. This would also address two of the biggest issues that we face.

Being easily interrupted and self rooting. Though both would still exist with Full Auto.

It does, really, no good to have a debuff if we can't get that cast off. So, let's insure that we can get the debuff out so that our HiBs and Demo Rounds can do a bit more damage.

Edited by DariusCalera

I'd much rather have Grav Round deliver its entire effects in ONE cast and have to stay rooted.

if we're going for compromise I'd much prefer that. A long setup time makes you subpar in PVP no matter what.

And I don't even wanna START getting into how that would be an awful bloody idea in PVE, which if you make my commando any less effective in PVE I will literally find a way to punch you straight through your monitor >.>

Edited by ArchangelLBC

I'd much rather have Grav Round deliver its entire effects in ONE cast and have to stay rooted.

if we're going for compromise I'd much prefer that. A long setup time makes you subpar in PVP no matter what.

And I don't even wanna START getting into how that would be an awful bloody idea in PVE, which if you make my commando any less effective in PVE I will literally find a way to punch you straight through your monitor >.>

If they did this though, they would make it similar to the snipers ability and give it a 6 second cool down which would make it a pain trying to get a CoF proc from it which would ruin it for PvE as well. Unless they upped the proc chance to 70% or something. But I don't see that happening either.

If they did make it like the snipers ability it would be an instant cast and not a channel so that would be something.

Edited by DariusCalera

When I can kill a class without even taking a single point of damage (the amount of damage that a merc gave me was not enough to pop my bubble) more than once, that is a problem. (note: this has happened to me more than once on my sentinel -> having soloed a merc / commando without having my bubble pop, and yes I know it's soloed because the medal popped up).

Mercs and Commandos need serious help.

I'm sorry but if this is true then that merc was just plain horrible. Yes we have issues but we are no where near that bad. I win many 1 vs 1 with my commando and have only once been killed before i could attack. (This was back when you could stack adrenals & relics and operatives had crazy opening burst.)

Crackroxx

I'm sorry but if this is true then that merc was just plain horrible. Yes we have issues but we are no where near that bad. I win many 1 vs 1 with my commando and have only once been killed before i could attack. (This was back when you could stack adrenals & relics and operatives had crazy opening burst.)

Crackroxx

if he's playing watchman sentinal, he has 2 interrupts on extremely short cds and the channeled stun. add grenade or use awe for another stun. 90% acc debuff. this is very possible against grav spammer

If they did this though, they would make it similar to the snipers ability and give it a 6 second cool down which would make it a pain trying to get a CoF proc from it which would ruin it for PvE as well. Unless they upped the proc chance to 70% or something. But I don't see that happening either.

If they did make it like the snipers ability it would be an instant cast and not a channel so that would be something.

No, they wouldn't have to do that. Or they could force us to rely on Charged Bursts to Proc CoF. But really they should just leave it as it is EXCEPT make it apply full armor debuff in one cast, possibly with full Charged Barrel and full buffs to DR.

Either way the setup is way too long.

Also seriously stop suggesting things which make it worse in PVE ffs >.>

if he's playing watchman sentinal, he has 2 interrupts on extremely short cds and the channeled stun. add grenade or use awe for another stun. 90% acc debuff. this is very possible against grav spammer

I guess that could be what happened, haven't played gunnery since before 1.2. Back then nobody understood what interrupt was for. Hence why we got labeled OP.

Crackroxx

When i first started playing swtor i wanted to be what everyone would NOT be, a guy who couldnt use the force but managed to kill stuff anyway due to superiour tactical and technical solutions. That didnt pan out the way i had hoped.

haha, same here! I become a sniper! Ang guess what.. IT PAYED OFF! :D

I will not be surprised if they do not fix merc with this patch. I hope they do asap and get the notes on the forum, I really want to play mine during the 2x exp weekends.

2k Exp-Weekend? Ehem, Merc only suxx in Endgame-PvP. For Leveling / PvE / Operations and 1-49bracket he is godly.

• 2 years later...