So is this the patch we're looking for?

Jaick

You all think this patch is going to fix the horrible stuttering and the graphical hiccups?

I'm crossing my fingers. Love to be able to turn my shadows and nameplates back on.

Edited by Jaick

*waves hand*

There are no bugs or glitches. The game is working flawlessly.

Move along.

Yeah .. playing with giant name tags so that the graphics stutter and lag is ... well less than unplayable levels, is getting on my nerves.

Can't see much beyond a furball of oversized red name tags in WZ's.

Edited by Voranis

Sure thing Mr Gates and your super computer.

Hyperbole.

Also runs great on my mid-range gaming laptop. Slightly higher frame rates in fact, then prior to 1.4.

protip: not everyone is having performance problems with the patch. Some are, some are not. The irony is that two people with the same graphics hardware get two completely different post patch results..... so there is more going on here then simply graphics rendering IMO.

I've noticed increased lag and chop in a lot of random places.

Hoth in general is playable, but just inside Aurek Station is horrible.

I found zooming all the way in, until its first person view, helps a lot.

If that doesn't quite cut it, look down at the floor and use the minimap to navigate the building.

Once you're outside, readjust your zoom and angles as normal.

Hyperbole.

Also runs great on my mid-range gaming laptop. Slightly higher frame rates in fact, then prior to 1.4.

protip: not everyone is having performance problems with the patch. Some are, some are not. The irony is that two people with the same graphics hardware get two completely different post patch results..... so there is more going on here then simply graphics rendering IMO.

ugh, I hate that word...so over used on these boards it almost has no meaning anymore. "Hyberbole."

Indeed, pre-1.4 The fixes for stuttering consisted of downloading and installing DX libraries, and cycling character textures to low then back to high.

The issue is with the way the game loads textures.

1.4 came along and the above 'fixes' no longer have any impact and the stuttering is worse than ever.

Turning off 'name tags scale with distance' provides a considerable improvement. This however leaves you with a big pile of name tags blocking your view.

Add to it the fact that the game's memory leaks have been largely ignored, and after a couple hours gameplay further degrades. For some (seems to be those on 32bit OS's) CTD's start happening.

The new 'super servers' also introduced random lag spikes, which havn't gotten any better.

At this point the game's performance is a 'little of everything' problem.

Hyperbole.

My understanding is it's primarily crossfire/sli problem, which I'd imagine probably isn't "mid-range" gaming laptops. It's the high end ones that are suddenly seeing the game becomes pretty much unplayable regardless of graphic settings. (only thing that helped in my case was turning off the nameplates & nameplate scaling)

(kinda funny watching the in-game FPS indicator... standing still 60..60..60..60..60..60..

take a step forward... 4..5..3..60..60..60..

run forward 4..5..3..60...5...7..60..3..4..1..4..60

My understanding is it's primarily crossfire/sli problem, which I'd imagine probably isn't "mid-range" gaming laptops. It's the high end ones that are suddenly seeing the game becomes pretty much unplayable regardless of graphic settings. (only thing that helped in my case was turning off the nameplates & nameplate scaling)

Crossfire/sli definitely appears to be borked for this game. But people who are not running dual gpus are also complaining... so there is more going on (or wrong) then surface appearances. What?... I have no idea.... but there are literally thousands of different configurations of gpu, cpu, memory, disk, drivers, etc. etc. It's got to be a nightmare trying to peel the onion everytime they tinker with the graphics code in the game and send some players machines into stasis.

Actually my fps got up dramatically (from 30-40 on fleet with 200+ players to 70-90 at the same. On planets I had 60 and now I have 70-100. With all max stats. I have GTX 580 1.5GB. Ambient oclusion off. When on it gets down to 30 fps. But I have only 6 GB memory, might be a reason. Not sure... not a big comp geek.