Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Ive signed but i see no point. I like many here have played this game from day one, ive seen BW ignore post after post and thread after thread, they think of there pocket first not of us, they SAY they are listening to the us and want our feed back but its clear to everyone on an APAC server that they dont.

i have un subbed because i will not pay money to play in the same few WZ's on a server were my ping is going to be border line UNplayable...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I merely responded in kind.

You said the pops on Dalborra are crap, or insinuated it anyway, where for me they are not, and as everyone has said allow those that want to to transfer off and those that do to stay, there would be far more staying, and possibly coming from the NA servers.

Hopefully you started on an NA server and are understanding what you are asking for, as an avid PvPer I am surprised you are happy to be behind the 8 ball.

or maybe you are lucky enough not to have a 300 plus ping to the NA servers in prime time.

the pop frequency for pvp is bearable at best, also ping can be easily overcome if you have a stable range, i get 240~280ms which is very easy to counter imo.

Lol, just had a look at Jack's posting history and it consists of 72 posts just trolling this thread and 1 or 2 other related threads!

He is a troll, pure and simple.

You took the time to look at my post history..

I don't know whether that's funny or sad or both perhaps :confused:

It doesn't even cut the mustard for those on the east coast, I feel for those spread over the rest of Australia.

There's a lot of people (especially Eric Musco AND certain AU players who say we need to stop crying and get over is because NA servers are fine) who need to get our an atlas and have a look at just how far away all the people like myself are over here in the north-west of WA.

Battleping, Pingzapper, none of them can save people like us. They "stabilise" me at 350-500ms+ out of combat under no load.

Well looks like we have 30 days either way...

EA may terminate access to any online or mobile products and/or EA Services (and/or any portion thereof) at any time by giving you notice of such termination within the time period specified when you joined the particular EA Service, or if no time period for notice of termination was specified, then within thirty (30) days of the date such notice is either (at EA’s discretion) provided to you via email or is posted on the applicable product or EA Service or on http://www.ea.com/2/service-updates.

This EUALA may be modified by EA at any time. You can view the EUALA at any time by visiting http://www.swtor.com. We may notify you of modifications: (a) before you play the Game; and/or (b) via a specific notice on http://www.swtor.com (the "Website"). All modifications will take effect thirty (30) days after their announcement. In any event, you agree to check the Website and review this EUALA periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications that may occur. If you do not agree with any future modifications to this EUALA, or are unable to continue to remain in compliance with the same, you must cease your use of the Software and of the Game. You may terminate this EUALA in accordance with Section 5. Your continued use of the Software and play of the Game after a modification of the EUALA will be deemed as your acceptance of any modified terms.

And people wonder why BW folk stopped responding to this community.

Oh so it's that easy to make game companies stop responding to their community ? Brb i will go to WoW and create some hate surely WoW customer support will stop responding on their forum too

/brb

I'm one of the ones who's been asking for a choice in servers but the main reason for that, is that I want to return to the server I was on before I transferred to an APAC server. I wan to return to my old guild and that is not a west coast server. It's an east coast server. Can we please have that choice? I really can't see any good reason not to allow us to choose a west or east coast server.

I'm glad there has been a reply on this matter but as seems so often the case, it's fallen short of what was actually being asked.

I agree with this. If I'm to be forced off Gav I would prefer an open choice of servers I can go to, rather than be forced onto a west coast server. As an example I'd prefer to move to The Ebon Hawk rather than Begeren Colony.

If my ping is going to be bad regardless, I'd at least like the opportunity to choose where that is :)

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

YES! Thank you!

I really wanted to move my MDN characters to Harbringer, not forced to Bastion just because its a PVP server.

Great call BIOWARE. Thanks.

I don't care any more about whatever spin the liar Eric Musco wants to put on their decision to shut the APAC servers down for monetary reasons.

I just want the refund for the now less than advertised service that Bioware are going to be providing.

Give me the refund I am entitled to Eric, you lying sack of bantha dung.

Stop. With the hate. Against Eric.

Again, he has been given this terribly job of giving us news we don't want to hear.

Not his fault. Calm down and be civil.

(Some of us still love you, Eric).

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Wooo :D :D thanks Eric that makes things even better :D

No you're right, we should all just roll over and let 'the man' get away with whatever he wants. Wouldn't the world be a great place if it were full of people like you, who are happy to be a doormat and be walked all over... :rolleyes:

Lol what.

In a free market, which we all live in, we can choose not to use services of "the man" and not be a doormat....

No it wasn't.

I think it was, for off-peak time. IMO it's valid concern that APAC server will lost a lot of people over this merge and the player in destination server ( again, in off-peak time ) is not big enough to overcome the loss, so some comparison is nice imo ( read : at off peak time )

Lol what.

In a free market, which we all live in, we can choose not to use services of "the man" and not be a doormat....

I think a lot of people already choose not to use services of "the man" without your advice :). However isn't it again your objective that make people stay ?

Edited by river_of_Gem

Judging from the last post Eric left, they are still going ahead with merging the NA.

They aren't worried by a petition. (They've been voted worst company, like a petition would worry them)

Why don't you just enjoy the time you have left, or just leave already? Simple.

I think it was, for off-peak time. IMO it's valid concern that APAC server will lost a lot of people over this merge and the player in destination server ( again, in off-peak time ) is not big enough to overcome the loss, so some comparison is nice imo ( read : at off peak time )

I think a lot of people already choose not to use services of "the man" without your advice :). However isn't it again your objective that make people stay ?

Just getting really creeped out by how nasty people are being on the forums towards EA and to other posters. It's becoming quite dirty in here.

The "APAC merger" message would be a lot better received if the posts were:

1) Civil

2) More concise - nobody reads walls of texts

3) Not the same people repeating the same thing

4) More reasoning and less anecdotal "data" about populations which Bioware can easily contradict with their own metrics

The message is being lost in the hate and the spamming of new posts and threads about the same issue.

Some people have made great posts and great ideas about mergers/etc. Those good ideas have been drowned out by this vocal spamming of gibberish and poorly crafted arguments.

Edited by iheartnyc

Just getting really creeped out by how nasty people are being on the forums towards EA. It's becoming quite dirty in here.

This is directed to my post how ? And it's not people being "nasty", EA was voted worst company in America for a reason.

The "APAC merger" message would be a lot better received if the posts were:

1) Civil - can you say all the youtube and troll post from Biodrone is civil ? and there are lot of civil post of people begging EA to change the decision in this thread.

2) More concise - nobody reads walls of texts - really ??

3) Not the same people repeating the same thing - All i can see from Biodrone is the same stuff over and over

4) More reasoning and less anecdotal "data" about populations which Bioware can easily contradict with their own metrics - i would love to see "metric" to backup Bioware argument :rolleyes:

I am not at APAC server but i have to say, EA really screw APAC community over and over. They ignored them for a good 6 months and then force them to move again their will with big disadvantage over ping. Can you imagine how many guild/raid are falling apart ? and you say they don't have right to be angry ?

Some people have made great posts and great ideas about mergers/etc. Those good ideas have been drowned out by this vocal spamming of gibberish and poorly crafted arguments.

The majority of people idea is "dont force them to move again their will"

Edited by river_of_Gem

Hi all - Don't forget to spread the word on our Consolidated Server Event.

For those who don't know, there is a thread on each Server Forum explaining:

Gav Daragon: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6064836#post6064836

Dalborra: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6064817#post6064817

Master Dar'Nala: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616223

Open Invitation for all APAC players to re-roll characters on Dalborra. On 7th April we will stream for 4 hours, showing what a Consolidated APAC Server would look like with population, community events etc.

Should be a great event, lots of fun things being planned. Please post in the server forums and spread the word in-game!!!