do sages have stealth?(better yet a vanish cuz he was in combat)

XkomaX

was just wondering how a sage repeatedly disappeared while in combat in a wz?

naturale 50 sage bastion server is the sage in question

i mean atleast 5 times he vanished mid combat reason i know he was in combat is i was attacking him

1 time he was being pulled by a PT into the fire trap and disappeared only to magically reappear on the otherside of the pit

the reason i say he was vanishing is not only did i lose sight of him i lost target as well

i mean im just wondering i mean at first i thought it lag maybe but about the 5th time and i mean no signs of lag on his or my part no chop no skipping id be attacking and then poof *** happened o hes way over there about 4 to 5 secs later even tho i have dots rolling on him

just looking for lil input or opinions ......

i mean atleast 5 times he vanished mid combat reason i know he was in combat is i was attacking him

1 time he was being pulled by a PT into the fire trap and disappeared only to magically reappear on the otherside of the pit

the reason i say he was vanishing is not only did i lose sight of him i lost target as well

i mean im just wondering i mean at first i thought it lag maybe but about the 5th time and i mean no signs of lag on his or my part no chop no skipping id be attacking and then poof *** happened o hes way over there about 4 to 5 secs later even tho i have dots rolling on him

Its a visual graphics bug its happened to me and alot of my guildies as of late especially in voidstar. Its rather annoying. I don't know why BW had o go and mess with the graphics with this last patch they where fine. No one cared about the uber 3D shadows n ****.

Also for some reason running the game on max settings seems to turn merc bullets into green fuzz. also the merc seems to lose a hold of their guns and they float in space while healing from mid node to snow. LOL! -I love seeing that graphic bug tho! Ive brought these issues up on the customer service forums and they are:

"Looking into it"

Read the patch notes, it's the new Survive ability. There does seem to be a bug with it. You vanish and teleport to a random location on the map properly but the heal to full only seems to proc 40% of the time instead of 100%.

:rak_03:

I would normally say that this is just lag, but I've seen a pretty big spike in this happening recently, so I'm beginning to think its a new hack. I rarely see it happening randomly - like running around in the background or from cover to cover (though admittedly I'm not looking at those players as often). I tend to see it happen frequently when the ball carrier is near the endzone, right after someone gets pulled into combat and is getting focused down, if someone is pushed into a trap, etc.

Had this happen to me with a Sage also, he had about 20% hp left, standing near the bridge on the second set of doors. I figured this would be an easy quick kill to finish him off, hit assassinate and bam, he vanished only to reappear at the health pack in the corner. Latency seemed to be fine, and a guild member in the match watched as this happened also.

I have been seeing this quite a bit lately, we actually had a Marauder Force Camo with the ball in Huttball near the endzone to only reappear behind the line for the score, never resetting the ball.

With the vanishing Sage, I suppose I could agree that this could be a lag issue, as I always seem to lag around Sages/Sorcs anymore. Yet I've had this same solid net connection for years and no problems in any other games.

Edited by SyphonSith

Had this happen to me with a Sage also, he had about 20% hp left, standing near the bridge on the second set of doors. I figured this would be an easy quick kill to finish him off, hit assassinate and bam, he vanished only to reappear at the health pack in the corner. Latency seemed to be fine, and a guild member in the match watched as this happened also.

I have been seeing this quite a bit lately, we actually had a Marauder Force Camo with the ball in Huttball near the endzone to only reappear behind the line for the score, never resetting the ball.

With the vanishing Sage, I suppose I could agree that this could be a lag issue, as I always seem to lag around Sages/Sorcs anymore. Yet I've had this same solid net connection for years and no problems in any other games.

its not your net connection. bioware blames your IP or your system, but in reality it is on their end.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

yea i tried to report him but as i couldnt figure it out ,hit submit report and nothing or it plain didnt work in game

i just thought it sad someone that geared in a regular warzone felt the need to hack cuz thats what it had to be i have a very decent pc good connection and i have seen lag (of all kinds especially in huttball)

I've seen too many false complaints about hacking (oh, you silly speed hacking combat sentinel teams) and never anyone hacking in game. Furthermore, almost all of the accusations have come from bad players. Never seen someone from the top PvP teams complain about hacks.

So, if you are going to accuse, please include proof.

I've seen too many false complaints about hacking (oh, you silly speed hacking combat sentinel teams) and never anyone hacking in game. Furthermore, almost all of the accusations have come from bad players. Never seen someone from the top PvP teams complain about hacks.

So, if you are going to accuse, please include proof.

Thats because the top pvp teams are hacking. :jawa_evil:

I chalk most of it to server sync issues. I have seen (on my screen) that sometimes when I force leap to people in NC, that they disappear into the ground. I can't hit them at that point, but they can still damage me. After a few secs, they reappear and all is normal.

Happened to me a few times.

I thought I was mistaken and the guy I was fighting is not a sage but rather a Shadow.

But it was indeed a sage (because I always go for sage 1st and this happened when I was playing my concealment operative, so I intended to attack that sage).

And yes you lose target as well when he disappear from my screen.

But the weird stealth dont seem to last long, both times where it happened I was able to turn around and retarget him after 2 to 3 seconds.

I assumed its a graphical glitch introduced with 1.4 patch.

Edited by warultima

... (because I always go for sage 1st ...)

This is why I hate being a Sage in a Warzone against players that know what they are doing... Ok, back to the original topic.

Sounds like a hack to me... I have seen glitches from lag and other server type issues but those usually only result in the player being fractionally at a different spot on the map, nothing far away.

Correct me if i am wrong, when this game desync's/ lags out, the following happens:

1. No actions register - This is always noticeable

2. The actual location of a toon is not necessarily rendered/redered accurately - This is not always noticeable

Which sound like exactly what the op describes... no?

On the harbinger its been pretty common since the big server merge.

you really could be right at first i was thinking it was a de-syncing issue and bio-ware in all there wisdom and foresight deciding to use hd space instead of ram to run this game de sync issues take seconds instead of mili-seconds to resolve itself and there can be spotting issues when this happens but......

1. happened way to many times

2. the distance he moved was not just a lil movement

and me being good or bad i n pvp really has nothing to do with a sage straight disappearing mid combat

There was a big patch last week. I'd put any new weirdness down to bugs for now (had a marauder sink into the ground in front of me last night).

Report odd stuff to CS in-game and hopefully it'll get fixed. But do try and make sure it's not just some ability you don't know about.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I've been noticing a graphic bug more often as of late, where it displays your target falling through the floor. They are right in front of me, still attacking me, but falling about 200m away, lol. After this, they reappear in front of me, about 5-10 seconds later. During that time, I am unable to attack back, as well.

Hi, this is Naturale.

A fellow player alerted me to this post so I thought I'd pay a visit, and by virtue, clear up and close the matter.

I do not hack. I deplore cheating as it takes the challenge, and therefore fun, out of gaming. While I have no solid explanation of what caused this on your end there are logical conclusions just from part of your post.

"1 time he was being pulled by a PT into the fire trap and disappeared only to magically reappear on the otherside of the pit"

That sounds like a respawn to me. Fire traps tend to kill you. After a sprint out the door it probably looks magical, I guess. I do not have a stealth but I do have a sprint which can get me places fast while your connection or game might be bugged/lagged whatever.

I have myself experienced a loss of a visible 'body', for example when I get hit for 6k and then three blinks of my eyes later there's the mara/sent that force leaped on me six blinks ago, the last thing I need is invisible warriors.

Take off the tin foil hats folks.