reposted again.. warzone leavers

wezli

Sadly there is nothing that can be done. If they implemented any type of debuff, the leavers would simply just sit at a node and go AFK. By the same token, I don't disagree with leaving WZ's, as sometimes you get peeps who completely ignore objectives, and make it miserable for those trying to win. The coin indeed has 2 sides. Either way, I don't see any change to the mechanics that would curb the issue, it's just one of those things.

^Pretty much this. I decided to take a peek at what this thread is about and I have to say I'm quite surprised the devs are actually considering deserter debuffs or putting penalties on people who quit the warzones. In my opinion, I thought the current system works fine, I would rather have someone just quit the game and be replaced by someone who would actually play the game instead of someone who would just go afk or ignore the objectives. Honestly, my advice to the people who complain about this is to find a group, join a guild, and get some friends, when you do this quitting will be the least of your problems. I think this problem is most prevalent for people who solo queue alot but that is the price you pay to play with random strangers who may or may not see eye to eye with you, and as such there is a greater chance for you to be put with people who just farm medals, ignore objectives, people who just quit, and just people who are plain jerks in general. You can't force someone to play if they don't want to play with you. The person has every right to quit and refuse to play with such people.

Sheesh, this type of threads are so immature, grow up, you guys are not children and telling mommy bioware to punish people because they do not want to play with you is just ludicrous.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote to Kick ANYONE before deserter debuff Dev Mod CS if any of you are listening. Let us kick the guy in lvl 43 greens and I will be far more likely to stay in a wz. If you want to do both at the same time thats cool. If you dont give us an open vote to kick where the 4 votes from my premade is enough to remove ANY player from the game then dont penalize us for leaving a game with mouthbreathers.

IMO, the best option will be to make third type of warzones - "hardmode warzones" or something like that. Player must have some amount of credits and commendations to join such warzone, but if he quits - he loses it. (Some kind of a bid). If player exits through "leave warzone" button or logout he also receives "deserter" debuff for some time. If player loses connection during warzone then he only loses his stake. Of course, rewards after completion of such warzone must be significantly higher then normal.

Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for your reply Allison but I think I should make my case clear!

If you punish me for leaving a warzone that isnt trying for objectives.

I close account down

If you reward others for not going after the objectives

I close account down

I just want to be clear on that and hope you pass that little tidbit along to your dev team because I can tell you up front I am NOT alone in this feeling and standard.

I honestly dont see how you could put anything fair into place that punishes those that quit simply because the team goes down a goal or turret (I agree those people suck donkey you know what).

How does the game tell the difference between that and someone whose asked team for a game plan 5 times and received no answer before leaving?

Cause Ill be honest, I dont think the later person in my above example is a problem what so ever.

How does game tell the difference between first example and someone whose alone on the ramparts of a huttaball match trying desperately to stop other team from scoring while his team mates sit off in a corner and farm kills with no interest in game and objectives?

PLEASE forward this along to your devs because if you start rewarding bad play simply because they stayed.

That will be the final straw that breaks the back for this subscriber.

Not a threat

Not a ultimatum

Simply the truth!

I think your devs should stop wasting time on this and focus on tiered warzones where Warhero faces warhero and pre mades face premades!

You know, IMPORTANT GAME BREAKING STUFF!

seriously the only way to stop ppl from leaving is to charge them irl money (and even that is'nt a sure thing)

ppl will quit for whatever reason no matter what penalty is thrown at em.

if you dislike random behaviour stay out of random wz's.

not even logic

If it's a deserter debuff, I will simply sit there semi-afk or dance until the miserable wz is over. Read: not a viable solution. Incentives please. People quit and re-queue to get more comms for their time, simple.

P.S. Adding some kind of incentive for players that perform exceptionally on the losing team would be nice. As it is I can heal a bunch of morons for 1 million healing and it does nothing. There's simply no good reason to stick around.

Edited by Serbegorn

seriously the only way to stop ppl from leaving is to charge them irl money (and even that is'nt a sure thing)

ppl will quit for whatever reason no matter what penalty is thrown at em.

if you dislike random behaviour stay out of random wz's.

that will solve it since no one will be playing the game anymore, no one can leave the wz

BEST. SOLUTION. EVER. TO A PROBLEM THAT DOES NOT EXIST

seriously.

I'm a warzone leaver. I leave a lot of pub warzones. After nearly a year I've grown tired of watching herds of players absolutely fail at understanding even the most basic game mechanics. There is no reason for me to waste my time watching them pile around the door knob.

Last fights I was in Windowed mode, every 3 games i got what looks like a keyboard buffer f *up and game would crash. Funny stuff like not being able to click on the freakin bike, and more...

Some other times after you click on the Join WZ popup the loading screen takes so long that when you get ingame or close, you get discoed for not moving.

Full screen mode solved it, but still...

So yes I don't like quitters but you need to get the whole picture

Edit: last 2 quitters I saw, fist match we came back and won, last we lost but we were so deep in it anyway...

So who cares they quit, replacement will at least try.

Edited by Cymate

They might want to change the weekly as it encourages people to leave losing matches once their daily is complete.

This hits the nail on the head.

People don't quit when they're hunting the daily cos even a loss progresses them a bit.

Once the daily is done and you're "hunting wins" it's hard for people to stick in a wz filled with 14k hp fresh 50s cos it's a pretty good chance they're just gonna waste 15min.

And this is only going to get worse in 1.4 when the daily goes from 0/6 to 0/4. I'd say increase weekly to 12/12 (potentionally even more but you're ofc running the risk of it being percieved as "too grindy" if it's too high) but with the same system of matches played counting towards it.

(or another penalty for leaving)!

Dudes, primo you must fix class imbalance. Pyrotechs and tankasins are too OP for PvP.

Secundo, dudes, you must fix problem PUG vs. premade. Its quite not fun play in PUG vs. premade.

Tertio, dudes, you must make choosing WZ which I want to play. I wanna play only Voidstar and Huttball.

Oh uh, and there must be filter on 900 expertise at least for enter into WZ.

If you makes any penalties without that changes, you lost else 200-300 K subs, and my too.

A looser's daily :)

"Take a beating" - Loose 6 warzones, gain 100 ranked 100 wzcomms.

Debt - If you quit a wz, you'll be 10 comms in debt. So you'll get 10 wz less the next wz you stay complete.

or it adds up if you leave the next one too. up to a max (or min) of- 100 wz comms.

Edited by Kattla

Coming from a PVP addict and before the 1st server mergers... (78 valor, >6k kills, war hero, etc)

INCENTIVE in the form of BALANCED games. When the games are close, there are very few deserters. Do the math, figure the numbers, and make the warzones playable for EVERYONE. Good gear vs. bad gear should have a clear advantage, but not the kind where 1 vs. 3-5 wins. No one wearing level appropriate PVP gear should have to die constantly in under 2 seconds or be perma-stunned to death. Stuns need to come with resists for the stunned, or as it's been suggested so many times; eliminate almost ALL of them in PVP. No one likes inaction, and more mice and keyboards get broken from over stunning/rooting than any other aspect of PVP. :o

After the first server merges, wins and losses were an even, exciting mystery and toss up. THEN came Ranked mess.

Ranked groups joining regular PUG warzones has caused more quitting than anything I've seen. I wrote a ticket and was told that a full ranked group of 8 can join a regular warzone! NEVER should you have more than a 4-4 split on that IF you really insist on keeping that feature. It's ridiculous, because you can always queue in regular warzones outside of ranked. OR, you have to allow regular warzones to queue full groups as well. I hate having a really great group that I never see again all together in regular warzones, because they are gear shamed into not joining Ranked.

Run metrics on your PVP games, and boost the side/classes losing if it gets worse than 4:1 losses to wins. Keep the game balanced, keep the chance of winning realistic for as many games as possible. Ideally put in a LIVE group vs. group computerized match and adjust the numbers for Regular Warzones so that both sides have a CHANCE. Keep up the good work on eliminating exploits and hacks. Then, people will stop quitting so much.

HOPE carries and FUN is THE WIN.

Edited by Slinktress

Sometimes I'm a in a bad group. It lacks coordination, or one or two people .. might as well not be there. But there's still a full 8 on the other team, and 56 more on this team, whose experience I'm ruining by quitting instead of just trying hard. If we loose, we loose, but we gave them a fight. Of course, those times when you still win in spite the odds are all the sweeter.

When you quit, there's a very good chance you're ruining the game for others. I think it's the other way around, if you want a perfect team then you should stick to guild-only ranked. If you're queing randomly then you should be prepared to stick it out.

In that vein, I fully support a penalty, and a much higher penalty for any AFKer. That's not to say I'm against the other proposed solutions of also allowing a majority to kick a bad player, but I submit 4 votes should not be enough, you'd require 5, so that a premade can just kick anyone they want. If the person is ruining the warzone, getting a 5th vote will be easy.

As for the threats of quitting of it's implemented, shrug, people will quit either way. It is getting very frustrating to wait for a match only to have it ruined by quitters.

TL;DR Those who can only play with great teams and can't tolerate otherwise, should only play with teams and be discouraged from queuing randomly and ruining other people's gaming experience.

When you quit, there's a very good chance you're ruining the game for others..

Dude, I pay my money for playing. If I wanna to play, I play. If I dont want to play with morons, I dont play and quit.

If I pay my money, but cannot play, I just simple dont pay my money.

Its simple for you, right?

I dont care about others. I'm care just about my own enjoy. I pay for it money. If I cannot enjoy, I dont pay money.

Thanks for your reply Allison but I think I should make my case clear!

If you punish me for leaving a warzone that isnt trying for objectives.

I close account down

If you reward others for not going after the objectives

I close account down

I just want to be clear on that and hope you pass that little tidbit along to your dev team because I can tell you up front I am NOT alone in this feeling and standard.

I honestly dont see how you could put anything fair into place that punishes those that quit simply because the team goes down a goal or turret (I agree those people suck donkey you know what).

How does the game tell the difference between that and someone whose asked team for a game plan 5 times and received no answer before leaving?

Cause Ill be honest, I dont think the later person in my above example is a problem what so ever.

How does game tell the difference between first example and someone whose alone on the ramparts of a huttaball match trying desperately to stop other team from scoring while his team mates sit off in a corner and farm kills with no interest in game and objectives?

PLEASE forward this along to your devs because if you start rewarding bad play simply because they stayed.

That will be the final straw that breaks the back for this subscriber.

Not a threat

Not a ultimatum

Simply the truth!

Please hit DELETE now Thank you for leaving...

A looser's daily :)

"Take a beating" - Loose 6 warzones, gain 100 ranked 100 wzcomms.

Debt - If you quit a wz, you'll be 10 comms in debt. So you'll get 10 wz less the next wz you stay complete.

or it adds up if you leave the next one too. up to a max (or min) of- 100 wz comms.

Why does everyone confuse the words lose and loose?

Give me a reason why I should stay in a completely random PUG when I am up against premades from some of the 'best' PvP guilds on the server? To get stomped into the ground? To run into a face full of CC? To see them get announced as 'unbeatable' and 'invincible' because getting a PUG to focus a healer and co-ordinate CC is like trying to herd cats..."Tough it out?" No, I am not going to get beaten into the ground for someone else's enjoyment.

Sorry, I don't enjoy that, and since I pay a sub to play a game that is supposed to be fun I am not going to stick around when I'm not having fun. Simple as that. That's also pretty much the *only* reason why I'll leave a warzone - but make no mistake about it, I will leave.

/end QQ