A Tale of Two Games: ToR and WoW - Review!

dvvx

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something people have to remember about reviews is not to hate on them instatnly just because they said something you disagree with, it is a much better idea to look at what the person said objectively. You could try and argue your pooints across to the person if you want but dont get pissy when he doesnt agree with you remember everyone has the right to there own opinion that being said.

OP I think that was a great review tho I dont agree with every thing you said for example Im maining a Sith Juggernaught at the moment and i actually really like the fact that theres no auto attack means Im always paying attension like I should be. Oh and also WoW and RIFT both still have a ton of "go to X do Y go back to X"

Actually, it's an objective review. I back everything up with in-game data. What part, in particular, did you have an issue with? For example, if I said Gigli is a terrible movie, that would also be an undeniable fact.

*stuck up voice* Actually, bragging about being in the top 3 or whatever wow area teams is sad, arena is bad IMO. and so are you. you brag about yourself to get ur e-peen bigger then right a stuck up review without the game even being out. And, quoting someone else, calling us fanboys and fangirls does ruin ur credibility. please, we dont want you, go play a slowly dieing mmo that u love sooooo much...

Can't wait because soon all these [rhymes with midiots] who we all knew weren't going to like the game when they registered and told you, for over 3 years now, how and why they weren't going to like this game are all going to go "buh bye."

Soon. So soon.

OP - your "credentials" crack me up. I could care less what guild accomplishments and pvp ranks you claim to have enjoyed. There is a little concept called "FUN" that is purely subjective, and that's the reason self appointed game authorities like you and your little reviews are a waste of forum space. No one cares dude. You don't like it? Move on. Simple as that. Edited by sithkllr

Who am I? I'm some dude that led a top-US CS:S team for many years, was a part of two top-10 WoW guilds, and played in several WoW Arena Tournies (including the CGS invitational) and many many CS tournaments, including the CPL. I also had a stint working for an indie game developer several years ago. I like to think that I know what I'm talking about, and usually, I do.

This part made me laugh. :D

if I am not mistaken ( and as he so brazenly stated himself ) OP did make some reviews during beta, he claimed he had full beta access where it was proven, that he in fact only had weekend beta access, he also posted his review on mmo champion, actually making 1 or 2 troll accounts to back him up on the forums

if you ask me, OP is just desperate for some attention and acknowledgement.

move along, nothing to see here

if I am not mistaken ( and as he so brazenly stated himself ) OP did make some reviews during beta, he claimed he had full beta access where it was proven, that he in fact only had weekend beta access, he also posted his review on mmo champion, actually making 1 or 2 troll accounts to back him up on the forums

if you ask me, OP is just desperate for some attention and acknowledgement.

move along, nothing to see here

He, and a few other very industrious people, have been desperate for attention since the day they registered. This one especially is dogged in pushing his opinion over as fact and fueling his rant filled posts with bump after bump.

Hmm....

I have been playing the game for a while as i was a full time tester and guess what, I genuinely love it. When beta ended that was the time I really realized how addicted I was to the game. I kept wishing I could log in every night durning the down time before EGA.

I could not disagree with the OP more on every front.

Hahah nice. Sounds about right. Someone didn't get many hugs as a kid and now we all have to pay the price.

the fact that he made accounts backing him up makes it so much more sadder :p

I am not 100% sure it's this guy, about 90% but here is the mmo champions thread for anyone interested in a laugh

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1025596-A-FULL-and-TOTAL-Review-Of-SW-TOR-From-An-Experienced-Beta-Tester-(NO-SPOILERS!)?

Edited by Rayvhen

The main thing with me is the setting when it comes to comparing the 2 games. I played WoW and loved it, but Im a sci-fi fan, and sci-fi MMOs have all been catastrophic, except for Excel In Space. (Which I actually loved, but couldnt put in the farming effort to get a decent PvP experience).

This game comes out today, and will be enjoyed by almost everyone that plays it. There will be a load of jaded hardcore gamers out there who will say 'Yawn, seen it' but as a piece of entertainment, this is one of the most impressive achievements ever. Not to mention it is on the verge of full release, and has nto recieved a single content patch.

Who knows what lies in store? I cant wait to see tbh. Will they follow the expanded Universe storylines? Or make their own way?

Most of all I hope they make a version of X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter, for space missions, and some free flight and open world space pvp. but I know they know we want this, and I reckon they would LOVE to oblige.

Literally cannot wait. If they pulled this off, and had a part of the game like EVE but with playability, well.....Skys the limit with this game really.

You know, it's a fair review from your perspective. Sadly though I could care less about WoW as my main MMO experience has been DAOC, MxO, and EVE. Anyone who uses WoW as their comparison point is automatically rendered irrelevant to me.

Just to add, when you are trying to craft a review, calling people 'Fanboy' and 'Fangirl' because they have differing opinions crushes any credibility.

Agreed +1 internetz

TLDR version: I am a WoW addict and hate any game that tries to compete with it.

Look OP, no one cares what your gaming credentials are. Seriously.. don't spout that as if this is supposed to impress anyone. Your review is not a review. Is a bashing of the game. You throw a couple backhanded compliments, but 95% of your "review" is telling everyone what a terrible game this is. How the voice acting makes it worse. That's not a review. That's your OPINION. I personally like it. My wife is in love with it. You should realize you don't represent 100% of the gamer types who will play this game. But you wrote your "review" from that slant. That any opinion that isn't one from someone who was in TWO top 10 WoW guilds doesn't matter.

WoW is a borefest, and has been since mid BC. It used to be fun. Challenging. And then it went downhill in a hurry. The latest raid is a laughable ezfest. Several CASUAL raiding guilds downing the final boss on the first day! They took every mechanic that made the game fun, and cheesed it to appease the whiney, "gimme" masses that crowded their game. They got their wish in subscriber #'s. They ruined their game in the process.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit more than Conan, Aion, Rift, and several other wanna-be MMOs that came out since WoW. It's a nice change of pace. For a new launch, it's fairly refined. It has many issues it needs to iron out, but it has a lot of good points. You did not review this game. You trashed the game. You have no idea what a "review" is.

Thanks for that complete waste of time. You might as well just spam in general chat WoW>TOR like all of the other mindless WoW victims....

To be blunt, your review sucked. I could go into detail but is it really worth wasting time for? You will just say "WELL IN WOW I CAN DO THIS!". If you are so hell bent and hung up on comparing the game to every other MMO then just please please go back to them and let us enjoy our time. To be quite honest we dont give a **** what you have to say. The second you mentioned WoW and comparing the game to it I was done with you.

I am having a blast with the game and thats all that matters. I played WoW for years and it was a good game but its time is up. Everything has an expiration date and WoW has far surpassed its date.

Live in the now kid.

What a terrible one sided review. I'm not criticising from a wow fan POV as I don't play it, but from the fact your writing skills leave a lot to be desired. What if you don't play WOW? Your review then is just irrelevant and not easy to understand at all. Edited by Ovine

he probably doesn't have any credentials, his entire behaviour points to someone who gets a feeling of accomplishment if people think he is someone on the internet.

I should know, I majored in psychology ( or did I just make that up? who is gonna be able to tell? )

During hardcore leveling periods, I also found myself skipping all VO
\

This right here explains why this game isn't for you. This game is about the story and the content. You just want to max level and kill for loots. This game will never appeal to your type. I think maybe going back to WoW would do us all justice.