Trauma Debuff unfair

Thexremstar

why should healer receive the only debuff for trauma? If I break ur leg you recieve trauma your movement speed will be reduced and u cant kick me as hard as before? correct? then why should trauma only reduce healing recieved bye 30% and put a diference in heals vs damage (includeing the expertise) to a massive 40% difference.

I know trauma debuff effects every ones healing recieved, but it doesnt do anything else. IT SHOULD!

Ive came back to SWTOR hopeing to see changes that would make the game better only to find that my healing feels like its been nerfed big time!

I know im not in fully up to date gear but im healing less then I was post 1.2 and ive got all augments and 4 WH peices rest is BM better then I was in 1.2. Im no dummy been healing for 8 years playing mmo's!

I think that there can be something done to make pvp fairer for healers. Trauma needs adjusting fixing or removeing!

Saddened player thinking of leaveing cause game feels un balanced.

Contrary to what you might think you and or your friends should not be able to survive without defensive cooldowns vs 6 people while being healed.

This isn't the MMO where healers are pretty well immortal we rely a lot of guard and taunts to help a lot with keeping people alive.

I see you're posting about being bad at healing again. If healing is so terrible why my two guildmates, a soc and a operative, get 500-600k healing on a regular basis. I don't suppose you can explain that?

I guess its my gear then full BM augmented 4 WH peices augemnted , Im not bad at healing I feel that the changes recently have damaged healing Trauma debuff plus expertise its a joke there is a 40% difference between healing and damage trauma is not right that it only reduces all healing recieved to everyone bye 30% so the minimal +12.94% u get acctually turns into -17% from healing but a damage class gets a 23% damage boost altho they have trauma. if there is going to be a trauma debuff it should only be given to those that are acctually being hit or been hit for "X" ammount of time not for the entire WZ. then healers wouldnt be a -17% disadvantage!

I see you're posting about being bad at healing again. If healing is so terrible why my two guildmates, a soc and a operative, get 500-600k healing on a regular basis. I don't suppose you can explain that?

What does that prove?

I can get tons of heals with my dps sorc casting consumption at a node.

Only noob would use the scoreboard to call others bad.

Expertise and the pvp trauma debuff balance the pvp game from the pve. If it didn't it would take forever to kill each other if at all with equal numbers of healers on each team.

If a pure balance reason for why it's there and working as intended.

Get some ppl to que with an you'll heal more when you have a tank gaurd you and help keep you healing.

The breakthrough idea I had... well, it exists and it's a 30% debuff with my PT and I would assume the same from the other classes who have taunts.

So I'm not sure where your math is coming from since I didn't read it but the simple version is... if your team is taunting as they should be... you're at a 10% advantage if the argument is about debuffs alone. And from what I know, and I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure there are far more taunts than abilities that inflict trauma and there are also no AOE's that inflict trauma. I could be wrong... but I doubt it.

http://db.darthhater.com/abilities/1085/neural_dart/

vs

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4j3I3Nd/deadly-throw

as soon as u enter combat in wz trauma is inflicted on everyone in the wz check it out its there. I get debuff just bye healing and no enemy near me so why would i get trauma if i havnt been hit? ive looked at a several of other peoples threads "Trauma Debuff" im not the only one! aparently this trauma debuff is fairly new and I didnt know about it!

Edited by Thexremstar
add more info

What does that prove?

I can get tons of heals with my dps sorc casting consumption at a node.

Only noob would use the scoreboard to call others bad.

He's saying that the pvp trauma is unfair and that he can't heal well since 1.2. I'm saying other ppl are doing fine with healing. Maybe you should read the context of what he is combining about along with the other thread he's posted about having trouble healing since 1.2

Congrats at sitting at nodes farming healing medals on yourself.... I wasnt aware operatives have consumption tho.

Expertise and the pvp trauma debuff balance the pvp game from the pve. If it didn't it would take forever to kill each other if at all with equal numbers of healers on each team.

If a pure balance reason for why it's there and working as intended.

Get some ppl to que with an you'll heal more when you have a tank gaurd you and help keep you healing.

Balance what balance cant you see that healers after the trauma debuff and the expertise bonus we end up at -17% heals ?

where as damage players recieve 23% bonus to damage !

i see wat ur saying about the long time to kill players but believe me when i say earlier this year january febuary march pvp was much better people still got killed it may have taken a long time but it made for a better game it was all those dps that couldnt cut it that pushed for these changes and now we are stuck with "ALL" our healers suffering -17% heal loss because of a debuff that only effects healing called TRAUMA! i didnt like the fact that 1.2 brought about changes boosting everything except healing and then to get kicked in the nuts with a trauma debuff well that takes the cake. im not the only one that appears to be complaining about "TRAUMA DEBUFF" and I feel that it needs to be fixed to include 1: if you get hit 2: when you get out of combat 3: you should not get trauma if you do not get hit or heal a player 4: trauma should include something for damage classes after they get hit or just totally remove it cause it is totally unfair for healers!

This is to balance healing output vs damage in pvp without affecting pve.

Rift for example has no healing trauma but all 4 classes has 50% healing debuff that they can apply anytime to any player. .Instead of heavy debuff that everyone can apply bw decided to do it so its always on 30% with exception to mara sents getting 20% more.

mmo healers are balanced to heal thru raid bosses heavy spike damage. Players cant do 10k damage in a hit closest to this would be guardians hulk smash but then again BW dev plays sith warriors so I dont know.

The community on the whole doesn't agree with you. Hell Bioware doesn't agree with you. Scroll back to pre 1.2 in the forums and you will see literally thousands of nerf healer threads. People were sick to death of beating on the same people over and over and nobody ever dying. Nobody could cap the middle turret in alderaan, Nobody could kill ball carriers in huttball without a firepit, nobody could get through the first door of void star. It was a complete joke.

This is to balance healing output vs damage in pvp without affecting pve.

Rift for example has no healing trauma but all 4 classes has 50% healing debuff that they can apply anytime to any player. .Instead of heavy debuff that everyone can apply bw decided to do it so its always on 30% with exception to mara sents getting 20% more.

mmo healers are balanced to heal thru raid bosses heavy spike damage. Players cant do 10k damage in a hit closest to this would be guardians hulk smash but then again BW dev plays sith warriors so I dont know.

there are already "healing reductio" skills that players have. expertise was added to change the game from pve to pvp. trauma debuff only makes healing harder as players use there healing reduction skills on the healer

+12.94% expertise boost on healing

TRAUMA DEBUFF -30% on heal target with the trauma debuff (which is there as soon as any1 in the wz enters combat)

that starts a healer at -17% disadvantage over every one else then you need to add all minus % on any player skills that reduce healing .

Healing is hard enuff with the enemy team beating on you the whole time with out reducing our heals bye such a substantial ammount!

If this truama debuff is meant to balance the pvp game why are so many ppl posting about "TRAUMA DEBUFF"

Also you are fundimentally wrong about 1 thing.

Damage bouns is also mitigated by expertise on the victum while healing isnt.

If there was no trauma then 2 guys at same gear level will get 0 damage bonus fighting each other while healing is bufffed by 18%. And healing by designed is more potent than damage hence the debuff.

Without straight up nerfing healing the only way to take trauma out you need to give ALL classes more potent healing debuff e.g Rift uses 50% as base line. that they can apply to enemy players.

• 2 weeks later...
The community on the whole doesn't agree with you. Hell Bioware doesn't agree with you. Scroll back to pre 1.2 in the forums and you will see literally thousands of nerf healer threads. People were sick to death of beating on the same people over and over and nobody ever dying. Nobody could cap the middle turret in alderaan, Nobody could kill ball carriers in huttball without a firepit, nobody could get through the first door of void star. It was a complete joke.

Well buddy I dont what boat you got off of because pre 1.2 my guild and I would get 3 cap 600/nil on alderann, In fact we rarely lost a game period. yes battle would last longer it would be harder to kill people but people died and teams won and lost just as they do now. Just cause you are and was a baddie pre 1.2 dont go pokeing sticks at me telling me whats what!

whats a complete joke now is the fact that u can be CC'ed and stunned to death 90% of the games, admitadly I do pretty well now ive spent 3 million credits on augments and MK-6s and got a few more WH peices. but i can still be stuned / cc'ed to death in seconds!

and let me guess ur a sage healer or a sorcerer right ?

Not the poster you replied to, but as a merc healer I am of the opinion that without trauma healing would be broken OP. Even with trauma it isnt hard to get the 5k healing medal(not important, just saying 5k heals dont suck) in augmented BM gear, when I get more WH it will just get better.

Also you are fundimentally wrong about 1 thing.

Damage bouns is also mitigated by expertise on the victum while healing isnt.

If there was no trauma then 2 guys at same gear level will get 0 damage bonus fighting each other while healing is bufffed by 18%. And healing by designed is more potent than damage hence the debuff.

Without straight up nerfing healing the only way to take trauma out you need to give ALL classes more potent healing debuff e.g Rift uses 50% as base line. that they can apply to enemy players.

expertise was even 12% to start with damage damage reduction and healing boost.

damage is now at 23%

and damage raduction 18%

healing remains the same as it was to start with 12%

trauma debuff starts -30% healing as soon as u enter combat bye hiting being hit or casting a heal.

Healing is fine, if that trauma debuff wasn't there healing would be overpowered.

As it is, I am nearly unkillable on my healer. I can be attacked by 3 or 4 people and it takes them forever to kill me, and I'm not just talking badly geared players. If you guard me, I can easily keep up myself and my tank through a lot of damage without anyone else offhealing at all. Factor in another healer cross healing me and a tank watching us, and it's hopeless to kill anyone in our area without a SIGNIFICANTLY overgeared dps team.

That heal debuff is to BALANCE healers, not punish them. My heals hit plenty hard enough to keep myself and others alive, the only times I die are when I am getting extremely focused, or am getting hit by very geared out people (and tbh, I SHOULD be dying when I am focus fired, and even decked out people in BIS gear have to work a bit to take me out.) I've commando healed and scoundrel healed pretty extensively and I'd say they are in a good place to be honest.

If I'm left alone I can heal through damn near anything on anyone, and if I am attacked, I take long enough to die that usually my team has cleaned the place up before I am out of cooldowns to use.

If you are struggling as a healer I would say the problem is either with you, your gear, or your team. Is your team not killing people? Are you and others using CCs properly? Are you and team mates not moving out of things to avoid damage (like ravage/master strike)? Are you against teams that consistently call targets and have coordination on that level? If so, you simply can't heal through the damage of 6 or 7 people beating on one person for a meaningful amount of time, and healing would be unbelievably overpowered if you could.

Either way, the debuff isn't your problem. The magnitude of heals in this game is sufficient to keep people alive. If you find yourself consistently solo queuing and people on your server know you as a healer and hence focus fire you, and if your pug teams are consistently poor and unable to kill your opponents or assist you, I recommend finding a couple friends and avoid solo queuing. One person, healer or not, skilled or not, is going to have a bad time trying to win a match with 7 people who can't back you up.

Healing is fine, if that trauma debuff wasn't there healing would be overpowered.

As it is, I am nearly unkillable on my healer. I can be attacked by 3 or 4 people and it takes them forever to kill me, and I'm not just talking badly geared players. If you guard me, I can easily keep up myself and my tank through a lot of damage without anyone else offhealing at all. Factor in another healer cross healing me and a tank watching us, and it's hopeless to kill anyone in our area without a SIGNIFICANTLY overgeared dps team.

This does indeed reflect reality on my server. Any team with 2 or 3 competent healers (where the opposing side only has 1) can usually win the day based on this alone. Simply because of the ratio of DPS to Healer required to shut one healer down (2 or 3 to 1) means the team with the healer surplus has more free team mates who can do other things whilst the opposing teams DPS is locked up hitting that Healer brick wall you alude to. It then doesn't matter that the side with the greater number of healers perhaps has less DPS

Three people focusing one cross healed healer is tying up nearly 50% of your team for 12% of theirs. Split and try to take on the other healers and its like pouring water on an enormous sponge, interrupts or not.

Edited by Theagg