Rage/Focus spec too good now?

Antipodes

Now that 1.4 is out, how is it playing out on live? I'm worried about these change in particular because the spec was already very strong in normal/ranked WZs.

Giving people one more reason to hate Mara/Sent will be very detrimental to the PvP scene (i.e. rage quitting and switching to another MMO for PvP).

Now that 1.4 is out, how is it playing out on live? I'm worried about these change in particular because the spec was already very strong in normal/ranked WZs.

Giving people one more reason to hate Mara/Sent will be very detrimental to the PvP scene (i.e. rage quitting and switching to another MMO for PvP).

I am currently playing a Rage Juggernaut. Having said that, I believe that we are balanced.

However; Powertechs should get their range back because I can kill them very easily.

The damage is very, very strong. Probably one of the higher damage outputs in PVP atm, and I'm not just talking about smash. I like that Focus/Rage's other abilities are more useful now. The extra armor penetration and dispatch buffs allows my Guardian's other attacks do very good single target damage in between smashes. However, smash is probably hitting for too much now.

With that said, Focus/Rage can still be shut down via stunnning, kiting, and containing. Focus/Rage are not as survivable as Vigilance/Vengance or Watchman/Annihilation. Though, Sent/Mara get a few more tools to help mitigate that than Guard/Jugg.

lol. Of course you think it's "balanced."

Everyone wants their FoTM, no? :D

I am kind of upset that Vengeance(An under-used pvp spec) was nerfed(I really wanted to use it). We are balanced though.

FoTM for Juggernauts would be adding the talent "Unstoppable" or the talent "Force Grip" to the rage tree. THAT would be OP.

I am currently playing a Rage Juggernaut. Having said that, I believe that we are balanced.

However; Powertechs should get their range back because I can kill them very easily.

Juggs are. Rage is very squishy. Rage marauders, like all marauders are not, too many get out of jail free cards.

Powertechs are extinct - I barely ever see one in pvp now days, usually im the only vanguard. I see 4-5 knights/warriors though, FOTM for the win.

Oh and I'm not QQing about vanguards I still top dps 8/10 matches the remaining 2 being second in the middle tree (waiting for qq about that one now).

Edited by SajPl

Speaking of rage/focus, does any of you find that sweeps now tend to "miss" more often?

Not game mechanic wise miss, just plain not hit targets that should be in radius?

Or is it just my feeling playing tricks on me.

This is probably due to smash applying damage immediately on activation now. I used to activate it early while moving so it would land in a group when I got there. Since the patch, I've activated early a couple times, but have adjusted for the most part.

Damn, I did a wz before my roadrunner went down and felt like I got melted alot faster than normally by some juggy maras. Owch, welcome to.1.4 I guess. Good thing I have a rage juggy myself, hope to melt faces until bw nerfs everything. For the record, have the ever really had a successful patch that balanced pvp?

Speaking of rage/focus, does any of you find that sweeps now tend to "miss" more often?

Not game mechanic wise miss, just plain not hit targets that should be in radius?

yeah a week before 1.4 I started noticing Force In Balance would miss. when this happens I am not happy so I can understand how you might be upset with smash/force sweep missing

You have to adapt to the activation time.

Juggs are. Rage is very squishy. Rage marauders, like all marauders are not, too many get out of jail free cards.

Powertechs are extinct - I barely ever see one in pvp now days, usually im the only vanguard. I see 4-5 knights/warriors though, FOTM for the win.

Oh and I'm not QQing about vanguards I still top dps 8/10 matches the remaining 2 being second in the middle tree (waiting for qq about that one now).

Powertechs are extinct. After the first day of the patch. Let's wait a week and see how it goes.

I don't know if it's "too good". But Focus was already the preferred PVP spec, and they buffed it up. Not really sure on the reasoning for it, when vigilance was the tree that could use some love.

Good Powertech's will adapt. I played a few games today and I barely saw any drop in damage. Much more heat efficient now since I just stopped using IM.

The exact phenomena has happened to me on my pyro. Makes me wonder how much better I would have been before if I dropped that excuse for an attack. Literally the only time the range nerf has effected my play substantially is huttball because of all the obstacles its much harder to hit people moving around them. But then again with 80% of the classes being Sen/Guard/Shadow they have to get in melee range to engage me anyways.

Prior to this 1.4, PTs were the #1 overall DPS class having the highest overall damage, best burst, and great utility (taunts/pull).

With PTs getting nerfed in 1.4, Marauders would have taken the top spot by default. Adding addition buffs (even if it is to one spec) doesn't seem right.

If anything, Carnage's run speed talent should have been nerfed. As of now, it is a requirement to bring one Carnage Marauder to a RWZ group.