Gentlemen, I present to you…THE ULTIMATE POST.

mourasantos

Hi, I am very happy to see someone else posting something like this. I like your way of thinking and would like to see almost all of these subjects come to life. I too have a similar list that looks more to the immediately needed things including bug fixes and other recommendations that I am sure you will find satisfying. My list may be easier to implement though but doesn't try to contradict your ideas. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=563741

I just fear that now with the release of the cartel market, many new features will have to be bought with cartel coins. As a subscriber, I am already seeing the cartel icon appearing at almost too many places, and this makes me feel like the game is asking for too much.

Edited by MastaKorgy

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to chime in here after reading the first page. When I started playing back at release and even now, the way I understood the difference between the PvE and PvP servers was that PvP was for players experienced in playing against other players and not computer models, and that PvE was for people, like myself, who are not that experienced or simply aren't interested in playing against other players. Furthermore, there are still plenty of contested areas, like the Smuggler's Den on Tatooine, where novices can practice if they want to. Also, back on the whole interest remark above, some of us play strictly for the story and simply don't give a rat's ***** about everyone else who are also busy donig their own sh*t. Hell, I've only grouped for Heroics and Flashpoints maybe 15 times total over this whole year. I don't even touch Ops or Warzones. Now, I'm not writing this to say that I never want to do any of the PvP stuff, I do because again you're playing against aanother player making the fight unpredictable and all the more challenging. However, my personal reason for not doing any of it is simply because i have a piece of sh*t computer and still haven't managed to save enough money to get a high end gaming computer. Once I get one and don't have to worry about 1-3 minute lags, which we all know is too much damn time in-game, I'm definately going to give it all a shot.

And there's my two creds. I wont be looking back at this, so if anyone tries to say something to tick me off it aint going to work.

Peace Out B****es

I really like the Cantina instance idea, especially for RP. It would be great to be able to RP with your own characters either in this fashion, or for instance allowing another player to act as your character in appearance for a particular story arc.

For example, I'm currently duoing a storyline with a friend, it involves 2 of his characters (a father/daughter) and 1 of mine. It's kind of sad that we could never have his two characters actually meet in game.

Fair post. Some of the items are the same as listed in my Definitive Issues thread (see sig), such as sound and travel, and to a large degree the Companions - though I think you're missing the underlying story flaws that seem to be hinted at in some of your material without identifying the root cause...

... the lack of story depth (Companions, NPC's, Missions and Flashpoints).

Have a read, might help you zero in on some of these with more clarity.

Edited by BlueDestiny

Fair post. Some of the items are the same as listed in my Definitive Issues thread (see sig), such as sound and travel, and to a large degree the Companions - though I think you're missing the underlying story flaws that seem to be hinted at in some of your material without identifying the root cause...

Yours was good, his is better.

Spectacular lay-out though! Congratulations.

PvP will never be forced in MMO's that aren't centered around PvP. This isn't a PvP Focused MMO and hopefully it will never ever be turned into a PvP Focused MMO.

That said, problem with your Bounty Idea like most Bounty Ideas are that Bounty Hunters cannot attack other Imperial Players outside of the Outlaw Den and Huttball. So, Bounty Hunters wouldn't be able to claim those Bounties. Also, they wouldn't be able to claim Bounties on Republic Players that are on the Fleet, Coruscant, Taris or Balmorra, along with those doing Flash Points and Operations.

problem with your Bounty Idea like most Bounty Ideas are that Bounty Hunters cannot attack other Imperial Players outside of the Outlaw Den and Huttball. So, Bounty Hunters wouldn't be able to claim those Bounties. Also, they wouldn't be able to claim Bounties on Republic Players that are on the Fleet, Coruscant, Taris or Balmorra, along with those doing Flash Points and Operations.

That would only present itself as a valid problem if MMO's were static in any way, which they're not. That can easily be solved by introducing more contested areas in planets.

That would only present itself as a valid problem if MMO's were static in any way, which they're not. That can easily be solved by introducing more contested areas in planets.

And yet still as a valid problem as there wouldn't be any way for the Bounty Hunter to hunt their Targets in those Areas.

The VO thing I could get behind, the rest is meh. I'd pay $20 for the Jennifer Hale voice pack.

EDIT: I didn't read the BH since I didn't have one, but reading the other posts I went back and I have only one word for that:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...

Edited by Thylbanus

09.18.2012 , 07:26 PM | #1 , when this post was created.

12.15.2012 , 02:04 PM | #1 , when your thread was created.

Yea dawg, he totally be rippin' you off.

Too bad he isn't here to defend himself, it seems. It's a shame, really. As much as I disagreed with the guy, he was always trying.

*sigh*

I don't want any Bounty Systems. They just get exploited by masses of players who grind on guildies' bounties, or worse yet, their own 2nd account with 2 computers going at once.

If you like the Kinect, you'll probably also like the > LEAP < which is due in early 2013. I dream of being able to stop using any toolbars, and just gesture all movements & abilities. It's not likely that sophisticated, but it's probably close.

I read some of that article on MMO Combat Systems, and it got me thinking about the role of PvE combat in SWToR. I realized, there's no particular reason why PvE combat has to resemble PvP combat. The combat system, I think, is designed to make it fair for PvP battle in varying and possibly faltering network conditions, and to regulate the load on the server. However the idea of fairness in PvE combat is not particularly necessary, since NPCs won't complain that they think you're getting too many attacks per second for them to respond on their slower network connection.

In PvE combat, attacks could all be instantaneous response, inasmuch as the previous attack move has had time to complete. Imagine a Scoundrel able to pop off 10 Sucker Punches in a row on a Boss, then tap Cool Head and pop off 5 or so more Sucker Punches. It could make for some very interesting PvE gameplay if the moves were all revamped to be free-form and not GCD-locked.

And further than that, there could be an entire set of abilities that apply to PvE combat only, which are designed for team-play and which would be most useful when used in conjunction with other players' special PvE abilities. Not like Stun or similar abilities.. but new abilities that are a little more involved and have some complexity to them. Some would be specific to droids only, others would be specific to creature mobs, there have to be many creative possibilities that haven't been thought up. For example, maybe one ability would be an oil slick that makes creatures fall over when they try to walk around... and a special ability for another class would be to freeze the ground underneath the target so they slide across when they try to run through the area. When used in conjunction on the same patch of ground, a mob of creatures would become incapacitated for 30 seconds because of the freezing oil slick on their hooves. Any distributed abilities that were designed for use in conjunction with other players' unique abilities would increase the quality of team play.

To the guy above me I like the idea 100%, kind of like what GW2 did and what TESO will be doing, but it would have to be easily understood and not too complicated to work in my opinion, because some things would get too out of hand if you had, for example, someone putting down a huge AOE oil slick and a bounty hunter flamethrower-ing over that area and all mobs are set on fire. I feel as though it would have to be relatively simple and small-scale. Then again, if controlled well enough you could really implement some crazy team-play abilities!

The VO thing I could get behind, the rest is meh. I'd pay $20 for the Jennifer Hale voice pack.

EDIT: I didn't read the BH since I didn't have one, but reading the other posts I went back and I have only one word for that:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...

I'd love you to specify!