Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

And our chances of getting local servers for future MMOS are likely slim now too...other game companies will have been watching the fate of Swtor's AUS/PAC server experiment.

yeah i have the same feeling, so all the people whining about going to ESO, will have to bear with the same ping anyway. Ah the logic .

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be final? EA / Bioware can still change their decision if they see what it means to us Australian gamers. They may not, but isn't it worth a shot?

Is the population issue really going to be fixed? As far as I know, during our prime-time the Americans will be sleeping, so we will just be playing with Australians on an American server. Unless you are gaming in the morning or afternoon, it's not going to be that much better.

They say that they don't want to affect our play styles (PvE, PvP, RP). I cannot see why the PvPers are unable to simply flag themselves for PvP and go about business as per usual. I cannot see why the RPers are unable to flag themselves for RP and go about business as per usual. If an RP flag cannot be implemented (sounds awfully difficult), would they not be able to RP anyone to their hearts content and find like-minded individuals. I have played on an RP server and it is hardly full of RPers, so is it really going to affect our play styles that much? It's not going to be that massive of a departure to what we already know. What will be a massive departure is a 200ms+ increase in latency.

I feel that the best part of playing a videogame is that feeling of connection to your character. When I press a button to swing my lightsaber, my character reacts immediately and that is awesome. When I press the button and he reacts 1/4 of a second later, I lose that feeling.

Please EA / Bioware, you gave us something great, don't take it away.

yeah i have the same feeling, so all the people whining about going to ESO, will have to bear with the same ping anyway. Ah the logic .

but those who are going to play ESO are CHOOSING to play with a high ping, we are getting it forced upon us

but those who are going to play ESO are CHOOSING to play with a high ping, we are getting it forced upon us

true but then we were whinging for the longest time about the lack of population, its like we cant have the cake and eat it too.

true but then we were whinging for the longest time about the lack of population, its like we cant have the cake and eat it too.

At least give 1 APAC server a shot before booting us over to the US. If this was the known outcome from the people who complained, they may have held back. It just seemed like common sense would have us all merged into 1 server.

You know what we could have? a single APAC server and merge all 3 into one. That fixes the Pop problem and if they ADVERTISE IT PEOPLE WILL COME. especially Free to play on australian server. but that would be logical and make sense, and if I have to deal with lag again I could go play some other game

At least give 1 APAC server a shot before booting us over to the US. If this was the known outcome from the people who complained, they may have held back. It just seemed like common sense would have us all merged into 1 server.

ok lets say they do that, the game is still going to hemorrhage players to other games over time and eventually a server merge will be inevitable , they;re just doing it sooner rather than later.

My only issue with the proposed server merge is.... What are they going to do about the high latency on the proposed harbinger sever for those playing in the apac region?

I have been merged 4 times....so it's not as scary as it seems...only thing is changing a name maybe and helping your guild schlep stuff across in the move. Guild banks are not transferred in merges.

I tried playing on the harbinger server... I went from 24ms on the apac. Server to 274 ms on the harbringer server, this made tanking..and interrupting impossible...healing was scary at best...all I can hope for is to play dps on the proposed server and be happy playing, This not what I signed up for.....

Does EA have an answer to the question above?

You know what we could have? a single APAC server and merge all 3 into one. That fixes the Pop problem and if they ADVERTISE IT PEOPLE WILL COME. especially Free to play on australian server. but that would be logical and make sense, and if I have to deal with lag again I could go play some other game

See the sig, read the post in the forum, be there on the day!

Don't act like you are one of us. You play on Dalborra with 400+ms and complain about the ping issues all the damn time. This move benefits you because your latency improves whereas ours gets worse. Show some compassion for your fellow community and just let them have their say. It's your fault you chose to roll on APAC with that abysmal connection not ours.

My only issue with the proposed server merge is.... What are they going to do about the high latency on the proposed harbinger sever for those playing in the apac region?

I have been merged 4 times....so it's not as scary as it seems...only thing is changing a name maybe and helping your guild schlep stuff across in the move. Guild banks are not transferred in merges.

I tried playing on the harbinger server... I went from 24ms on the apac. Server to 274 ms on the harbringer server, this made tanking..and interrupting impossible...healing was scary at best...all I can hope for is to play dps on the proposed server and be happy playing, This not what I signed up for.....

Does EA have an answer to the question above?

Yes i agree melee suffers the most at high pings but ranged should have little to no issues

Yeah Bioware..... a huge improvement for us.

Just look at that. The same number of people in fleet as normal(Before the APAC closure announcement), but 4 times the lag.

You guys are awesome.....

Who ever makes your decisions should be fired, cos he is bad at them. This solution hardly benefits people on master darnala. A merge with Dalborra is obviously the best choice.

Bastion at 11:45pm NZ time which is 9:45pm Australian time. Notice how there are practically no 50's on.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-27_23_49_45_649928.jpg

Master Darnala (after APAC Announcement) Mostly 50's on fleet.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-28_00_02_23_987303.jpg

Dalborra

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-28_00_00_31_340860-1.jpg

100% agreed if they had half a brain they will change there decision and keep our servers, as i would rather play on a dead server than a high ping server. or actually listen to us and just merge our 3 servers to one

Don't act like you are one of us. You play on Dalborra with 400+ms and complain about the ping issues all the damn time. This move benefits you because your latency improves whereas ours gets worse. Show some compassion for your fellow community and just let them have their say. It's your fault you chose to roll on APAC with that abysmal connection not ours.

birch pls, i complain yes, but that doesn't make be a worse player, and FYI this is the APAC community, as a player of the ASIAN region of that community we get completely and utterly shafted due to the increased ping to australia, asfaik around 7 friends of mine based around singapore/HK/Japan have quit the game due to the unacceptable ping they have to put up with while they get MUCH better ping to US servers which is almost twice the distance geographically to the servers in Australia, so i will tell you what iwas told in vent when i whinged about ping 2 months ago.

Man the **** up, princess.

ok lets say they do that, the game is still going to hemorrhage players to other games over time and eventually a server merge will be inevitable , they;re just doing it sooner rather than later.

And if it just haemorrhaged you, I'd say there wasn't much of a loss. All you does whinge and whinge and whinge about the ping and population and god knows why you haven't rerolled to another server yet.