SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

is there an option to run TOR Unleashed immediately in Unleashed or Retail modes by adding e.g. "/unleashed" command to the end of the shortcut or start it in this mode from batch file?

Thanks!

It's rude not to read at least the original post before asking a question dude.

I just checked cpuid, in my rig with win 7 x64, i have 4 GB or ram, and i still have the launcher unleashed error, it signed with the current settings ram: 1314, the recommended settings i had enabled trhough all the versions were the recomended for 4 GB. what's happening? Edited by drewiki
gframmar mistakes

I just checked cpuid, in my rig with win 7 x64, i have 4 GB or ram, and i still have the launcher unleashed error, it signed with the current settings ram: 1314, the recommended settings i had enabled trhough all the versions were the recomended for 4 GB. what's happening?

I just updated the main post to be more precise on this matter. Please give it a look.

If you have 50 or 60 bucks and a free SATA port on your motherboard, get an SSD and put ALL your favorite games on it - they all run at top speed without any special utilities.

Indeed, it'll speed up the game, but it won't prevents fps drops as well as swtor unleashed does since RAM is 10 to 30 times faster than the fastest SSD.

Indeed, it'll speed up the game, but it won't prevents fps drops as well as swtor unleashed does since RAM is 10 to 30 times faster than the fastest SSD.

When I moved SWTOR to an SSD, all fps drops and "hiccups" vanished. While a RAMdisk is faster, the SSD seems to be fast enough. And it works for all my games.

I very much dislike the warning in the new version. It says "You need to free 100MB of RAM" or something like that.

I have many browser windows open, and I know that Windows will simply shove their memory into the pagefile when theyre minimized and SWTOR asks for more memory.

I don't like Unleashed aggressively forcing me to close programs. Display a warning, but allow me to continue anyway.

I know how to manage my own computer, don't second-guess me. This is the first thing I really dislike about Unleashed.

I very much dislike the warning in the new version. It says "You need to free 100MB of RAM" or something like that.

I have many browser windows open, and I know that Windows will simply shove their memory into the pagefile when theyre minimized and SWTOR asks for more memory.

I don't like Unleashed aggressively forcing me to close programs. Display a warning, but allow me to continue anyway.

I know how to manage my own computer, don't second-guess me. This is the first thing I really dislike about Unleashed.

There are 2 kind of errors.

1- A blocking error message saying "you need to free blablabla". And that I won't remove. Since Unleashed CAN'T work the way it needs to work without this memory available. I prevents people complaining here "I don't understand it crashes, it's slow, blablabla".

2- A non-blocking warning message saying your memory is kind of low for the settings you chose. I could maybe make an option in settings to hide it. But I don't recommend at all running SWTOR Unleashed if the warning is displayed.

If you know how to manage your computer, you probably know you'll have no benefit using unleashed if you get the blocking message. So don't use it.

There are 2 kind of errors.

1- A blocking error message saying "you need to free blablabla". And that I won't remove. Since Unleashed CAN'T work the way it needs to work without this memory available. I prevents people complaining here "I don't understand it crashes, it's slow, blablabla".

2- A non-blocking warning message saying your memory is kind of low for the settings you chose. I could maybe make an option in settings to hide it. But I don't recommend at all running SWTOR Unleashed if the warning is displayed.

If you know how to manage your computer, you probably know you'll have no benefit using unleashed if you get the blocking message. So don't use it.

But my browser's memory will be paged to disk and freed for SWTOR. I know, because thats what always happens. My pagefile usage increases. This is the point of the pagefile, it puts away the memory of background programs until they are needed.

I can run Unleashed 3.2 with 1GB of RAM free, but over a minute or so, I can see Windows pages other apps until SWTOR has enough. Then when I exit SWTOR, I have 6GB of free memory, until I begin to use my browser again, and it returns to RAM.

The error message is artificial, if you believe it is necessary for simple users, then please put an XML option to bypass it for those who wish to.

But my browser's memory will be paged to disk and freed for SWTOR. I know, because thats what always happens. My pagefile usage increases. This is the point of the pagefile, it puts away the memory of background programs until they are needed.

I can run Unleashed 3.2 with 1GB of RAM free, but over a minute or so, I can see Windows pages other apps until SWTOR has enough. Then when I exit SWTOR, I have 6GB of free memory, until I begin to use my browser again, and it returns to RAM.

The error message is artificial, if you believe it is necessary for simple users, then please put an XML option to bypass it for those who wish to.

I would like a way to disable this message as well.

I'll think about it for next release. Until then feel free to stick to 3.2 if you think it helps you more.

But again, if you get the message you'll probably get no benefit from unleashed because if the game swap data to hard drive : you'll get SWAP. Which defeats the purpose of unleashed.

Edited by exca

...you'll probably get no benefit from unleashed because if the game swap data to hard drive : you'll get SWAP. Which defeats the purpose of unleashed.

But as long as I don't unminimize my browser and keep SWTOR open, it is my browser that will be paged, and SWTOR will never have to leave RAM :)

But as long as I don't unminimize my browser and keep SWTOR open, it is my browser that will be paged, and SWTOR will never have to leave RAM :)

I guess i can probably enhance the memory algorythm to take into account the page file.

First I want to thank you for this great little tool. My FPS almost doubled and are staying far above 30 all the time.

But I have a major issue and I don't seem to be able to solve it alone ^^

I have loaded all assets and 100MB extra to the Ramdrive. I unchecked Add DiskCacheArena because with this feature I get the common error.

My major Problem is, that I can't see some NPCs. They are invisible for me. I recognized this first during D7 where I was a tank and couldn't see half the enemies. I can't even target them. If I start SWTOR normal everything works fine.

Do you have any Idea what may cause this?

Thanks in Advance!

First I want to thank you for this great little tool. My FPS almost doubled and are staying far above 30 all the time.

But I have a major issue and I don't seem to be able to solve it alone ^^

I have loaded all assets and 100MB extra to the Ramdrive. I unchecked Add DiskCacheArena because with this feature I get the common error.

My major Problem is, that I can't see some NPCs. They are invisible for me. I recognized this first during D7 where I was a tank and couldn't see half the enemies. I can't even target them. If I start SWTOR normal everything works fine.

Do you have any Idea what may cause this?

Thanks in Advance!

Why don't you try the recommended thing? localapp+diskarena+fx+dynamic and that's all?

Invisible NPC = you are missing a texture file. (understand : "a swtor asset") So unchecking the faulty one should solve your issue i guess. You can try to "remove and quit" then delete you xml configuration file, start unleashed again and set it up again.

Edited by exca

Why don't you try the recommended thing? localapp+diskarena+fx+dynamic and that's all?

Invisible NPC = you are missing a texture file. (understand : "a swtor asset") So unchecking the faulty one should solve your issue i guess. You can try to "remove and quit" then delete you xml configuration file, start unleashed again and set it up again.

Thank you very much! Deleting the XML-File solved the issue!