No Toilets In SWTOR

mourasantos

I don't recall if there was ever any reference in the movies, but I know it the books they're usually referred to as refresher stations, or "the refresher". I did hear one odd reference to such a thing in this game... don't remember the context but at one point Kaliyo said to my agent "the only time I kneel is to puke the refresher".

EQ used to do that, was a pain more than anything.

EQ STILL does that. Yes your character has to eat, and drink, and you hafta carry food on you in your bags, otherwise you lose stamina, eventually don't regenerate health, lose strength, endurance, I've never actually let my character go long enough to see if he'd die, but he sure as hell wasn't good in battle if he didn't eat or drink

EQ STILL does that. Yes your character has to eat, and drink, and you hafta carry food on you in your bags, otherwise you lose stamina, eventually don't regenerate health, lose strength, endurance, I've never actually let my character go long enough to see if he'd die, but he sure as hell wasn't good in battle if he didn't eat or drink

Actually with regen mods from gear, you can ignore food/drink now with minimal consequences.

Actually with regen mods from gear, you can ignore food/drink now with minimal consequences.

That's kinda sad actually. The food and drink system was an awesome way to spend your silvers if you bought the iron rations 99 stacks at a time lol. I've not played Everquest in a few years, House of Thule I think was my last experience with that game. I just wish the devs had thought to go more toward it than anything else.

Only 1 place in all of Star Wars has shown a toilet / bathroom....

The end of the first level in Star Wars Bounty Hunter within the creature handler's room there is one of those special unlock items floating above a toilet. It's pretty much a small part of the room with 2 walls and a small toilet hanging.

i did find a toilet once but i cant remember where it was.

after a long evening in the cantina on fleet i really had to go and decided to look for a toilet. after a rather long walk i did find one. the lights kept going on and off and the floor would keep moving so it must be near some machinery. also it must have been the only one in the area as people kept opening the door trying to get in. i would yell at them i wasn't done yet and the door would close and the vibrations and floor would start shaking again.

they really need to have signs up and put a lock on the door or repair it. also the floor needs to have something done as the constant moving wasn't helping things.

Shall we start a petition for toilets then?

It isn't just toilets per se. It's something that should be part of the scenery. I've come to think about this more and more over the past few days, since I've been playing a lot of the Black Mesa Project (half life 1 remake). In that game there's a lot of details in the environment (like in every half life game), making the environments feel realistic. For example, where there could have been a flat empty wall, there might instead be a door. And instead of being a mere texture, you might actually be able to enter through said door. The room itself doesn't lead anywhere, but it's there, filled with tiny, tiny details that adds to the greater picture that is the brilliance of half life. It's not an easy thing to describe, you'd have to play it yourself. All I know is that a lot of games these days lack such "immersive backdrops."

Swtor isn't the only MMORPG that is lacking immersive backdrops, I'd say. Let's take a quick look at World of Warcraft. Karazhan was a wonderful raid, by far the most atmospheric in the entire game. Why? Because it felt realistic. The stables, the kitchen, the dining room, the opera, and later on it became a bit weird with the library but that was a nice contrast to the rest of the instance. Then let's take a look at the raids we had in cataclysm; blackwing descent... A square room, another square room... a big room with a dragon in it... a circular room, another circular room with a pot in it... no magic in it at all. Bastion of Twilight is even worse. For those who did not play WoW, I apologize for the ramble.

If there was a kitchen on the fleet with droids cutting in beasts and pots with boiling water etc, and then hallways to restrooms and what have you, I think that would have been great to make the game feel alive. While we may not openly ask it, I think everyone subconsciously asks just how the fleet operates. We see no hint of anything that's required to actually live. Restrooms, being one thing, kitchens being the other, but then also dormitories? Where are all those details? The fleet feels like an "arcade hall of convenience" for lack of better words. You sit there and have access to all the vendors while you wait for queues to pop, yippiee.

Maybe I'm just rambling. I like to see some sort of realism in the environments of my games. Feels like it's becoming more and more rare.

Edited by Majspuffen

It isn't just toilets per se. It's something that should be part of the scenery. I've come to think about this more and more over the past few days, since I've been playing a lot of the Black Mesa Project (half life 1 remake). In that game there's a lot of details in the environment (like in every half life game), making the environments feel realistic. For example, where there could have been a flat empty wall, there might instead be a door. And instead of being a mere texture, you might actually be able to enter through said door. The room itself doesn't lead anywhere, but it's there, filled with tiny, tiny details that adds to the greater picture that is the brilliance of half life. It's not an easy thing to describe, you'd have to play it yourself. All I know is that a lot of games these days lack such "immersive backdrops."

Swtor isn't the only MMORPG that is lacking immersive backdrops, I'd say. Let's take a quick look at World of Warcraft. Karazhan was a wonderful raid, by far the most atmospheric in the entire game. Why? Because it felt realistic. The stables, the kitchen, the dining room, the opera, and later on it became a bit weird with the library but that was a nice contrast to the rest of the instance. Then let's take a look at the raids we had in cataclysm; blackwing descent... A square room, another square room... a big room with a dragon in it... a circular room, another circular room with a pot in it... no magic in it at all. Bastion of Twilight is even worse. For those who did not play WoW, I apologize for the ramble.

If there was a kitchen on the fleet with droids cutting in beasts and pots with boiling water etc, and then hallways to restrooms and what have you, I think that would have been great to make the game feel alive. While we may not openly ask it, I think everyone subconsciously asks just how the fleet operates. We see no hint of anything that's required to actually live. Restrooms, being one thing, kitchens being the other, but then also dormitories? Where are all those details? The fleet feels like an "arcade hall of convenience" for lack of better words. You sit there and have access to all the vendors while you wait for queues to pop, yippiee.

Maybe I'm just rambling. I like to see some sort of realism in the environments of my games. Feels like it's becoming more and more rare.

I agree 500.02%.

The only way they'll ever get around to fixing these issues of immersion though, is if they stop giving us MORE planets, like Makeb, and focus on the already existing ones. I posted about this, and other topics, on the Suggestion Box, you should go check it out and tell me what you think.