Fine welcome from "new" server.. NOT

Simmin

So I log in, see that I'm no longer on CR server, but on some other one. One toon name got changed, sorta no big deal. The BIG deal is, the hate coming from the new server. You think we like the change?

If your pissed, tell it to Bioware, not the players.

TEH is being incredibly nice to our recent arrivals from what I have seen...just make sure those showing their *** aren't trolls from another server trying to stir the crap pot.

And keep in mind that the GM's are swift and hertless when it comes to dealing with reports of harassment.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

What?! People are flaming BW on the new consolidated servers?! Yeah not surprised. You always hear such things when new changes come about and now that there are higher populations you'll hear it louder than before.

Just que for HMFP/Ops/pvp or quest away. Things will settle down.

All servers are new, we all got moved, so the idiots being, well, idiots are wrong; they're on a new server too.

I'm yet too see any evidence of this. As i see the situation - they've tested the new tech, then they applied the new tech to old servers, upgrading them. If we really have brand new servers, why do they retain old names? To confuse people and cause frustration?

I'm yet too see any evidence of this. As i see the situation - they've tested the new tech, then they applied the new tech to old servers, upgrading them. If we really have brand new servers, why do they retain old names? To confuse people and cause frustration?

Look at your GUI state files and you'll see. Plus, the old server names were included as being moved to the new server names (i.e. The Shadowlands --> The Shadowlands). That's two pieces of evidence right there.

If you don't know about the GUI state files, let me try to explain. Each file is named using a number assigned to a specific server and it's the file that holds all of your chat preferences and some other stuff. I was forced onto The Shadowlands in the previous free transfer so I had* to change my Sith Meditation Sphere files from he1012 to the number that corresponded with Shadowlands, he1034. Today, the number for The Shadowlands is he1093.

*Sorry, I don't have to but I prefer to because then I don't have to log in each character and go back through resetting everything.

Edited by KurganNazzir

Just que for HMFP/Ops/pvp or quest away. Things will settle down.

Hard enough to quest before w/o stumbling over 5 other people. Not looking forward to seeing what it's going to be like now. Merges were unneeded and unwanted.

(admittedly, I don't go in for ops/flashpoints/PvP, so, I didn't think the FIRST round of mergers were particularly needed, though as I understand it my server (Drooga's) was one of the ones with an adequate population... this new round was definitely unneccessary)

Look at your GUI state files and you'll see. Plus, the old server names were included as being moved to the new server names (i.e. The Shadowlands --> The Shadowlands). That's two pieces of evidence right there.

If you don't know about the GUI state files, let me try to explain. Each file is named using a number assigned to a specific server and it's the file that holds all of your chat preferences and some other stuff. I was forced onto The Shadowlands in the previous free transfer so I had* to change my Sith Meditation Sphere files from he1012 to the number that corresponded with Shadowlands, he1034. Today, the number for The Shadowlands is he1093.

*Sorry, I don't have to but I prefer to because then I don't have to log in each character and go back through resetting everything.

Thank you for the explanation.

But my other question still stands. Why giving new servers old names? People are confused and annoyed. They think that, even being native to their server, they are forced to give up their beloved names to newcomers.

It wasn't hard for devs to predict such a reaction at all, so... are they doing it on purpouse? I just don't know what to think of this. Or, actually, i know. They just don't give a. Not surprised.

Hard enough to quest before w/o stumbling over 5 other people. Not looking forward to seeing what it's going to be like now. Merges were unneeded and unwanted.

(admittedly, I don't go in for ops/flashpoints/PvP, so, I didn't think the FIRST round of mergers were particularly needed, though as I understand it my server (Drooga's) was one of the ones with an adequate population... this new round was definitely unneccessary)

Agreed. I was on Correlian Run and our server population was just fine. While I see the transfer as a positive for GTN activity, I can't really say my in-game experience is going to get better now with way more people. In some cases, such as doing daily missions and questing with alts, it may get worse. :confused:

Hmm... I've searched a bit the site and found out that, despite the destination servers technically being new, Bioware still considers them as the upgraded old ones.

Server Consolidation

We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers will be automatically moved onto the upgraded high population destination servers.

Here they state that they upgraded already existing servers, though this part can be interpreted differently. Ok, let's move on.

As a result, you may find that some of your characters are now located on a different server.

Some, but not all of them. The ones which were located on destination servers didn't move anywhere. This can also be interpreted differently, so not convincing enough yet.

Server Consolidation FAQs

My Server is being consolidated, what does this mean?

The server consolidation process is the latest step in our on-going server population balancing efforts, which began with the Free Character Transfer Program. The process involves the migration of the populations of several specific origin servers onto larger, Higher Population destination servers. A large majority of these servers were originally targeted as destination servers during the Free Character Transfer Program, and have been upgraded in order to support a significantly higher number of players.

Aaand here it is. They officially confirm that the "new" high pop destination servers are simply upgraded old ones.

Why does it even matter? So some childish fools are tossing hate around about players from other servers. Instead of taking offense to it ignore it and prove them wrong with your actions and abilities. If you take offense to them saying people from your server suck then part of you must agree with them.

If you flame back it makes you no better than them.

So I log in, see that I'm no longer on CR server, but on some other one. One toon name got changed, sorta no big deal. The BIG deal is, the hate coming from the new server. You think we like the change?

If your pissed, tell it to Bioware, not the players.

Did they burn a cross in your front yard? That's hate......