get on the PTS peeps

liammozz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? It's not like they listen to or make changes based on the feedback of PTS players anyway. They gonna ship it like they want, when they want. What you or we say is irrelevant.

It's a smoke screen. A farce. A waste of time.

Edited by DarthTHC

Why? It's not like they listen to or make changes based on the feedback of PTS players anyway. They gonna ship it like they want, when they want. What you or we say is irrelevant.

I hate to say it but I do wish they would be a little more proactive in listening to us when we bug things on PST...every single thing I have bugged since 1.2 hasn't been addressed and the old "It's a complex issue" is getting a bit old...if the issues are too complex for them maybe they should hire better programmers?

Edited by Jett-Rinn

seriously if thats how you feel then why are you still playing

Many of us aren't any more Liam. I don't hate the game, but bit by bit, they've communicated to us that our opinions don't matter, and that its perfectly viable to go against their word. As is stands now, they're absolutely NO Character copy on the PTR. most of us will barely get past level 15 or so. they should know by now that many high end players do not feel like leveling another character. Furthermore, the amount of 50's on the PTR that are still playing are probably allot smaller then it was in 1.2 or 1.3, so that means even less will be testing high end content.

it's pretty clear that they do not care about our feedback, unless it's to show them huge bugs in the mechanics. and they're handling of the class story quests this last week leaves me to wonder if they would even bother correcting anything we actually tell them.

On the flip side, it is the middle of the week, and school is in session. that will drastically cut down the population during the day anyways. so to give you hope, it will probably pick up some when late afternoon hits. but don't hold your breath. not many people are excited about this patch. it came across as very last minute, and very much an amalgamation of stuff to "keep the players going". I have a strong feeling that they are not putting much energy into patching until f2p is out.

there was a time that I was hopefull that things were changing...it always seemed just over the hill. but my enthusiasm is quickley fading, and it dissapoints me a great deal. there were allot of things that I liked about the game, but it seems that EA or Bio do not really care to put in the energy they used to. This is an ex-fanboi talking, just so you don't think im some GW2 fotm game hopper. Im usually a one trick pony...i take a game and run with it for good or bad for years (did it with WoW, and did it with LotRO....and Aion....) but I just don't see things moving in a positive direction with the company.

So why would i test a PTR that will impact me very little in game? the only thing I really care a great deal about is that FP's will actually send us back to where we were before....although ill laugh my kiester off if it goes into the game broke.

Honestly, I'd be on the PTS in a heartbeat if there were a transfer/copy service. As it is, 1.4 will be on the PTS for what, 2 weeks? 3? We're being asked to raise a character from scratch to test high-end content. Even if one had the time/drive to sprint from 1-50 (therefore bypassing a ton of content which isn't conducive to genuine testing), time *then* must be spent running ops in stages to gear for the new, high-end content that actually needs to be tested.

It's terribly inefficient process when the vast majority of the 'testing time' is spent getting *ready* to test. Then being asked to pay for the privilege.

They aren't offering character copies and I'm not dl the pts client just to play on a lv1....no thanks.

This a million times. You would think with all the *smart* people working at BW/EA they would know this. But I guess either they aint as smart as they think or just dont care, you pick.

Wait a minute.....

So you don't have the option to get a lvl 50 character with the gear that would be needed to run end game content that needs testing on the PTS? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I don't use PTS servers for these games because, let's face it, I'm not being paid to test their software, I'm paying to play it......and yes, I still have every right to complain about bugs in the game I play. It's not our responsibility to test their work. It's their responsibility to create working software (if hey want to maintain income).

....but I'm still floored at the fact that you would have to level an entirely new toon to test this out anyway. What a total joke that is. wow

Is this why when they change something in an op, it breaks other things? Is their QA dept too busy trying to get geared to test the new changes/content?

Since the topic was PTS and not the game overall, the relevant question would be... if you really feel like that, why do you play on PTS?

The answer is, of course, that I don't.

if you feel that way about the people who make the game why do you continue to fund there product and play?

my original question was valid

Just because they didn't listen to you doesn't mean they didn't listen to anyone!

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

....but I'm still floored at the fact that you would have to level an entirely new toon to test this out anyway. What a total joke that is. wow

I've seen many people on these forums complain about being able to level to 50 and/or gear in less than two weeks. Something tells me none of those people are doing that on test server.

Just because they didn't listen to you doesn't mean they didn't listen to anyone!

I'm hard pressed to think of *any* changes they made in 1.3 based on tester feedback. There were literally thousands of complaints about some of the class changes. IIRC they didn't even respond to any comments, despite people posting hard numbers on those changes.

I'm hard pressed to think of *any* changes they made in 1.3 based on tester feedback. There were literally thousands of complaints about some of the class changes. IIRC they didn't even respond to any comments, despite people posting hard numbers on those changes.

even at 1 thousand complaints it isn't that high of a percentage out of their 500k+ subs. They have to way the choices for everyone not just .2% of their base. And their are bound to be some things that sneak through the cracks and some bugs they don't fix until after release as they are not high priority. It is all part of software dev.

I hate to say it but I do wish they would be a little more proactive in listening to us when we bug things on PST...every single thing I have bugged since 1.2 hasn't been addressed and the old "It's a complex issue" is getting a bit old...if the issues are too complex for them maybe they should hire better programmers?

:eek:

With the last update, I got my character copied over and thought I'd get to do some testing and the PTS turned out to be a joke. Hardly anyone could test the augment stuff because people were trying to sell augment kits for 1 million credits. Most of the people on the PTS were just PVP'ers from low pop servers who were just on there because they couldn't get PVP queues on their regular server. Then, you had a bunch of people who would only run pre-mades through groupfinder with over-geared people because they wanted to be guaranteed to successfully complete FPs in order to get their precious PTS title. So I couldn't even test the groupfinder with my level 50 guy because he wasn't in full Rakata gear....not that you even need that to run HM FPs. So I don't believe that there are hordes of people out there who actually want to thoroughly test the game and provide necessary testing feedback....at least from my experience on the PTS.

i agree, there has been so many things in beta and pts a majority either wanted added, removed or left alone and BW never listens.

also i havnt even logged in the game in about a month, theres no reason too nothing new. and if i play the new stuff on pts then ill end up getting bored of it before it goes live. hell even after it goes live i probly wont play it cause it will be bugged to hell, because... they dont fraking listen.

Unfortunately what that poster said was right in fact the whole PTS is really just pointless and has been since it was put in place.. its under valued, rarely updated to allow players to utilise it properly/fully and what comes out of it just appears to get filed appropriately... its used primarily as a marketing function to promote new content to players who might be in the twilight of their subs or who have cancelled and are just seeing out the days before jumping ship.

But why should that posters opinion or mine detract from wanting to play the game.. no one is forced to go onto the PTS.. your post is MOOT!

Edited by Bloodstealer