SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

Where is the log file located?

To get a log file:

• Check the 'Enable Log File' in Settings for SWTOR Unleashed; then click Save Apply and Close.

• A log file will be created in the same directory where you put SwtorUnleashed.exe.

• It is called SwtorUnleashed.log

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get a log file:

• Check the 'Enable Log File' in Settings for SWTOR Unleashed; then click Save Apply and Close.

• A log file will be created in the same directory where you put SwtorUnleashed.exe.

• It is called SwtorUnleashed.log

That is not correct. I have that enabled and nothing labeled log is in that folder.

I sent them the following four files as they appear to be the ones that are writable by the main app.;

ImDiskNet XML file

SwtorUnleashed TXT file <-- this is the log file see the post below.

SwtorUnleashed XML file

System.Windows.Interactivity XML file

He said one of them was the log and it looked ok. But none of these are labeled log.

Edited by Eru-Iluvatar

• 1 month later...
Safety Note. According to CS, This program has been known to cause a few major issues with SWTOR. Use at your own risk.

If you don't have enough RAM to fit the RAM Drive and 4 GB extra or do not follow the instructions on what to do when there is an Game Update Patch. Occasionally, the setting file will become corrupt and you will need to delete it as described in the first step here: http://republicshammer.swtorhost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9864197

If you follow the instructions, this program runs fine and will increase your performance.

Well most people having problems with this software just don't follow instructions.

It's a software for "advanced" users that know what they are doing even if I tried to make it as straightforward as possible.

Well most people having problems with this software just don't follow instructions.

It's a software for "advanced" users that know what they are doing even if I tried to make it as straightforward as possible.

lol. You are one funny little dude. Im just passing on the information as stated by Customer Service. No reason to be hostile Mr advanced user.

lol. You are one funny little dude. Im just passing on the information as stated by Customer Service. No reason to be hostile Mr advanced user.

If you had received for your work so many complaints from people not even taking the time to read what you wrote for them... you would react the same. I developed SWTOR Unleashed for people taking the time to read what is written.

Anything usefull to add?

If you had received for your work so many complaints from people not even taking the time to read what you wrote for them... you would react the same. I developed SWTOR Unleashed for people taking the time to read what is written.

Anything usefull to add?

You know what you should've done is you should've uploaded a 1 minute YouTube video for those that are too lazy to actually just read the instructions. Then half of the comments would not have been on here in the first place :rolleyes:

You know what you should've done is you should've uploaded a 1 minute YouTube video for those that are too lazy to actually just read the instructions. Then half of the comments would not have been on here in the first place :rolleyes:

Sadly those same people would have skipped 75% of the video or the video itself... :/

That doesn't read as hostile. You're just being a putz.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Fearmonger much?

Not at all. There is nothing to fear about a poorly written program. In fact, it has helped some folks with bargain computers and others who have systems that may be on the verge of being outdated.

The "author", and I use that term loosley, wrote a simple program using far more lines of code than needed, that moves files into a ram drive. The code can create issues. Has created issues. Has been acknowledged by CS to cause issues. I only point this out when this thread is resurrected, so others may know what CS has stated.

Nothing more -- Nothing less.

Fear? Of what? Though poorly written, there is nothing malicious in the code.

Not at all. There is nothing to fear about a poorly written program. In fact, it has helped some folks with bargain computers and others who have systems that may be on the verge of being outdated.

The "author", and I use that term loosley, wrote a simple program using far more lines of code than needed, that moves files into a ram drive. The code can create issues. Has created issues. Has been acknowledged by CS to cause issues. I only point this out when this thread is resurrected, so others may know what CS has stated.

Nothing more -- Nothing less.

Fear? Of what? Though poorly written, there is nothing malicious in the code.

You just got dumped by your handfriend and thought you would successfully annoy someone on the SWTOR boards? You are far more a joke than my code is. Hugs and kisses! :p

We eagerly await your vastly superior free replacement. Until then, shut it.

Gift horse, you understand?

Edited by BuriDogshin

Exca I want to thank you for writing and updating SWTOR Unleashed. It helped me tremendously when I had a system that was a few years old but had plenty of RAM.

I have NEVER had an issue with your program and have used it for 2 years now. All it takes is following your very well written instructions.

I have found that by far the largest group of people that have a problem with it are trying to update the game with the pointers still directing to the RAM drive. People just forget to unload and run commercial mode.

The second group that have issues usually do not have enough RAM and end up using their hard drive swap file to load the game, which would pretty much negate any advantage gained by using SWTOR Unleashed.

The third group just cannot comprehend/follow written instruction.

The last (and smallest) group really do have a problem, but you have been very good about getting those fixed as fast as possible for someone that isn't doing this as their primary PAYING job.

Once again, THANK YOU Exca for a program that has definitely helped thousands of players have a more enjoyable experience in SWTOR.

Edited by TheSkate

Exca, thanks for keeping this program updated. Sadly, I had to take it off of my machine, since 6GB of RAM isn't quite enough for the RAMdisk this thing asks for. I'll put it back on my desktop once I can find some more DDR2 sticks.

I ran it on my laptop flawlessly, though, until the fans gave out. Not your doing, but I had to stop doing much of ANYTHING on it at that point.

Exca, thanks for keeping this program updated. Sadly, I had to take it off of my machine, since 6GB of RAM isn't quite enough for the RAMdisk this thing asks for. I'll put it back on my desktop once I can find some more DDR2 sticks.

I ran it on my laptop flawlessly, though, until the fans gave out. Not your doing, but I had to stop doing much of ANYTHING on it at that point.

Well it seems that some core files got larger than before memory requirements should be updated in the first post. I'll do that later.