Gentlemen, I present to you…THE ULTIMATE POST.

mourasantos

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still love the idea- if I may sugest something about roll back to 1.3. when the game worked (more or less)? I personaly don't care about anti-aliased shadows- I want big I want epic- I want your ideas implimented and I want the game to work.

Not really. I mean, considering there are speeders worth a million...

Assuming there are 4 tiers total, what price would you start at?

I like pricing scale from EQ2. Starter house is free with 5 silver (500 credits) upkeep per week and scales up from there to houses costing 5-10 plat (5-10 million credits) to buy.

I like pricing scale from EQ2. Starter house is free with 5 silver (500 credits) upkeep per week and scales up from there to houses costing 5-10 plat (5-10 million credits) to buy.

I have a question for you: were these houses instanced areas or actual places?

Edited by mourasantos

That would be instanced housing.

Not if they actually design the individual floors. 1-50 would be carbon copies of each other, but open to customization. 50-100 the same, except they'd be a bit more spacious, and so on...

Edited by mourasantos

Not if they actually design the individual floors. 1-50 would be carbon copies of each other, but open to customization. 50-100 the same, except they'd be a bit more spacious, and so on...

Has potential, but how many units do you see being available?

Was brought here by your sig, from you posting in another thread.

Read through your entire post, read everything you have to say, and...

No.

No.

No.

I'm too angry to even formulate my answers properly,

I had planned on quoting each thing you said that i don't agree with, then explaining why i don't agree with them, but there was way too much in that post to even attempt doing so.

So, No.

You are wrong.

And, Bioware, if you read this post, please, please, PLEASE don't listen to this guy in any shape or form.

Some of his points were decent, all of his solutions are, imo, not the way these things should be addressed.

He's just wasting everyone's time.

Please, Sir, Go Away.

Edited by TalantMAJR

There are so many ideas in OP, some interesting, some less to my liking. I did not react like TalantMAJR but... the ideas seem to be out of touch with technical capabilities and resources to create them, like it would take month to create single 'adaptive' dialog in Flashpoint. To what point?

Sprint from level 1? Is it not in game already?I liked the idea of slightly differentiating voices of same players in Ops.

Then I've read the Combat section and quoted article, it was fun to read but aside critic there was not any idea except into turning it into total random... something. Preparations, training, gearing up inferior to element of surprise? So we just go as level 1 and "BOO!" on raid boss to scare him when his back is turned?

Well, he confessed "I don't have any real-world combat training" and hopefully no kid from kindergarten got him by surprise until now because apparently difference in size, stamina, strength, training and experience would not matter against cunning opponent. Thanks, but I prefer current boring system. :)

fair-I supose if this is to be the mother of all patches kind of ideas short of getting you hired I guess we can support the ideas--and point out that not many people asked for 1.4 the designers, developers coders etc etc are out of touch with there customers- it delivered...a ops (wich people did ask for) it also delivered and detracting from it's traction: most of the crap bugs that were resolved in every patch minor or major leeding up to 1.4 as well introducing problems unique to it.

I still salute you sir/mam/it for stating these ideas and sincerly hope they get implimented.The visual side of TOR is a week link (not the damn shadows) other MMOs have a certain kind of weight and color that pops. (without horrible amounts lag)

Was brought here by your sig, from you posting in another thread.

Read through your entire post, read everything you have to say, and...

No.

No.

No.

I'm too angry to even formulate my answers properly,

I had planned on quoting each thing you said that i don't agree with, then explaining why i don't agree with them, but there was way too much in that post to even attempt doing so.

So, No.

You are wrong.

And, Bioware, if you read this post, please, please, PLEASE don't listen to this guy in any shape or form.

Some of his points were decent, all of his solutions are, imo, not the way these things should be addressed.

He's just wasting everyone's time.

Please, Sir, Go Away.

I must commend you, good sir, for elaborating such a constructive post. Good show!

Edited by mourasantos

ok let me just say this, PVE and PVP should not be done away with and should not be forced, I hate PVP all you hardcore players, if you wanna be called that, never find anyone else to attack but weak players and i do not want the hassle of dealing with annoyances while playing like that. keep the PVP away from PVE, or i would series quit the game like the majority would.

I like some of your ideas, but Im only going to comment on one. The bounty system looks quite entertaining to me. I think with a lot of work it could be big in the game. Maybe a flagging system that could let people post a bounty on you or something like that. And the penalty system needs revising (particularly the kill clock), but it could possibly work. It would hopefully add some spice to the game for everyone.I think the idea is fun and could work well for the game. Keep it up!

I like some of your ideas, but Im only going to comment on one. The bounty system looks quite entertaining to me. I think with a lot of work it could be big in the game. Maybe a flagging system that could let people post a bounty on you or something like that. And the penalty system needs revising (particularly the kill clock), but it could possibly work. It would hopefully add some spice to the game for everyone.I think the idea is fun and could work well for the game. Keep it up!

Will do ;)

However many the (virtual) market demands.

There're a potential F2P correlationship here as well: pay 2 live large.

My point being there would need to be millions of units. So best to have it instanced. You have a variety of houses to pick from, but 50k people could pick house type C for instance and would all use the same entrance.

Thank you to the OP for taking such time and effort to make positive suggestions! I hope some of them get followed through with some member clinching content.

I also like the Bounty idea for the PVP servers.

I would like to compliment the idea and basics of the Group finder system; I still would love some group size flexibility and SOME kind of guild support/bonus.

Group Finder should be available for Ranked Warzones, and No Full ranked group should ever find itself in a regular warzone after that by game design. Also, please listen to the masses and reduce or eliminate CC and Resolve for PVP instances.