Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL..... that would be some good times there.

It was an informal protest to something Blizz did, can't remember what exactly but I think it was performance issues. So some guys organized the event to prove that their servers were so outdated they couldn't handle the load.

Edit..my best times were actually on EQ1..we did a ogre run..all 1st level characters starting in the ogre town and finishing near a high elf tree town. 400-500 players, passing through about 15 zones varying from lvl1-5 zones up to lvl 40 zones and everything wanting to kill you. Funniest part was waiting for the boat and seeing the guards go to town 1 shotting ogres left right and centre.

Edited by Jinsali

He posts at 5:30am our time then sneaks away like a coward .

Eric read the f***king thread.

IT's A CONSPIRACY AGAINST US.... RUN FOR THE HILLS!.. WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

oh settle down. of course its a financial decision. I have given up ever presuming otherwise. big deal. Lucky for me - SWTOR is a GAME I play so its totally and completely expendable as an entertainment tool. When is it otherwise? (When it is otherwise you got bigger fish to fry - like some guy at BW no doubt)

Cmon man, take a freakin chill nap or somethin, play with your ***** or do some gardening to destress.

Edited by scaramunja

APAC COMMUNITY ANNOUNCMENT:

Please check your server forum (Gav Daragon/Dalborra/Master Dar'Nala) for your dedicated thread. I have made one for each community.

I will copy and paste the text below.

--

Dear APAC Community,

This is Scorpio,

For those of you who don’t know me I’m a Master Dar’Nala gamer. I also happen to host, commentate and stream SWTOR first and (currently) only eSport tournament – The R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships. This tournament has brought out the absolute best in the Master Dar’Nala community and so myself and my co-host EsKy (Resk/Fresk/Gresk/Dresk/Zersk/Sandee…seriously *** man) were DEVESTATED when we heard what was happening to our beloved servers.

We have spent the last few days talking about it and our disgust for what Bioware are doing to us has only grown stronger.

Eric Musco says a Unified APAC Server isn’t viable. That the numbers don’t add up. I’ve told him this is a lie and he is yet to come back and say otherwise. So we would like to prove it.

This isn’t going to be easy and it is going to rely on as many people as possible: from Gav Daragon, Dalborra and Master Dar’nala combined. But the one thing I’ve learnt from R.A.W is that the APAC Community are passionate, loyal and dedicated gamers.

Simply put, on Sunday 7th April 2013 (weekend after Easter) we are going to be streaming, all day, from DALBORRA.

This is an open invitation to EVERY PLAYER WHO WANTS A CONSOLIDATED APAC SERVER.

Before Sunday 7th, create a character on DALBORRA and level it to level 10. With double xp weekend this weekend PLUS double xp on the following Saturday, you can do it in absolutely no time at all. Republic or Imperial or both – it’s up to you.

From 5:00pm – 9:00pm AEDT, the UNIFIED APAC COMMUNITY will be streamed LIVE from Dalborra.

This is your – our – opportunity to prove that we have the numbers to hold a population on a single server: but it will only work if everyone can come together on this.

I am going to put together a streaming itinerary – a list of activities, destinations, faction swaps and communications – for the four hour stint. This will include:

- Interviews with Guilds/Guildmasters from ALL Apac Servers

- PvP Tournaments on Outlaws Den

- Warzones with players from different servers

- Flashpoints with players from different servers

- Fleet Parties

- Faction:Wide Planet Treasure Hunts

- Cantina Crawls (it's exactly what you think it is)

I want to work with players/guilds from ALL Apac Servers to create this event and that is why I have created a singular thread on each of the server forums for this. I would like anyone and everyone to add their suggestions, contacts, guild names, player names etc. to these individual threads. I am going to do my best to pull everything together and put together the biggest event these servers have ever seen.

The purpose of this event is to change the current fate of our servers - HOWEVER - it is also an opportunity to enjoy this game as a single community, something almost all of us wanted and have been asking for, for so long.

I would ask everyone who is going to participate in this event to use this signature.

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT

7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Typeface Info: White (Bold for first line), link to http://www.zer0ping.com at end. Centered.

Get the word out to everyone on your server and get involved.

zer0ping is the home of the R.A.W Championships, you can find us on YouTube (zer0pingtv), Twitter (zer0pingtv) and Facebook (zer0ping).

APAC Servers Forever.

And do you honestly expect that to make a difference?

You just posted in the forums pretty much giving yourself away.

The fleet might be packed but u just shot yourself in the foot, if they read your post they kinda expect players to be on the fleet at that specific time, but what about after it?

Once the little dog and pony show of 100+ lvl 10s and cool actuivities like outlaws den PVP etc is over it will fall back into obscurity and EAWARE are just going to reinforce the idea of a merge because really these activites shouldnt have to be organised first hand just to save a dying server (it looks like you're just holding onto that life support cord until they decided to pull it), they should be running regularly in a healthy populated server, I don't want to rain on your parade but that the harsh reality of it.

Yeah it sucks we're going to lose our ping and communities back that's just the way it is, and there's not one thing we can really do about no stupid little petitions or server gathering isnt' going to change anything. :(

Once a gaming company as big as EA makes a decision it's final, I've never heard of a company as big as EA doing a 180 on a decision because a minority of players are upset about it.

Look at ME3 and the backlash about the ending and how illogical/riddled with plotholes it was , it was the biggest outcry over any game in gaming history literally thousands of upset players jumped online and voiced their disgust, signed petitions, sent letters in and reported them to the government for false advertisement..did that make EAWARE reverse their decision and change the ending? Nope they slapped a band-aid on just threw in a few extra cut scenes providing closure.

That's just an example..

This thread was made by chippy to address the population issues that the APAC are facing right now not ping, not timezones or prime times or playstyle POPULATION ISSUES!, and EAWARE have stalled and used scumbag leave us in the dark tactics in which really it was about local server contracts that most likely were up for renewal and EAWARE decided to pull out but they've finally revealed their solution.

I know it's not the best solution and I know Dalborra is doing okish but EAWARE have evaluated it and determined the population isnt good enough to keep the servers running.

So I get why people are upset and angry but really if you enjoy the game just play it because 180-220 ping isnt that bad at all it's actually quite playable. And if you want to QQ go away please stop whinging on the forums and go play another MMO or any other game for that matter

Edited by jackdaley

Please check your server forum (Gav Daragon/Dalborra/Master Dar'Nala) for your dedicated thread. I have made one for each community.

--

Dear APAC Community,

This is Scorpio,

For those of you who don’t know me I’m a Master Dar’Nala gamer. I also happen to host, commentate and stream SWTOR first and (currently) only eSport tournament – The R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships. This tournament has brought out the absolute best in the Master Dar’Nala community and so myself and my co-host EsKy (Resk/Fresk/Gresk/Dresk/Zersk/Sandee…seriously *** man) were DEVESTATED when we heard what was happening to our beloved servers.

We have spent the last few days talking about it and our disgust for what Bioware are doing to us has only grown stronger.

Eric Musco says a Unified APAC Server isn’t viable. That the numbers don’t add up. I’ve told him this is a lie and he is yet to come back and say otherwise. So we would like to prove it.

This isn’t going to be easy and it is going to rely on as many people as possible: from Gav Daragon, Dalborra and Master Dar’nala combined. But the one thing I’ve learnt from R.A.W is that the APAC Community are passionate, loyal and dedicated gamers.

Simply put, on Sunday 7th April 2013 (weekend after Easter) we are going to be streaming, all day, from DALBORRA.

This is an open invitation to EVERY PLAYER WHO WANTS A CONSOLIDATED APAC SERVER.

Before Sunday 7th, create a character on DALBORRA and level it to level 10. With double xp weekend this weekend PLUS double xp on the following Saturday, you can do it in absolutely no time at all. Republic or Imperial or both – it’s up to you.

From 5:00pm – 9:00pm AEDT, the UNIFIED APAC COMMUNITY will be streamed LIVE from Dalborra.

This is your – our – opportunity to prove that we have the numbers to hold a population on a single server: but it will only work if everyone can come together on this.

I am going to put together a streaming itinerary – a list of activities, destinations, faction swaps and communications – for the four hour stint. This will include:

- Fleet Parties

I want to work with players/guilds from ALL Apac Servers to create this event and that is why I have created a singular thread on each of the server forums for this. I would like anyone and everyone to add their suggestions, contacts, guild names, player names etc. to these individual threads. I am going to do my best to pull everything together and put together the biggest event these servers have ever seen.

The purpose of this event is to change the current fate of our servers - HOWEVER - it is also an opportunity to enjoy this game as a single community, something almost all of us wanted and have been asking for, for so long.

I would ask everyone who is going to participate in this event to use this signature.

Typeface Info: White (Bold for first line), link to http://www.zer0ping.com at end. Centered.

zer0ping is the home of the R.A.W Championships, you can find us on YouTube (zer0pingtv), Twitter (zer0pingtv) and Facebook (zer0ping).

APAC Servers Forever.

WOW this is great... what a fantastic idea... thanks heaps Scorpiooooo for being so proactive... I will definitely be there... I am a senior Guild Officer and will bring this to our GM's attention and get our guild on board.

What a shame BIO have never thought to host something like this themselves... just goes to show what a great, passionate community we have on the APAC servers....

In the meant time... the PETITION has reached 526

KEEP THE FAITH... SIGN THE PETITION FOR A COMBINED APAC SERVER

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

Edited by Icykill_
grammer

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

It was already proved wrong in the case of Bastion vs MD. Can somebody do the comparison of Harbinger offpeak time vs Dalbora peak ?

So I get why people are upset and angry but really if you enjoy the game just play it because 180-220 ping isnt that bad at all it's actually quite playable.

180-220. I wish.

And if you want to QQ then please stop whinging on the forums and go play another MMO or any other game for that matter

But then you wouldn't have this opportunity to repeatedly flaunt your limited mental faculties and general illiteracy in front of everyone, and what would you do with yourself?

Stop with the personal hate against the messenger. Seriously. Get that you're annoyed, but don't attach it to the guy that has the really unfortunate job of telling an angry and disheartened community news they don't want to hear.

This. I'm frankly embarrassed by some of the behaviour in this thread. Let's keep it civil guys.

Sounds good..but 1 possible issue. We did a few things like this in EQ1 and WoW..it ended up crashing the servers in population overload.

That will just prove we have enough players to warrant our own server in APAC... their arguments get shot down about server population

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

Hey i found this from an old post, the way he replies doesnt seem to fully reject the idea that you cant have a refund... Im going to wait and see if yhey change their minds with the server first...

Hi Mahriman,

Unfortunately, we can't assist with this through the forum.

While you can cancel the subscription through the website, to refund the expansion please call our Account & Billing support.

Thanks, and sorry I can't help more through this channel.

That would only cause a bigger problem, people will rage quit if they have to pay any additional money to transfer.

They are already RAGE QUITING....

ERIC PLEASE LISTEN... YOU ARE GOING TO DESTROY YOUR GAME FOR A LARGE PORTION OF THE APAC COMMUNITY

The fleet might be packed but u just shot yourself in the foot, if they read your post they kinda expect players to be on the fleet at that specific time, but what about after it?

Once the little dog and pony show of 100+ lvl 10s and cool actuivities like outlaws den PVP etc is over it will fall back into obscurity and EAWARE are just going to reinforce the idea of a merge because really these activites shouldnt have to be organised first hand just to save a dying server (it looks like you're just holding onto that life support cord until they decided to pull it), they should be running regularly in a healthy populated server, I don't want to rain on your parade but that the harsh reality of it.

Yeah it sucks we're going to lose our ping and communities back that's just the way it is, and there's not one thing we can really do about no stupid little petitions or server gathering isnt' going to change anything. :(

Once a gaming company as big as EA makes a decision it's final, I've never heard of a company as big as EA doing a 180 on a decision because a minority of players are upset about it.

Look at ME3 and the backlash about the ending and how illogical/riddled with plotholes it was , it was the biggest outcry over any game in gaming history literally thousands of upset players jumped online and voiced their disgust, signed petitions, sent letters in and reported them to the government for false advertisement..did that make EAWARE reverse their decision and change the ending? Nope they slapped a band-aid on just threw in a few extra cut scenes providing closure.

That's just an example..

This thread was made by chippy to address the population issues that the APAC are facing right now not ping, not timezones or prime times or playstyle POPULATION ISSUES!, and EAWARE have stalled and used scumbag leave us in the dark tactics in which really it was about local server contracts that most likely were up for renewal and EAWARE decided to pull out but they've finally revealed their solution.

I know it's not the best solution and I know Dalborra is doing okish but EAWARE have evaluated it and determined the population isnt good enough to keep the servers running.

So I get why people are upset and angry but really if you enjoy the game just play it because 180-220 ping isnt that bad at all it's actually quite playable. And if you want to QQ go away please stop whinging on the forums and go play another MMO or any other game for that matter

Jack i think you are the the one who didn't want to transfer to US server the most, yea? you talk this and that, is actually directed to yourself isnt it? c'mon man you could've just said so lol

That's just an example..

That is just the kind of defeatist attitude that will see us on US servers with our community destroyed! In the end it may not help but we still need to fight this, show them how wrong they are!

Shame on you!

That will just prove we have enough players to warrant our own server in APAC... their arguments get shot down about server population

Oh I'm not disclaiming we have enough people. I just think it would better done if it was organized on the Harbinger server just prior to US peak time. This would cause wait times for the US community, and then they would start posting about enormous wait times to get on and play / raid / pvp /RP.

Jack i think you are the the one who didn't want to transfer to US server the most, yea? you talk this and that, is actually directed to yourself isnt it? c'mon man you could've just said so lol

I don't follow what you're saying :confused:

anyway why are you still here if you're unsubbed in protest?

Are you planning on playing the game when we get merged?

That is just the kind of defeatist attitude that will see us on US servers with our community destroyed! In the end it may not help but we still need to fight this, show them how wrong they are!

Shame on you!

But there's no point in fighting a losing battle.

No matter how large our outcry is nothing is going to change as we are a minority and not worth EAWARES time

It's just the reality of it

so the first 2 minutes of this video sum up ea so well (it is a review of simcity though...lol)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7053-SimCity

also yes, get everyone on dalborra, im sure we would love to have u guys, even help establish your old guilds, help gear up (if theres time before the death of apac comunity) show them we can survive on one server, let the pvp and rp ones go cold, there is life in dalborra

Edited by GenesisDemon

I don't follow what you're saying :confused:

anyway why are you still here if you're unsubbed in protest?

Are you planning on playing the game when we get merged?

no im just curious to see how things gonna go, sorry ma bad english, google translate sucks

Almost 450 signatures on the petition. Probably need at least 1000 for EA/BW to respond. Probably not that many players in APAC. Still, I'm impressed we got that many and still climbing.

The PETITION has now reached 529 in about 36 hours... keep them coming people... if you are in the game promote the petition

Also in the meantime organise your guilds and friends... promote this event by Scorpio ... And any comparison pictures of on and off peak times on the transfer servers would be nice, yes we know our servers are bleeding out because people are leaving... encourage them to stay until this has been finalised... DON'T give BIO more ammo

--

Dear APAC Community,

This is Scorpio,

- Fleet Parties

APAC Servers Forever.

But there's no point in fighting a losing battle.

No matter how large our outcry is nothing is going to change as we are a minority and not worth EAWARES time

It's just the reality of it

Fine, if you don't want to fight this but leave this thread to ppl who do want to fight this. U are just helping BW with ur attitude.

Fine, if you don't want to fight this but leave this thread to ppl who do want to fight this. U are just helping BW with ur attitude.

Sorry dude I've just never seen so much tear sheddery over a postive action.

It's like we were complaining about APAC population issues..then they bring in a fix so now we're complaing about ping/ primetime?..we can't have our cake and eat it too

Because we just look like entitled gamers with unwarranted self importance and unrealistic expectations with the petitions and server gatherings etc.

The Event sets out to prove that people don't care about PvP/RP/PvE play style and we want to play on a single, consolidated APAC Server with a sustainable population.

Bioware knowing that we intend to all gather on Dalborra (not just Fleet - going to be going all over SWTOR planets etc) isn't a bad thing, if anything they may even look to see if we CAN sustain a population. It seems you are against this and that's fine, opinion noted and I respectfully disagree.

To everyone who hasn't heard yet - go to your server forums and see the post on the Consolidated Event. Spread the word when you play - make sure we get as many people playing the game on Dalborra on the day as possible.

:D

Edited by Scorpiooooo

The Event sets out to prove that people don't care about PvP/RP/PvE play style and we want to play on a single, consolidated APAC Server with a sustainable population.

Bioware knowing that we intend to all gather on Dalborra (not just Fleet - going to be going all over SWTOR planets etc) isn't a bad thing, if anything they may even look to see if we CAN sustain a population. It seems you are against this and that's fine, opinion noted and I respectfully disagree.

To everyone who hasn't heard yet - go to your server forums and see the post on the Consolidated Event. Spread the word when you play - make sure we get as many people playing the game on Dalborra on the day as possible.

:D

Sorry Scorpio, you did great organising the RAW contest - it was entertaining, but this decision is financial.

They arent shutting the servers down because they think there isnt enough population for 1 server they're doing it to save cash. If 3 servers had enough population then the cash would be there. 1 server is probably too much hassle.

Its not about the players its about the $$$, that's all.

In Eric's original post, he flat out stated that according to their numbers and analysis, even merging all the servers would not lead to a sustainable population. That's what their months of collected statistics- characters, accounts attached, login numbers, time spent playing, GTN transactions, pop times and who knows what else - show. Yes, you can have a nice big assembly on Dalborra and say "see, we had X people on fleet" but do you really think one event is going to make a dent in the data that they have been collecting since launch, or their interpretation of it? Do you even understand how these decisions are made?

Knock yourself out, I suppose; it seems like a waste of double-XP time to me ...